Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HAL 13/14 Rd18 - Newcastle Jets v Wellington Phoenix 8/2/14 k/off 5:00pm AEDST

HAL 13/14 Rd18 - Newcastle Jets v Wellington Phoenix 8/2/14 k/off 5:00pm AEDST

Match details for here

Round 18 Preview –Newcastle Jets v Wellington Phoenix

Overall – 20 games between the two teams.
    Jets Wins – 5, Phoenix Wins – 12, Draws – 3

In Newcastle – 8 games
    Jets Wins – 3, Phoenix Wins – 4, Draws – 1

Last Result -
    Jets 0 – Phoenix 0 at McLean Park, Round 3.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiTRJAAbSoo

Biggest Win
    Jets 3 (Hoffman 12, Hoffman 20, Naidovski 84) – Phoenix 2 (Sigmund 26, Greenacre 43), Round 1, Season 5 at Energy Australia Stadium, 9/08/2009.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah3B_BooasE

Heaviest Defeat
    Jets 0 – Phoenix 4 (Brown 18, Rojas 31, Greenacre 41, Macallister 88), Round 19, Season 6 at Wellington, 18/12/2010.

Leading Scorers in fixture
    Jets – 2 (Jason Hoffman, Matt Thompson)
    Phoenix – 6 (Shane Smeltz – including 3 penalties)

Coaches Head to Head – 0 matches

Newcastle Jets Coaching Records

Gary Van Egmond – 4 matches (3 wins, 3 draw and 6 losses = 25% win ratio)
    Craig Deans – 1 match (0 wins, 0 draws, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
    Branko Culina – 7 matches (2 wins, 0 draws, 5 losses = 29% win ratio)

Average Home crowd – 10425

Key facts:
    • The Jets have only ever received 1 penalty in 20 meetings. This was in Season 3 and was scored by Mark Bridge (30/12/2007). The Jets have since gone 17 matches without a penalty in this fixture. This was awarded by Strebre Delovski
    • The Phoenix, however, have received 5 penalties since this time. They have converted 4 of them - Chris Greenacre being the only player to miss his shot.
    • In the first meeting between these two clubs in Season 3, Round 3, Matt Thompson scored the 500th goal in A-League History.
    • The Phoenix have scored an average of 1.9 goals against the Jets in all matches. The Jets have scored an average of 0.85 goals. This goes up to an average of 1.25 at home.
    • The Jets have only ever kept 3 clean sheets against the Phoenix, while the Jets have been kept scoreless 10 times.
    • In the last 2 home games, and 3 of their last 4, against the Phoenix the Jets have been kept scoreless. Marko Jesic was the last player in this fixture to score for the Jets at home.
    • This is the first visit of the Phoenix to Newcastle in just over 14 months. The last meeting was a disappointing 3-0 loss to the Jets where former player Jeremy Brockie scored 2 goals.
    • Vince Lia is the most booked Phoenix player in the match, having been booked 5 times against the Jets in the past. Manny Muscat has been booked 4 times.
    • 4 Jets players have been sent off in the fixture – Joel Griffiths, Mark Milligan, Ryan Griffiths and Sam Gallaway. Sam Gallaway is the only player to receive a red for a second bookable offence. Gallaway is also the only player of these 4 to have been booked during a Phoenix game.
    • The Phoenix have had 3 players dismissed – Nick Ward, Tim Brown and Tony Lochhead. These were all second bookable offences.
    • Glen Moss has kept 3 clean sheets in 13 appearances against the Jets, 2 of these as the Phoenix keeper. He hasn’t kept a clean sheet against the Jets at Hunter Stadium, letting in an average of 2 goals.
    • An Ernie Merrick coached side has only ever won twice in 9 visits to Hunter Stadium.
    • The Jets have only played on February 9th once. This was a 2-1 defeat to Western Sydney Wanderers last year.

The referee details will be added on Friday
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 03-02-2014 at 08:05 PM.

Jeterpool, once again, great stats! I love reading them every week!
    So many good and bad memories... mainly bad hahahaha
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Jeterpool, once again, great stats! I love reading them every week!
    So many good and bad memories... mainly bad hahahaha
    Thanks LRO

The same stuff will come up the next time the Phoenix play at home, however!

3 games of league on the ground Saturday, expect the pitch to be shyte and covered in pagan markings.

well it can hardly get any worse

Didn't Tarek miss a penalty in Wellington a few years ago ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    I don't have any record of Tarek missing a penalty in his jets career. Happy to be proven wrong if someone has a better memory than me.

ONly people I know to have missed are Milicic (v NZ Knights), Zura (v Victory), Thompson (v Sydney) and Burns this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Yeah he did because it made me cry
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    Yeah he did because it made me cry
    Cool. I must have missed it. I'll look into it. Thanks.

Edit - found it. Missed in match that Hearfield scored against us and Griff and Milligan got sent.

If ever someone remembers something in addition to, or differently to, something I post please let me know because I might have it wrong and I can double check.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 04-02-2014 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    3 games of league on the ground Saturday, expect the pitch to be shyte and covered in pagan markings.
    Whats going on? Whose playing? I just had the whole Aboriginal team at my work.
    Last edited by Premy; 04-02-2014 at 04:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Whats going on? Whose playing? I just had the whole Aboriginal team at my work.
    Aboriginal festival 16s and women's nsw v qld, then the Knuggets vs best of koori and murri carnivals

They should take the games away from the stadium. They will ruin an already dodgy surface with league. It's not as if these league matches have any importance in regards to the season

Banned
    Lets just set the record straight.

Whatever price Wellington are paying get on it.

We never beat those ****s and always lose

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

This

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    They should take the games away from the stadium. They will ruin an already dodgy surface with league. It's not as if these league matches have any importance in regards to the season
    Yeah it's abit of a silly situation. Have no idea what crowd is expected for this knights trial but playing the game at number 2 sports ground or cessnock showground would make alot more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

Wellington $3.00

You can also get $1.60 for Wello win or draw (the only way you lose money is if Jets win and well, we all know that ain't happnin).

As they say, better than bank interest.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

**** me. League is such a shit eater of a sport too. Pisses the **** outta me that they get to play this ****ing useless sport on our pitch and not do a thing to make it any better than the cow paddock it already is.

While I am ranting about the game they play when they can't understand rules or tactics, what the **** is with them calling this Sydney team vs some minority shits from the midlands a club WORLD cup. There is nothing world about it. Of course when you support dementia ball you can barely understand the meaning of the word world let along the amount of countries that make it up.

For ****s sake these bastards

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Wellington $3.00

You can also get $1.60 for Wello win or draw (the only way you lose money is if Jets win and well, we all know that ain't happnin).

As they say, better than bank interest.

Yeah that's a great expression which takes me back to 2005.

At the time Australia had an all conquering Cricket Team.
    Ponting Gilchrist Hayden Langer Binger McGrath Warne etc We were on top of the world and Test series were a mere formality. Some bloke we won't mention any names but lets just say he thinks quite highly of Kale Bradbery spotted that Australia were paying $1.45 to win the 2005 Ashes series against an English Cricket team who had showed very little in the last 15 years.

This big fan of Kale Bradbery decided it would be worth his effort to head down to the building society and withdraw $1000 and put it on Australia to win the Ashes at the juicy odds of $1.45 figuring $450 profit was much better than leaving it with the Building Society for 2 months.

After the first test Australia won he assumed it would be a mere formality and a few more weeks before he would be reunited with his $1450. For some reason McGrath tripped on a ball in warm up for second test and was ruled out. Australia capitulated chasing 270 odd in that test with the last 2 wickets putting on a motza only to get given all out 2 runs short from a crook decision.(WHERE WAS THE ****ING DRS)

2 test later and it was all over this mad Kale Bradbery fan as he had done his ****ing dough with 1 test to ****ing play.

Really pissed him off when the same ****s 18 months later thumped the **** out of the Poms 5-0 in a canter