Thread: Finals Series setup

Finals Series setup

I want to re-vent about the A-League finals series setup.

In what other country is it considered sane to have half or more than half the league in the finals?

We've had one of our worst seasons since 07/08 so far currently, are only 2 wins above last place, but are a win away from a finals spot.

What exactly is this teaching the youth of today?

4 team finals or gtfo
    OK

I hate the final series completely. I would love to see us implement something like they have in the Dutch 2nd div or the Portuguese lower leagues.

Everyone plays everyone home and away once in a half season. Crowned "minor" champions.
    Everyone plays everyone home and away again in a half season. Crowned "minor" champions.
    Winner over the two home and away doubles is the Champion or fitting with the alleged Australian desire to have a "final", the two minor champions (or the second highest overall team if the same team won both half seasons) go head to head to crown the Champion and the FFA gets its glorious final showpiece.

Hate this mix of 2/1 home/away shit we do. Farcical.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I hate the final series completely. I would love to see us implement something like they have in the Dutch 2nd div or the Portuguese lower leagues.

Everyone plays everyone home and away once in a half season. Crowned "minor" champions.
    Everyone plays everyone home and away again in a half season. Crowned "minor" champions.
    Winner over the two home and away doubles is the Champion or fitting with the alleged Australian desire to have a "final", the two minor champions (or the second highest overall team if the same team won both half seasons) go head to head to crown the Champion and the FFA gets its glorious final showpiece.

Hate this mix of 2/1 home/away shit we do. Farcical.
    Yeah but regardless of how shit we are have been at this stage of the year we are what 10 points from 2nd FMD

whatever the finals series entails - its quite clear we arent going to be in it. Again.
    this thread = superfluous
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

The finals set up for jets fans is simple.

TV on. Sit on couch. Support whoever is playing ccm.

I think the biggest concern of any jets fan is the fact its looking likely we will get the spoon. In gaining the spoon it means a team that went 20 games straight without a win will manage to beat us!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Nothing wrong with it. Hell it could be a 10 team finals series and I'd be pretty confident the best two teams are there on GF day. Why does this whinge happy every single season?? How can anyone think this league would survive with first past the post, or even 4 team finals? Come on people, use some common sense.