Page 81 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1903

Thread: The Music Thread

Ill just leave this here
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

I need some Primus albums.

Just listening to the new Abbey Road remasters...a bit more oomph in the drums and vocal clarity.

Haven't listened to the demos yet and don't know if I will ever hear the 5.1 mix.

https://www.thebeatles.com/album/abbey-road

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Just listening to the new Abbey Road remasters...a bit more oomph in the drums and vocal clarity.

Haven't listened to the demos yet and don't know if I will ever hear the 5.1 mix.

https://www.thebeatles.com/album/abbey-road
    I don't like the 2009 Stereo remasters. They are too compressed and somewhat unbalanced.
    I like the 2009 mono set [no Abbey Road of course]
    I enjoy Abbey Road - but it's the slick editing that makes it more so than the songs and performances.
    Sgt Pepper in mono is pretty much perfect - not a fan of the stereo version
    I like the Naked Let it Be.
    I like the 1990 rerelease of the EP's on CD - they sound great.

Do you have the three Anthology albums ? I think they are probably my favourites.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 28-09-2019 at 08:36 PM.

The Anthology albums are superb. There can't be too much demo stuff left. There is a 50th anniversary Let It Be in the pipeline and it will be interesting to see if they go down the orchestral route or not, probably do both. Hopefully knock the movie into shape too.

You mention the editing but the demos also show the band playing Side 2 in one take, showing that as a combo it still worked.

I have the Pepper 50th pack and it has the mono, the previous stereo, and a new one by Giles Martin which is much better than the previous.

Sadly talked to some 20 somethings last night who didn't know who John Lennon was.....as my earliest memory is wailing "She Loves You" in front of an old wireless I must be gettin' old!
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 29-09-2019 at 10:11 AM.

Do you have one of these to play your beatles records ?

I've heard the 2019 Abbey Road on CD. It's horrible. It's compressed and brickwalled within an inch of its life.
    No wonder CD is a dead medium when they release shit like this year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I've heard the 2019 Abbey Road on CD. It's horrible. It's compressed and brickwalled within an inch of its life.
    No wonder CD is a dead medium when they release shit like this year after year.
    We may need to hear the vinyl.....not on todays dinky turntables but a real one - my Kenwood system with proper speakers - all bought from Brian Bambach in 1981.

Seriously reckon Devy has outdone himself on Empath, easily my album of the year, crushing Opeth and Dream Theater and whatever other stuff came out that isn't worth remembering.

PS this is also the track that Chad Kroeger does some back up vocals on.
    Last edited by Grimario; 25-10-2019 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post

Seriously reckon Devy has outdone himself on Empath, easily my album of the year, crushing Opeth and Dream Theater and whatever other stuff came out that isn't worth remembering.

PS this is also the track that Chad Kroeger does some back up vocals on.
    I've left my headphones at home today..
    Will give it a listen when I can, BUT, what's that poodle-haired scrote doing on the Devy album??

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Will give it a listen when I can, BUT, what's that poodle-haired scrote doing on the Devy album??

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/...ger-scientist/
    “We met by chance, and ended up forming a friendly acquaintance,” Townsend tells us. “One thing that I would say about Chad that I think will eventually be known about him, is that he is a functioning genius, in my estimation. I think that people don’t realize how clever that guy is. And his success in a lot of ways, I believe — although what he’s writing is coming from a place of what he wants to write — I think is his ability to analyze the public and musical structures, and the ways that people react emotionally on a commercial level is such that he is almost more like a scientist than he is a rock musician.”

He continues, “And I’m fascinated by people who are clever, and specifically, when the cleverness of them is something that I can make mental notes, and refer back to my own work with. It was a godsend for me be fortunate to interact with him for a few days, because just by watching him function and by being able to ask somebody with that sort of pedigree questions that had been plaguing me about my own career, it allowed me to make decisions on Empath that I don’t know if I would have made had I not made his acquaintance.”

Very interesting..
    Allegedly he was best mates with Vinny and Dimebag from Pantera...
    As an angry young elitist metal head (back in the day), I could never understand why.. I guess this sheds some light on it..

Very interesting..
    Allegedly he was best mates with Vinny and Dimebag from Pantera...
    As an angry young elitist metal head (back in the day), I could never understand why.. I guess this sheds some light on it..
    The Abbott brothers are Texan and almost ten years older so it would seem unlikely.

Dimebag from Pantera...
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    The Abbott brothers are Texan and almost ten years older so it would seem unlikely.
    Not to mention that they made some kick ass music, and old-mate..... didnt..
    But, I just had a quick look and it seems there is some truth to them being very close mates..

One of the greatest guitarists of all time. I love Iron Maiden and Sabbath but this band took it to another level.

Ohhhhhhhh yeah Dunster...
    Now we are talking..

Did you ever see them live?

One of my brothers mates offered to take my 15 yr old arse to see them in '01, but my parents (after consulting my dick of a bro) vetoed the idea. Still hurt to this day that I missed out.

He did come home with a black eye and another had a busted hand or something. The death would have been worthwhile in my opinion tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    One of my brothers mates offered to take my 15 yr old arse to see them in '01, but my parents (after consulting my dick of a bro) vetoed the idea. Still hurt to this day that I missed out.

He did come home with a black eye and another had a busted hand or something. The death would have been worthwhile in my opinion tho.
    I was at that show in the Hordern...
    Musically, fvcking amazing... Phil however... The bloke was maggot drunk, could barely stand up let alone sing, and he kept ranting racist sh!t (I believe he even said "white power" once or twice, much to everyones disgust)...