Page 11 of 101 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 National Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Also, I missed this argumentative thread
    Still 4 weeks till competition kicks off, people are getting restless!

Banned
    http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...599-source.pdf

From the FFA detailing the costs and time required for the various coaches.

The cost to me really shouldn't be an issue. When Clubs can afford to "PAY" blokes to play then the least they can do is kick in the 2-3k required to make sure their coach is qualified. After all the club sees success by on field wins trophies and you would be selling your club short by not making sure your coaches are as knowledgeable and intelligent in the game as they could be

Matter of fact clubs would be looking after their best interest by actually getting as many of their Yoof/kiddies age coaches as qualified as they can. Couple of years time and the pool would be getting greater and greater and the knowledge would be getting greater and greater

I was told with the youth licence that when assessed make sure you coach to the 4-3-3 curriculum and others who have done the senior told me the same thing. Bit of a worry blokes from Northern coming on here stating that they are going to "WEED" out coaches who dont have a sheep like mentality.....Question, if so many NBN coaches failed,(many who have played and coached for many years) after several weekends at courses why arent the guys who ran the course being scrutinised on their teaching abilities or did they have an agenda. As ive said I totally agree that coaches need to improve and be accredited but I think in many ways we're putting off coaches who we should be embracing
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by Paolo View Post
    Finally the issue around cost is interesting. Nearly everyone will agree that the prices of coaching courses and player registrations are too high. However the information put forward by the Herald and commented on by Tanchevski and Chapman is again incorrect.

The cost of the C Licence that the Senior NPL coaches attended was just over $1200, but each club contributed $500 and NNSW contributed $500 for each coach to attend. So that leaves around $200-$300 for each coach to contribute himself. This is a fantastic initiative in my opinion.

In terms of Tanchevski and Chapman who are amongst the highest paid coaches in the NPL, I doubt that $200-$300 out of there $8000 odd pay packets is excessive!.
    How do you know what Tanch or Chap are being paid??? Are you on the committee of both these clubs? Have both coaches told you what what they are being paid? One should be careful throwing figures around especially when we can only assume you are not Tanch or Chappy!

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    I was told with the youth licence that when assessed make sure you coach to the 4-3-3 curriculum and others who have done the senior told me the same thing. Bit of a worry blokes from Northern coming on here stating that they are going to "WEED" out coaches who dont have a sheep like mentality.....Question, if so many NBN coaches failed,(many who have played and coached for many years) after several weekends at courses why arent the guys who ran the course being scrutinised on their teaching abilities or did they have an agenda. As ive said I totally agree that coaches need to improve and be accredited but I think in many ways we're putting off coaches who we should be embracing
    Don't know where your facts of so many nbn coaches failed comes from seldom. 6 NBN coaches did the course, Bolch from Olympic = Pass,Pryce from Azzurru = Pass ,Asquith from Southy = Pass, Rowe from Lakes = Pass, Chapman from Magic = Fail,Tanchevski from Jaffas = Fail. So that's a 66% pass rate, hardly see how this equals so many nbn coaches failing ?

Can somebody explain the difference between course not yet completed and failed 3 times? Im not sure who propagated the idea that people had failed and more to the point that Chappy and Tanch had failed 3 times each? Do people know this as fact or are we just bullshitting to validate our own arguments?

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    Don't know where your facts of so many nbn coaches failed comes from seldom. 6 NBN coaches did the course, Bolch from Olympic = Pass,Pryce from Azzurru = Pass ,Asquith from Southy = Pass, Rowe from Lakes = Pass, Chapman from Magic = Fail,Tanchevski from Jaffas = Fail. So that's a 66% pass rate, hardly see how this equals so many nbn coaches failing ?
    In fairness it was not Seldom who originally stated this on this forum, i can't find who did but i recall reading it. Im not sure who the 2 coaches who failed three times are but maybe the person who made the statement can clarify who exactly failed...

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    Oh ok maybe I was miss informed,maybe the majority werent NBN coaches. But in all honesty if Im running a course and only 66% of the elite coaches pass maybe I need to look at my coaching methods
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Banned
    Though failure to me is a good thing. Rather have a system where people fail rather than the modern day thing where everyone gets a certificate at the end of the course.

To my way of thinking it is better that people fail this to challenge all participants to learn and develop a better understanding of the game rather than just hand out so many certificates at the end and have a bunch of halfwits with accreditation who have learned SFA

Remember doing the recertification for my Senior First Aid when it expired. Not overtly hard just the basics of applying band aids stopping bleeding and CPR and all that.

Had a practical on CPR to do. As the mob running it had only so many mannequins we had to take it in batches to do the CPR assessment. Knocked mine off first and then had to wait for the rest to finish.

One lady who was doing it as a requirement of her employment had NFI. The instructor had to give her prompts every time for the next thing to do. After we had sat there all day going through it and she had apparently done it before it was amazing how little of it she knew. They even gave her a certificate at the end.

If you keeled over in front of her and needed her assistance your family may as well start looking into burial plots/cremation and which provides better value

Quote Originally Posted by terryk View Post
    How do you know what Tanch or Chap are being paid??? Are you on the committee of both these clubs? Have both coaches told you what what they are being paid? One should be careful throwing figures around especially when we can only assume you are not Tanch or Chappy!
    Not wishing to get in a slanging match, but you are having a laugh when suggesting that coaches are not being paid?

Newcastle is a very small community, information travels very quickly. I am not associated with either club but am very confident in saying that both Tanchevski and Chapman along with all other NPL coaches are paid considerably more than the C Licence and B Licence course fees!

I was simply trying to dispel some myths around the C Licence which have been presented in the Herald and then supported by coaches who know better.

These coaches are paid well and received financial support from clubs and NNSW for the course fee. Yet this was not mentioned in the article and combined with innacurate course costs.

MFKS has posted the accurate course fees and as you can see the $500 from both the club and NNSW pretty much covers the C Licence cost!

Make your own judgment, but it's interesting to note that the coaches who have struggled to complete the course are the ones complaining.

Oh ok maybe I was miss informed,maybe the majority werent NBN coaches. But in all honesty if Im running a course and only 66% of the elite coaches pass maybe I need to look at my coaching methods
    Pretty small sample, only six. Can't draw any conclusions from this.

Can you boys start a new thread to talk about the cost of coaching courses etc?

Are there NPL trial games this week or at the weekend with watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Moley View Post
    Can you boys start a new thread to talk about the cost of coaching courses etc?

Are there NPL trial games this week or at the weekend with watching?
    Concur!

Buds vs Magic! Magic! at A'Town on Saturday, three grades with 1sts KO at 1.30pm

Gunners v Guildford ,in Sydney on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...599-source.pdf

From the FFA detailing the costs and time required for the various coaches.

The cost to me really shouldn't be an issue. When Clubs can afford to "PAY" blokes to play then the least they can do is kick in the 2-3k required to make sure their coach is qualified. After all the club sees success by on field wins trophies and you would be selling your club short by not making sure your coaches are as knowledgeable and intelligent in the game as they could be

Matter of fact clubs would be looking after their best interest by actually getting as many of their Yoof/kiddies age coaches as qualified as they can. Couple of years time and the pool would be getting greater and greater and the knowledge would be getting greater and greater
    I think you will find the clubs don't have an issue paying the fee, Its that the coaches have ongoing pressure to spend some time with their families rather than all at the football ground. I know 2 of the NBN coaches had to miss out or reschedule a family holiday that was already booked for time of with their work before they had to do the C licence.
    For a lot of coaches they will not miss matches in the season and go on a family holiday at the end of the season. Now they have to commit to a C licence at the end of last season which is another 6 weekends on top of their already long season.

What will happen is we will end up with young 18-20yr old inexperienced coaches who have no idea about the game, but all the time in the world because they don't have families, doing their C & B licence.
    Now because the better and more experienced coaches don't have the time to commit will stop coaching, and these young guys who could never play the game will start coaching.
    Now I can tell you that I would rather one of the top 3 coaches from last year coach my club, than an 18 yr old inexperienced guy that holds a ticket saying B licence.

How can you expect coaches to take 2 weeks annual leave from their work and do a B licence rather than a family holiday, when they are not full time or even part time employed coaches?

Just my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by terryk View Post
    Can somebody explain the difference between course not yet completed and failed 3 times? Im not sure who propagated the idea that people had failed and more to the point that Chappy and Tanch had failed 3 times each? Do people know this as fact or are we just bullshitting to validate our own arguments?
    From the horses mouth, Chappy has failed once along with 18 other people.
    Tanch hasn't failed, but has not yet completed a module as he went away on family holiday and missed last weekend.

To me though with such a high fail rate, is ithe applicants or is it the way the course is presented.

If I went to a course even I knew nothing about, and I was expected to pass at the end of it if 18 out of 20 failed I would say that the course presenter was crap, or the course was not presented properly?

Azzuri vs Weston, Sat March 8, 3 grades with 1sts at 3pm

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Tanch hasn't failed, but has not yet completed a module as he went away on family holiday and missed last weekend.

To me though with such a high fail rate, is ithe applicants or is it the way the course is presented.

If I went to a course even I knew nothing about, and I was expected to pass at the end of it if 18 out of 20 failed I would say that the course presenter was crap, or the course was not presented properly?

To me the know it alls that have been coaching for ages and think they know everything and now are made to do the course should be able to do it with their eyes closed if they are so smart

Most of the stuff in it they should already know if the years of experience of playing coaching and watching the game are enough to qualify blokes to coach teams at this level under the former standards.

Just curious as to who the presenters were for the C license?

What will happen is we will end up with young 18-20yr old inexperienced coaches who have no idea about the game, but all the time in the world because they don't have families, doing their C & B licence.
    Now because the better and more experienced coaches don't have the time to commit will stop coaching, and these young guys who could never play the game will start coaching.
    Don't worry mate, by the sounds of it they aren't handing out licences just cause a person turned up, so if they truly have no idea about the game they won't get the accreditation....