#foreversixth
    shouldn't it be #foreverseventh

#wearejustlikeeverton
    Go jetties

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    #wearejustlikeeverton
    hopefully stubbins is our Roberto martinez

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Taggart doing the same thing a second season wasn't a sure thing. Second season syndrome and all that.

* Geronimo > Heskey
    * Madaschi > Mitchell and/or Chapman
    * Flores > Brown
    * We don't have GVE
    * Steele may or may not be better than either Zads/Caravella. My guess is he will be.
    * Montano is a complete unknown - we may have a complete flop, we may have a GB contender...
    * Griffiths & Carney have had a full pre-season and while I realise they're both a year older which isn't a + for the over 30's, surely we'll see more out of them this season than last.
    * We don't have GVE
    * Stubbins seems to actually have a clue
    * I like Brillante but to say we've lost a midfielder deemed good enough to play in the Serie A doesn't mean shit when his performances for us last year made no impact on reaching the top 6. He *might have been more effective this season but it's not a loss because it never was.

That's not even accounting for Paartalu, who would wipe out the losses of both Caravella and Zadkovich combined in a heartbeat.

My guess is 4th place.
    You failed to mention GVE leaving enough times.

if big phil can just do the ****ing gypos over first round I don't give a toss what he does after that

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann View Post
    Attachment 787

How awesome is Kew looking in this photo. Looks like he is getting ready to strike down the Coasties with great vengeance and furious anger.
    Sat next to the guys at the footy show on Thursday night. Watched them, especially Flores, practice the "that's gold" for about 20 min after the chief showed the crowd the proper technique.

Good on the jets boys.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    if big phil can just do the ****ing gypos over first round I don't give a toss what he does after that
    It's all about Round 1.

WE WIN

Big Phil can lose the next 26 games for all i care

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    It's all about Round 1.

WE WIN

Big Phil can lose the next 26 games for all i care
    So if he wins 1 against the gypos but loses the next 2 against them, you will be happy?
    Thats the stupidest thing i have heard on the foz for a while!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Neil Young officially our new GK coach

one of the nicest guys ever to pull the shirt on

good to see him back

done a decent job with vukobitch, so hopefully he continues his good work with bk and biraz
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Nice to see him back.

Still remember the night he got smashed by Shane Smeltz, back when James Brown was good

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    Nice to see him back.

Still remember the night he got smashed by Shane Smeltz, back when James Brown was good
    not forgiven

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    Nice to see him back.

When James Brown was good, you have a better memory than me.

Jets goalie coach Neil Young back for keeps
    By JAMES GARDINER
    July 21, 2014, 9:30 p.m.

NEIL Young broke into the A-League as a player at the Newcastle Jets. Now the Perth-born gloveman has returned determined to establish himself as a coach.

Young conducted his first session as the Jets’ goalkeeper coach yesterday. He replaces Bob Catlin, who along with Craig Deans was released at the end of last season.

‘‘To come back here and work with goalkeepers the calibre of Mark Birighitti and Ben Kennedy is a great opportunity,’’ Young said.

‘‘Newcastle is a second home for me, and to work with a team which gave me my first opportunity ... I just want to do the club proud.

‘‘Biris and BK are two strong keepers. If you look around the league, we probably have the strongest No.2, if we have a No.2. They are both No.1 in my eyes.’’

Young, 34, spent two seasons at the Jets from 2009-10 after trialling successfully for a contract.

He made his A-League debut in round 14 of his maiden campaign and played nine consecutive games before being collected in the face by the boot of then Gold Coast striker Shane Smeltz.

Young sustained a broken nose that required surgery, then suffered an adverse reaction to antibiotics that left him fighting for his life.

He made it back on the field a year later for the Jets youth team.

At the end of that season, he was approached by Perth and moved home.

But his body struggled with the daily grind of training, and he made the decision to move into coaching.

Young had two years on the Glory coaching staff but was let go at the end of last season.

‘‘As a coach, I try to incorporate into training what I used to enjoy as player,’’ he said.

‘‘I have taken a bit from every coach I have had all the way through.

‘‘Jonathan Gould, who is now at Wellington, was a big influence.

‘‘I also put my stamp on things. I like to do things a certain way, and I think it works.

‘‘The town of Newcastle wants people who work hard and play for the shirt.

‘‘That’s what I said to them this morning. Give me work ethic and the rest will come with it.’’

Birighitti was in the preliminary Socceroos squad for the World Cup and was poised to join Bayer Leverkusen before a change in manager at the Bundesliga club.

Young spoke with Socceroos goalkeeper boss Tony Franken at a Level II goalkeeper coaching course in Tasmania last week.

‘‘Tony gave me some things Mark needs to work on and I have some ideas as well,’’ he said.

‘‘BK finished last season strongly and did well. He did well when I was a player here. He has the experience, maybe just needs to be pushed a little harder.

‘‘I will sit down with Biris, BK and [youth team keeper] John [Solari] one-on-one and have a chat about goals and what I expect from them.’’

Young was one of two new faces at training.

Northern Ireland international Jonny Steele completed his first session with the club after arriving on Saturday from the US, where he played alongside Tim Cahill at the New York Red Bulls, producing some nice touches and a lethal left foot in a series of finishing drills.

Steele, a box-to-box midfielder, is expected to help cover the departure of captain Ruben Zadkovich to Perth.

The Jets remain in the market for a holding midfielder and confirmed that former Brisbane Roar championship winner Erik Paartalu was one of a number of options on the table.

www.theherald.com.au/story/2432304/jets-goalie-coach-neil-young-back-for-keeps/?cs=306
    Youngy best bloke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

‘‘The town of Newcastle wants people who work hard and play for the shirt.

‘‘That’s what I said to them this morning. Give me work ethic and the rest will come with it.’’
    Calling Plague.

See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. This "myth" has entered the culture of both the Knights and the Jets. But this quote is mainly about effort. And success doesn't come from effort alone.

There is nothing said about humility, ambition, respect and teamwork. It is all these attributes combined that bring success. What is effort without ambition and teamwork? You can become the fittest bloke in the league but if it isn't directed toward the skills you need to win games and is made subservient to the team goals, then fitness of itself isn't worth much.

Also look at the tweet that Marcos Flores made recently:

Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much #teamwork
    The corporate values are being communicated whether you like it or not, I just don't think it is the complete message. It creates a wrong emphasis and a misunderstanding about what the supporters want.
    Last edited by hausmann; 22-07-2014 at 11:05 AM.

youngy what a legend, hope he succeeds with all 3 keepers.

steele looks fit and ready to which is good, hope we get to see him in the FFA cup game.

this promising, no bad news pre-season is absolutely ridiculous.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    steele looks fit
    You sound like Mrs Premy

Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

lel

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann View Post
    Calling Plague.
    'Sup?

Oh, the values thingy again.
    Ok, so Youngy wants players to give him work ethic? Yeah, that's my point, 'give' it, not 'talk about giving it'.
    This may shock plenty of people out there but I'd bet that 'work ethic' is something they've had for a long long long time and that's why they are now professional footballers.
    (h/t Malcolm Gladwell).

Do you think professional footballers sign for a new club and read Gary from Marketing's "5 point plan to becoming a mega awesome Jet" and realise "WHAT??? WORK ETHIC??? CALL THE UNION DAGNABBIT!!!"

Every coach who ever lived in any sport ever in the history of everything wants blokes to perform at thier best.

If you need pretty plaques over doorways to teach you that then I doubt they'd have made it that far anyway.

And don't even ****ing start me on hashtags............

Having said that I now realise why Suarez got into all that trouble.
    Nowhere in LFC's corporate charter does it mention 'no biting people'
    HOW WAS HE TO KNOW????GAHHHHH THE SYSTEM LETS ANOTHER ONE DOWN.........

#common****ingsense