Page 58 of 96 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1903

Thread: The Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Bloody hell..
    Good to see Agnostic Front still getting about! Would have been awesome!!
    Who did you enjoy the most?
    A lot of those old school NYHC crews still kicking along nicely,.
    Sick of It All still playing regularly, Madball (obvs a bit later) just put out a new disc).
    Last edited by idontwannaplaywithhowey; 13-08-2018 at 11:01 AM.

Anyone seen the Unify 2019 lineup thoughts??? Thinking of going myself
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Yeah Agnotistic Front was real good fun, our bar were i was working was just behind sound desk so always able to get in and watch. during set not that much to before after crazy. Beer taps basically permenantly open for the entire day.. Unfortunately I wasnt there friday night but Comeback Kid went off.

Nasty a german/belgian band was real good. and Dog Eat Dog was pretty helarious and good.

Good little niche festival but still packs some good bands over the years, basically the whole organisation volunteer work.

https://www.openairgraenichen.ch/bands/bandarchiv/
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Anyone seen the Unify 2019 lineup thoughts??? Thinking of going myself
    I just saw the lineup..
    Gotta say, I don't mean to sound negative, but personally I'm not impressed at all.. There isn't one single heavy band there that I would pay to see (Maybe Karnivool again, but I haven't heard anything since their first album)

I can see why some people would want to go, with large "mainstream heavy" bands like Underoath and Taking Back Sunday, even the Triple J popular In Hearts Wake..
    Can't believe IKTPQ are making another one-off comeback.. Crafter must be out of money or looking for more attention.. hahaha

My pet peeve is old bands getting back together when they are well past their used by date, not too mention the khunts going all nostalgic for it and paying top dollar to see such bands.

Reunions are a waste of time and space. If you didn't get to see a band in their prime you missed out - simple as that.

My advice is to get out there and discover some new bands rather than try and rehash the past.

It's just a shame punters today don't get too hear what a couple of Plexis in a small venue sound like anymore.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 10-08-2018 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    My pet peeve is old bands getting back together when they are well past their used by date, not too mention the khunts going all nostalgic for it and paying top dollar to see such bands.

Reunions are a waste of time and space. If you didn't get to see a band in their prime you missed out - simple as that.

My advice is to get out there and discover some new bands rather than try and rehash the past.

It's just a shame punters today don't get too hear what a couple of Plexis in a small venue sound like anymore.
    Agree to some extent if they have no intention to make new music or just play the same stylist for almost 10 years. (Lookin at you blink)

I just saw the lineup..
    Gotta say, I don't mean to sound negative, but personally I'm not impressed at all.. There isn't one single heavy band there that I would pay to see (Maybe Karnivool again, but I haven't heard anything since their first album)

I can see why some people would want to go, with large "mainstream heavy" bands like Underoath and Taking Back Sunday, even the Triple J popular In Hearts Wake..
    Can't believe IKTPQ are making another one-off comeback.. Crafter must be out of money or looking for more attention.. hahaha
    Yeah I've kinda decided to wait for download

Yeah I've kinda decided to wait for download
    Yeah mate, good call!!
    There should be some decent bands on that.. I'll be keeping an eye on it for sure..

Yeah mate, good call!!
    There should be some decent bands on that.. I'll be keeping an eye on it for sure..
    Yeah if Im going to a 2 day music festival I need at least 3 must see bands. Only had 4 or 5 bands Im kinda in to
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

If anyone here likes **** off heavy music would recommend two new albums by a band called frontierer who made an album called unloved and vein who made an album called errorzone

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    If anyone here likes **** off heavy music would recommend two new albums by a band called frontierer who made an album called unloved and vein who made an album called errorzone
    Will check em out..

Music good, vocals awful. Doesn't matter how good the music is, I can't ever get into something that has vocals like that.

I just saw the lineup..

Yea, 'Heavy music gathering' is a bit of a stretch for this one.
    And Crafter.....he certainly got some attention

I had a listen. They make Black Sabbath sound like a boy band for 11 year old girls.

Was pretty impressed to be honest. The sound is HUGE and the musicians are very skilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Music good, vocals awful. Doesn't matter how good the music is, I can't ever get into something that has vocals like that.
    Out of curiosity what type of vocalists do you prefer? Like who would you have liked to see over these intrumentals that would've sealed the deal for you

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I had a listen. They make Black Sabbath sound like a boy band for 11 year old girls.

Was pretty impressed to be honest. The sound is HUGE and the musicians are very skilled.
    Yeah both are insane, not everyday music but similar to code orange in that when you're in the mood for it it scratches the itch

Anyone heard of Trophy Eyes. Really getting into them atm and their from Newy

love at first sight

Yeah both are insane, not everyday music but similar to code orange in that when you're in the mood for it it scratches the itch
    Awesome stuff man!!!!
    They remind me a little bit of Car Bomb.. Bit of everything going on with them, brutal stuff..

I've heard the name, but never listened to them or seen them live.. Will go have a look now..

edit: Listened to part of one song of theirs, Friday Forever, and I'm sorry Stanny, but its not for me..
    It just sounds like U2 meets 30 Seconds To Mars..
    Good on them though, local boys doing pretty damn well for themselves by the looks of it..
    Last edited by Bon; 16-08-2018 at 11:40 AM.

had tried them in the past, listened to you can count on me recently and loved it, gave the whole album a try and it's killer

Just listened to some Vein, good pick Mark325..
    Pretty awesome stuff! Just saw they are on tour with Every Time I Die at the moment too..