Page 128 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129 LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 2578

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    The fact that it has finally happened is reason for rejoicing.

http://www.adelaideunited.com.au/art...t1pvchswzt92yh

This, not so much. Would have loved him years ago but at 35 and out for most of two seasons with injury, does not bode well, especially after Stubbins basically giving him a gobbie in an interview the other day.
    I doubt the punda would put in

This was missed yesterday...

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/27...rom-sydney-fc/

IN-FORM winger David Carney has shown faith in the Newcastle Jets by knocking back an expression of interest from Sydney FC.

Carney, the 30-year-old playmaker who has appeared in all 11 of Newcastle’s games this season, said he had been approached by a Sydney representative recently about the possibility of making a mid-season transfer.

‘‘They contacted me, but I’m happy at Newcastle,’’ Carney said.

‘‘I want to stay and give everything for the boys. We’ve not had a great start, and the last thing I want is to leave. I’m thankful for the interest, but my mind is fully on the Jets.’’

Raised in Campbelltown, Carney played 38 games for Sydney between 2005 and 2007 and was a key member of the ‘‘Bling FC’’ team who won the inaugural A-League championship.

‘‘I had great times at Sydney when I was there, but at the moment I’m really concentrating on Newcastle,’’ he said.

‘‘I’m happy here and enjoying my football. I’m hoping we can improve as a team, and my mind is on the Newcastle Jets.’’

Jets chief executive Robbie Middleby said Carney, who is under contract to Newcastle until the end of next season, had informed the club out of courtesy that he had been approached by Sydney but denied the former Socceroo had requested a release.

‘‘Dave came to us and said Sydney had been in contact, but he knocked it on the head straight away,’’ Middleby said.

‘‘He’s done the right thing by us. He informed us as soon as they contacted him, but he’s happy here in Newcastle and, from our point of view, he’s a required player.

‘‘It’s good that someone as influential as Dave is committed and wants to be at this club.’’

Asked if he was disappointed that Sydney had targeted a contracted Jets player, Middleby declined to comment, other than to say all clubs were looking at their rosters with the January transfer window looming.

The Jets announced on Tuesday night that they had released Carney’s former New York Red Bulls teammate Jonny Steele, who has been in the US for the past month after seeking compassionate leave.

One possible replacement for Steele, 34-year-old Adelaide left back Cassio, was released by the South Australian club on Tuesday after falling out with coach Josep Gombau.

Carney said he had not spoken to Steele since his departure.

‘‘He’s a good player,’’ Carney said. ‘‘He’s really aggressive and he worked hard and he would have been great for the team if he came back.

‘‘But I’m sure he’s got his reasons why he left and the club’s got their reasons. I wish him all the best. He’s a good lad.’’

Carney said Newcastle were aiming to carry the momentum from last week’s 2-1 win against Adelaide into Saturday’s clash with Melbourne Victory at AAMI Park.

‘‘Obviously getting the monkey off the back is important, but we know it’s a hard game coming up, so we’re not celebrating too much,’’ he said.

‘‘You can always come back down to earth pretty quickly, especially in the A-League . . . they [Melbourne] are a very good side.

‘‘But we’ve proved that we can beat one of the best in Adelaide, so hopefully we can do that against Melbourne.’’

Carney said Newcastle needed to retain the ball better against the Victory.

‘‘I think we got 36 per cent of possession [against Adelaide], so we need to be better at that,’’ he said. ‘‘The players know that.

‘‘We need to work on it. That’s probably why the players are cramping up at the end, because we’re putting all our work into defending. If we can get better at that, I think we’ve got the players to do well.’’

Striker Edson Montano is expected to play, despite being replaced against Adelaide with what appeared a serious calf injury. He trained strongly enough on Tuesday to suggest Phil Stubbins will be able to field an unchanged side.

http://m.foxsports.com.au/football/a...-1227166627973

Came across this. Seems we're interested in Daniel Mullen.
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Good. I was critical of the rumours surrounding him and his commitment to the cause. He's come out and said he wants to stay so good on him
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Foxsports podcast says there's going to be a few player out movements from the jets. One link is someone going to the Wanderers

anyone know anything?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Foxsports podcast says there's going to be a few player out movements from the jets. One link is someone going to the Wanderers

anyone know anything?
    Fingers crossed Roundabout and Gallaway

If its Griff the club can get ****ed

I was always under the impression that clubs couldn't make offers to contracted players outside a transfer window.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I was always under the impression that clubs couldn't make offers to contracted players outside a transfer window.
    If the players are within the last 6 months of their contract, then the Bosman ruling applies.

If they're contracted further, than maybe the club could give permission for them to do so? You can organise transfers outside the windows in Football Manager, they won't happen until the window, but you could organise them.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Banned
    Umm no they are not able to officially.

They though do talk to players/agents on the sly though. Only need to talk to agent and say we are interested in looking at bringing in your player ....... in January. We will be in touch at the time etc.
    How can you police that??

The club though can give players permission to look elsewhere if they consent at any time and will also take approaches from time to time from rivals if need any examples just look at Goodwin Chapman Zads Ryan Griff and any other under contract Jets player Middleby lets go for nilch

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    If the players are within the last 6 months of their contract, then the Bosman ruling applies.

If they're contracted further, than maybe the club could give permission for them to do so? You can organise transfers outside the windows in Football Manager, they won't happen until the window, but you could organise them.
    Bosman rule is part of European Law and has **** all to do with this country. We may though take the principles from it with player contracts but it has nothing to do with Australia

Could Birraz be one of the players on the move ? I mean, how much longer will Covic be playing for WSW ?

Kalmar been released from melb city to wanderers on an injury replacement.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Kalmar been released from melb city to wanderers on an injury replacement.
    Never understood how this bloke has kept the occupation of professional footballer on his tax return for as long as he has.

Plays one decent game a season where he looks the goods the rest of the time he does nothing and for some reason keeps getting employed.

See Isaka Cernak Nick Ward The Hoff et al

Pulling the wool over someone's eyes

Bosman rule is part of European Law and has **** all to do with this country. We may though take the principles from it with player contracts but it has nothing to do with Australia
    Meant the whole when you're in the last 6 months of your contract you can start to talk to other potential employers. That happens here.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Never understood how this bloke has kept the occupation of professional footballer on his tax return for as long as he has.

Plays one decent game a season where he looks the goods the rest of the time he does nothing and for some reason keeps getting employed.

See Isaka Cernak Nick Ward The Hoff et al

Pulling the wool over someone's eyes
    Same agent as Brad Jones?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Could Birraz be one of the players on the move ? I mean, how much longer will Covic be playing for WSW ?
    Birraz being shopped to Serie C clubs by Big Vinnie...not much bargaining power as he is a second choice here.

Would be much better staying here fighting his way back to number one and then moving in July, but apparently isn't up for the fight and wants out.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Birraz being shopped to Serie C clubs by Big Vinnie...not much bargaining power as he is a second choice here.

Would be much better staying here fighting his way back to number one and then moving in July, but apparently isn't up for the fight and wants out.
    Am hearing a fair bit of this about Birraz.

Anyone actually have a genuine sauce or are they just putting shit on the bloke as it seems the fashionable thing to do??

Am hearing a fair bit of this about Birraz.

Anyone actually have a genuine sauce or are they just putting shit on the bloke as it seems the fashionable thing to do??
    fashionable? lol. he has earned it.

From Nov 30 A-League players who are coming off contract at the end of the season can negotiate with other clubs.

It's in the CBA

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    From Nov 30 A-League players who are coming off contract at the end of the season can negotiate with other clubs.

It's in the CBA
    cheers for clearing that up for me.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG