Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Superdylans swimming pool thread

Quote Originally Posted by sanchez View Post
    Hey Big D, this cold weather would surely be hampering your aquatic experiences of late I take it?
    Yep, over it bring back summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

Thought this would be the best place to get some advice..

If a person was to tip 2 buckets of ice on their head, most of the water and ice inside the bucket then landing in the pool they are standing next to, will that drastically affect the pool temperature? How long should the pool be off limits to again regain regular temperature after such an act?

Also how much does drinking alcohol affect a persons ability, and safety, to swim? Just say I find a vodka bottle in my fridge, and take a shot or two from it, should I not swim for a certain amount of time? What is the limit of alcohol that should be safe to swim?

Thanks in advance for all your help SD m8. Hopefully you'll have some insight into these questions.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

If a person was to tip 2 buckets of ice on their head, most of the water and ice inside the bucket then landing in the pool they are standing next to, will that drastically affect the pool temperature? How long should the pool be off limits to again regain regular temperature after such an act?

Also how much does drinking alcohol affect a persons ability, and safety, to swim? Just say I find a vodka bottle in my fridge, and take a shot or two from it, should I not swim for a certain amount of time? What is the limit of alcohol that should be safe to swim?

Thanks in advance for all your help SD m8. Hopefully you'll have some insight into these questions.
    I see what you did there..

Good question. I also heard on Doctor Karl the other day some bloke thought he had a leak in his pool. He was advised to place a bucket of water, filled to the pool water level, on the pool step to determine if there was a drop. The concern, however, was if there was a difference in the evaporation rate of the bucket and the pool.

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

thats enough internet for one day
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Ffs mitch

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I see what you did there..
    Haha yep

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    thats enough internet for one day
    I agree bodi
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

Vodka in pool = amazing times
    I once went threw 4 bottles of vodka with a Irish stranger the day after a full moon served by a nice Thai lady all day, the night was a blur but I'm told I had fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

SD you never told me you delved into music m8

OK

Banned
    SD noticed some kick arse photos on my FB feed of you enjoying activities in a pool. No explanation to where and what you were doing

Care to elaborate???

Banned

SD how would this go at Stade de Newy

Would that be you in the pool in the back right member? Suspiciously staying under the water?
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...ol-at-the-test

Great to see Cricket Australia reading the Foz.

It can be done people.

We got the Squadron behind the stadium, this has to be the next front.

Its actually happening
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Premy seems to have unleashed a whole bunch of spammers onto this thread

if we get any more I may have to delete this thread

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    Premy seems to have unleashed a whole bunch of spammers onto this thread

if we get any more I may have to delete this thread
    to be fair one of them did a ripping Captain Obvious impression.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

So the Herald published a titillating article about AirBnBers getting loose in Merewether, copulating a lot and upsetting the neighbours. The council and the courts got involved.

I just want to know why Jo McCarthy published an entire book on this issue. I fell asleep a couple of times, went back to my Dostoevsky to break it up a little, then finally returned and finished the article during a marathon reading session.

(This article is in the correct thread because some of the debauched behaviour took place in a spa, which is a type of pool.)

because Joanne McCarthy can publish whatever she wants - she's a goddamned national treasure

you can do that when you've written a one page memo to a prime minister that led to a royal commission that locked up countless paedophiles including th higher ranked nonce in the Catholic Church

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    (This article is in the correct thread because some of the debauched behaviour took place in a spa, which is a type of pool.)
    You have definitely got me thinking about the classification of a spa vs pool. I would be interested to hear what Dyl's thoughts on spas and jaccuzis are, and what best flora to surround them with.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    because Joanne McCarthy can publish whatever she wants - she's a goddamned national treasure
    All I'm saying is I would have preferred a one-page memo on the naughty renters to a 19th-century-literary-style Novocastrian epic on the foibles of the shared economy.

did you read the even longer article on this in Saturday's paper?

this story has everything - it involves one of Newcastle's richest streets, home to well known celebrities, involves public nudity and drug use, it shows how powerless even wealthy and well connected people are in the face of this sort of gig economy bullshit and allows you to relate to how shit this would be if it was your neighbours pulling this sort of stunt - I personally can't get enough of the story