Page 69 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2578

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2014

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    all age teams do longer sessions
    MFKFC and parksey - I think it's a 75minute session AFTER warmup and passing/possession drills. So realistically you'd imagine 5-15mins warmup, 10-30mins passing and stuff, it's getting more towards a 2 hour full session.

Not saying it would or should change your views on how "little" they do but just thought I'd attempt to put a real spin on that situation.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    75 minute session FFS

Suppose they only do 4 of those a week.

Any wonder why we are so shit at this game as a club and as a country with that attitude.

Wonder how long those blokes at Bayern Munich who form the core of the German WC side and a damn fine elite euro club train for each day??

Bet you it ain't 75 minute sessions
    I have asked this question, the main reason is due to the hardness of the pitches here in Aus - both at the playing and training venues. The euro pitches are much softer and hence easier on legs, knees, joints, ligaments etc enabling longer sessions for ballwork, technical drills, etc
    It wont change until the clubs have their OWN training facilities tailor-made for football which is quite an expensive investment for clubs who are still making losses.
    If the players were on similar training regimes to the european leagues, players would be breaking down even more regularly than they are now.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

So we should be getting a whole lot more training in when this Speers Point facility comes in then.
    OK

I dont know whether the Jets senior teams will be moving to that facility at this stage
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

its our playing pitch that is the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    I have asked this question, the main reason is due to the hardness of the pitches here in Aus - both at the playing and training venues. The euro pitches are much softer and hence easier on legs, knees, joints, ligaments etc enabling longer sessions for ballwork, technical drills, etc
    It wont change until the clubs have their OWN training facilities tailor-made for football which is quite an expensive investment for clubs who are still making losses.
    If the players were on similar training regimes to the european leagues, players would be breaking down even more regularly than they are now.
    Just another example of how tossers with a sports science degree have no idea and no business in Australian football

If these idiots actually have a clue why at the World Cup were the Aussies out warming up 10 mins before our opponent and then still out there for another 10 mins after our opponent has retreated to the sheds

Established football countries like Spain Chile and Holland obviously know what they are doing. We are ****ing clueless if we are doing things so differently

Dear Joel

With Memberships going on sale at midday tomorrow, here is 10 NEW reasons to become a proud 2014/15 Newcastle Jets Member.

1. 2014/15 Memberships at 2013/14 prices for renewing Members (purchase prior to August 31).

2. Ray Baartz Club exclusive benefits including a ticket to the Player of the Year Awards Night, signed merch and more.

3. Memberships for the whole family including Toddlers, Babies and Pets.

4. Your MyJETS Account. Log in to your new Member account to purchase Memberships, select seats, manage your email preferences and more.

5. New coach and new players.

6. New pitch at Hunter Stadium.

7. Opportunity to have a player deliver your Member pack to your door (purchase prior to September 12).

8. Member Kit includes an exclusive 10 year anniversary Member scarf.

9. Pre-purchase your jersey that is exclusive to Members only.

10. Be the first to receive important announcements by subscribing to Member First emails.
    email from the jets

wonder what the member kit is. Its probably terrible

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    email from the jets

wonder what the member kit is. Its probably terrible
    You forgot to blank out your name. We all know your name now.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    You forgot to blank out your name. We all know your name now.
    I'm so scared i'll have to change it now

Must be Brazilian, only one name. should sign up joel

Just another example of how tossers with a sports science degree have no idea and no business in Australian football

If these idiots actually have a clue why at the World Cup were the Aussies out warming up 10 mins before our opponent and then still out there for another 10 mins after our opponent has retreated to the sheds

Established football countries like Spain Chile and Holland obviously know what they are doing. We are ****ing clueless if we are doing things so differently

Out of interest what's your background in sports science, injury prevention, treatment or sports coaching to be so unequivocally certain you are right?

the squads you are talking of had players coming off a much much longer season and would have been expecting to be managing are larger number of players seeing game time as each progressed deeper into the tournament.

perhaps their different approaches on game day are reflective of a different training/warm up/game/cool down/recovery plan based on the entirely different fatigue and fitness levels coming into the tournament, or their expectations of progressing through the group and deeper into the tournament.

Granted, football in Australia hasn't had the professional environment conducive to football specific sports medicine staff becoming world leaders in football specific sports medicine.

But I'd back the guys at the jets (who last year reduced the number of soft tissue injuries at the club dramatically - to the a-league's lowest) as a little more in tune with what's needed than your assessment based on watching a few games of the World Cup from the stands.

But hey, that's just me.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 15-07-2014 at 09:29 PM.

Jets change their stripes for new shirt design
    By JAMES GARDINER
    July 16, 2014, 7 a.m

CHIEF executive Robbie Middleby is confident the Newcastle Jets' new home and away strips will prove popular with fans after they were unveiled yesterday.

Designed by new apparel supplier BLK, the home shirt is predominantly blue with thin red vertical stripes and a red panel on the back.

The cinnamon and emerald away kit, a throwback to KB United, remains, but the diagonal sash is now vertical.

The Jets have retained the predominantly blue shorts for home games and white for away fixtures.

Both shirts, which are expected to go on sale from September, have a Jets 10-year anniversary logo on the back.

"With a new sponsor coming on board in BLK, we wanted their input and also to freshen it up," Middleby said.

What do you think of the design? Tell us in the comments below.

Jets owner Nathan Tinkler's Castle Quarry Products replaces his Hunter Ports on the front of the jersey. CQP is a sandmining operation at Fullerton Cove and is a division of Buildev.

NIB has remained as sleeve sponsor.

Jets commercial manager Mark Duffield-Thomas said negotiations with Aurizon, last season's shorts sponsor, and other potential backers were continuing.

WesTrac has not renewed its sponsorship on the back of the playing shirt.

NIB, WesTrac and Aurizon had duel sponsorships with Hunter Sports Group when it owned the Jets and Knights.

Middleby said sponsorship and corporate sales were areas A-League clubs across the board were working hard to improve.

Jets memberships go on sale at noon today.

They start at $60 for a child and $120 for an adult, and Middleby was confident of increasing the 10,200 members from last season, despite the departure of marquee striker Emile Heskey.

"Membership prices are the same as last year and easily the most affordable in the A-League," Middleby said.

Meanwhile, Josh Brillante has passed a medical and is expected to complete his move to Italian club Fiorentina in the next two days.

In other squad news, former Young Socceroos defender Sam Gallagher, 23, is expected to be offered a contract as early as today.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/24...?cs=12#slide=1
    Still don't like the red back panel, probably only worth picking one up when they eventually slash the prices.

Signing of Gallagher shows how much we rate our own youth team when we go signing players like that as fourth string CB's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Maybe, just maybe, we have signed Gallagher because plucking players from our youth team would deplete the youth team.

Still wish we had Josh Mitchell, I loved that guy.

I barely remember Gallagher at any of the HAL clubs he's played at so can't really make a judgement on him. Still young though.
    OK

Banned
    Firstly I have no formal qualifications in sports science.I am though an expert on whatever subject that comes up

I am pretty certain though our opponents in the world cup were preparing as they normally would for a game and the length of their warm up had nothing to do with future world cup games or the previous Euro season.

Why it takes our country clubs etc that long too warm up is baffling. How much energy is wasted that could be better expended in the game???

Just as I find it baffling why in the HAL the Jets have a what 30-40. Minute warm up in summer temps

Surely energy in the hot sun is wasted that could be spent in the game

As for the sports science injury performance at the Jets last season few injuries is hardly anything to brag about

The fact that our players spend so much time at the beach in coffee shops at the cinema or banging Griffs left overs and not actually training may be why

It also might be the reason why we don't make the top 6

Maybe a little bit of hard work might see a few more injuries but it might actually see a competent side winning games for newy

I am though an expert on whatever subject that comes up
    I love you Member. Never change please.
    OK

I am though an expert on whatever subject that comes up
    5 star post.
    Well in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    Still don't like the red back panel, probably only worth picking one up when they eventually slash the prices.

Signing of Gallagher shows how much we rate our own youth team when we go signing players like that as fourth string CB's.
    Gallagher was originally an attacking LB, therefore I believe will be competing for the LB position. Can also be a backup for the left sided CB position.
    We would now have 2 players competing for their suited position. Goody/Gallagher for LB and Steele/Carney further up the park. Therefore a better balance on the left.

Galloway would be backup RB behind Neville.

Solid signing I believe

Banned
    I am gonna go out on a limb and say this Gallagher bloke is a shit signing

When Ange went to Victree he gave the bloke a go. Then Ange couldn't get rid of him quick enough

If Postecoglou don't rate the bloke then that's enough for me

Gallagher is the last squad position, min wage, and Stubbins clearly rates him. Good enough for me.

I don't see the rationale in signing our youth CB's unless they are at risk of being poached by other clubs. If they are in the youth team then Stubbins can select them for first team duties if he chooses.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

Still wish we had Josh Mitchell, I loved that guy.
    You and me both. His wage must have been outside the realms of possibility as far as the club was concerned. Came into his own last season I thought