Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NEW FM League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by God bless zpl View Post
    Do you realise how stupid you sound??? If any of these players were that good they would still be playing nbn first grade, they are playing zpl for a reason, if u don't understand zpl is the third division!!! And it is the third division for a reason..

All the games you are judging your opinions on are trial games, that means they are not real games and there is no competition points up for grabs, do u understand???

All we ask is if you want to talk about how good you are and pull each other off each day go do it in your own forum!!!
    A bunch of the guys, not only at Wallsend, could still play in nbn mate. Yes they are playing zpl for a reason that's right.. To hopefully get a great club back to the top again, which I personally think is great! It shows they are not stuck up players with egos. If they are willing to drop a couple of divisions to try and build a club, it says a lot about them in my books. Nbn isnt what it use to be. Yes zpl is third division haha but it's got some GOOD players running around so what you are saying is rubbish. I agree with you that trial games don't count for too much but teams dont play trial games to lose do they? Obviously the point some people on here are trying to make is that newfm needs to get a lot better because right now its a two or three team race at best. I Look forward to seeing the results this year in the top 3 divisions, it will be very interesting to say the least! Good luck to all teams.
    Last edited by lafootball; 26-02-2014 at 08:07 PM.

Mate if ya look at everyone of his posts it's all about how good the zpl is, it's not a one off post, so if that's not a big ego I don't know what is???

And I don't know anything about wallsend or where they play out of, but a team like Barnsley for example are flogging a dead horse! It doesn't matter how good there side is they won't get promoted due to their poor excuse of facilities!

All that aside tho, I'm just absolutely sick and tired of your whinging, as I said earlier if use wanna talk about how good of a comp u have and pull each other off, do it else where!

We shall do our talking on the pitch.....and then pull each other off! Haha

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    What makes you think my opinion isn't informed and I don't know what's happening out there? If greg smith is able to bag the club in the herald why am I unable to voice my informed opinion on a public forum?
    Because it's pretty obvious that you don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Maitland (U/19's) 2 -1 Jaffas (U/19's)

Ive played in the ZPL for years and there are some teams that are better than New FM sides. However, I'm sure there are League One sides that would beat ZPL sides as well.
    Like every league in the world there are some good teams, and some shits teams. That goes for NBN, New FW, ZPL, League one, League 2, all age....
    As much as I am a proponent of the quality of the ZPL this argument is pretty tedious (and has been happening for years). Its starting to give some of the ZPL clubs the reputation of being constant whingers (rightly or wrongly), and I don't want all ZPL clubs to be lumped in that basket.

Hooray, great to see someone bring some sense to this thread, all teams can show what they have got when the season starts. What all clubs should be asking is why football in the Hunter has not progressed in the last 20 years other than to create well paid jobs for people with seemingly no KPI's as to job performance and results.

Banned
    THE West Wallsend Bluebells are here to stay.

That was the message last night as the short and long-term future of the third oldest soccer club in northern NSW was addressed at the Museum Hotel, a stone’s throw away from the Bluebells’ home ground, Johnston Park.

See your ad here

About 50 past and present players and supporters attended the meeting, called by Northern NSW Football and the club to form a working group devoted to saving the Bluebells.

The Herald reported last Wednesday that the club, formed in 1891 by Scottish miners, appeared on the brink of expulsion from the second-tier, first division competition.

With only 26 players on their books for three grades and head coach Greg Smith walking out, West Wallsend were given until tonight to have 40 registered players, a first-grade coach and produce 2013 financial records and a 2014 budget to show they are a viable club.

However, their place in the competition seems assured after a positive meeting last night when the club laid bare their troubles and sought help for a sustainable future.

The help came in the form of incoming NNSWF club development officer Ross Hicks, a former Wallsend club president, who will chair a working group made up of six volunteers.

The group, consisting of a player, a resident, parents and a junior club representative, will work in the coming months on building a sustainable senior club.

Club secretary Evan Gardiner addressed the meeting, saying the club had debts of $8700 and faced tough times for the next few seasons as it tried to extinguish the burden.

However, Gardiner, who received warm applause for his efforts in keeping the club alive, said the Bluebells had gained great support from NNSWF and the football community to reach 38 registered players.

‘‘There’s two more down here,’’ someone in the crowd said.

With the player quota reached, Gardiner said the next target was finding a first-grade coach.

Although down to coach the under 19s, Gardiner said he would take on the top role to ensure the club stayed in first division this season.

‘‘There are probably 10 players who have first-grade experience and six or seven of those are up to the standard,’’ Gardiner told the Herald before the meeting.

‘‘The biggest thing is the coach. We have three or four experienced players who are not willing to commit and if we had an experienced coach, hopefully they would step forward.’’

He thanked the players who had stuck by the club, saying this season was ‘‘not going to be easy’’ and the group knew ‘‘there was going to be cash flow problems at three or four points during the season’’.

NNSWF chief executive David Eland also addressed the meeting, saying the federation was committed to helping the historic club and ensuring a strong pathway for junior talent in the town.

‘‘We want players who want to play for West Wallsend, not just get paid to play for West Wallsend,’’ Eland said.
    Out of curiosity why are blokes getting paid to play in the NEW FM level??

Seems crazy and a source of concern that blokes playing at such a low level actually earn money to play. Maybe if clubs weren't paying players clubs like Westy wouldn't be in as much trouble??

Fairly certain players getting paid is all the way down to ZL3. I know Mayfield Juniors do. However, from what I've heard it's for attending training, functions and matches. I believe that by the end of the season you'll have earned your rego and a little bit back.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Fairly certain players getting paid is all the way down to ZL3. I know Mayfield Juniors do. However, from what I've heard it's for attending training, functions and matches. I believe that by the end of the season you'll have earned your rego and a little bit back.
    And Umm is there any wonder why football in this country really struggles???

Junior Fees OTT Seniors who are shit in the grand scheme of things getting paid and Money shortages for coaching.

FFS Its all tits about face.

High time the FFA actually pulled their finger out of their arse and reformed the game across the entire code so money is actually going to areas where it should be

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

Junior Fees OTT Seniors who are shit in the grand scheme of things getting paid and Money shortages for coaching.

High time the FFA actually pulled their finger out of their arse and reformed the game across the entire code so money is actually going to areas where it should be
    You must be the most bitter **** I've ever witnessed. Why wouldn't NEWFM players be paid to play?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    You must be the most bitter **** I've ever witnessed. Why wouldn't NEWFM players be paid to play?
    I will answer that when you can at least provide some valid reasons why blokes playing in the 3rd tier (HAL>>NPL>>New FM) in a country ranked 50th or whatever in the FIFA rankings deserve to be paid to play 20 game seasons at a shoddy level of ability before a select crowd of approx. 100-200 relos mates and club mates

the fact that you have to pay to watch it is bad enough.

Tbh, I agree. No junior side should subsidise the seniors. The only money the seniors should get is the leftover money after the bills are paid, the coaches have correct licenses and the future of the club is secured. There should also be an investment in the junior sides as well. If all that occurs, good on them!

A player only plays for a few years. Coaches can affect generations of players. Seems like the coaches are a better investment than the players in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by LINGERA View Post
    the fact that you have to pay to watch it is bad enough.
    Can't be any worse than the jets IMO.
    Last edited by Thomas477; 04-03-2014 at 07:34 PM.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

I will answer that when you can at least provide some valid reasons why blokes playing in the 3rd tier (HAL>>NPL>>New FM) in a country ranked 50th or whatever in the FIFA rankings deserve to be paid to play 20 game seasons at a shoddy level of ability before a select crowd of approx. 100-200 relos mates and club mates
    I like to think of it this way, no matter the competition. If a player is paid $100 for a win, entry fee to the game is $5. Is that player of good enough quality that he drew a minimum of twenty paying spectators to the game he played.

If not the club is effectively giving away money for questionable return.

Now aside from NBN I truely doubt many clubs are drawing fully paying crowds of 280-300 just to cover a single home game win. Not forgetting a club receives no income for away wins.

If a NewFm club paid nothing more than $100 win (no other bonuses, no registrations paid for players etc) and wins 12 of its 21 games, to cover those costs by paying spectators it would need to average over 300 for every home game. Having seen quite a few NewFM games last season I really doubt that is a realistic goal.

Players are obviously not providing an equal value of entertainment to what they are being paid, and while clubs continue to pander to amateur players wallets facilities will be ignored, long term financial plans will be lacking and investment in their local juniors will be lacking.

**** rugby union blokes i know almost get a walk in to there first grade comp and get payed alot!

theres like 30 ****ing divsions in soccer 'football'

2nd tier is alright. still top 5 percent of adult soccer players

theres only like 4 divisions in rugby league and all there 1st local tier gets payed so thats at least top 25 percent getting payed?

people tend to forget how many people play soccer and take it seriously.

I get where you guys are coming from re player payments and how crucial junior development is but in regards to not paying newfm or zpl players while sounding good in context,wouldnt work for the majority of clubs.Say your at a newfm club and have invested in quality coaches in the junior ranks, have developed several quality players in the 15-16 ages.You approach them saying you want them to continue in the senior ranks but can never offer them squat. Some NBN team comes along with money in hand and the chance to play at a higher level. They jump at the chance and you are happy that they have the chance to advance.But if this happens year after year the only chance your club has of advancing is to bring some quality players in and how do you do that without coin?I think you'll find Lakes were promoted with money signings as were Adamstown and next year probably Maitland.I agree there are players getting much more money than they deserve but realistically this aint going to change
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

For the record seldom, I'm not saying player payments shouldn't happen, but they should only be from the profits. Paying players and then complaining about having to pay for coaches to get their licenses etc shouldn't be an excuse.

And as for developing youth, I think you'll find in the next few years, the NPL pps will be causing a lot of young players to stay at their current clubs.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

i can assure that with local rugby league 1st grade and reserves get payed if you make it on the field.
    most a grade clubs pay players and even most b grade sides do.

so that is essentially from nbn to zpl.

Who gives a flying F what Handegg does last time I checked this was a Football forum.
    If Club's can't afford to Upgrade Facilities, pay for Coaches Education or Subsidize Junior Registration fees then Club's cannot afford to pay Senior player's.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!