Page 76 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 2578

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2014

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    Newcastle are so much like Spurs, Gunners and Scousers..........It's always "Yeah aiming for the title.......then it's missing a few players due to injury............then it's well we are rebuilding........Next year will be our year"

Repear for a few decades.
    No we are not. Those clubs are capable of getting into the Top 6 in their League we ain't

We are more like Aston Villa Newcastle UK and Sunderland potential to do something but always achieve nothing

Wellington looking good against Westham, up 2-0, Burns playing a No9 roll doing a top job.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Just another day.

Tinks has came through bigger issues than that one

Tinks should open his own insolvancy accounting firm, then the money would just go around and around in a cycle!

Stubbins pleased with flash of Steele
    By CRAIG KERRY
    July 23, 2014, 10 p.m.

NEW attacking weapon Jonny Steele and the Newcastle Jets’ young talent on both sides impressed as the A-League team opened their pre-season trials with an intra-club match at Weston last night.

The senior Jets defeated their youth team 3-1 but it was under-20 talent that scored all four goals.

Former Western Sydney Wanderer Josh Barresi scored twice for the seniors in the first half, pouncing on a poor pass in defence in the 10th minute and tapping in a rebound off goalkeeper John Solari in the 33rd. Mitch Oxborrow made it 3-0 in the 38th minute of the 70-minute match after meeting a cross from fellow youth league player Brandon Lundy.

The Jets’ second team hit back inside a minute when Luke Willard made a similar run into the box and scored off a Nick Cowburn cross.

The trial was the first Jets game under new coach Phil Stubbins, who was pleased with the intense yet injury-free contest.

‘‘It was a really good hit-out for both teams and I think we’re going to see more of it,’’ Stubbins said. ‘‘It was a really good test. I think the 70 minutes was a good blow-out for us. There’s lots off things to work on.

‘‘To witness the introduction of playing three at the back, I think we can work on and build from. It was good.’’

Former Northern Ireland international Steele played the second half and was the main attraction, showing glimpses of his speed and skill down the left touch line.

‘‘He showed some flashes,’’ Stubbins said of Steele, who arrived in Newcastle only last weekend. ‘‘There’s a long way to go in terms of communication back and forth and what we actually want from him, but there’s some good performances there.

‘‘Mitch Oxborrow and Josh Barresi got the goals, two of the young ones, so that was good as well. All in all, I’d say it was a very good night.’’

Stubbins said Cowburn was ‘‘very good’’ in a impressive effort from the youth team.Joel Griffiths, Taylor Regan, Ben Kantarovski and Oxborrow played the entire match for the senior team.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/24...steele/?cs=306
    Good to see Griff played the full game, can't wait to see him tearing the league up again with a full pre-season.

Bit of a concern that we still haven't got the VISA approved for Hannah, missing a lot of the pre-season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    Good to see Griff played the full game, can't wait to see him tearing the league up again with a full pre-season.

Bit of a concern that we still haven't got the VISA approved for Hannah, missing a lot of the pre-season.
    Its a shame he isnt here yet but there is still just less than 3 months until the season starts. They were saying he should arrive in the next fortnight so he should get around 2 months of preseason.

not really worried about him not being present, heskey in his first season rocked up 2 weeks before the seasons started and was solid from the get go in his first season.

we probably have one of (if not) the longest off-season in world football. if he gets a solid 2 months him, i think he will be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

James Brown scored his first goal for City, they beat Bolton reserves 5-1.
    No doubt he will bang them in for fun this season!

Thinking out loud, if we're going to play 3 at the back I'm a little concerned at the number of center backs we have. Seeing Stubbins praise Cowburn suggest he maybe used and I guess Kantarovski or Gallagher could fill in if needed but I feel another CB would be handy if we're going with 3 at the back.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Thinking out loud, if we're going to play 3 at the back I'm a little concerned at the number of center backs we have. Seeing Stubbins praise Cowburn suggest he maybe used and I guess Kantarovski or Gallagher could fill in if needed but I feel another CB would be handy if we're going with 3 at the back.
    We've already got 4 CB in the squad

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    We've already got 4 CB in the squad
    So say 1 CB is injured another gets suspended or 2 are injured at the same time?
    I'M GULLIBLE!

So say 1 CB is injured another gets suspended or 2 are injured at the same time?
    I'll get crucified for this but Gallaway was originally played as a CB too..

3 at the back doesn't mean they are all going to be CB's. The back 3 needs to be mobile to cover the additional space and push forward when in possession. I would think that Neville and Kantarovski would spend time in the back 3.

This is the formation that was used by a number of teams at the world cup, Netherlands used it against Spain, and seems to be popular at the moment. Hoping its something Stubbins is tinkering with as an option rather than rusted on

Wellington looking good against Westham, up 2-0, Burns playing a No9 roll doing a top job.
    Toronto FC 1 Tottenham 2. 2nd half . live on ESPN followed by live. Sporting Kansas City v Manchester City
    We have been saved.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    3 at the back doesn't mean they are all going to be CB's. The back 3 needs to be mobile to cover the additional space and push forward when in possession. I would think that Neville and Kantarovski would spend time in the back 3.

This is the formation that was used by a number of teams at the world cup, Netherlands used it against Spain, and seems to be popular at the moment. Hoping its something Stubbins is tinkering with as an option rather than rusted on
    Just cause they are saying 3 at the back doesn't mean it will be 3 defenders only. Wing Backs may spend most of the time actually covering the fullback role and basically 5 at the back

and then what if the sky fell in for real all at the same time and GAHHHHH IM OFF TO STOCK UP ON TINNED FOOD AND BOTTLED WATER!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    and then what if the sky fell in for real all at the same time and GAHHHHH IM OFF TO STOCK UP ON TINNED FOOD AND BOTTLED WATER!!!!!!!!
    Hit up PV4's mate Hutcho I hear his got a good stockpile.

Speaking of WLG what's the story with his avatar?
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Hit up PV4's mate Hutcho I hear his got a good stockpile.

Good call. Member, update on the selection process please.