Page 91 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 2002

Thread: 2014 National Premier League

Banned
    THE Jets youth team will not contest next season's Northern NSW National Premier League finals, which have been cut to four teams with a new home-and-away format.

The Jets remain eligible for the premiership, which they won this season, but will then switch focus to preparing for the national youth league.

Five teams have competed in the post-season since the Jets Youth joined the top-flight Northern NSW competition three years ago.

Next year the top four, minus the Jets, will qualify for a home-and-away series.

First will play fourth and second will meet third. The winners over two legs will meet in a one-off grand final.

The same format was in operation in 2011 when Broadmeadow Magic (minor premiers) beat South Cardiff (third) in the decider.

The change, which applies only to first grade, followed talks with the Jets and was signed off by clubs last week.

The main reason for the change was the proximity of the NPL grand final, in mid-September, to the October start of the National Youth League.

"We do an evaluation after every season, and it was one of the things that came out of it," Northern NSW chief executive David Eland said.

"I subsequently spoke to [Jets youth coach] James Pascoe and [Jets chief executive] Robbie Middleby.

"With so many young players in the Jets youth team playing 12 months around, especially when a number start to participate in A-League training, it is hard to juggle the workload.

"They absolutely remain 100 per cent committed to the competition and were more than willing to play in the final series. But, if we were agreeable, they would appreciate the opportunity to shift their focus to the National Youth League."

The Jets finished two points clear at the top of the table this year before going down to eventual champions Lambton 4-3 in the preliminary final.

They missed the playoffs last season but in 2012 finished second and were knocked out in straight finals games.

"I first floated the idea three years ago," Pascoe said.

"In an ideal world we would be able to complete both seasons with ample time for a break and a cycle of pre-season. We have new players come in for the NYL and this season we had two weeks to prepare.

"I think the move also respects the clubs. I have been a coach at a club and understand the importance of playing in the finals.

"This still allows us to play 18 games for development purposes.

"It also gives us certainty on a finishing date and allows us to plan a proper pre-season."

The Jets drew 3-3 with Melbourne Victory in the opening round of the NYL after leading 3-1 at half-time.

"I think that was due to our conditioning," Pascoe said.

The Jets had a bye in round two and played Adamstown Rosebud in a trial game on Saturday, winning 7-4.

Jets foundation A-League striker Guy Bates scored for the Buds.

quite funny how it states that the clubs signed of on it when there was absolutely no consultation whatsoever, the only consultation was with the jets, personally I am a little over the constant changes in our competition which mostly concern the jets, it now appears our competition is run to suit certain people

Didn't the NPL Standing committee chairman contact your club about the changes? lol

The parachutes on the ejector seats attached to those jets would be getting a bit old now

Jets have to be flying first... but a 7-4 win against Adamstown seems a good start... I think the ejector seats were all used up when the Cullina's left.

Funny how the complaint used to be -the season is too short.- Now the complaint is that their are too many games, they want to concentrate on their national youth comp. etc etc.

Good point that, it would have been negligent to have any left over, I'd have taken the parachutes off them first . There must be some record we could have challenged just to have some fun, the fall wouldn't have made the younger any less mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    Funny how the complaint used to be -the season is too short.- Now the complaint is that their are too many games, they want to concentrate on their national youth comp. etc etc.
    Lets look over a 12 month period to see a clearer picture. 13/14 NYL season started mid Oct 13 last game 1/2 March 14 given a 1-2 week break, NBN first comp game started 4th April so back training 2 weeks before comp starts with training back to 2-3 nights a week. I think there were 1 or 2 trial matches with local clubs in the 2 weeks before start of comp. If they made it to grand final 14th Sept they would have had a weeks break before starting back training 5 days a week in prep for NYL which commenced mid Oct. They ended up having a 2 week break by being knocked out in the final so a total 3-4 weeks break over 12 months. The only exception is senior contracted players with their agreement must have a 6 weeks continuous break. Which this year was Solari and next year will include Lundy. The intensity and work loads are increased significantly over the NYL season, to be fair these (kids) players need a rest at some point, to allow their bodies to recover. Huge, huge commitment and sacrifice and definitely not for money but the love of the game, hoping one day to be professional footballers. The reality of it very few will make it but they are having a go so hats off to them.
    Last edited by Fairgo; 28-10-2014 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    quite funny how it states that the clubs signed of on it when there was absolutely no consultation whatsoever, the only consultation was with the jets, personally I am a little over the constant changes in our competition which mostly concern the jets, it now appears our competition is run to suit certain people
    I hate to say it but ForeverRed is spot on here.
    Both NNSWF and the Jets are treating this comp as a joke and in turn are showing no respect to the many volunteers, club supporters, coaches and players that participate in the NNSWNPL.
    I can just hear MFKS pushing the Jets point down our throats and at the same time knocking every local club he can but the truth is that NNSWF have to start to show the local more respect.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    I hate to say it but ForeverRed is spot on here.
    Both NNSWF and the Jets are treating this comp as a joke and in turn are showing no respect to the many volunteers, club supporters, coaches and players that participate in the NNSWNPL.
    I can just hear MFKS pushing the Jets point down our throats and at the same time knocking every local club he can but the truth is that NNSWF have to start to show the local more respect.
    Why would I need to?? Most of these issues are mandated by the FFA and not NNSW

From what I am hearing the Jets will be ****ing off to the NSWPL in 2016 along with the CCM Smurfs and Wanderers joining it.

Currently the Victorian NPL are about to take Heart/Victree into their set up

I have also heard the whole thing is gonna happen so they can kill off the NYL. Issue with the NYL is the costs involved taking kids interstate 9 times a year and the FFA are seeing the Yoof teams of HAL clubs in the NPL instead as a better alternative

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Why would I need to?? Most of these issues are mandated by the FFA and not NNSW

From what I am hearing the Jets will be ****ing off to the NSWPL in 2016 along with the CCM Smurfs and Wanderers joining it.

Currently the Victorian NPL are about to take Heart/Victree into their set up

I have also heard the whole thing is gonna happen so they can kill off the NYL. Issue with the NYL is the costs involved taking kids interstate 9 times a year and the FFA are seeing the Yoof teams of HAL clubs in the NPL instead as a better alternative
    what does this mean for promotion / relegation next season??

Is that why we have 11 teams in NEWFM so one jumps straight into the Jets spot in NPL when they pull the plug, leaving both comps at 10 teams?

Banned
    ****ed if I know what Northern are doing. Ask FR he is much closer to what is going on there than he lets on

Just the rumours doing the traps.

Am also getting this tip from people outside of the Newy area that the NYL will be dead soon enough as it is what they have heard in relation to HAL Clubs integrating into their local respective NPL comps as the rest of the HAL clubs do what Glory Jets and Gypos have already done with running junior sides in their NPLs

Quote Originally Posted by Leftback at Home View Post
    Is that why we have 11 teams in NEWFM so one jumps straight into the Jets spot in NPL when they pull the plug, leaving both comps at 10 teams?
    That would be my line of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairgo View Post
    You may like to check your facts before stating facts that are untrue. Check with your clubs representative who voted on this along with other Standing Committee delegates.
    incorrect
    Last edited by furns; 07-11-2014 at 02:19 AM.

no voting as three clubs, edgeworth, olympic & one other failed to nominate their standing committee members

no voting as three clubs, edgeworth, olympic & one other failed to nominate their standing committee members
    The members of the Exchange Hotel Pact to try to oust David Elland a few years back... get on with the game, you lost.

what ???

what ???
    Meetings of the now former NNSWF board and certain clubs to ensure David Elland would not be reinstated after his sacking.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Meetings of the now former NNSWF board and certain clubs to ensure David Elland would not be reinstated after his sacking.
    News to me