Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone League 2 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 75wrdna View Post
    Anyone got any idea the official amount of yellows til suspension?
    Just wait till they catch you lol

What's everyone's favourite player of the year this season (not your own club) and also your favourite team to beat and why

Favorite player was probably Lez before he left the Terrace. His speed and power are phenomenal in this division, and he's also a funny prick.

Not my fav team to beat but my fav win this year was vs Terrace at The Nest. It was our first night game on our ground ever, and we had a pretty good turnout. Cars flashing lights and beeping and cheering at the end made it feel like a GF. Was a tough game, and our clubs best looking bloke scored the winner too, an ex-Ranger no less. The Terrace boys couldn't stop him that night!!!

We were pretty quite after that header dreaded keeper haha

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken ranger View Post
    What's everyone's favourite player of the year this season (not your own club) and also your favourite team to beat and why
    Classiest player in my opinion would be Chris Matthews (charly).
    Best player Steven Krause before his season ended.
    Bero the prettiest to watch knock the ball around.

Has anyone heard the rumour of an ID4 next year? From what I hear it is to be 1 grade only and is to act as a third grade for ID2 / ID3 teams only as a "combined comp" So if for eg if Merewether in ID2 had a third team and Mayfield in ID3 had a third team they would both be in ID4.
    Obviously there would be some logistical issues it seems but scheduling would, where ever possible, mean all 3 grades played at home on the same day. Better chance of refs!
    I like it, some wrinkles to iron out but I reckon that we could fill a genuine third grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    Has anyone heard the rumour of an ID4 next year? From what I hear it is to be 1 grade only and is to act as a third grade for ID2 / ID3 teams only as a "combined comp" So if for eg if Merewether in ID2 had a third team and Mayfield in ID3 had a third team they would both be in ID4.
    Obviously there would be some logistical issues it seems but scheduling would, where ever possible, mean all 3 grades played at home on the same day. Better chance of refs!
    I like it, some wrinkles to iron out but I reckon that we could fill a genuine third grade.
    Could also be a good transition for all-age teams.

Is this extension of ID comps be a way for nnswf to get more revenue through team rego etc?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Could also be a good transition for all-age teams.

Is this extension of ID comps be a way for nnswf to get more revenue through team rego etc?
    FFA & Northern get the same be it playing Zone or All Age , the Associations run Zone Leagues so unless they make a difference in the amounts they charge an adult between Zone and ALL Age it won't change anyones finances just be a help to clubs that have enough extra players to make up a third team and don't want to send them away or be forced to lose them because they can't offer them enough game time.

It sounds like a good idea for the clubs that can, and for even smaller clubs say a South Wallsend Juniors for example to take that first step up from ALL Age to Zone in a manageable step with one grade.

Quote Originally Posted by curious_fan View Post
    FFA & Northern get the same be it playing Zone or All Age , the Associations run Zone Leagues so unless they make a difference in the amounts they charge an adult between Zone and ALL Age it won't change anyones finances just be a help to clubs that have enough extra players to make up a third team and don't want to send them away or be forced to lose them because they can't offer them enough game time.

It sounds like a good idea for the clubs that can, and for even smaller clubs say a South Wallsend Juniors for example to take that first step up from ALL Age to Zone in a manageable step with one grade.
    I don't understand, wouldn't ID4's be weaker tha all age A's! What's the purpose?

Any one have any idea where the gf is going to be and if it will be on the saturday or sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by Creepin10 View Post
    Any one have any idea where the gf is going to be and if it will be on the saturday or sunday?
    ZONE LEAGUE TWO

Venue: Johnston Park, West Wallsend

Date: Sunday, 7 September 2014

Times: Reserve Grade 12:45pm and 1st Grade – 3:00pm

Beating Olympic at Olympic with only 5 first graders to do the warm up the other 6 players backed up from regies.a good win for a depleted side players stood up and showed heart.classiest player Olympics striker was quality however I haven't played all sides this year due to injury.
    Charley not a great year but due to key season ending injuries very depleted and first grade being filled with reserve players that were missing out on a run all together when the squad was full strength.

Rd 18
    Medowie v Terrace
    Hamilton v Muswellbrook
    Beresfield v Stockton
    Charlestown v University
    Merewether v Plattsburg

Stockton to beat beresfield at home? Is that a serious prediction or just a hope?

Big weekend ahead lads , good luck to all. The spotlight this weekend has to be on Stockton. With our lads resting a few players with injuries , work , holidays etc. It will almost gift Hamilton an easy home game. So I guess we'll all have to wait and see the outcome of the Stockton V Beresfield game to see who makes the 4. Once again good luck to all and bring on the semis!

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER09 View Post
    Rd 18
    Medowie v Terrace
    Hamilton v Muswellbrook
    Beresfield v Stockton
    Charlestown v University
    Merewether v Plattsburg
    Unlikely for us mate , we have a heap out. 6 or 7 I think , will be a good day to be the home team lol.

Quote Originally Posted by thephenom View Post
    Unlikely for us mate , we have a heap out. 6 or 7 I think , will be a good day to be the home team lol.
    I would of picked Olympic anyway, I think they will have all hands on deck in firsts this week

Bero will fold under pressure

Quote Originally Posted by gny View Post
    Bero will fold under pressure
    Hopefully a good clean game, so we don't have to read about it all week lol.

Members of our club (dudley id3) have sparked the talk of combined id2/id3 third grade or simply id4 single grade.

I put in a post on id3 page with what I know if anyones
    Interested have a look and add any thoughts.