The Squadron FSC Committee representatives met with Newcastle Jets and MJ Stadium officials on Thursday 10th November.
We wish to thank all supporters who contacted us with feedback regarding active support issues. We have been able to negotiate the following items with respect to active support:
- Anyone holding a Jets membership anywhere in the stadium can gain entry into the active support bay at any time without a specialised ticket by simply showing your members card. This negates the need to swap your membership outside the stadium for a specific squadron ticket prior to the match. This will also allow free movement into the bay during the match for those supporters who wish to join in during the game (subject to capacity)
- The active support area will be monitored and access will closed off when capacity is reached. If you wish to join active support, you will need to enter the bay prior to it being closed to prevent overcrowding
- A common sense approach to children purchasing squadron tickets from ticket windows who won’t be required to submit details if accompanied and purchasing with a parent/guardian
- Unfortunately we were unable to get any amendments to purchasing tickets online, only single adult tickets will be available via Ticketmasters website. This is due to Ticketmaster’s system.
- Squadron tickets are available for sale at any ticket window at the stadium on gameday, however there will continue to be a dedicated active support window at the Southern entry gates.
We hope that these measures remove some of the barriers supporters have previously experienced when trying to join active support, and that this will have a positive effect on numbers for future games. We must also sincerely thank both club and stadium officials for their willingness to work with us to improve the experience and attendances for active supporters.
See you for the F3 Derby on Sunday!!!
The Squadron FSC Inc, Committee
The Squadron FSC has been liaising with the club after some issues were experienced with regards to ticketing for the new active area on the Southern Hill in Round 1.
There was some confusion about ticketing requirements to be able to access the active support area, unfortunately it wasn’t properly communicated that an unreserved General Admission ticket or membership wasn’t suitable (unlike the trial at the end of last season).
As the new Squadron bay now has a specific capacity, only a Squadron ticket or membership (which is a reserved GA ticket) will gain access to the active support area.
There are a number of ways to participate in active support for the 2016/17 season.
You can purchase a full season or 3 game Squadron membership. A membership represents a significant cost saving to purchasing tickets game to game. You can purchase your membership via this link https://membership.newcastlejets.com.au/
If you currently hold a Jets membership NOT in the Squadron bay, you can swap your membership for a gameday Squadron ticket. Simply visit the Members Services window on the left side of the Western Stand Entrance.
You can pre-purchase an adult Squadron ticket by visiting this link http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/Newcastle-Jets-FC-tickets/artist/1055546?tm_link=tm_homeA_b_10004_4 and select the fixture you wish to purchase tickets for. Click “South General Admission” to bring up Southern Hill categories. Select “Home Active Support Area” to purchase a Squadron ticket.
If purchasing via the Ticketmaster mobile app select “Newcastle Jets Supporter Area”
Unfortunately Junior and Concession Squadron tickets can only be purchased at the stadium.
Squadron tickets can also be purchased at the dedicated ticket window at the Southern Entry gates. If you purchase a non Squadron ticket and wish to swap it, you can swap it for a Squadron ticket at this window also.
If you experience any issues with regards to ticketing or entry into the Squadron bay, please let us know either during the game or send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can raise it with the Jets.
Never Tear Us Apart