Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: why is there no taggz thread?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Even after the jets FB page explained WHY earlier in the week??
    Yep

**** we have some dumb ****s who support this club

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

Turns up for Official Club Media Work attired like this

Griffesque
    Quoted again for :brrrrrrrrr:ness

Taggz My man!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Why didn't he shave the head, just out of curiosity. I didn't see the explanation.

I thought he was brilliant tonight. Was a bit isolated after the big man went off and maybe he is a bit too selfish - but in all honesty, we don't have anyone else who knows how to find the net so I can't blame him. I haven't seen that much hunger and desire from a Jets player since Griffo v1.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Why didn't he shave the head, just out of curiosity. I didn't see the explanation.

I thought he was brilliant tonight. Was a bit isolated after the big man went off and maybe he is a bit too selfish - but in all honesty, we don't have anyone else who knows how to find the net so I can't blame him. I haven't seen that much hunger and desire from a Jets player since Griffo v1.
    He has a 3rd party sponsorship deal that has a change of appearance clause meaning he can't shave it off.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post

I really don't see what the issue is??

Bloke shaves head and is given plenty of praise for looking like a Romper Stomper Extra

Bloke keeps hair but gives cash donation to cause and bloke treated as if he has molested kittens

Who ****ing cares if he kept his hair he coughed up cash whats the ****ing big deal??

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    He has a 3rd party sponsorship deal that has a change of appearance clause meaning he can't shave it off.
    Yep, and he has supposedly made a "hefty" donation to make up for it.

Don't see what all the fuss is about anyway, sheesh. Oxborrow didn't shave his head either, somebody alert the Stasi asap.

Edit: Argh, The Member beat me to it. I swear.
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

^^^
    Yeah I agree with you guys. I know a bloke who said Taggz should have been dropped for not getting his head shaved like the rest of the team...WTF! The mentality of people in this region astounds me at times!!!

Bloke shaves head and is given plenty of praise for looking like a Romper Stomper Extra

Bloke keeps hair but gives cash donation to cause and bloke treated as if he has molested kittens

Who ****ing cares if he kept his hair he coughed up cash whats the ****ing big deal??
    Is there ever a time when you aren't an angry ant? To begin with I didn't actually care one bit, I figured it was Taggz choice. But when someone said there was actually a valid reason why he couldn't shave it, I was just curious about what it could have been. I've since found out why. For once, can you try and stay calm and just answer a simple question?

tbf, I took the angry part of his post more being aimed at the idiots on facebook and stopper's mate, not you halo.

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    tbf, I took the angry part of his post more being aimed at the idiots on facebook and stopper's mate, not you halo.
    Yeah I did too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

he didn't deserve MOTM imo. he made good runs but he wasted 2-3 very good chances on one and ones

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    he didn't deserve MOTM imo. he made good runs but he wasted 2-3 very good chances on one and ones
    Taggs was good but zadkovich was motm IMO. And that's from someone who isn't zads biggest fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Taggs was good but zadkovich was motm IMO. And that's from someone who isn't zads biggest fan
    I agree

Well, it's happened - I am agreeing whole-heartedly with MFKS.

I'll alert the proper authorities... was nice knowing you all

I was saying this to pv4 last night, Taggart has easily been our best player this season. Any team in the league would love to have him in their team. How long has it been since we've had a player like that?

pv4 suggested Brillante and Birighitti as other players of the season. I think they've been great, but not on the same level as Taggz.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Agree. Zads appeared to be everywhere last night.

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Well I apologise if that's the case, but his post was in direct reply to mine… and he still didn't answer my question.

How ****ing good is it to hear a coach say "hey guys, my player is really ****ing good" instead of "Goodwin has been playing out of his skin but I need to keep him grounded so he is dumped to the youth for a month".

http://www.sportal.com.au/football/a...d16y7c7lqoadou

Clayton Zane: Ange Postecoglou should look at Adam Taggart for Socceroos

Newcastle coach Clayton Zane has hailed Jets striker Adam Taggart as a strong chance to make the Socceroos World Cup squad following his side's crucial 1-0 A-League victory over Melbourne Heart at Hunter Stadium on Saturday.

The 20 year-old attacker netted the only goal of the match early in the second half to steer the Jets to just their third home win of the season and end Heart's five-match winning streak.

"He has to be a bolter for Brazil, personally I would take that type of that player just to give him the experience because he's going to be around in the national set up for some time," Zane said.

"The boy never stops finishing at training. All he wants to do is hit the back of the net. He's desperate to score goals.

"It's good for him to get a little run of goals leading into the finals, he's a very important player for us."
    Taggart's 11th goal of the season puts him in a good position for the golden boot award and Zane said his current form deserves to be rewarded.

"The strong points for Taggs is that he's a goal scorer, he's so hungry and he's got that turn off pace that will allow him to go and play in a decent league in Europe.

"Based on that performance today, he could find himself on the plane to Brazil.

"I'd love to see someone like Adam Taggart given the chance because he's been quite consistent this year."

Zane admitted it was not his side's best performance but he was pleased with the determination and resilience of his troops as they held on for their third win in four matches.

"Yeah its huge, it's great to overcome that hurdle of winning a home match again, I think that takes a little bit of pressure off us," he said.

"We still looked lively on the counter attack, some good points to take out of it but probably the biggest one and the most positive for me is that it was an ugly win and I don't think we've had too many of them this season.

"We're not home and hosed yet, we've still got a lot of work to do because it wasn't a pretty performance but we can be a lot better at home and take a lot of confidence from that."

The Jets had several opportunities to kill the game off in the second half but some wasteful finishing and some excellent keeping from Andrew Redmayne kept the visitors in the match until the final whistle.

"It was one of those games where the Heart were always in it so we did need that second goal," Zane said.

"Redmayne was terrific with some of those one on one saves and on another day you come in here and you're punching yourself for not finishing them off but they did well to close the game out.

"We were desperate, credit to the boys we're starting to show we can knick goals on the counter attack so we're going to be a bit of a threat heading into this finals period I hope."

So how much are we selling him for after the World Cup?

How much does returning cost?

The pitch could become know as the birraz/taggz oval.