Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs 1962 View Post
    Yeah my call of us making it not easy for sun's was a bit off. In fairness the first half was a closer contest then the final scoreline suggests, only 2-1 and could've been even. Not a shot at the suns but I didn't see anything today to show why they are viewed as the best in the comp at the moment. I know it was 7-1 but they weren't great nor did they play our boys off the park. They took all there chances well and even the ones that didn't go in, they were still on target and our keeper pulled off some blinders. There keeper made some good saves and some last ditch takes were made at both ends. Also we had a bloke sent off early in second half for a very poor and disappointing act. As a club it's not something we condone and we hope that it is not viewed as something our club stands for, our deems acceptable.
    I was a closer contest first half. But the suns ground out the result. We took a lot of our chances and yes, correct the attempts we didn’t score, most were on target and the Barnsley keeper made some outstanding saves. Our keep made a couple of good stops, but they were the kind you’d be disappointed if you didn’t save them and they were at a good height and close to him. Even if 1 or 2 of those went in, Suns could have had a lot more. Maybe 12-3 if you didn’t count those good saves.
    Glad the bloke apologised and appreciate apologies from yourself and other members of the club. I think everyone is happy to move on from that comment.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Not a shot at the suns but I didn't see anything today to show why they are viewed as the best in the comp at the moment. I know it was 7-1 but they weren't great nor did they play our boys off the park. They took all there chances well and even the ones that didn't go in, they were still on target and our keeper pulled off some blinders.

WHAT!!!

Your team lost 7-1 and you don’t think your team was played off the park?

I would have loved to have watched this game...

Quote Originally Posted by underrated View Post
    WHAT!!!

Your team lost 7-1 and you don’t think your team was played off the park?

I would have loved to have watched this game...
    Yeah all goals where pretty soft, not like they were untouchable and or boys were just chasing shadows. Even a sun's supporter/player in lofty agreed it was an even first half. Would rate Mayfield and Dudley miles ahead of sun's on today's performance, became scrappy and a few goals ran in late on after the send off. Maybe should've watched it before passing judgement. I didn't say once suns weren't the better team or that they didn't deserve to beat us overall. Just stated that they didn't show enough for them be considered favourites for the comp in my opinion. And maybe they just did what they had to, to get he result. You should try reading the comment and not just the score line.

I’m a bit confused. Yes the first half was a bit of a battle, but after that Barnsley weren’t really in the game. The send off came at 5-1. If it wasn’t for some complacency in almost trying to walk in goals it could have been a lot more. The boys were cruising today and still won 7-1 away from home.
    With 10 wins and 1 draw from the last 11 games, I’m pretty sure the lads are in a good spot.

Swansea still alive. Kotara doing their best to throw it away. Dudley vs Suns semi this will be a cracker. Should be the GF

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Swansea still alive. Kotara doing their best to throw it away. Dudley vs Suns semi this will be a cracker. Should be the GF
    By the sound of the Barnsley boys this is going to be a easy one for Dudley lol

Barnsley boys are at the wrong end of the table to be passing judgement like that their GF is next Sunday at Bero. I dare say the Suns and Dudley both know it will be a war over 180 min.
    As for Mayfield if Kotara fall into the semis. Route 1 football will be on full display.

Barnsley boys are at the wrong end of the table to be passing judgement like that their GF is next Sunday at Bero. I dare say the Suns and Dudley both know it will be a war over 180 min.
    As for Mayfield if Kotara fall into the semis. Route 1 football will be on full display.
    Salty. Imagine not one team being able to overcome Route 1 football over 17 games whilst also being daylight ahead on goal difference.
    Chin up champ

Quote Originally Posted by Ponga for PM View Post
    Salty. Imagine not one team being able to overcome Route 1 football over 17 games whilst also being daylight ahead on goal difference.
    Chin up champ
    Mayfield have done it well all year no doubt. Never said they hadn't. Just an observation that they both play direct. Kotara have struggled the second round playing it and Mayfield should have no dramas. If Kotara can make it

From what I've watched this year I would thing so, but it's football anything can happen I guess

Unsure how Barnsleys table position affects my viewing and opinion of the teams they've played this year. Can only go off the performances the teams have put in, in the weeks they've play us. And from that sun's definitely weren't the best regardless of scoreline.

Unsure how Barnsleys table position affects my viewing and opinion of the teams they've played this year. Can only go off the performances the teams have put in, in the weeks they've play us. And from that sun's definitely weren't the best regardless of scoreline.
    Fair enough 7-1 just looks ugly I guess compared to a 2-1 lose but having not seen the games your in a better spot I guess.
    Semis are a few weeks away. Barnsley v Bero this weekend should draw a fair crowd to see who goes down. I have Barnsley winning 2-0

I'm sorry but this is absurd. I saw the Suns play Barnsley on the weekend and they were head ans shoulders above Barnsley. It should have been 1-10. 3 absolute sitters missed by the suns. The big fella who missed ( They call him Chef) should be ashamed of that miss, he actually looked like he was laughing after it. The wide left player missed almost an open goal, and the central attacking midfielder missed one golden chance and also 2 slightly harder finishes. I wasn't too impressed with the fighting over the penalty by the suns. In the end the centre-back ran up and took it!! I have loved the way Dudley have played this year, but if I were them I would be scared to face that Suns team at the moment. In saying that Dudley dispatched Kotara with a lot of ease also. The only thing I can agree with is "it's football, anything can happen". But at a pinch, I would have to say the Suns are the best team in the comp at the moment.

agreed Suns are favourites. should just give the trophy to the winner of their semi vs dudley. save having to watch mayfield or kotara in the final. will be a real david vs goliath story if either of those teams manage to jag a result against the mighty suns.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBean View Post
    agreed Suns are favourites. should just give the trophy to the winner of their semi vs dudley. save having to watch mayfield or kotara in the final. will be a real david vs goliath story if either of those teams manage to jag a result against the mighty suns.
    I think Mayfield are a chance, of the 4 games I've watched them this year they are the grinders. Class defense, but to be honest, can be a bit hard to watch. I think they will crush Kotara. I'm seeing a Mayfield V Suns GF.

why arnt people talking about mayfield more??
    premiers
    undefeated all year
    close to the city
    rising property values

Quote Originally Posted by FlatScreen View Post
    I'm sorry but this is absurd. I saw the Suns play Barnsley on the weekend and they were head ans shoulders above Barnsley. It should have been 1-10. 3 absolute sitters missed by the suns. The big fella who missed ( They call him Chef) should be ashamed of that miss, he actually looked like he was laughing after it. The wide left player missed almost an open goal, and the central attacking midfielder missed one golden chance and also 2 slightly harder finishes. I wasn't too impressed with the fighting over the penalty by the suns. In the end the centre-back ran up and took it!! I have loved the way Dudley have played this year, but if I were them I would be scared to face that Suns team at the moment. In saying that Dudley dispatched Kotara with a lot of ease also. The only thing I can agree with is "it's football, anything can happen". But at a pinch, I would have to say the Suns are the best team in the comp at the moment.
    I never said they aren't good or that they didn't deserve to win on weekend. I said that they aren't the best we've played. I'm assuming you watched us play against Dudley and Mayfield in both rounds as that is were I'm making my comparison from, and I stated that to. Yes they missed some chances but definitely didn't get us on our best day.

I think Mayfield are a chance, of the 4 games I've watched them this year they are the grinders. Class defense, but to be honest, can be a bit hard to watch. I think they will crush Kotara. I'm seeing a Mayfield V Suns GF.
    Kotara aren't there yet the wheels have really fallen off at Nesbitt and the early season chest beating has gone quiet

Maybe this is Bulldogs point. Barnsley sounded bad for the second half and deserved to get flogged. It could have been a lot more and Suns missed easy chances. Chances you would expect a top team to score?

Everyone knows that when games blow out on the score board the style of play can go out the window, perhaps this is what Bulldogs thoughts are based on?
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Maybe this is Bulldogs point. Barnsley sounded bad for the second half and deserved to get flogged. It could have been a lot more and Suns missed easy chances. Chances you would expect a top team to score?

Everyone knows that when games blow out on the score board the style of play can go out the window, perhaps this is what Bulldogs thoughts are based on?
    It’s easy to get complacent when you’ve got the game in the bag. I’m saying that the chances missed were unbelievable saves from the Barnsley keeper. Top top quality some of them.