Page 80 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 2578

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2014

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    if its Arsenal i'm so keen
    I'd be interested in going to see Arsenal play too. I'd have gone to Juve as well, but didn't work out this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Its a shame our stadium pitch is ****ed though.

If it was much chop a competent CEO could have asked to play it here and thrown the doors open for free.

Would have been a great PR initiative
    Not sure us not playing up here is entirely to do with the pitch quality or availability.

I thought FFA had a fee for promoting these games against international teams in the order of $250,000. Don't think its as simple as throwing the gates open for free.

And then, would FFA want to allow the team that played the All-Stars to then go on and play other club teams in promoted matches.......I don't think so. I suspect this being behind closed doors is as much to do with the FFA wanting to protect the All-Stars concept as any other influence.

Then again, maybe Juventus just want a low key hit out?

Either way, we have a game against quality opposition for once. Better than playing an understrength Weston.

-----edit-----

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    In our advantage, the FFA won't be able to rape us off 250k of the money raised from the event if we were to promote it
    I should have kept reading, yep its a $250,000 fee.

Banned
    If you are opening the gates for free then you ain't really promoting it and not making money from it so the FFA would not have a hope in hell of getting a penny from it.

As for the 250k fee the clubs should show some spine and tell them where to go.

If a club takes on the risk of the event they deserve to get full benefits from it.

I am pretty certain the FFA won't be coughing up any shortfall if it goes pear shaped for the club

Just another example of the FFA controlling the game and handicapping growth with their communist model

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Not sure us not playing up here is entirely to do with the pitch quality or availability.

I thought FFA had a fee for promoting these games against international teams in the order of $250,000. Don't think its as simple as throwing the gates open for free.

And then, would FFA want to allow the team that played the All-Stars to then go on and play other club teams in promoted matches.......I don't think so. I suspect this being behind closed doors is as much to do with the FFA wanting to protect the All-Stars concept as any other influence.

Then again, maybe Juventus just want a low key hit out?

Either way, we have a game against quality opposition for once. Better than playing an understrength Weston.

-----edit-----

I should have kept reading, yep its a $250,000 fee.
    Don't let cold hard facts get in the way of a good bitch fest from all the doomsayers and Middleby haters.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Banned
    :
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Don't let cold hard facts get in the way of a good bitch fest from all the doomsayers and Middleby haters.
    Since when did they become cold hard facts when we are speculating about an imaginary event???

Middleby haters?
    Who are these people?

I always thought they were more like Julia Gillard, calling out 'miss-odge-ah-knee' wherever she sees it.

i like Middleby

srs
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

I prefer 261.625565 hertz

http://www.afr.com/Page/Uuid/42a58b4...ticleGift=TRUE

International Champions Cup heads to Melbourne

A big international football tournament featuring famous clubs such as Manchester City and Real Madrid will be played in Australia next year under an agreement set to be struck by Nine Entertainment Co.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Lol I'm sure organising an event in 2 days is heaps simple and middleby and the FFA are not putting this on because they're busy with their plans to shoot down planes over Ukraine and clean up their mess with the world trade centre.

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Lol I'm sure organising an event in 2 days is heaps simple and middleby and the FFA are not putting this on because they're busy with their plans to shoot down planes over Ukraine and clean up their mess with the world trade centre.
    You'll notice as well the FFA refuse to deny thier role in this whole Ebola virus situation.
    WHAT ARE THEY TRYING TO HIDE?

:

Since when did they become cold hard facts when we are speculating about an imaginary event???
    -2 days to organize what would be a Major Event for the City of Newcastle.
    -Organize staff to cater at said event within 2 days
    -Organize security for said event within 2 days
    -Organize transformation of the ground from League to Football for said event within 2 days
    -Pull $250,000 from thin air to pay FFA fee for a game that you have no chance of making money from if you "open the gates".

cold hard facts

But no it's so much easier to just take a pot shot at Middleby and look past the obvious then it is to simply say, well done on ceasing a opportunity.

Members logic
    It's got scales, a fin, gills and a tail. Must be bird.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Middleby haters?
    Who are these people?

I always thought they were more like Julia Gillard, calling out 'miss-odge-ah-knee' wherever she sees it.
    Maybe we just don't have enough brown paper bags to shit done.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Banned
    -2 days to organize what would be a Major Event for the City of Newcastle.
    -Organize staff to cater at said event within 2 days
    -Organize transformation of the ground from League to Football for said event within 2 days
    -Pull $250,000 from thin air to pay FFA fee for a game that you have no chance of making money from if you "open the gates".

cold hard facts

But no it's so much easier to just take a pot shot at Middleby and look past the obvious then it is to simply say, well done on ceasing a opportunity.

Members logic
    It's got scales, a fin, gills and a tail. Must be bird.

I seriously don't know where to start.

Firstly where was I having a go at Middleby??
    Secondly I am pretty certain I said I was blaming our shit pitch for preventing any hope of the game being in Newy

As for your other points about this fictitious event that isn't even happening an it being hard to pull off.

Organize staff to cater at said event within 2 days
    Place a Phone Call to your Catering Company it is their job to fill the gig after that

Place a phone call o the security provider it is their job to fill the gig after that

Putting up some goal posts and a crossbar don't take that long after all thousands of clubs in the country put them up and take them down each weekend. marking the ground would take a couple of hours. FFS I know it is pushing it as we have incompetent ground staff at hunter Stadium who can't even grow grass at the best of times but even I think they can manage it.

Once again I will go through this slowly so you may pick up the blatantly obvious you miss

If you ain't making a quid you ain't paying the FFA. If you had to pay the FFA for playing a team like Juve we would be due 250k tomorrow night.

If Middleby couldn't pull the job off to this fictitious event in 2 days if it actually was going ahead he really has no place running a chook raffle let alone a football club

If it was much chop a competent CEO could have asked to play it here and thrown the doors open for free.
    If that's not a pot shot I don't know what is, as to your rebuttal on previous points all would be quite easy to organize given sufficient time, but 2 business days is not sufficient time.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Did anyone actually read the ****ing article? Juve requested the low-key match and we were the only club close enough & available to get down there & play.

When a top Euro side offers you a training match you ****ing take it on their say so, rather than asking them all to travel 2hrs north & try and suck some $$ out of it

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Did anyone actually read the ****ing article? Juve requested the low-key match and we were the only club close enough & available to get down there & play.

When a top Euro side offers you a training match you ****ing take it on their say so, rather than asking them all to travel 2hrs north & try and suck some $$ out of it
    Any old plan Joe can see that, but certain people put 1 and 1 together and get 5.
    Then have the hide to tell others "pick up the blatantly obvious you missed"
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Maybe we just don't have enough brown paper bags to shit done.
    When Pollies are around there are always plenty of paper bags.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post

Lolol yeah but middleby something something FFA something something a few phone calls, sorted.

Banned
    If that's not a pot shot I don't know what is, as to your rebuttal on previous points all would be quite easy to organize given sufficient time, but 2 business days is not sufficient time.
    So you wish to quote part of my post to further some delusional argument you wish to have but not the other part

Its a shame our stadium pitch is ****ed though.

Would have been a great PR initiative
    Notice the bit where I said if we had a decent pitch ....... then notice the bit where I said could have asked to play it here and thrown the doors open for free.... then notice the bit where I said would be a great PR initiative........

Assuming we had a decent pitch...(WHICH WE DON'T ) .... To do the things I suggested would be the actions of a competent CEO regardless of who it was.

You keep clutching at straws that I am having a dig at Middleby here cause you are seeing shit that ain't there.

As for your bit about 2 days not being sufficient time. Ideally you would like more time to organise this fictitious event but to not be able to pull something adequate off in 2 days would be incompetent even if it wasn't perfect.

FFS Shit can be done in a hurry if it has to be done