Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone Premier League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Welcome to the small world of Newcastle Football. Like it or not every club is in competition for the small pool of talent, what is a joke is you expecting everyone to be nice about it. Sorry but that's not how a "Competition" works.
    The joke is that clubs get some money and do not have the infrustructure in order to make it work long time. I am sure they will probably eventually advertise. But Cooks Hill are a case in point. They have the club capable of filling the minor grades. With recruiting players for their senior team. Has nothing to do with small pool of talent.
    Of course Wallsend have worked hard in order to make this happen. But to rely on players from other clubs to fill their roster is not a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by United View Post
    The joke is that clubs get some money and do not have the infrustructure in order to make it work long time. I am sure they will probably eventually advertise. But Cooks Hill are a case in point. They have the club capable of filling the minor grades. With recruiting players for their senior team. Has nothing to do with small pool of talent.
    Of course Wallsend have worked hard in order to make this happen. But to rely on players from other clubs to fill their roster is not a good start.
    They advertised trials, what's the problem?
    I noticed you haven't gone into the club notice thread and had a sook to every club in there advertising trials. To me it sounds like sour grapes on your behalf
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Wallsend are doing what every club does this time of year.
    Interesting that you are singling one club out for this, didn't make the cut there or something United?
    Last edited by Football life; 17-10-2014 at 05:32 PM.

Pretty sure most of the NPL, NEWFM, ZPL and ZL teams hold trials for at least some of their teams/grades.

Cooks Hill recruited along the way, however, they have relatively low turnover. Could be something to
    do with management and cheap beer

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    They advertised trials, what's the problem?
    I noticed you haven't gone into the club notice thread and had a sook to every club in there advertising trials. To me it sounds like sour grapes on your behalf
    No sour grapes or a sook. Just stating the obvious and I have no need to go to the club notice thread. Nor would I go there. Been around way to long to see clubs fail

Cardiff lad here.
    Been a while since ive been able to post.
    We made a decision to bring in youth to build for the future. Obviously while we were competitive in some ways it was a building year.
    If we are to be demoted we would take it on the chin and move on.
    Although there has been extreme circumstances before in Zone league.
    What I would like to know is if you take Kahibah, Wallsend and Cookers up and Cardiff go down does that not leave only 6 places in Zpl. Are there four better teams to fill the void?
    Don't get me started over how many teams should be in comps.
    I'm sure Bero will come up and I believe Suburbs as well. Who's next?
    While I've also heard people ask about Zpl to Newfm can someone please tell me exactly cost of entry to new fm v Zpl
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
    Cardiff lad here.
    Been a while since ive been able to post.
    We made a decision to bring in youth to build for the future. Obviously while we were competitive in some ways it was a building year.
    If we are to be demoted we would take it on the chin and move on.
    Although there has been extreme circumstances before in Zone league.
    What I would like to know is if you take Kahibah, Wallsend and Cookers up and Cardiff go down does that not leave only 6 places in Zpl. Are there four better teams to fill the void?
    Don't get me started over how many teams should be in comps.
    I'm sure Bero will come up and I believe Suburbs as well. Who's next?
    While I've also heard people ask about Zpl to Newfm can someone please tell me exactly cost of entry to new fm v Zpl
    Cheers
    No one, i know you came last but there is no one better to fill the spot than cardiff. You have been a strong club for a long time, your team was probably just abit in-experienced this year gone. I know you still came last but i think it would be hugely harsh for them to relegate you and bring in say 4 other teams. The teams that came 3rd and 4th in ZL1 certainly dont deserve it more than you!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    No one, i know you came last but there is no one better to fill the spot than cardiff. You have been a strong club for a long time, your team was probably just abit in-experienced this year gone. I know you still came last but i think it would be hugely harsh for them to relegate you and bring in say 4 other teams. The teams that came 3rd and 4th in ZL1 certainly dont deserve it more than you!
    I would tend to agree with that sentiment. with the promotion of 3 clubs surely Cardiff will stay in ZPL.
    Id say these very questions will be asked on Wednesday at the Zone Football meeting (probably no answers tho)

So Zone League meeting tonight I wonder what will be on the agenda.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

33 Zone League teams left from last year - will be interesting to see the structure

Quote Originally Posted by Leftback at Home View Post
    33 Zone League teams left from last year - will be interesting to see the structure
    40 teams in total
    10 teams per league

3 spots for ZPL with 4 applicants apparently

That works out well if all leagues are 10 teams from NPL down to ZL3 (with the exception of that wacky NEWFM).

Quote Originally Posted by pagey85 View Post
    40 teams in total
    10 teams per league

3 spots for ZPL with 4 applicants apparently
    Said would know by tomorrow or next week. Not sure if that means we all get to know. I thought Cardiff were safe with the 3 teams going. Be interesting to see who makes the cut

Said would know by tomorrow or next week. Not sure if that means we all get to know. I thought Cardiff were safe with the 3 teams going. Be interesting to see who makes the cut
    My bet would be Cardiff, Bero and Garden Suburbs...Suns to just miss out (im just guessing they are the 4 that have applied)

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    My bet would be Cardiff, Bero and Garden Suburbs...Suns to just miss out (im just guessing they are the 4 that have applied)
    My understanding is that Bero are already included as they won promotion
    so 3 other teams

i think the 4 teams are suburbs, suns, cardiff and maybe morisset?
    i have absolutely nothing to back that up tho

Quote Originally Posted by pagey85 View Post
    My understanding is that Bero are already included as they won promotion
    so 3 other teams

i think the 4 teams are suburbs, suns, cardiff and maybe morisset?
    i have absolutely nothing to back that up tho
    I'm pretty sure thats correct..

The way they worded it was Bero are automatic up and Cardiff down. Loose three to New Fm that leaves three positions with four applicants I believe. Of which Cardiff, Suburbs and Morisset are known as all mentioned before. I had no idea of the fourth but I see Suns have been mentioned. Cardiff and Suburbs (spoke to them zone meeting) arent counting on anything as yet. Anything and everything could happen.

Confirmed by the boss man that Cardiff stay in ZPL.Beresfield, garden Suburbs and Suns promoted from ZL1.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    Confirmed by the boss man that Cardiff stay in ZPL.Beresfield, garden Suburbs and Suns promoted from ZL1.
    quite looking forward to the ZPL next year.

Is Burty staying with Bero next year?