Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone League 2 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by XRanger View Post
    Didn't get to see the game, so it could easily of been 2 all. How'd you guys score?
    We scored a pen and a free kick and it was a sly free kick. While the keeper was setting up the wall we asked the ref if we could take it without the whistle and he said so we just slotted it bottom corner while the keeper was on the other post.

Top 4 Predictions anyone?
    1st grade - Terrace 43 pts, Muswellbrook 42pts, Beresfield 40pts, Stockton 34 pts
    Res grade - Hamilton 44 pts, Charlestown 34 pts, Beresfield 33 pts, Terrace 30 pts
    Last edited by RANGER09; 22-07-2014 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER09 View Post
    Top 4 Predictions anyone?
    1st grade - Terrace 43 pts, Muswellbrook 42pts, Beresfield 40pts, Stockton 34 pts
    Res grade - Hamilton 44 pts, Charlestown 34 pts, Beresfield 33 pts, Terrace 30 pts
    I'm going to say Terrace are the front runners as they have a pretty easy run home. I predicted a couple of rounds ago they were in danger of missing the four but they proved me wrong with wins over bero and hamo. Now they are in the box seat. Bero have a superior goal difference however but I think they play mussy and stocko with probably needing to take maximum points. Important game on sat with Mussy v Stocko. I think Mussy are now safely in the 4 and we will be looking for the 3 points to all but join them. Hamo need some big slip ups above them and need to take max points from their final 3 games. They might start looking towards Reserve grade glory if they dont get max points over the next round or two. I think thats a pretty unbiased prediction?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    I'm going to say Terrace are the front runners as they have a pretty easy run home. I predicted a couple of rounds ago they were in danger of missing the four but they proved me wrong with wins over bero and hamo. Now they are in the box seat. Bero have a superior goal difference however but I think they play mussy and stocko with probably needing to take maximum points. Important game on sat with Mussy v Stocko. I think Mussy are now safely in the 4 and we will be looking for the 3 points to all but join them. Hamo need some big slip ups above them and need to take max points from their final 3 games. They might start looking towards Reserve grade glory if they dont get max points over the next round or two. I think thats a pretty unbiased prediction?
    Spot on Wilso!!

Hopefully we aren't playing each other in the last round for both minor premiership and a spot in the four. To say it would be a fiery clash at Tarro park would be an understatement haha

After playing bero twice, I doubt they will drop points again, would love to be proved wrong.

Rd 16
    Merewether v Terrace
    Charlestown v Medowie
    Stockton v Muswellbrook
    Hamilton v University
    Beresfield v Plattsburg

Rd 16
    Merewether v Terrace
    Charlestown v Medowie
    Stockton v Muswellbrook
    Hamilton v University
    Beresfield v Plattsburg
    You've got 1/1. Beresfield to win 3-0.

Plattsy have forfeited first grade.

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post

not what you need going into a spare weekend & finals coming up, what was the reason behind the forfiet?

not what you need going into a spare weekend & finals coming up, what was the reason behind the forfiet?
    News is, it's back on. They've got 14 for the day.

bero -7.5 $1.70

at least you get a run, i think if they forfiet a game it would have to be the lower grade not first grade?

from zone rules & regulations

(d) The LOWEST grade is the only ZFL grade that may be forfeited when Player
    numbers are insufficient (eg for P & L1, third grade; for L2 & L3 reserve grade). In an extreme case a Club may forfeit all three grades; but it may not forfeit eg reserves when first and third play.

Why don't plattsy take a leaf out of medowies book and just play both games

Shame really. They are a different team playing on a Sunday. So much more competitive

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Shame really. They are a different team playing on a Sunday. So much more competitive
    Any update on the weather at Stockton? Are we looking like playing tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by thephenom View Post
    Any update on the weather at Stockton? Are we looking like playing tomorrow?
    Puddles everywhere at the ground now

Not a bad result for the Eagles if it's a washout. Missing a bunch of first graders. Lol. Carn the rain!!!!

Geez more rain coming, see how it looks in the morning
    Carn Dreaded, I picked last 2 rounds you can't let me down this weekend lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Dreaded Keeper View Post
    Not a bad result for the Eagles if it's a washout. Missing a bunch of first graders. Lol. Carn the rain!!!!
    Hook line and sinker

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken ranger View Post
    Puddles everywhere at the ground now
    Confirmation that stockton game is a wash out anyone?