Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Zone League 2 Thread

Textbook Lez popping one into the top corner!!!!

Cheers Berbs.

Ladder still shows no Beresfield in 1st grade, have they let you guys know when this will be fixed up?

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER09 View Post
    Ladder still shows no Beresfield in 1st grade, have they let you guys know when this will be fixed up?
    No idea mate. We're flying under the radar lol.
    Last edited by namwob99; 14-04-2014 at 09:29 AM.

Lol they just hiding the points to give everyone esle a chance to catch up to them and Olympic they are the teams to beat I think we will lucky to make the 4

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken ranger View Post
    Lol they just hiding the points to give everyone esle a chance to catch up to them and Olympic they are the teams to beat I think we will lucky to make the 4
    Bahahahaha. You guys definitely the team to beat. We've got a lot of improving to do if we want to compete.

I think most people I've spoken to have picked Terrace as the team to beat. I hear Bero is really sharp though and I reckon Stockton will do some damage too. Hamilton never fields a poor team and Uni are really handy every year. Charlie won the GF last year and we won the comp. Can't wait to see the table in 12 rounds and see how it's turning out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dreaded Keeper View Post
    I think most people I've spoken to have picked Terrace as the team to beat. I hear Bero is really sharp though and I reckon Stockton will do some damage too. Hamilton never fields a poor team and Uni are really handy every year. Charlie won the GF last year and we won the comp. Can't wait to see the table in 12 rounds and see how it's turning out!!!
    I think Mussy will be hard to beat again. I heard that they had 2 or 3 players play two games in their first round and a couple back up against Charlie. Not sure if they have people out or not but it will be interesting to see them at full strength.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dreaded Keeper View Post
    Charlie won the Comp last year and we won the Premiership
    FTFY

Anyone from Olympic able to shed light on how similar/different their side is from last season?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    FTFY

Anyone from Olympic able to shed light on how similar/different their side is from last season?
    I'm genuinely trying really hard to agree with you on the whole Mussy not technically winning the comp thing, but the GOLD medal hanging on up on the wall at home just won't allow it sorry man

So let me get this right. Mussy win the premiership by coming first over the regular season and they are not deemed as comp winners. But the team who came third by 11 points ( and got into semis by 1) win a few knockout games and win the gf are comp winners. Am I understanding this properly?? Maybe PV4 is still bitter from the year they came 3rd won the gf and second place was offered promotion ahead of them.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    So let me get this right. Mussy win the premiership by coming first over the regular season and they are not deemed as comp winners. But the team who came third by 11 points ( and got into semis by 1) win a few knockout games and win the gf are comp winners. Am I understanding this properly?? Maybe PV4 is still bitter from the year they came 3rd won the gf and second place was offered promotion ahead of them.
    lol which account?

debate will always rage on. premiers get plasticware & promotion gf winners get glory, metalware and sometimes promotion

Made the quick trip up the Hunter Expressway (an hour from Wallsend to Mussy!) on Sunday to watch the Muswellbrook vs Charlestown game.

Ressies: Could have gone either way. Can't remember what number he was (maybe 14?) but the Charlie striker should not be allowed past half way. Honestly, the bloke missed a plethora of chances including one from the 6 yard without a goalkeeper. Absolute coach killer. I don't know what the CBC is feeding some if those Charlie blokes but geez I haven't seen that many spare tyres getting around since since the riots in Kiev.

Firsts: Cracker of a game. Great contest between the two grand finalists from last season with Mussy starting the stronger. At 1-0 it looked like they might roll them but Charlie fought back to level things up. Once again Mussy took the lead but Charlie got extremely lucky when a back pass from a Mussy defender got stuck in the long grass providing an absolute gimme for Matthews (I think) to slot into an empty net. The game looked destined for a draw until the ref gave a dubious free kick to the home side. In what was surely one of the greatest goals I've ever seen live, The Dreaded Keeper had the audacity to slap it from a mile out into the top corner. You won't see a ball hit much cleaner, went like an absolute tracer bullet. He had no right to score from there to be honest.
    Top effort from the Muswellbrook crowd to get their team home, very vocal especially in the second half which seemed to sway the ref into giving them the majority if the decisions (to be fair, in the first half they couldn't buy a free kick with Charlie getting absolutely everything)

Shame about the length of the turf. Not sure what the council is doing up there but it wasn't good enough. It's a shame because it's one of the best pitches in the Hunter at this time of year (before the dreaded first frost hits).
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Quote Originally Posted by TXK View Post
    I'm genuinely trying really hard to agree with you on the whole Mussy not technically winning the comp thing, but the GOLD medal hanging on up on the wall at home just won't allow it sorry man

Onlooker - all Jets fans know that 1st place are the Premiers, Grand Final winners are the Champions. Even Ange Postecoglu said so.

According to the brains behind the operation, Belmont were offered promotion that year because they wrote Macquarie/Newcastle Football/NNSW a letter whereas no other clubs had the forethought to do so (legit). If any ID club is serious about gaining promotion, I implore them to do similar.

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    Made the quick trip up the Hunter Expressway (an hour from Wallsend to Mussy!)
    How good is it!?!?!?!!! Nice views too
    OK

For anyone interested:
    The catchup game between Olympic and stockton has been moved from Darling St to Corroba oval.
    Reserve grade 6.15pm
    First grade 8pm

Will be good to see how we much up against a strong Olympic team.

Quote Originally Posted by Berbs View Post
    For anyone interested:
    The catchup game between Olympic and stockton has been moved from Darling St to Corroba oval.
    Reserve grade 6.15pm
    First grade 8pm

Is this tonight

I can't believe dreaded keeper can actually score I hope to see him do it again

Quote Originally Posted by Berbs View Post
    For anyone interested:
    Reserve grade 6.15pm
    First grade 8pm
    No
    No one is interested in watching an over weight Stockton striker

any dates set for Plattsy & Charlestown catchup game??

Sorry yea it's tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken ranger View Post
    I can't believe dreaded keeper can actually score I hope to see him do it again
    Mate, was an absolute bomb! It's only round 2 and I'm already saying it won't be beaten for goal of the year. Pretty sure he scored one of the other goals too, a nice roundhouse into the bottom corner I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours