2016/2017 Hyundai A-League
Season 12 Round 27
Sydney FC vs Newcastle United Jets FC
When: Saturday 15th April, 2017
Where: Allianz Stadium, Driver Ave, Moore Park, NSW
Kickoff: 535pm AEST
Tickets: Ticketek Link
Purchase your tickets in Bay 3 to sit with fellow away supporters
Join fellow Jets supporters from 3pm at our venue – The Premier Hotel – to watch the away game LIVE. All supporters are welcome – u18’s will need to be accompanied by a supervising adult.
If you sign up to become a Premier Hotel member for $10, you receive $10 in credit on your card. Ask for a membership form at the bar. A Premier Hotel membership gets you a 5% discount on food & drink not only at Premier but also at Junction Hotel & Sunnyside Tavern. You can purchase members only schooner cards – 10 schooners of local tap beers $55 or 10 schooners of craft tap beers $65.
Watch: LIVE on FoxSports 4 and FoxSports 4HD (Ch 505)
Listen: ABC Grandstand Radio online/app or EON Sports Radio app
Tweet: @SquadronNewy @JetstreamNewy #NTUA #WELvNEW
Jets Wins – 6, FC Wins – 23, Drawn – 8
Jets Wins – 3, FC Wins – 12, Drawn – 4
In Sydney – 18 matches
Jets Wins – 3, FC Wins – 11, Drawn – 4
Average Home A-League Crowd – 12260
Average Away A-League Crowd – 14168
Goals in Fixture
Jets – 35, FC – 59
In Sydney –
Jets – 18, FC – 29
1st Goals in Fixture
Jets – 10, FC – 24
Cards in Fixture
Jets – 66 (63 yellow, 3 red), FC 72 (65 yellow, 7 red)
Recent Form (A-League)
Jets – LLLLL (0 point from last 15)
FC – WWWWW (15 points from last 15)
Jets – Andrew Nabbout (8)
FC – Bobo (14)
Last Result –
Newcastle Jets 0 – Sydney FC 2 (Ninkovic 63′, Ibini-Isei 79′) at McDonald Jones Stadium, A-League, Round 9, Season 2016/17
Starting line-ups from Last Meeting in Season 2016/17 Round 9
|Newcastle Jets||Sydney FC|
|Jack Duncan||Daniel Vukovic|
|Jason Hoffman||Rhyan Grant|
|John Koutroumbis||Alex Wilkinson|
|Iain Fyfe||Sebastian Ryall|
|Nick Cowburn||Michael Zullo|
|Wayne Brown||Milos Dimitrijevic|
|Steven Ugarkovic||Joshua Brillante|
|Ben Kantarovski||Milos Ninkovic|
|Ma Leilei||David Carney|
|Andrew Hoole||George Blackwood|
|Labinot Haliti||Alex Brosque|
Leading Scorers in fixture –
FC – Alex Brosque (11)
2016/17 SEASON STATISTICS
|Number||Name||Appearances||Starts||Substitute Appearances||Subbed off||Minutes Played||Goals||Assists||Yellow Cards||Red – Second Bookable||Straight Red|
Mark Jones – 0 wins, Graham Arnold – 2 wins, 0 drawnNewcastle Jets A-League Coaching Records –
- Mark Jones – 2 matches (0 wins, 0 drawn, 2 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Scott Miller – 3 matches (0 win, 0 drawn, 3 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Phil Stubbins – 3 matches (0 win, 1 draw, 2 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Gary Van Egmond – 18 match (4 wins, 3 drawn and 11 losses = 22% win ratio)
- Richard Money – 3 matches (1 wins, 2 drawn, 0 loss = 33% win ratio)
- Branko Culina – 6 matches (1 win, 4 drawn, 1 loss = 17% win ratio)
- Nick Theodorakopoulos – 1 match (0 wins, 1 drawn, 0 losses = 0% win ratio)
- Craig Deans – No matches
- Clayton Zane – 1 match (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
Sydney FC Coach Record – Graham Arnold 61% win ratio (11 wins, 5 drawn, 2 losses)
- Newcastle haven’t scored in 464 minutes of play against Sydney.
- The Jets haven’t scored in the A-League for 440 minues (7 hours and 20 minutes of football)
- The Jets last round record across the A-League is 4 wins, 0 drawn and 7 losses.
- In the last 10 games, the Jets have claimed 5 points from a possible 30. A loss this weekend will result change this to 2 from 30.
- In season 2013/14, the Jets kept 8 clean sheets. In the following 3 years combined, the Jets have kept 9.
Key Stats from Previous Round
- The Jets have now conceded the first goal 19 times in 26 matches this year.
- The 17 goals conceded since the last Jets goal equals the Australian football record set by NZ Knights. (@andyhowe_statto – source)
- For the first time in their A-League history, the Jets have lost 5 consecutive matches.
- Mateo Poljak made his 50th appearance.
- Nigel Boogaard is suspended after receiving his 8th booking in the last match.
- Labinot Haliti is in line to make his 100th appearance this weekend. In this 3 stints with the club, his 99 appearances have consisted of 55 starts and 44 appearances off the bench, scoring 15 goals. He’s been booked for excessive celebration (taking his shirt off) 5 times during his time with the Jets.
- Danny Vukovic has conceded 2 goals in the last 4 seasons against the Jets (9 appearances)
- Wayne Brown is available for selection following the completion of his suspension.
- Alex Brosque is the player who has scored the most A-League goals against the Jets with 12 in 25 appearances.
- Nigel Boogaard captained the Jets for the 40th time last week – the 2nd most in the club’s history. He equalled Jade North (40) and remains behind Ruben Zadkovich (44)
- The Jets are 12 matches without experiencing victory in this fixture. Their last win was 22/12/2012.
- Newcastle have had 11 different players score this season – the most in the last 5 years.
- However, only 4 players have scored multiple (2+) goals this season (Nabbout, Hoole, Boogaard, Brown) – this is the fewest since 2008/09 (3 multiple scorers)
- Without Nigel Boogaard in the team, the Jets have won 2, drawn 3 and lost 8.
- A loss will see the Jets be on a 10 game winless run for the 4th time in 3 seasons.