Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone Premier League Thread

In relation to the draw etc no one from The New Lambton Eagles FC will be commenting until we can get some clarification from the relevant parties ( ie/ Newcastle football and Newcastle city council). Of course everyone has the right to speculate about it all, but it will be just that...At least it gives you blokes something to talk about in the off season hey.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    it was emailed to clubs today - contact your club if you want it

Did barnsley play weston last night?

Alder Park could be interesting. HCCF have been using the ground for at least the past 2 years to play comp games on Saturdays at 1 & 3 respectively. If New Lambton had to play their games on Saturdsy, that'll cause issues.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    No different to when Cardiff played in hillsborough I would think
    A hell of a lot different I think, they returned to Cardiff as soon as a ground became available didn't they.........so the comparison is ???????

The point is they still played there,

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    The point is they still played there,
    the point is that they went there as they had no other ground and returned as soon as they were given the chance!!!!!end of story.......

lets not get into a stoush about who's playing where, etc as that will ultimately lead to my other favourite subject $$$$$ in lower divisions, buying comps to go nowhere, dropping divisions because $$ cant be sustained, etc, etc, etc....if that happens I will more than likely get barred again.......as someone else will bite......cheers

Wallsend travelled to Coffs to play Coffs United in a trial game.
    Ressies 3-2 Coffs
    Firsts 4-3 Wallsend

Quote Originally Posted by lafootball View Post
    Wallsend travelled to Coffs to play Coffs United in a trial game.
    Ressies 3-2 Coffs
    Firsts 4-3 Wallsend
    Sounds like it May have been good match up for a state cup game any match reports?

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Did barnsley play weston last night?
    Yes Barnsley got beaten 8/1 Weston very very sharp

Barnsley vs cessnock
    1st: 4-2 Barnsley
    Res: 1-0 (I think) cessnock
    3rd: 4-1 or 4-0 Cessnock

Another poor performance by a newfm team. Defiantly the zpl will be a far stronger comp, good to see.

Has anyone else heard that westy are getting the punt?

Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Another poor performance by a newfm team. Defiantly the zpl will be a far stronger comp, good to see.

Has anyone else heard that westy are getting the punt?
    Topdog I tend to agree that the ZPL will be a more competitive league than NewFM , it always is to be honest as there tends to only be two (perhaps the odd occasion 3) teams that fight for the title in NewFM and in ZPL their is always 3,4 or 5 teams that could potentially win it.

NewFM has always had a few teams in it that would not in my opinion challange for ZPL title if relegated , but please dont for a second think that ZPL does not have a few stinking teams also and that across the whole league its a better quality league . In my opinion that simply is not the case.

The simple answer is relax the criteria a little and give these ambitious ZPL teams a chance to push the bottome half of the NewFM back to a level they would be more comfortable in.

I would however love to see the restriction on ZPL teams gaining entry into NewFM lifted as it would soon sort itself out and I would expect a strong Cooks Hill , Wallsend (apologies for any other ambitious clubs I have missed) etc to make more of an impact on NewFM than some of the current clubs who add nothing to the NewFM comp.

Quote Originally Posted by NewFM 2014 View Post
    Topdog I tend to agree that the ZPL will be a more competitive league than NewFM , it always is to be honest as there tends to only be two (perhaps the odd occasion 3) teams that fight for the title in NewFM and in ZPL their is always 3,4 or 5 teams that could potentially win it.

NewFM has always had a few teams in it that would not in my opinion challange for ZPL title if relegated , but please dont for a second think that ZPL does not have a few stinking teams also and that across the whole league its a better quality league . In my opinion that simply is not the case.

The simple answer is relax the criteria a little and give these ambitious ZPL teams a chance to push the bottome half of the NewFM back to a level they would be more comfortable in.

I would however love to see the restriction on ZPL teams gaining entry into NewFM lifted as it would soon sort itself out and I would expect a strong Cooks Hill , Wallsend (apologies for any other ambitious clubs I have missed) etc to make more of an impact on NewFM than some of the current clubs who add nothing to the NewFM comp.
    Totally agree,
    I think the top 3 ZPL teams swapping with the bottom 3 New FM teams would make New FM a lot stronger competition, that's for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Totally agree,
    I think the top 3 ZPL teams swapping with the bottom 3 New FM teams would make New FM a lot stronger competition, that's for sure!
    if you saw last year they were all good. adding wallsend and dropping warnersbay. it will be an even tighter comp. I honestly believe youd promote more than 3. Valo, belswans,maitland and maybe one other would stay in newfm you'd replace the rest with ambitious zpl teams which would only build teams with even more quality if promoted!

Totally agree,
    To be fair with trial results I think it's more then the top 3 teams. I think nnsw needs to have a look. So far cardiff cooks Barnsley getting results as well as Dudley pushing teams.

Totally agree,
    Not sure that is the answer.
    The problem is the structure of the comp , not having a reserve grade, not enough teams etc, clubs promoted would struggle to attract players just as the clubs there are having.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenz View Post
    Barnsley vs cessnock
    1st: 4-2 Barnsley
    Res: 1-0 (I think) cessnock
    3rd: 4-1 or 4-0 Cessnock
    Barnsley look like they have managed to keep the same squad plus add a couple of other very quality players.
    That big new striker will cause a lot of teams trouble this season!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    To be fair with trial results I think it's more then the top 3 teams. I think nnsw needs to have a look. So far cardiff cooks Barnsley getting results as well as Dudley pushing teams.
    dont forget uni last years winners, wallsend did well to beat a state league side and there real strong too, mayfield good last year also!

Quote Originally Posted by oneeye View Post
    Not sure that is the answer.
    The problem is the structure of the comp , not having a reserve grade, not enough teams etc, clubs promoted would struggle to attract players just as the clubs there are having.
    yeah true your right all the age restrictions crap. Only sport in australia that does age restrictions so badley. Its beyond a joke.
    Zpl's the highest league without all that bullshit. No wonder its punching above its weight. Maybe that should tell people something!