Page 126 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 2578

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2014

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Oh my god, our marketing director is a genius....
    @NewcastleJetsFC: Jets Members can get a pie and beer combo for $10 at our 10-year anniversary match vs @AdelaideUnited! http://t.co/phLodo27LL #NTUA
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    i know that fashion sense and good taste aren't exactly synonymous with newcastle jets fans, but surely the only reason people liked the gold kits was because they weren't "knights colours".
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Oh my god, our marketing director is a genius....
    @NewcastleJetsFC: Jets Members can get a pie and beer combo for $10 at our 10-year anniversary match vs @AdelaideUnited! http://t.co/phLodo27LL #NTUA
    Pie and a mid-strength!

Banned
    FORMER Newcastle Jets skipper Ruben Zadkovich says ‘‘changes need to be made’’ if his old club is to re-emerge as an A-League force after almost half a decade of mediocrity.

Speaking a day after it was revealed that Scottish Premier League outfit Dundee United had shown interest in buying the Jets from controversial owner Nathan Tinkler, Zadkovich told the Newcastle Herald that his ex-teammates were not solely to blame for what is shaping as another underwhelming season.

Having missed the play-offs for the past four campaigns, the Jets are second-last on the ladder, five points adrift of the top six, after only nine games.

Zadkovich, who played in 97 games but no finals for Newcastle between 2010 and last season, joined Perth at the start of this season and is set to play against the Jets for the first time in Friday night’s showdown at nib Stadium.

And while he said there would be ‘‘no mercy’’ on the pitch, he empathised with the men he once played alongside.

‘‘I just think that the players at Newcastle get the rough end of the stick, if you know what I mean,’’ he said.

‘‘There are a lot of issues with Newcastle as a club and the way everything is run, and you can see that the players don’t benefit very much.

‘‘I certainly feel for my old teammates, and seeing them down near the bottom of the league isn’t nice.

See your ad here
    ‘‘But I don’t think they can be held fully responsible, to be honest. There are some deeper issues.

‘‘Being at the club for four years and not making the finals, and now seeing where they are at the moment, obviously changes need to be made.

‘‘I’m not going to go into what I think they are, but you can just tell there are problems with the club.

‘‘And it’s really sad to see because those Newcastle fans and members, and even my ex-teammates, I feel for those guys.

‘‘They deserve better.’’

Zadkovich was contracted to the Jets for this season but secured a release to sign a two-year deal with Perth. He said Newcastle would always hold a special place in his heart but added: ‘‘I’m just glad to be out of there at the moment.

‘‘I worked my arse off there for four years and wanted nothing more than to see the club being successful, but it wasn’t to be.

‘‘Now I’ve been lucky enough to join up with Kenny Lowe’s crew over here in Perth and I’m loving it.

‘‘We’re on top of the league and we play in the FFA Cup final next week, so we’ve got a lot to look forward to and some big games ahead of us.’’

The 28-year-old midfielder was unaware of the reports that Dundee United had been linked to a possible takeover.

Zadkovich has played only three times this season because of injuries and suspensions and, after a few ‘‘niggles’’ at training this week, was not sure how much of a role he would play against the Jets.

He said Lowe had reassured him to be patient in treating his injuries because he would be a key man at the business end of proceedings.

Despite Newcastle’s lowly position on the ladder and dismal record in Perth, where they have lost eight consecutive games, Zadkovich said Perth would be wary.

‘‘They’ve got nothing to lose and I know from my time there that Newcastle are always capable of beating the top sides,’’ he said.

‘‘We beat the top sides, away from home, and we did that right throughout the four years I was there.

‘‘So we won’t be underestimating them.

‘‘They’ve got some good players and I know they’ve got some good guys there. Guys who want to win.

‘‘We have to be ruthless and show no mercy.

‘‘But after the game I’m looking forward to catching up with some of my old teammates and spending some time with them.’’
    Wish he would actually lay the boot into the club and say what he thinks about what is wrong

More evidence

Happy 1.3.1.2 ACAB day everyone!!!'n
    Amigos Aarau

Foster Vs slater to kick off again.

Back to basics hey? as opposed to what we were doing... wait! does anyone actually know what we were doing?

Basics like don't turn over possession when your defence is playing a high line and you're a deep lying midfielder against a team proven to be good on the counter.
    OK

Back to retirement is where Caravella needs to go, horrendously frustrating footballer

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Back to retirement is where Caravella needs to go, horrendously frustrating footballer
    Scariest thing is, doesn't he run some kind of football school?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Scariest thing is, doesn't he run some kind of football school?
    Yeah it is the circler program of football to give you a well rounded development.

‘‘It is very easy to lose your enthusiasm and motivation because the season is not going as you want.

‘‘For individuals as well, and as a team, you just have to keep plugging along.
    What's this plugging along or needing motivation crap. you're getting paid. You dont have to dig holes for a living.

Do your job by implementing anything it takes to win. I know we arent far off a win and have been quite competitive but lets try not giving up after 70 mins, its staring to look a bit embarrassing.

lol at these goons on the herald that think caravella is the answer

if caravella is the answer then what on earth is the question ffs

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post

donut champion?

Do we have the most deluded fans on the planet?

Starting or bringing on Caravella is pretty much conceding defeat. It's like we are saying "we are ****ed so here we will make it easier for you guys to win"
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Name a footballer who performs the closest impersonation of a piece of road infrastructure?

Name a footballer who constantly performs 360 turns before passing?

Name a footballer who is more confident in passing backwards than forwards?

Name a footballer who is cheap enough that the jets can even sign them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    Name a footballer who performs the closest impersonation of a piece of road infrastructure?
    most of our defence make a pretty good impersonation of traffic cones

Name a footballer who constantly performs 360 turns before passing?
    got me there

Name a footballer who is more confident in passing backwards than forwards?
    all of our wingers, defenders and midfielders

Name a footballer who is cheap enough that the jets can even sign them?
    most of the current jets squad

The Football Federation of Australia is set to launch an investigation into alleged salary cap irregularities at Perth Glory covering the past three seasons. The review will also include a review of Perth's initial reporting of the current campaign.

Prompted by a Fairfax Media investigation into Perth Glory's salary cap declarations, Australian football's governing body will begin looking into the A-League club's accounts of past seasons after irregularities in their reporting were raised. It was revealed on Wednesday the league leaders and FFA Cup finalists had failed to declare player-agent fees, player accommodation and motor vehicle allowances in salary cap reports provided to the FFA.

The head of the A-League, Damien de Bohun, contacted the club on Wednesday to tell them of the FFA's actions.

"FFA has noted the allegations raised about Perth Glory and we've spoken to the club today," de Bohun said. "FFA is looking into these matters in line with the usual salary cap compliance practices."

The investigation threatens to overshadow Perth's best start to an A-League season, with the club sitting on top of the table after the first 10 games. Perth also reached the FFA Cup final, where they were defeated by Adelaide United on Tuesday night.

Pending findings, Perth could face disciplinary sanctions including but not limited to fines and point deductions.

At least $50,602 of player agent fees, mostly associated with standard contract negotiation work, was not represented on the 2012-13 A-League salary cap report submitted to the FFA on May 6,2013. Such payments are permitted but must be declared by the club in financial documents submitted throughout the course of the season.

Last season Perth Glory allocated numerous vehicles provided by sponsors and third parties to players. It is alleged the use fo the acrs may have been used as incentives to sign and retain players.

Perth also failed to declare accommodation costs provided by the club for some players throughout that period.
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/footbal...p-records.html