Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HAL 13/14 Rd20 - Newcastle Jets vs Sydney FC 22/2/14 k/off 5:30pm AEDST

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    So he's not starting....

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Awaiting Hammanfirmation

From the coach....

But Zane said Griffiths and Newcastle’s other new signing, former Socceroo David Carney, were likely to come off the bench tomorrow.

‘‘I’ve tried to maintain a pretty solid squad where we don’t make too many changes unless they’re forced. But at the same time, I need to make sure I explore other options as well, to see what is the best fit for Sydney,’’ he said.

The prospect of Newcastle fielding a forward line of Griffiths, Taggart and Heskey might sound good in theory, but Zane was still weighing it up.

‘‘I’m going to have to be a bit of a magician to juggle that one and make sure that we still have a good defensive structure,’’ he said.

important betting information.
    Plague Jnr is attending this game.
    Plague Jnr has NEVER witnessed a Jets win.
    EVER.
    He's 4 years old.

Draw $3.50
    Sydney to win $3.25.

Bet with your head, not over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

$50 on plague jnr to leave dissapointed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    WE have been refereed by Strebre Delovski 14 times. Despite losing the first four times he refereed us, we have won 6, drawn 2 and lost 2 of the last 10 meetings.

The three times he has refereed us against Sydney, twice have been at home. We have a 2 win 1 loss record.

We have received 25 bookings and had 2 send offs. The opposition have had 23 bookings and 3 red cards.

Strebre has refereed us twice this year - 2-1 win over Adelaide and 1-1 draw to Victory

We haven't lost under Strebre since Season 4, Rd 14. That was against Sydney FC

Strebre has NEVER give a penalty against the Jets. He has awarded the Jets 2 penalties, the last in Season 5 against Sydney.
    Guaranteed Mitchell will give away a penalty.

Actually I think this weekend we need to see the Rubes of old do a job on ADP - he's been a bit quiet since GVE left.

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    $50 on plague jnr to leave dissapointed!
    If plague jnr has never experienced the euphoria of a Jets win, won't he leave with his expectations met and therefore not disappointed?

Yes, that might be a bit philosophical for everyone on a Friday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Actually I think this weekend we need to see the Rubes of old do a job on ADP - he's been a bit quiet since GVE left.
    If Rubez doesn't, you can guarantee that the commentary team will be lining up to give ADP a job of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    If plague jnr has never experienced the euphoria of a Jets win, won't he leave with his expectations met and therefore not disappointed?

Yes, that might be a bit philosophical for everyone on a Friday morning.
    Funny part is usually Plague Snr wins money on Jets games so Plague Jnr is usually happy anyway
    DRUNK DAD IS BUYING TOYS AND SHIT AGAIN YEWWWWW

If Rubez doesn't, you can guarantee that the commentary team will be lining up to give ADP a job of some sort.
    we will loose

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Funny part is usually Plague Snr wins money on Jets games so Plague Jnr is usually happy anyway
    DRUNK DAD IS BUYING TOYS AND SHIT AGAIN YEWWWWW
    Wow, so DESPAIR at losing for plague Jnr is actually the joy of toys. Poor kid will associate Jets winning with no toys and end up more cynical than me when he becomes a proper fan.

Poor plague jnr.

Wow, so DESPAIR at losing for plague Jnr is actually the joy of toys. Poor kid will associate Jets winning with no toys and end up more cynical than me when he becomes a proper fan.

Poor plague jnr.
    His first words ever were 'Middleby out'.

True story.

Banned
    Plague let us know with how he went at the game.

Am looking to take my 3 year old nephew next year and am concerned about the little shit not sitting still enough/paying attention/ running off and just generally pissing me off by distracting me from the shit on the field etc

Am looking to take my 3 year old nephew next year and am concerned about the little shit not sitting still enough/paying attention/ running off and just generally pissing me off by distracting me from the shit on the field etc
    I take my 9 year old nephew to games a lot of the time, have done for years. He still does all of the above mentioned.

The worst time was when he decided it was a grand idea to get an empty plastic beer cup, and collect the slugs that were hanging around the retaining wall on the southern hill. I think he still holds a grudge against me for not being impressed by it.
    OK

bring lollies and a rabbits foot

i would love to see this WONT HAPPEN but i like it

--------------Mark----------------
    Beard----reagan--mitchells (intill kew back)----carney
    ---------------Zad-------------
    ----Hoole----Tags----Goodie---------
    ---------Griff---Heskey-------

Would be concerned about our ability to keep the ball and win the game in the middle of the park with that lineup, a lot of pressure on Zad to perform.

yeah, whole team is built around our ability to hold the midfield. when we play with two in the middle we get dominated, would hate to see how we would go with 1.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I take my 9 year old nephew to games a lot of the time, have done for years. He still does all of the above mentioned.

The worst time was when he decided it was a grand idea to get an empty plastic beer cup, and collect the slugs that were hanging around the retaining wall on the southern hill. I think he still holds a grudge against me for not being impressed by it.
    I am not expecting him to be 110% into it as he has a short attention span at the best of times. He would be in the top 5% for kids at this!!!!

At this point in time I wouldn't take him at all. A years time and I would still be concerned about him being a menace.

Just keen to one day take him and get him hooked. The kid has 2 younger brothers and the middle one shows great signs kicking ball about and even watches TV when Football is on.

Last night he was around and Lord Griffo came on the TV so I got him to watch it and he did!!!

Little fellow seems fascinated when a goal is scored and the commentator and crowd go nuts!!!