Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: The TV Shows Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Idk, I'm pretty neutral about it all.
    Yes, it could have been better.
    Did it deserve better? Probably.
    Was it the worst thing I've ever watched? Absolutely not.

Most movies or shows don't come close to the novels and I think this was a formidable attempt. Martin theoretically told them how the story was going to progress and offered the key points. I imagine the key points involved you-know-who's you-know-what's, doing the you-know-what to that place. I think the novels would/will take us to that point alot more gradual.

The big question is why they decided to end it so quickly. Was it the actors? surely HBO are making a killing, and could more easily justify more seasons of GoT than Walking Dead (Yes, its stillllllllllllllllllll going).

There's so many "but why?" or "why not", but this has genuinely been one of the best shows for some time. There was never a perfect ending.
    It was the writers being offered a star wars gig and not wanting to lose it. HBO offered them 10 seasons

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    It was the writers being offered a star wars gig and not wanting to lose it. HBO offered them 10 seasons
    And also the actors wanted too much money. They barely had enough money for CGI this season, hence the lack of scenes with large groups of people like the last few seasons and they had to limit the amount big screen time of the dragons and ghost where possible.

The show got too big for itself and had to end.

The were all offered a 10 episode season or a 6 episode season and they all agreed on the 6 episode option. Hence the small amount of haste in wrapping things up.

I think big everyone was given the same amount of time for their story arcs to end as Tyrion and Jon (i.e about 5-10 mins) it would have been fine. But that's in a perfect world. You don't want another LOTR, 3 hour too long ending.

Side note. The LOTR tv series will be out at a similar time to the GOT prequel series. Gonna be a fantasy heaven in a few years time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    And also the actors wanted too much money. They barely had enough money for CGI this season, hence the lack of scenes with large groups of people like the last few seasons and they had to limit the amount big screen time of the dragons and ghost where possible.

The show got too big for itself and had to end.

The were all offered a 10 episode season or a 6 episode season and they all agreed on the 6 episode option. Hence the small amount of haste in wrapping things up.

I think big everyone was given the same amount of time for their story arcs to end as Tyrion and Jon (i.e about 5-10 mins) it would have been fine. But that's in a perfect world. You don't want another LOTR, 3 hour too long ending.

Side note. The LOTR tv series will be out at a similar time to the GOT prequel series. Gonna be a fantasy heaven in a few years time.
    GOT will struggle to get fans to commit to another GOT series. Hopefully Lotr is good

GOT will struggle to get fans to commit to another GOT series.
    Bahahahahahahahahahahaha...
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Bahahahahahahahahahahaha...
    More people hate it then love it and I've heard HBO are not happy with how it was done. More to come

More people hate it then love it and I've heard HBO are not happy with how it was done. More to come
    I bet you they are currently checking their bank balance and saying.. "yeah, we could probably do this again."

Stop believing loud people online. Most people loved it, everyone is talking about it, it's been a massive success and will be talked about for years to come. Go on Reddit and see the tens of thousands of people talking up how amazing the whole show was. The entire front page was GOT yesterday.

Chill buddy, you'll understand in a few days once things have calmed down.

I bet you they are currently checking their bank balance and saying.. "yeah, we could probably do this again."

Stop believing loud people online. Most people loved it, everyone is talking about it, it's been a massive success and will be talked about for years to come. Go on Reddit and see the tens of thousands of people talking up how amazing the whole show was. The entire front page was GOT yesterday.

Chill buddy, you'll understand in a few days once things have calmed down.
    Nah I've only really seen hate not much love all over social media and all the big GOT YouTube channels. I'm glad some people love it but I can't ignore plot holes which ruin any good story or logical thought process

If George Martin wrote it this way and filled the plot holes in the novel, how would you feel?

If George Martin wrote it this way and filled the plot holes in the novel, how would you feel?
    I'd be able to accept it because it would have proper set up and all make sense. And the characters wouldn't suddenly change their behaviour for some storyline to work. (No I'm not talking about Danny)

Stop believing loud people online.
    didnt last weekends election teach us this very same damn thing?

over time, the series will get revisited and seen as a whole package that people can binge and id bet they'd be way cooler with the ending.
    the last few years had so much hype, so big a gap between series and even the week gap between episodes is not the way people consume their shows as much anymore. so many people had so much time to kill between episodes, and they spent it analysing, talking and theorising. If you give yourself 10 mins between eps for this last series and dont think too hard, it will flow a lot better.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

George has no pages.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    didnt last weekends election teach us this very same damn thing?

over time, the series will get revisited and seen as a whole package that people can binge and id bet they'd be way cooler with the ending.
    the last few years had so much hype, so big a gap between series and even the week gap between episodes is not the way people consume their shows as much anymore. so many people had so much time to kill between episodes, and they spent it analysing, talking and theorising. If you give yourself 10 mins between eps for this last series and dont think too hard, it will flow a lot better.
    No because the plot holes still exist. You can't under those even without analysing

I can side with those that feel this was rushed and like more attention to details would have made it better.

The people that don’t like the significant events, the grand plan, the eventual ruler, that’s a problem with Martin, not so much the directors/writer.

Like somebody else said.
    They all decided that they’d do 6 episodes. They needed to get person a b c d e f and g to x y z, and make sure that in between h j l and y all happened.
    I can’t imagine Martin had zero to do with it. So storyline wise, I think you have to accept it.

Production wise, yes, things could’ve been better. I’d rather sacrifice 20-30 minutes from murder in the dark and saved 15 minutes of Drogon mowing the grass, to use that time to develop some of the stories some more.

I’d love to watch the battle again in full HD or 4K if it can be done and see if it’s any better without having to squint and try to make out wtf is happening. At the start, it builds suspense and makes you appreciate what it would’ve been like in the moonlight, but after that, cmon....

I can side with those that feel this was rushed and like more attention to details would have made it better.

The people that don’t like the significant events, the grand plan, the eventual ruler, that’s a problem with Martin, not so much the directors/writer.

Like somebody else said.
    They all decided that they’d do 6 episodes. They needed to get person a b c d e f and g to x y z, and make sure that in between h j l and y all happened.
    I can’t imagine Martin had zero to do with it. So storyline wise, I think you have to accept it.

Production wise, yes, things could’ve been better. I’d rather sacrifice 20-30 minutes from murder in the dark and saved 15 minutes of Drogon mowing the grass, to use that time to develop some of the stories some more.

I’d love to watch the battle again in full HD or 4K if it can be done and see if it’s any better without having to squint and try to make out wtf is happening. At the start, it builds suspense and makes you appreciate what it would’ve been like in the moonlight, but after that, cmon....
    Can confirm "the long night" looked good in 4k. I loved the darkness, it was as if the night king brought the darkness with him in the storm and blackened out any hope/light.
    I was pissed when people complained about one of the best parts of the episode.

No because the plot holes still exist. You can't under those even without analysing
    Stanny, do a quick list of the main plot holes your are worried about and I'll try to tidy some up for you. Some of them will be opinions and I'll leave those alone as all art is subjective. But I might be able to help with a few others.

i rewatched Breaking Bad (which i loved at the time but felt very 'underwhelmed' by the finale when it was on live).

but 2nd time around via bingemode it was way cleaner and more enjoyable.

guess we'll find out when the GOT boxset/marathons start.
    Seems like I am WRONG

yeah this here is where its at.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Stanny, do a quick list of the main plot holes your are worried about and I'll try to tidy some up for you. Some of them will be opinions and I'll leave those alone as all art is subjective. But I might be able to help with a few others.
    Danny forgetting about Eurons fleet when she is told about them 1000 times and even earlier in that episode.

All the dothraki and unsullied dying at the long night. (We saw it) The beyond idiotic war tactics during said long night.

Cersei who is a muderous lunatic not killing everyone in episode 4 when their standing infront of kings landing within range of her giant bolts.

Tyrion and Jon snow magically learning dothraki and unsullied during Cerseis speech in the finals. Several characters suddenly reverting or being irrelevant to push plot. She's not my queen blah blah blah

Danny's Dragons being useless against the dead and a small fleet of ships and then next episode 1 dragon is uber powerful against a whole castle and way more bolts.

I'm sure I'd find more problems if I wanted

Danny forgetting about Eurons fleet when she is told about them 1000 times and even earlier in that episode.

All the dothraki and unsullied dying at the long night. (We saw it) The beyond idiotic war tactics during said long night.

Cersei who is a muderous lunatic not killing everyone in episode 4 when their standing infront of kings landing within range of her giant bolts.

Tyrion and Jon snow magically learning dothraki and unsullied during Cerseis speech in the finals. Several characters suddenly reverting or being irrelevant to push plot. She's not my queen blah blah blah

Danny's Dragons being useless against the dead and a small fleet of ships and then next episode 1 dragon is uber powerful against a whole castle and way more bolts.

I'm sure I'd find more problems if I wanted
    Dany thought her dragons couldn't be stopped by the fleet, which was true for Drogon when he decimated the fleet outside Kings landing. Rhaeger obviously wasn't as quick as Drogon, same with Viserion up north.

They only ran into the night after Melisandre gave them swords of fire. Remember, the Dothraki aren't exactly strategists. They won wars by sheer force and weren't easy to control, even for Danys. There was a lot of unsullied, but I do think they exaggerated how many died at Kings Landing. But that's TV land for you.

If Cersie kills Dany at the gates during parlay she would lose a lot of backers and would still have to deal with the Unsullied army, the Dothraki, plus other houses would join the Men of the North and defeat her anyway. If she beats Danys in battle, all houses would have to bend the knee to her. Cersei is evil, but not stupid.

Jon and Tyrion spent time with the Dothraki / Unsullied, it's not ridiculous to imagine that they could learn their language. But that's not really a big plot hole, how many movies do the German soldiers speak English and what-not? You've got to allow characters to understand each other.

The dragons struggling in the snow isn't that hard to believe. The night king was born of dragon glass and could only be killed with dragon glass or Valerian steel, I'm pretty sure that was explained in the show (it may have been in the book only) Don't forget, Danys can't be hurt by fire either. So thats not hard to believe. The not beating the ship's one day and beating them the next is classic tv trope. All it needed was a training montage.

Remember, it's a tv show. Some things are allowed to be skipped over to make it easier to tell the story.

GOT will struggle to get fans to commit to another GOT series.
    Honestly, when the prequel/sequel/spinoff gets made I dare you not to watch it. We will all watch it. Starve a man for a few years and a raw potato would be the best food he's ever eaten when handed to him.
    OK