Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Put a seat on it - Cycling Thread

Tough year for Cadel. Hardly any racing pre tdF due to illness and injuries, so I don't think anyone's surprised that he couldn't repeat the form of last year.
    It's a shame not to see riders like Andy Schleck and Contador out there...fairly certain they could have detroyed Wiggins in the climbs. Pretty boring tdF due to a ridiculously time trial oriented course designed specifically for a rider like Wiggins or a fit Cadel to win. Hope there's more mountain top finishes next year - this year has been outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by steve136 View Post
    It's a shame not to see riders like Andy Schleck and Contador out there...fairly certain they could have detroyed Wiggins in the climbs.
    well, that is what drugs are designed to do.

samuel sanchez in the mix would have made it interesting

you've gotta hand it to sky though, like i said, not one break from players at the front of the peleton has been let go. sky have monstered everything. wiggins has chased nibali on his own for a sum total of about 2 minutes.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    yeah, i've kinda been waiting for the race to get interesting.

i've been loving the crowd participation in the last couple of stages

kind of takes me back to the good ol' days when spectators carried knives and were allowed to stab their least favourite riders.

what i do?

the difference is Team Sky are always together and generally always setting the pace. every other team has riders all over the place. evident when Cadel punctured and had to wait for another rider on his team to come by and give him a tire. Hopefully with Nibali needing a couple of minutes tonight Liquigas-Cannondale will challenge Sky

madman voeckler to go nuts again tonight. Race between froome and nibali for 2nd could get interesting also
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

could be a great night if everyone decides to go jungle

nibali v froome is where it's at, ding ding

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    well, that is what drugs are designed to do.
    Contador maybe, but Andy Schleck's never been suspected of taking anything has he? Even Frank's "allegations" seem ridiculous...he tested positive for a non-performance enhancing drug.
    Nibali doesn't seem to have any way of getting away from Froome and Wiggins.
    Can't wait for next year when this exact same Sky team (assuming they all honour their contracts) gets destroyed by Contador single handedly.

Didn't Frank get done for a masking agent? In the eyes of John Q Law that's just as bad as the 'roids themselves.

the return of contador will be pretty spectacular, will imagine he will be super pissed

Schleck got done for a diuretic, basically helps em drop weight to go up the big hills

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    he claims he was poisoned but i was told that it was some thing that cleaned out your system, and apparently this stuff has to be prescribed and injected, meaning he was possibly on something else.

xipamide is usually adminstered orally

it works to clear reduce the re-absorption of sodium through the kidneys for people with hypertension - makes you do a wee and that

dunno how much more weight frank had to drop, there's not much more of him to lose

nibali in the break, the v-man in there as well, kessiakoff, valverde (y)

finally something might happen

oh well, nibali gives up on the break

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zz

chucked some money on voeckler the psycho at $21, carn you mental

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    wow, a new advert

Beethoven

makes a nice change from the euphemism ladden ad for cock pills, the ad for eftpos (which exists for some reason) and the annoying music in the vitamin ad

This has been the most boring TDF I can remember for a long time.

Sure Cadel's lead up wasn't ideal, but I think BMC made a mistake with the team make up, they really needed some more climbers in there. Sky were always going to dominate and as such Wiggens really hasn't had to do anything outside of the Time Trial sections.

Tje schleck positive test surprised me. Not sure why he needed to lose anymore wight as was said above, but every kg helps when going up. Well in theory it does, didn't seem to be helping this year.

All up though, this tour hasn't delivered enough returns on my month of sleep deprivation and booze intake.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    yeah there's precious little drama or excitement in this years tour - I've been hitting the sack pretty early every night

I usually go to bed after that

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    All up though, this tour hasn't delivered enough returns on my month of sleep deprivation and booze intake.
    ha, agreed. have been sky-ing my way through a case of red over the past few weeks, leading from the front and the like