Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ucl 2013-2014

birraz > munchen's keeper

didn'tnae even dive for cronaldo's free kick ffs

worse than bk ops:
    we will loose

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I am a fan of both.. And feeling the pain..
    Ouch

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Slept in thank goodness. Won't even watch the highlights. After recent results its hardly surprising. Sounds like we got what we deserved quite frankly!

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Slept in thank goodness. Won't even watch the highlights. After recent results its hardly surprising. Sounds like we got what we deserved quite frankly!
    1. If your gonna lose make it by 5
    2. you still get a cup or 2 this year. id be ok with that

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    To make the semis is nothing to sneeze at! More disappointing that we looked unstoppable but there's been a steady decline throughout the season. Pokal is massive now

Hi Guys;
    Just letting you know I've got a (hardly worn) Man City and a (as new) Dortmund shirt for sale.
    Size M.
    Will take offers.

FWIW, massive Athletico fan, dream come true this morning. This makes all the lean years worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Hi Guys;
    Just letting you know I've got a (hardly worn) Man City and a (as new) Dortmund shirt for sale.
    Size M.
    Will take offers.

FWIW, massive Athletico fan, dream come true this morning. This makes all the lean years worth it.
    Ok how much for your Los Colchoneros jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Ok how much for your Los Colchoneros jersey?
    I'll let you know when it shows up on the credit card statement.
    (Exchange rates and all that).

Vamos!!!!!!

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    i actually have followed atleti ever since the torres days and it's great to see them at the top table once again. over the last few seasons they've really built themselves up to be a formidable side. about 3-4 years ago they'd do reasonably well on the back of players like aguero, forlan, diego etc. now they are a legit unit with few weak spots.

i'm torn about the final as i've never really had a hatred of real madrid and i would love to see ronaldo win it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Hi Guys;
    Size M.
    Will take offers.

Hi m8

I would like to enquire about the Man City shirt.

Is it cool if you put it on hold for me until the 13th of May? Will know if I want to buy it or not after the last EPL fixture.

Cheers
    Foreverafan
    OK

i actually have followed atleti ever since the torres days and it's great to see them at the top table once again. over the last few seasons they've really built themselves up to be a formidable side. about 3-4 years ago they'd do reasonably well on the back of players like aguero, forlan, diego etc. now they are a legit unit with few weak spots.

i'm torn about the final as i've never really had a hatred of real madrid and i would love to see ronaldo win it again.
    Fair play

What interests me in this whole thing, and should most definately be raising some serious Ancelotti-style-eyebrows, is the last two UCL finals haven't featured an English team. England should be in a massive panic about this.

TBH I really dislike Spanish football. I rarely watch it, and can barely sit through an entire match of it (and I can never pinpoint it down to one issue). The only team I have an even remote interest in is Bilbao, solely because of the Basquetbol philosophy they have as I admire they attempt to do something like that.

EDIT: forgot to add, probably the thing I find most interesting about Atletico Madrid is their nickname translates to "The Mattress Makers"
    Last edited by pv4; 02-05-2014 at 09:05 AM.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    TBH I really dislike Spanish football. I rarely watch it, and can barely sit through an entire match of it (and I can never pinpoint it down to one issue).
    Agree.
    I see "La Liga" on Fox and i can't bring myself to watch it. Should put some Bundesliga on Fox occasionally. Good attacking football.
    I was listening to a podcast, and somebody brought up C Ronaldo and why he is so widely disliked, which kind of echoes my thoughts. He's just not charismatic at all. Like, he's a "Great" () footballer, skilful, pacey, has a good shot on him, donates time and money to charity. But, there's something about him that just erks me. I can't figure out whether it's his arrogance or what, but I just don't really like him. (i'm sure he has many sleepless nights wondering why people dislike him...).

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Agree.
    I see "La Liga" on Fox and i can't bring myself to watch it. Should put some Bundesliga on Fox occasionally. Good attacking football.
    I was listening to a podcast, and somebody brought up C Ronaldo and why he is so widely disliked, which kind of echoes my thoughts. He's just not charismatic at all. Like, he's a "Great" () footballer, skilful, pacey, has a good shot on him, donates time and money to charity. But, there's something about him that just erks me. I can't figure out whether it's his arrogance or what, but I just don't really like him. (i'm sure he has many sleepless nights wondering why people dislike him...).
    Yeah I agree with you..
    I hear of all the alleged good things he does, but there is just something about him.. Particularly when he scores and pushes his teammates away, gives the old "yep, it was me", "look what I did" sort of moves..
    But yeah, I am sure he has sleepless nights, but that would mainly be because of how insanely hot his mrs Irina Shayk is.. (If I had a woman like that, I wouldn't be getting any sleep and would think I was pretty amazing too.. hahaha - I would post pictures, but don't have the guts to do it from my work comp)

somebody brought up C Ronaldo and why he is so widely disliked
    Wot?

Bloke is one of the most popular footballers in the world. Usually its jealous ex-players as pundits who dont like him. Id say the general public think hes quite a bit good. Sounds like you're one of those blokes who hates Nickleback yet owns at least 2 of their albums.

Zlatan and Ronaldo say pretty much the same stuff, Zlatan is seen as funny, Ronaldo as arrogant.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Particularly when he scores and pushes his teammates away, gives the old "yep, it was me", "look what I did" sort of moves..
    like Tim 'Super good bloke caaarrrnnn Aussie' Cahill does?
    Seems like I am WRONG

like Tim 'Super good bloke caaarrrnnn Aussie' Cahill does?
    I guess.. You could be there for a million years naming players that do it..
    I was just agreeing that there is something extremeley arrogant, conceited, and petulant about the bloke..
    In reality, I think I'm just jealous.. haha

there is something extremeley arrogant, conceited, and petulant about the bloke..
    These are the things we should love about him (and everyone else on that level).
    I want to see people who are at the very top of their professions have no shame in saying they think they are good, at least they are being honest.
    99% of the worlds footballing population could be good enough to make the top level but we choose not to do the work required.
    Seems like I am WRONG

These are the things we should love about him (and everyone else on that level).
    I want to see people who are at the very top of their professions have no shame in saying they think they are good, at least they are being honest.
    99% of the worlds footballing population could be good enough to make the top level but we choose not to do the work required.
    I understand what you mean, but to me those sorts of attributes are everything that are wrong with the world (but thats just me)..
    You can still be great without such overwhelming narcissism and arrogance..
    I'm trying to think of a time where Messi has acted in such a way?

Anyway, this is the UCL thread, and hes not in it anymore.. hahaha

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Agree.
    Wot?

Bloke is one of the most popular footballers in the world. Usually its jealous ex-players as pundits who dont like him. Id say the general public think hes quite a bit good. Sounds like you're one of those blokes who hates Nickleback yet owns at least 2 of their albums.

Zlatan and Ronaldo say pretty much the same stuff, Zlatan is seen as funny, Ronaldo as arrogant.
    It's because Ronaldo used to play for Man Utd and now he plays for Real Madrid. Probably the two most hated clubs on the planet. He also used to dive a lot as a kid and he's never really lived that down in many quarters.

I can totally understand the hate. He can be petulant and arrogant on the field and clearly plays for himself rather than the team at times. On the other hand there is way more to admire about the player and the man himself. He is genuinely at the peak of sport and that's because he has worked incredibly hard to get there. No one in world football works as hard as this guy does and he is reaping the rewards of that. Off the field he's supposed to be a really popular guy in the dressing room and he always presents himself impeccably in interviews and the like.

Then you have Messi who is universally loved because he plays for Barca and has a reputation for being "humble". Because of this, people tend to overlook his bad sportsmanship and petulance - which is rampant throughout that Barca side.

The thing I find hard to take is when you have pundits and journalists who spew the same shit you'd hear from your average fan down the street when it comes to these two. I think a lot of people have been brainwashed into thinking a certain way about Ronaldo and Messi respectively.

For me, they're two different players but I'd take Ronaldo any day of the week. We are lucky to live in a time where we can see both of these guys play because one day they'll go down as all time greats.
    Last edited by parksey; 02-05-2014 at 05:10 PM. Reason: journo editing kicking in
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week