Page 75 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 2578

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2014

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    #common****ingsense
    Okay, it's obviously not common sense because the point I was making was that Youngy is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann View Post
    the point I was making was that Youngy is wrong.
    Maybe you should start a #youngyout hashtag.

Banned
    Okay, it's obviously not common sense because the point I was making was that Youngy is wrong.
    The blokes been back 1 day and he is already wrong. FFS

you cant have a common sense clause though..... hard to defibne common sense.

Plauge is right, the club shouldnt have to write these things down.
    But Haussman is right too. they do need to, to hold players to account, to let them know whats expected, to guide decisions made by the board (hahaha) and underlying set or core values laid out for all to see, and discussions on how these core values are reflected in the day to day running of the club are needed to show the people working for the club whats expected and how to behave.

To say they should just know as its common sense is too simplistic.

"work ethic" isnt enough if it was, I should get startm, I'd try real hard.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Plauge is right.
    Sorry, I kind of stopped reading after this bit.......

But I'd take a raging egomaniac who wins over a humble loser any day.

and I reckon a massive percentage of world class athletes (and people in general at the top of their profession) are raging egomaniacs as opposed to humble 'good ole boys'.

Banned
    But I'd take a raging egomaniac who wins over a humble loser any day.
    Agree fully
    Would prefer Suarez Berisha like Nutter who knows how to win and gets the job done rather than some great guy who tries hard but always comes second.

The rest of the argument is complete hypothetical horseshit anyway. Until the club is community owned and the fans decide the direction values are irrelevant when some billionaire owns the club and can do as he pleases

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    The rest of the argument is complete hypothetical horseshit anyway. Until the club is community owned and the fans decide the direction values are irrelevant when some billionaire owns the club and can do as he pleases
    Maybe so. But maybe the owner might want the club to be financially viable operation and for that the happen the club needs to community to engage with it and feel it represents them enough to pay to come watch games and buy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Agree fully
    Would prefer Suarez Berisha like Nutter who knows how to win and gets the job done rather than some great guy who tries hard but always comes second.
    Both you and Plague say the same thing. You combine arrogant and winner and contrast that against humble and loser. But I was saying that the club should aim to be humble and winner (ie. should have ambition).

The two aren't mutually exclusive. And then there is arrogance (when someone feels they are a better person than others) and then there is confidence (something which a striker genuinely needs) but can still be a nice guy when you talk to them. I've always found Griffo to be confident rather than arrogant when I've talked to him in the past, but some will say he is arrogant. I get the same impression with Berisha, yes, extremely confident on the pitch but seems like a genuinely nice guy when interviewed.

Did anyone really go nuts over Taggart? I mean, he was our leading scorer last year. To me, he seemed a bit arrogant (don't know if he was or not) mainly due to the lack of emotion in his goal celebrations - it seemed to be all about him. He should have a fan club just like the Griff, but he doesn't. This tells you something about what people value. Cause Griff pumps his fist at the crowd and wants to celebrate with them when the team scores. Berisha is the same.

The whole values thing is not just about players anyway, it is about the coaching staff and admin people too. Anyone who has tried to talk to a few people in the admin and got the brush off will know what I mean.
    Last edited by hausmann; 22-07-2014 at 05:56 PM.

i think we're just so used to loveable hard-trying losers we've forgotten what it's like to win, and have winners on the team.

on the tagz thing though, remember when he forced that own goal from pasfield (lol) and ran to the fence and da boyz knocked that shit down, that's what people want, winners. so much so they will knock fences down. go winners.

agree with the griff though, if you have a chat to the bloke he is actually a geninuely nice dude, but once he steps over the line it's winning time.

win

Both you and Plague say the same thing. You combine arrogant and winner and contrast that against humble and loser.
    Nah.
    I'm saying that in a results driven business, winning is the focus. If we can do that humbly then great. But I'm contending that most champions are anything but humble.
    As a fan I'm quite comfortable in my own skin, I don't want Gary from marketing telling me what's up.

taagz was a winner and griff is to.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    griff is to what?
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    griff is to what?
    Griff is to everything as fish is to bicycle.

Nah.
    I'm saying that in a results driven business, winning is the focus. If we can do that humbly then great. But I'm contending that most champions are anything but humble.
    As a fan I'm quite comfortable in my own skin, I don't want Gary from marketing telling me what's up.
    I thought hauss was suggesting that we as fans should be telling Gary from marketing what's up.

I have said it before. I actually like losing now.

We are like the scottish. We are oppressed, down trodden, sods of people however if you were take the tyranny of England away we would be completely lost and not know what to do with ourselves as we quite like complaining.

I don't want to win. Comes with too much.... other stuff.
    Go jetties

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post

I don't want to win. Comes with too much.... other stuff.
    Like happiness? Joy?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Like happiness? Joy?
    nah hope, expectation then great depth sof despair, unless ya win gf of course

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    nah hope, expectation then great depth sof despair, unless ya win gf of course
    Newcastle are so much like Spurs, Gunners and Scousers..........It's always "Yeah aiming for the title.......then it's missing a few players due to injury............then it's well we are rebuilding........Next year will be our year"

Repear for a few decades.