Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 National Premier League

Are the games being played at Magic?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    We had 2 hours to organise a photo shoot, those that could make it were present

foreshore park, nobbys

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    Forever are you involved with the men of football. If so why we're magic in the herald article about the Asia cup 5 a side?
    Magic as custodians of Wanderers Oval, and NCC as custodians or No2 Sportsground and both are hosting a nation each during the Asian Cup, why wouldnt they be in an article regarding the Asian Cup?

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Magic as custodians of Wanderers Oval, and NCC as custodians or No2 Sportsground and both are hosting a nation each during the Asian Cup, why wouldnt they be in an article regarding the Asian Cup?
    Sorry to burst your bubble but No2 & Wanderers oval will not be hosting any nations during the Asian Cup.

http://m.footballaustralia.com.au/ne...up-party/79143
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble but No2 & Wanderers oval will not be hosting any nations during the Asian Cup.

http://m.footballaustralia.com.au/ne...up-party/79143
    If u actually read the article you pasted the link to it refers to pre-competition training camps... Some nations may be arriving 2 months earlier than the early January start of the competition to 'acclimatise'...Wanderers and No2 will be in lockdown from December to February, to be a training base 'during competition'. No bubbles to burst, the blades of progress keep spinning at Wanderers Oval.

My apologies, I thought it was odd that there wasn't any grounds in Newcastle on the short list. That would explain it
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Banned
    If u actually read the article you pasted the link to it refers to pre-competition training camps... Some nations may be arriving 2 months earlier than the early January start of the competition to 'acclimatise'...Wanderers and No2 will be in lockdown from December to February, to be a training base 'during competition'. No bubbles to burst, the blades of progress keep spinning at Wanderers Oval.
    So is the Chicken Coop being used for this tourny???

Nothing to do with it, the festival of football is being run by MOF, I was given 2 hours to organise as many involved as possible, magic are there because they are members of the state league and were able to commit to the photo shoot, unfortunately other clubs who were contacted, and not all were contacted, could not make the shoot due to the late notice, which also included myself. We all have jobs and do the best we can

Wanderers rugby club, tuck shop, no 2 sports ground, special Olympics ,

What coup for football. Give the profits to Rugby Union... No.2 should will never be a football venue so therefore we need to ensure it is no longer utilised for any football. What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by terryk View Post
    What coup for football. Give the profits to Rugby Union... No.2 should will never be a football venue so therefore we need to ensure it is no longer utilised for any football. What a joke.
    Unless I am mistaken, if no football clubs were proactive enough to build a case for either version of the Special Olympics football to be played at their fields don't blame anyone else except the committee's of your own clubs.

Why wouldn't the organising committee take the best available venue? NCC are a major partner in the games and it is their venue. These games host players from all over Asia and you'd prefer then to be playing where???? Darling Street? Adamstown Oval? Weston?

Put nothing into the event why would local football be entitled to receive anything back?

Were our football clubs asked to put a case? How will we have the best venues when we are overlooked for such events and the funding they bring? You are right, NCC are a major partner but they have more than one venue. They would happily play at these grounds if council upgraded them. Our codes participation is enough to warrant something back from the event. We should be placing adequate pressure on council to look after our code and stop spending so much time, effort, and monies on other codes.

Quote Originally Posted by curious_fan View Post
    Unless I am mistaken, if no football clubs were proactive enough to build a case for either version of the Special Olympics football to be played at their fields don't blame anyone else except the committee's of your own clubs.

Why wouldn't the organising committee take the best available venue? NCC are a major partner in the games and it is their venue. These games host players from all over Asia and you'd prefer then to be playing where???? Darling Street? Adamstown Oval? Weston?

Put nothing into the event why would local football be entitled to receive anything back?

Were our football clubs asked to put a case? How will we have the best venues when we are overlooked for such events and the funding they bring? You are right, NCC are a major partner but they have more than one venue. They would happily play at these grounds if council upgraded them. Our codes participation is enough to warrant something back from the event. We should be placing adequate pressure on council to look after our code and stop spending so much time, effort, and monies on other codes.
    What are our 'code' doing to assist the football players involved in the Special Olympics? Do we simply expect a handout because they play our sport in this competition?

Yes i do... I ask you what have the other codes done to assist the football players involved in the Special Olympics???

Quote Originally Posted by EH9 View Post
    What are our 'code' doing to assist the football players involved in the Special Olympics? Do we simply expect a handout because they play our sport in this competition?

So, what are people's thoughts on the draw? I'm surprised at the number of Friday and night games.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Yes i do... I ask you what have the other codes done to assist the football players involved in the Special Olympics???
    I don't know, or care, what the other codes are doing to assist. This is about the Special Olympians and providing them with a good facility to play and good surroundings for the supporters and family. Why you feel that the local clubs are entitled to anything from this experience is beyond me. How many clubs are actively involved or have been actively involved with assisting the athletes? Do you know anything about the players in the team?

... This is about the Special Olympians and providing them with a good facility to play and good surroundings for the supporters and family.
    The decisions were based by the Organising Committee on what their major partners could offer. On of Newcastle premier class facilities next door to another field being used for the games (No 1 - Cricket) plus space directly outside for 5 A Side and walking distance from their logistical and organising base Panthers.

Free transport between games site is offered to the public as well as free entry to all sporting events. So having venues in close proximity is always an advantage.

This is the Special Olympics, run for those athletes not the local sports codes. Instead of finding fault how about finding time to attend.

Blah blah blah, blah blah blah... And meanwhile our code loses out again. We don't need detractors from the other codes because we do a good job of slitting our own throats. While you two are wrapped up in this and have that warm fuzzy feeling, we are being left behind yet again. To care about our code is to care about our local teams and their interests including quality venues.

I don't know, or care, what the other codes are doing to assist. This is about the Special Olympians and providing them with a good facility to play and good surroundings for the supporters and family. Why you feel that the local clubs are entitled to anything from this experience is beyond me. How many clubs are actively involved or have been actively involved with assisting the athletes? Do you know anything about the players in the team?
    Quote Originally Posted by curious_fan View Post
    The decisions were based by the Organising Committee on what their major partners could offer. On of Newcastle premier class facilities next door to another field being used for the games (No 1 - Cricket) plus space directly outside for 5 A Side and walking distance from their logistical and organising base Panthers.

Free transport between games site is offered to the public as well as free entry to all sporting events. So having venues in close proximity is always an advantage.

This is the Special Olympics, run for those athletes not the local sports codes. Instead of finding fault how about finding time to attend.

If you want to know why you are missing out perhaps you should look at adjusting that pathetic whoa is me attitude. I can't believe the self absorbed attitude of some of the people on this forum. Stop lamenting your lost tuck shop money and go out and support what is a great sporting event played by people simply for the joy of the game and not this backroom political dribble that seems to be so popular amongst the high & mighty elite that roam this forum. Some things in life are bigger then local club football and I suggest that some of you get out there and experience it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftback at Home View Post
    If you want to know why you are missing out perhaps you should look at adjusting that pathetic whoa is me attitude. I can't believe the self absorbed attitude of some of the people on this forum. Stop lamenting your lost tuck shop money and go out and support what is a great sporting event played by people simply for the joy of the game and not this backroom political dribble that seems to be so popular amongst the high & mighty elite that roam this forum. Some things in life are bigger then local club football and I suggest that some of you get out there and experience it.
    Maybe the other issue is here is that TerryK is right to question the local game.

Far too many involved have their heads that far up their own arses and feel they are immune to any form of criticism.