Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone Premier League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    would prefer to rely on the word of darthmuller who WAS on the field.Just goes to show that your players are either deaf or handle the truth very carelessly.The words relayed by darth are exactly what I heard from another source who was on the field-not the referee.My last comment on this subject.
    Like I said you weren't there just relying on a bit of hear say. Shows you have no idea. Myself being there and hearing it for myself talking to all parties involved including the ref just makes my point more correct. Anyway you just keep protecting your prescious refs now they need it with the shit displays they're putting in this year. Also how could you take darths word of what happened his from wallsend I'm supprized he could even spell the words he mistakingly thought he heard

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs 1962 View Post
    I'm supprized he could even spell the words he mistakingly thought he heard

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Ever reffed bulldog?
    By that, I mean participated in a official referees coaching course where you actually have to know the laws of the game and put them into practice?

Do you go to work and get called a f-ing joke? A f-ing c-***? Do you complain at a restaurant when they get your order wrong and call them those words?

What makes it acceptable on a patch of grass?
    If you don't want a ref, ask not to have one, I'm sure there's a heap of team that would kill for a ref on a weekend.
    These blokes and girls, give up their time to give something back and enable others to play the game?

I concede, referees can make some horrible decisions. You see it in every code. Every game. What's one big reason that causes the problem? Lack of referees. If you get 100 players trial for your team, chances are your gonna end up with a better team than if 11 blokes rocked up. Why don't we have enough? A lot join at 14-16 and start reffing 6s or now 12s or something and the abuse they get at this level is appalling. I reffed a 12G grade game and my linesmen got abused for pretty much entire second half and after the game because the spectators didn't know the offside rule. I agree that not always is swearing a send off. Common sense is needed sometimes. If I was sworn at I would move away and ask him to come and talk. This gives the offender 10-20 metres to choose the outcome. If he walks over in a civil way and would like an explanation I'm more than happy to give my interpretation of what happened the way I saw it. I can understand passion and frustration, but if I were to be abused after this I would caution for dissent. However every referee has a different approach just like every player is different. Referees don't abuse players for missing shots or giving away a pass.

As a player, I asked for consistency within the game. Referees do have room for improvement it must be said. The standard has dropped over the last 5 years, in my opinion.
    +1 great post.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by gny View Post
    What's lambtons ground like with water? Haha
    Lambton play in the NPL. If you are referring to New Lambton, their ground looks to be pretty much the same as most clubs with water (since nearly all games were called off this weekend).

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs 1962 View Post
    Like I said you weren't there just relying on a bit of hear say. Shows you have no idea. Myself being there and hearing it for myself talking to all parties involved including the ref just makes my point more correct. Anyway you just keep protecting your prescious refs now they need it with the shit displays they're putting in this year. Also how could you take darths word of what happened his from wallsend I'm supprized he could even spell the words he mistakingly thought he heard
    You might want to have a look at your own grammar before correcting others.

So you believe nothing was said to the referee and that he just "spur of the moment" warranted 2 of your players Red Cards?

P.s. I'm not from Wallsend, I only play for them. Unfortunately for you, you are from Barnsley.

Quote Originally Posted by darthmuller View Post
    Unfortunately for you, you are from Barnsley.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Dudley vs Uni
    1st 1-4
    Res 0-2
    3rd 2-4

To be honest I was very surprised that we got on, only to be even more surprised at the state of Lydon Oval. It was as good as I've seen it, even after all the rain we've had. There were some wet spots in the corners but other than that the field was tip top.

I'm not sure what has happened to Dudley, won the first 5 games, then lost the last 4. I didn't feel like we played that well, missed a bucket load of chances, but it still felt like a comfortable win.

Quote Originally Posted by darthmuller View Post
    You might want to have a look at your own grammar before correcting others.

So you believe nothing was said to the referee and that he just "spur of the moment" warranted 2 of your players Red Cards?

P.s. I'm not from Wallsend, I only play for them. Unfortunately for you, you are from Barnsley.
    Hook line and sinker, is the expression i would use here, haha

I never said nothing was said I just stated that the wording your inferring was used is incorrect.

I do feel sorry for you though as you not being from wallsend, and still choosing to play for them makes you worse then someone from there. Or are you just one of there hired guns they're paying to try and finish just above relegation

^^^ wow. Tell ur story walking pal! You are not only embarrassing yourself
    but the club ur from.. At least the boys at wallsend are trying to get a great club back to the top. Everyone I've spoken to has been excited about Wallsend working their way back to NBN with players like Owen Mostyn, Kyle Macorig, Zac Douglas to name a few.. They have respect from all of Newcastle when it comes to football. yeh they pay some "guns" there but the boys there have the clubs future in mind. They haven't promised the world, but I guarantee they'll be in nbn in the next few years. Something you'll never have any idea about. 👌
    As for the w.e.. You only have yourselves to blame. Show some respect for the people that give their time to referee, good or bad. There is always next week 👍
    Last edited by lafootball; 09-06-2014 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lafootball View Post
    ^^^ wow. Tell ur story walking pal! You are not only embarrassing yourself
    but the club ur from.. At least the boys at wallsend are trying to get a great club back to the top. Everyone I've spoken to has been excited about Wallsend working their way back to NBN with players like Owen Mostyn, Kyle Macorig, Zac Douglas to name a few.. They have respect from all of Newcastle when it comes to football. yeh they pay some "guns" there but the boys there have the clubs future in mind. They haven't promised the world, but I guarantee they'll be in nbn in the next few years. Something you'll never have any idea about. 👌
    As for the w.e.. You only have yourselves to blame. Show some respect for the people that give their time to referee, good or bad. There is always next week 👍
    People like you make it to easy on this forum to get bites. I'm not embarrassed about anything I've written on here. How could my club be embarrased about what we've achieved as we have won everyone of our promotions and have done it all through the hard work of the club, the committee and especially all the players who play there for the club and the good times nothing else.
    Who cares if they make NBN which I doubt will happen in the very near future as you state. It's still just park football

***Discussion finished on this one***

I was disappointed that circumstances right or not effectively ended a competitive game. Bet it happens in the world cup but at least I can hit FF and move on to the next.

Also, Make sure we post up catchup games.

geez
    Last edited by hawk; 09-06-2014 at 05:43 PM.

Sounds like an interesting day at Barnsley.
    Seriously what is going on out there with the inconsistancy? I cant remember the last time i saw a team like this. When they play they are the best team in the competition but they only seem to do it every second week
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Bulldogs1962 makes a huge deal over the wording of the alleged dissent, and tells everyone they're wrong, but won't say what he believes to be the real words spoken

Whatever were the exact words of the alleged dissent on the weekend, it seems that the ref, as well as at least this darthmuller guy, thought it was "OFFINABUS"-style dissent, and deserved a red. If it wasn't that bad, maybe the Barnsley guy(s) shouldn't have been as silly as to make it seem to most other people that it in fact was that bad. If the Barnsley guy(s) just resumed their positions, and didn't say anything directed at a player or ref, nothing would have happened. Barnsley over the years have been successful, and can play great football, but do have a reputation of having a short temper. I've personally been involved in an abandoned game due to said temper. Maybe other than wasting time blaming refs for this & that, they shouldn't put themselves in the position of even deserving a yellow card for dissent, etc.

Also as much as outsider has a ref-biased view, I don't think I've ever seen him (even in this circumstance) say that the refs are or were fault-free. Outsider is a ref inspector. As in, he is given the task of assessing what the refs did right and wrong. And his notepad is never empty - I've seen him doing his job first-hand. Yes, refs make mistakes. No, outsider has never said they don't. All he did in this specific scenario was highlight that how the ref (and others) took the incident(s), by the rules it is red card worthy.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I've personally been involved in an abandoned game due to said temper.
    I believe i watched this game and from memory that said temper was sparked by quite a bad and unneccesary challenge by a Westlakes player. I dont think its right to bring up a match a few years ago as a way to get a point across so lets not get too caught up in the past, it doesnt matter.
    I believe since that time though, the club committee and coaching staff have changed, for the better, and they are working their way through any issues. I have no doubt the people running the club will not stand for what has happened on the weekend even if some of it was thought to be harsh.

Discipline was obviously a problem for them on the weekend, but every club has weeks where discpline can be problem though.

Unfortunately Bulldog has not helped the situation, every teams comes across refs thats have "shocking" games and make mistakes, they are human after all. The fact is you just have to suck it up regardless of how bad you/anyone/everyone thinks it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotline View Post
    Dudley vs Uni
    1st 1-4
    Res 0-2
    3rd 2-4

To be honest I was very surprised that we got on, only to be even more surprised at the state of Lydon Oval. It was as good as I've seen it, even after all the rain we've had. There were some wet spots in the corners but other than that the field was tip top.

I'm not sure what has happened to Dudley, won the first 5 games, then lost the last 4. I didn't feel like we played that well, missed a bucket load of chances, but it still felt like a comfortable win.

There not short on players because they signed alot however 8 players gone to world cup 5 first graders. I guess that slides players up threw each grade.

Hence the poorer result across all grades I would say.

( that's on top of injuries but that goes without saying , all clubs are having that problem)

Is the weather from the weekend and early this week going to hurt chances of games this week?
    After all the conversation this week, i am thinking i might head to lambton to watch eagles vs barnlsey. How is Alder park holding up so far?

What have we layed down as predictions for this weekend if we get on?

WALLSEND v Cardiff
    Mayfield v UNI
    NEW LAMBTON v Barnsley
    Dudley v Swansea (draw)
    Kahibah v COOKS HILL

WALLSEND v Cardiff
    MAYFIELD v Uni
    New Lambton v Barnsley (draw)
    Dudley v SWANSEA
    Kahibah v COOKS HILL