Page 135 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 3559

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Alberto Moreno and Daniel Sturridge have been released. I'm not surprised.

Back in the day, I remember there was great discussion at the time who Liverpool should go for between Moreno and Ricardo Rodriquez (who I wanted Liverpool to sign). Never really reached the potential that many associated with him and was more an attacker than he was defensively sound.

Think I'll be going on YouTube to look for some Sturridge goal compilations. Injuries have blighted his career, but the magic he could create as a trio with Suarez and Sterling was fabulous in the near title season.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 07-06-2019 at 01:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Silly season is apon us who do we chase in the transfer market?

For me, I've seen us linked to quite a few already. There are 2 that stand out and they would break the bank but would be worth it.
    De Ligt and Mbappe, if we could get those 2 for around £150mil it would send a clear message of intentions.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I’d like Werner and de Ligt

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I’d like Werner and de Ligt
    De Ligt we be at Barce So in I reckon they love good young Dutch players

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post

For me, I've seen us linked to quite a few already. There are 2 that stand out and they would break the bank but would be worth it.
    De Ligt and Mbappe, if we could get those 2 for around £150mil it would send a clear message of intentions.
    I'm assuming you mean each? Cause that would be a steal considering Mbappe alone is rated at over £200 million.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

but has Klopp ever been a manager that even cares about getting these super top level superduperstars?
    He always looks like the kind of bloke that has a type of player he needs, and he hunts down the best value version of that player.
    it was interesting to hear how long he'd chased Mane for (at Dortmund as well as Liverpool) before locking him down. id say he had bigger names come across his desk at Liverpool but Mane was what he wanted, so thats who he got.

hes the kind of bloke that will find the next Sancho or Alcacer and sign them for about $2.50.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Those two would be statement signings but I think if they were to sign it would cause issues with the wage structure.

I expect signings of players we have heard of, that build further depth on the bench, but have wage demands more aligned with the structure of the squad.

The example I've heard on a podcast (Anfield wrap) is De Ligt - likely offered $300K a week from Utd. Even if he takes a pay cut to go to Liverpool, say $240K (20%) then he's still over Van Dijk, Salah, Mane - who will all start knocking on the door because is De Ligt actually better than them?? I don't think so (yet).
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

The example I've heard on a podcast (Anfield wrap) is De Ligt - likely offered $300K a week from Utd. Even if he takes a pay cut to go to Liverpool, say $240K (20%) then he's still over Van Dijk, Salah, Mane - who will all start knocking on the door because is De Ligt actually better than them?? I don't think so (yet).
    Read today that Salah is Liverpool's highest paid player on GBP200K, compared to De Bruyne at Man City on GBP350K, paying De Ligt above the odds at this stage of his career would likely cause problems within the squad as well as break the wage structure.

Anyway, food for thought, is De Ligt a better central defender at this point of his career than Trent Alexander-Arnold is as a right back? Wonder what TTA is on?

Quote Originally Posted by Poshpom View Post
    Read today that Salah is Liverpool's highest paid player on GBP200K, compared to De Bruyne at Man City on GBP350K, paying De Ligt above the odds at this stage of his career would likely cause problems within the squad as well as break the wage structure.
    We're definitely aligned.

We're definitely aligned.
    It's starting to look as if he's waiting to see who offers the most coin, with Gomez back and Matip playing so well, I'd pass on De Ligt.

These Bruno Fernandes rumours are getting stronger...
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...4e8244a60ef780

Heading over in December but FMD there’s some average fixtures.
    Obviously Merseyside Derby would be awesome (and sold out) but there’s about 9 fixtures around this period where 27 points wouldn’t be surprising.

Just in time for us to go top at Christmas and complete the triple Of being the only club in the last 848484 years to be top and not go on to win it.

Some great insights in this one. On field conversations especially.
    Enjoy Reds fans.

I really enjoyed the Community Shield this morning, despite the result not going the way I would have liked. Both teams are looking really good ahead of the season.

I really enjoyed the Community Shield this morning, despite the result not going the way I would have liked. Both teams are looking really good ahead of the season.
    Liverpool's 2nd half was way better than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Liverpool's 2nd half was way better than expected.
    Liverpool really should have won it. Some excellent saves by Bravo, wasted chances by Salah and a spectacular goal line clearance by Walker - wow!

yeah Salah was great. looked very sharp. he def wasnt like that the end of last year.

still dont think they can get as close to Citeh as last year. kind of think they blew their chance (if you call losing one damn game 'blowing it').
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    kind of think they blew their chance (if you call losing one damn game 'blowing it').
    I call their lead at xmas to not winning the league blowing it, so agreed with your sentiments there. Sometimes I feel our podcasting would be too much of a circlejerk tbh.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Sometimes I feel our podcasting would be too much of a circlejerk tbh.
    ok, youre fired.

someone go find Parksey, ive got an offer for him.........
    Seems like I am WRONG

This one has served me well over the off season.
    A whole new bunch of meme's coming up.