Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We actually won a game

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

We actually won a game

For those who missed it, this was pretty much the greatest thing that happened while the foz was down. Thank Gary for creating this:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffer on FFT Forums after Adelaide's loss
    First of all, congrats to the Newcastle JEts football club. Fully deserved the win, even though I honestly thought we were going to steal a late draw. You guys, put simply, played much better against us than either ccm or WSW.

This was our worst game of the year by far, although we looked a lot better with Cassio and Bruce on and we went direct. At least it shows we have a plan b, albeit after plan A failed horrendously.

Now, as for the red card. What a horrendous decision. Absolutely atrocious. Any AFL fans on here will know the feeling having seen the powers that be try and effectively ban the bump this season. It's amazing how soft the game has become since I first started watching, which was only back in 2002 for goodness sakes! It is symbolic of a wider malaise in Australian society. We are simply becoming too soft, to the point of serious concern. See the hysteria about smoking. Anything that can result in injury is slowly being outlawed from sports (eg the afl "slide rule"). I go into a clothes shop, there's nothing for me to wear. Pink short shorts and skinny jeans ffs. I don't care for coffee myself, but if you legitimately like it, fair enough. But the overwhelming pretentiousness that surrounds coffee/cafes is sickening. Absolutely sickening. You think you're better than everyone else cause you drink a frapa-massimo murdochocino? Go **** yourself. I know grown men who are scared to eat out for fear of eating carbs. CARBS?? CARBS????? Jesus **** christ, Grow a pair for ***** sake. I swear to God this country cares more about other people smoking and eating unhealthy food than about climate change.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

I had forgotten what it feels like

I still don't know what it feels like. Haven't watched a minute of the last 2 matches

But that koffee kulcha, farken sickening ffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

That poster just got angrier and angrier!! funny stuff.

reasons for win

hoole/newy boy

jaliens

zads
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Jaffer = hates the feminised male. Effects from that mysandrist gillard.

and we won despite gve

Neville is playing alright, hey.

And the reintroduction of Kanta has changed our game. We no longer need the two screeners with him in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Neville is playing alright, hey.

And the reintroduction of Kanta has changed our game. We no longer need the two screeners with him in place.
    Yeah, Neville is killing it. There will be some here who will hugely disagree, but I put Neville's form down to a lack of Virgili in front of him.

we don't use two screeners now - we use three

I've been hugely impressed with our entire back 5 (inc Biraz) except for Gallaway. Gallaway seems to have fun just turning the ball over when going forward (and under GVE's gameplan, he's going forward a fair bit), and before Adelaide I would have said he's defensively OK but he was made to look like a fool for their goal. GVE needs to stop killing Goodwin's career, dump Gallaway & put Goodwin at LB.

Chapman has been absolutely amazing. So has Jaliens. Best CB partnership since Ljubo was around IMO.

Brillante looks good but gets himself into trouble a bit too often. Zads is just running rampant - love the kid.

Kanta looks slooooooooooooooooooow. As in, slower than he used to be. IMO his "Bayern career" and all that is officially over.

I still like Burns. When he gets someone to pass it to, he'll be terrific.

Loving Taggart too.

Hoole had a blinder v Adelaide. Kutgw champ
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Yeah, Neville is killing it. There will be some here who will hugely disagree, but I put Neville's form down to a lack of Virgili in front of him.

I've been hugely impressed with our entire back 5 (inc Biraz) except for Gallaway. Gallaway seems to have fun just turning the ball over when going forward (and under GVE's gameplan, he's going forward a fair bit), and before Adelaide I would have said he's defensively OK but he was made to look like a fool for their goal. GVE needs to stop killing Goodwin's career, dump Gallaway & put Goodwin at LB.

Chapman has been absolutely amazing. So has Jaliens. Best CB partnership since Ljubo was around IMO.

Brillante looks good but gets himself into trouble a bit too often. Zads is just running rampant - love the kid.

Kanta looks slooooooooooooooooooow. As in, slower than he used to be. IMO his "Bayern career" and all that is officially over.

Loving Taggart too.

I agree re Gallaway and Goodwin. I honestly see Goodwin leaving this year not because we don't want to resign him but because he doesn't want to be here. It can all change though - new coach, starts to get some form, etc. I wonder what he is like in training.

While Hoole has been playing well he needs to sharpen up his attitude. There was something I noticed in the Gypos game. Taggz and Hoole were having a full on verbal after Hoole didn't pass to an open Taggz and shot wildly instead. The gypos then went down Hoole's side and forced Zads wide to cover Hoole who was still having a go at Taggz. Zads pretty much gave him a clip 'round the ears and told him to pull his head in, but he continued to stroll back. Great leadership from Zads, but the attitude concerned me.

Loving Taggart too.

Disagree with you there PV4.
    Chapman is 90% involved with all our goals conceded. he cant head a ball for shit(even with the roundest head in the comp)
    his errors have cost those goals.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    Chapman is 90% involved with all our goals conceded. he cant head a ball for shit(even with the roundest head in the comp)
    Absolute nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    So out of the 5 goals we've conceded, you're saying Chapman has been involved with 4.5 of them.

Goal 1 v Sydney - Chapman defends ADP so well, holds up one of the best players the world has seen. Caravella crash tackles him, ADP scores. Chapman was involved, but blame-worthy?

Goal 2 v Sydney - Caravella turns over possession, Gallaway is caught way out of position. Chapman?

Goal 1 v CCM - fair. He went to head it and it hit his arm.

Goal 2 v CCM - when exactly was Chapman involved at all?

Goal 1 v Adelaide - We get caught out with losing possession, right back nowhere to be seen. Chapman does as well at defending as any other defender in the comp would have. Gallaway caught out on the back post for a header.

So out of our 5 goals, I say Chapman was involved in 3. And blameworthy for 1 - with only 1 being "his error".

Also FWIW - Biraz has been involved with 100% of them, yet I still think he's been fantastic this season.
    OK

So out of the 5 goals we've conceded, you're saying Chapman has been involved with 4.5 of them.

Goal 1 v Sydney - Chapman defends ADP so well, holds up one of the best players the world has seen. Caravella crash tackles him, ADP scores. Chapman was involved, but blame-worthy?

Goal 2 v Sydney - Caravella turns over possession, Gallaway is caught way out of position. Chapman?

Goal 1 v Adelaide - We get caught out with losing possession, right back nowhere to be seen. Chapman does as well at defending as any other defender in the comp would have. Gallaway caught out on the back post for a header.

So out of our 5 goals, I say Chapman was involved in 3. And blameworthy for 1 - with only 1 being "his error".

Also FWIW - Biraz has been involved with 100% of them, yet I still think he's been fantastic this season.
    You cloud the issue with facts, man
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Excellent analysis, though you failed to mention the net. It too has been involved in all 5 goals, each time it only made contact with the ball after crossing the line. If it were able to remain focussed and get to the ball earlier there'd be no problem.

wasn't a fan of chapman last year but since Sydney away i think he has been one of our best

just needs to back himself a bit more, beat a player if he has to it seems when he trys to run forward his first option is to pass and if he has a player coming directly towards him he seems to want to turn and play back.

on neville still not convinced, had an awesome game v perth, but i still haven't seen him deliver a decent cross since tamworth against a half strength gypo team and in Napier and the weekend he had plenty of opportunities to cross.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

kantarovski should start every game inshallah

he is brutal these days, so much better than caravella, lets zads do his thing so you can stroke yer stiffy

For me, there have been three standouts.. Jaliens, Neville and Hoole.

Jaliens - Just love the bloke at the back. Reads the game so well, calm and collected.. Love his runs forward too, even if he rarely gets the ball given back to him, still exciting to see..
    Neville - Who would have thought that the kid could turn it around so much? Last year he had more AIDS than Africa, now, he is on fire.. Good on him, proving a lot of people wrong..
    Hoole - Newy boy, just all round impressive. Scores me a fortune in fantasy points too!!

As someone else said, I can't help but feel sorry for Goody on the sidelines..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    For me, there have been three standouts.. Jaliens, Neville and Hoole.

Jaliens - Just love the bloke at the back. Reads the game so well, calm and collected.. Love his runs forward too, even if he rarely gets the ball given back to him, still exciting to see..
    Neville - Who would have thought that the kid could turn it around so much? Last year he had more AIDS than Africa, now, he is on fire.. Good on him, proving a lot of people wrong..
    Hoole - Newy boy, just all round impressive. Scores me a fortune in fantasy points too!!

As someone else said, I can't help but feel sorry for Goody on the sidelines..
    Thanks Bon, saved me a post because I 100% agree

but then I posted this anyway, so um yeah

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    apparently Chapman had been taking dihydrogen monoxide before the game as well

just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    apparently Chapman had been taking dihydrogen monoxide before the game as well

just saying...
    Say it aint so boz, the last thing we need is another newy sportsman heading down the dark path of drug addiction.

Please everyone raise awareness of this terrible chemical - www.dhmo.org