Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014/15 A-League Transfers Rumors & Speculation

Nathan Burns to Nix - Two year deal!

Quote Originally Posted by pc14 View Post
    nathan burns to nix - two year deal!
    wtf!!!!

Well in Middleby. Been in talks with the prick for over 12 months now and couldn't arrange a ****ing permaneny transfer. Nux step in and get the deal done easy.

**** you Middleby, most useless ****ing CEO in the aleague, bar that prick who resigned Lowe, but at least he's signed a few good players. FFS.

MIDDLEBY OUT.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Well in Middleby. Been in talks with the prick for over 12 months now and couldn't arrange a ****ing permaneny transfer. Nux step in and get the deal done easy.

**** you Middleby, most useless ****ing CEO in the aleague, bar that prick who resigned Lowe, but at least he's signed a few good players. FFS.

MIDDLEBY OUT.
    I guess this depends who he signs in the place you had planned for Burns.
    Really i think burns spot has been well and truly taken by Griff and Carney anyway.
    Burns was great for us but players come and go, lets hope our new signings will be of equal or better quality but in the positions we need.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    I guess this depends who he signs in the place you had planned for Burns.
    Really i think burns spot has been well and truly taken by Griff and Carney anyway.
    Burns was great for us but players come and go, lets hope our new signings will be of equal or better quality but in the positions we need.
    Potentially, but it ties into the whole we'll be announcing a new striker in the next 2-3 days, 3 weeks later and nothing. Fact is our upper management is the worst in the league (perth doesn't count).

Tbh, we should have made a spot for Burns, Griff (much as I love him) doesn't have many years left, while Burns is proven at this level, and potentially should have taken the spot of someone like Virgilli who has 1 good game every blue moon. Burns or Virgilli? I'd take Burns. Cap isn't an issue, we don't have any marquees.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar

MIDDLEBY OUT.
    we've already signed flores, griff, carney and are looking at this south american guy.

get a grip.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Maybe Middleby and the club management weren't the reason for Burns not signing. It is completely likely, probably more likely, that Stubbins didn't feel there was space for Burns given the recruits made at the back end of last season and the signings he has made. and now wants to bolster other parts of the squad.

If thats the case, I don't see the problem. Burns role is pretty well covered at the moment anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    we've already signed flores, griff, carney and are looking at this south american guy.

get a grip.
    Not wrong, and people here wonder why the club stopped going to the questions forum. Why would they.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Not wrong, and people here wonder why the club stopped going to the questions forum. Why would they.
    Bring back the forums i say, im pissed off we never approached Yaya Toure after he said he wasn't happy at man city and i want to blast Middleby for that!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Was really hoping Burns would come back but with the guys Porksey has pointed out, we've got some definite, proven firepower that I daresay aren't all on minimum wage so maybe we just couldn't afford him and he had a better financial offer elsewhere.
    OK

Only reason I can think of is that the positions Burns plays in are already filled out by other guys. Carney is gonna fill the left side, Flores if CAM and Griff and South American will be strikers. Personally, it's not the biggest loss in the world, Carney was amazing last season and now that he has a full off-season he should be fine. I think with a good coach that keeps him consistent Virgili could be a good player in that position, and same goes for Goodwin. More then anything, I just wanted us to sign somebody after what has felt like ages of being promised a few people and getting no results.

Okay, and what happens if a Carney gets injured and Griff gets suspended? We'll have Goodwin and Virgilli, which after the last 2 years doesn't fill me with confidence. Or if Taggz does go, and we sign this mysterious South American who's taking longer than Bridgey to return from injury to sign, who's the backup striker?

Wage wouldn't be an issue, we still have 2 marquees to use, chuck Carney as Aust. marquee and that'll free up more space.

Having Burns would provide a bit of quality depth to our squad, which apart from CM, is dearly lacking.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

MIDDLEBY OUT.
    If you go back and read the quotes from Stubbins from a month back its pretty clear that Burns wasn't really in his sights.

Yo Nathan Burns - come back to the Jerks where you'll be on less money than you were overseas or could get in another HAL team, where you'd be considered quality depth without a guarenteed starting spot, and where you'll probably get followed by a pack of dropkicks who change their twitter name every season or two.

/Thomas logic
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Only reason I can think of is that the positions Burns plays in are already filled out by other guys. Carney is gonna fill the left side, Flores if CAM and Griff and South American will be strikers. Personally, it's not the biggest loss in the world, Carney was amazing last season and now that he has a full off-season he should be fine. I think with a good coach that keeps him consistent Virgili could be a good player in that position, and same goes for Goodwin. More then anything, I just wanted us to sign somebody after what has felt like ages of being promised a few people and getting no results.
    Ahhh thats exactly right. Look I would have killed to have Burnsy back in the team but IMO once we signed Carney we were never interested in Burns. This has nothing to do with Middleby and everything to do with where Stubbins wants to spend the player budget.

Quote Originally Posted by PC14 View Post
    Well there you go. Didn't see that coming! I thought he'd have come back here but as others have said we've got those spots covered. And he wouldn't really be happy sitting on the bench.

The replacements of Goodwin and Virgilli are fine for a salary capped league. Not many clubs can have starting players sitting in the stands waiting for an injury or suspension. There has to be some give in a squad.

He took his time to show form for us. Yeah I'd have liked to see him back but that's football.

And why is Middleby getting blamed for all of this? There are many stakeholders in a deal
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 24-06-2014 at 03:51 PM.

Everyone forgetting about the other Australian u20 player we have on the books.
    We're more than covered for wide men.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Yo Nathan Burns - come back to the Jerks where you'll be on less money than you were overseas or could get in another HAL team, where you'd be considered quality depth without a guarenteed starting spot, and where you'll probably get followed by a pack of dropkicks who change their twitter name every season or two.

/Thomas logic
    Be nice. Those dropkicks have retired. I hear they will be back in 6-8weeks though
    Go jetties

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

/Thomas logic
    haha exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week