24-06-2012, 07:13 PM
Charlestown City Blues Vs Belmont Tingara

Reserves

3 - 1

Firsts

5 - 1

a-gunners
26-06-2012, 07:45 PM
what happened in the westlakes kurri game. did westlakes play really bad or did kurri just play really good??

true waterboy
26-06-2012, 11:20 PM
westlakes played pretty bad with the majority of their mid being ressies.
kurris goal came from a penalty. an off target shot hit a defender on the edge of the box (in the face) and kurri cried hand ball and it was awarded. after seeing kurri twice now they complain every challenge for handball. bit of a joke really.

true waterboy
26-06-2012, 11:22 PM
kurri westlakes catch up game
0-1 ressies
1-3 1sts

a-gunners
27-06-2012, 05:46 PM
charlestown v olympic tonight at charlestown oval washout catchup 1st grade kick of at 8

Swanky
27-06-2012, 10:48 PM
Charlestown v Olympic
Res 0.1
1st 1.2

Swanky
28-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Do any other teams have washout games rescheduled

true waterboy
28-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Not that I no of. We finally played our catch up from round 2 Tuesday after rescheduling 3 times lol. Ppl probs are in similar situations with the wet weather

the_butcher
28-06-2012, 08:01 PM
As per usual we are having trouble organising a catch up with Kurri

the_butcher
28-06-2012, 08:03 PM
For those that werent in this comp last year, we (muswellbrook) didnt play Kurri at all last season. They stuffed us around with a catch up game until the association stepped in and made it a draw and then they forfeited the other match.

true waterboy
28-06-2012, 08:46 PM
As per usual we are having trouble organising a catch up with Kurri

Who ever I was dealing with at Kurri was pretty good. Had to reschedule like 3 times due to weather but always had early notice via text.

true waterboy
01-07-2012, 01:34 AM
Any results from the weekend so far?

Sheepy
01-07-2012, 08:50 AM
Jesmond v bellbird
First 0-0
Res 4- 0

a-gunners
01-07-2012, 04:22 PM
1st grade
kurri 1 1 charlestown. charlestown had alot of players out.
ressies
kurri 3 2 charlestown

Swanky
01-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Belmont v Olympic
Res 2-1
1st 3-2

true waterboy
01-07-2012, 07:17 PM
mussy v westlakes
ressies 2-0
1sts 3-0
Game was closer than the scores show, first goal was the most ridiculous penalty called by the sideline ref that had even mussy laughing.

the_butcher
02-07-2012, 06:26 AM
mussy v westlakes
ressies 2-0
1sts 3-0
Game was closer than the scores show, first goal was the most ridiculous penalty called by the sideline ref that had even mussy laughing.

Cant really argue with the pen, ive seen them given and ive seen them not given. The amount of dodgy pens/decisions we've had given against us (something ridiculous like 5 pens in the first 5 rounds and 5 red cards in first 6 rounds) it's nice to get the rub of the green for a change.

Westlakes play some very nice football and deserve to be where they are on the table.

true waterboy
02-07-2012, 12:47 PM
Cant really argue with the pen, ive seen them given and ive seen them not given. The amount of dodgy pens/decisions we've had given against us (something ridiculous like 5 pens in the first 5 rounds and 5 red cards in first 6 rounds) it's nice to get the rub of the green for a change.

Westlakes play some very nice football and deserve to be where they are on the table.

Ive gotto argue with that penalty. was talking with the mussy player from the bench and he admitted the shirt pulling was between both of them 10m away from the box.
how a ref can give a penalty from that far out of the box is a joke.

Either way was a good day. always love playing mussy.

the_butcher
02-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Ive gotto argue with that penalty. was talking with the mussy player from the bench and he admitted the shirt pulling was between both of them 10m away from the box.
how a ref can give a penalty from that far out of the box is a joke.

Either way was a good day. always love playing mussy.

I agree that the shirt pulling started outside the box but the fact that he made it into the box and was on goal whilst the shirt grabbing was still going on constitutes a pen. Like I said, ive seen them given and seen them not given. It was soft and I can definitely see how you lads wouldnt have been happy but as the old saying goes, that's football, and we've definitely copped our fair share of bad calls this season.

true waterboy
02-07-2012, 01:13 PM
both players involved have admitted to me it stopped well outside the box.
either way i think going by the majority of the rounds this year i think the refing needs to improve

pv4
02-07-2012, 01:24 PM
if the pen was truly that laughable i'd imagine mussy wouldn't have scored it and would have done the whole fair play thing. sounds like a foul from just reading here, so who really cares - it's over and i'd say not that big a deal judging from the final score.

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii553/pv4zanewy/nothing_to_see_here.jpg

TXK
02-07-2012, 03:46 PM

Westlakes were very solid team, definitely one of the better teams we have played this season and deserve to be challenging for top spot. It was gernerally agreed amongst the Mussy boys that no. 9, was absolutely class, one of the better players in the division! Refereeing decisions aside, I thought Mussy were good for their clean-sheet yesterday and overall deserved the points due to sheer effort and determination. Guaranteed that Westlakes will be there in the big games come the business end of the season but.

the_butcher
02-07-2012, 03:48 PM
The forum is designed to be a place for discussion...which is exactly how we are using it. The thread gets as boring as bat shit when it's just people typing the latest scores. It's always interesting to hear other people's points of view.

And Waterboy, I agree the refereeing has been woeful so far this season but I suppose we should be grateful to even have officials. TBH im sick of seeing the same (rubbish) refs every week. Surely they can mix it up a bit?

p-diddy
02-07-2012, 04:24 PM
coming into the business end of the season i think charlestown will win the comp but the next 3 weeks will be defying westlakes play terrace and charlestown and still have a catchup against a strong belmont team.
pretty far out from but these are my predictions
charlestown: struggling of late but players coming back from suspension / injury ive heard
westlakes: tough run in the next few weeks think will drop 1 or 2 games and will give charlestown breathing space
terrace : been worked out with there 2 strikers still very dangerous but easier to defend when u no whats coming at u.long ball
belmont: good all round team play terrace in the last week might leapfrog them with a win on the last day
olympic : quality individuals
musso: alot of home games left
jeso : looking abit better now
medowie: dont think theres enough depth
kurri: play at home on a big greasy deck will need a win or draw against bellbird to save demotion
bellbird: to get the spoon

true waterboy
02-07-2012, 05:07 PM
I think it will come down to charlestown, westlakes, belmont.
as said above i think the next 3 are defying and will most likely decide the title.

a-gunners
02-07-2012, 06:38 PM
does anyone no what happened in the terrace medowie derby?

Swanky
02-07-2012, 07:26 PM
does anyone no what happened in the terrace medowie derby?

Pretty sure it was washed out

Swanky
02-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Is there any catch up games scheduled for this week

Shayne
02-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Charlestown only have one catch up game against Bellbird (away) and we're up to date. Getting down the the final part of the season, as long as our players are fit and avoid suspension I think we'll be there in the end.

the_butcher
03-07-2012, 05:22 PM
coming into the business end of the season i think charlestown will win the comp but the next 3 weeks will be defying westlakes play terrace and charlestown and still have a catchup against a strong belmont team.
pretty far out from but these are my predictions
charlestown: struggling of late but players coming back from suspension / injury ive heard
westlakes: tough run in the next few weeks think will drop 1 or 2 games and will give charlestown breathing space
terrace : been worked out with there 2 strikers still very dangerous but easier to defend when u no whats coming at u.long ball
belmont: good all round team play terrace in the last week might leapfrog them with a win on the last day
olympic : quality individuals
musso: alot of home games left
jeso : looking abit better now
medowie: dont think theres enough depth
kurri: play at home on a big greasy deck will need a win or draw against bellbird to save demotion
bellbird: to get the spoon

Great predictions, I would have to agree with most of them. The exception being us (Muswellbrook). A realistic goal for us is to avoid relegation. I cant see Jesmond or Medowie finishing below us for the simple fact that we can only really compete in our home matches (I think by now most of you know our Away game circumstances). I think we will be battling it out in a relegation dogfight come the arse end of the season.

Definitely agree with your comments re The Terrace. Mark those 2 strikers tightly and they struggle. They are also extremely suseptable to a little bit of friendly niggle, especially the bigger bloke.

Also, can somebody tell me how many teams get relegated? Is it only bottom 2?

Shayne
03-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Great predictions, I would have to agree with most of them. The exception being us (Muswellbrook). A realistic goal for us is to avoid relegation. I cant see Jesmond or Medowie finishing below us for the simple fact that we can only really compete in our home matches (I think by now most of you know our Away game circumstances). I think we will be battling it out in a relegation dogfight come the arse end of the season.

Definitely agree with your comments re The Terrace. Mark those 2 strikers tightly and they struggle. They are also extremely suseptable to a little bit of friendly niggle, especially the bigger bloke.

Also, can somebody tell me how many teams get relegated? Is it only bottom 2?

Usually bottom 1, but with only 6 teams being in ZL3 I think there would have to be a big gap between 1 & 2 for two teams to be promoted. This year three teams came up because they wanted to make this a 10 team comp.

p-diddy
03-07-2012, 05:50 PM
well looking at ur draw u play bellbird and kurri at home with ur full strength home team. use will be right i dont think musso will be fighting relegation considering kurri havent won a game yet this year. only 1 team gets demoted but it also depends on whos going up from 3rds not sure how uni is going in the higher league but im not sure if they can gain promotion cause there has to be a 2 grade gap. thats y they didnt try and go up last year. not 100 percent so dont quote me

the_butcher
03-07-2012, 05:54 PM
well looking at ur draw u play bellbird and kurri at home with ur full strength home team. use will be right i dont think musso will be fighting relegation considering kurri havent won a game yet this year. only 1 team gets demoted but it also depends on whos going up from 3rds not sure how uni is going in the higher league but im not sure if they can gain promotion cause there has to be a 2 grade gap. thats y they didnt try and go up last year. not 100 percent so dont quote me

Ok thanks for the info, if it's only one team relegation you would think we'd definitely be safe!

true waterboy
03-07-2012, 06:03 PM

I think kurri are a better team then there position on the ladder shows. I dont think they are a walk over as some people seem to beleive.
I dont think there is a chance the mussy will be relegated. I know they cant play their full strength team regularly but when they do they are a top 4 side.

Swanky
06-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Hopefully this crap weather does not effect many games tommorow
I know Connolly park is very wet hopefully no more rain

a-gunners
06-07-2012, 06:44 PM
unfortunately i cant see many games being on this weekend. jeso might play though

Sheepy
06-07-2012, 06:52 PM
The jesmond game has already been called off

a-gunners
06-07-2012, 06:55 PM
thats surprising i thought that would be the last game of when we played there think everyone else was called of.. good indication of how bad the weathers been hope we find out before musso get on the bus lol

Sheepy
06-07-2012, 06:59 PM
It's not really the weather we were ment to be playing up at jesmond park with weekend and that field is hit for drainage

Grimario
06-07-2012, 07:01 PM
I can vouch for Jesmond Park. Was there a few hours ago, absolutely shit underfoot.

Swanky
07-07-2012, 08:09 AM
Olympic v Kurri @ Connolly is off
Council has closed the ground

a-gunners
07-07-2012, 09:23 AM
charlie v musso off
is westlakes terrace on??

pv4
07-07-2012, 09:42 AM
is westlakes terrace on??

orf

a-gunners
07-07-2012, 09:51 AM
is that 3 catchup games for u guys now?

a-gunners
07-07-2012, 09:51 AM
**terrace

pv4
07-07-2012, 10:14 AM
i am closer aligned to westlakes so i have no idea how many games terrace have to catch up.

my sauce of westlakes being off: westlakes president(s).

a-gunners
09-07-2012, 05:34 PM
Has any teams organised washout replays for this weekend? whos playing who

Swanky
10-07-2012, 06:21 AM
Olympic v Kurri Monday night @ Connolly Oval

Swanky
10-07-2012, 09:34 PM
Muswellbrook v Belmont on Sunday going on referee appointments

a-gunners
15-07-2012, 07:00 PM
Did musso and Belmont get on today?

Swanky
16-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Olympic v Kurri
Res 4.1
1st 3.1

Xeno
17-07-2012, 07:20 AM
Olympic v Kurri
Res 4.1
1st 3.1 is there any chance of getting an updated later or some where we're we can search?? The zone league page wont update...

the_butcher
17-07-2012, 11:13 AM
Did musso and Belmont get on today?

1sts:
Bel 5 Mus 3

Muswellbrook defence was ridiculously poor and Belmont made them pay. With the match at 2-2 i thought Muswellbrook were going to take the 3 points but Belmont were clinical in attack. Well done to Belmont, thoroughly deserved the 3 points.

Res:
Mus 2 Bel 0

Muswellbrook were a class above. Could have been 10-0 on another day.

le_cocks
18-07-2012, 04:43 PM
westlakes played pretty bad with the majority of their mid being ressies.
kurris goal came from a penalty. an off target shot hit a defender on the edge of the box (in the face) and kurri cried hand ball and it was awarded. after seeing kurri twice now they complain every challenge for handball. bit of a joke really.

ease up idiot all teams cry handball when it is close to the hands
dont whinge and say we are the only team that does it
pull your head in

true waterboy
18-07-2012, 05:03 PM
ease up idiot all teams cry handball when it is close to the hands
dont whinge and say we are the only team that does it
pull your head in
I never said u guys are the only team that does it. But in saying that i havnt seen a team cry wolf when it comes to hand balls as much as in those two games and i think my post was pretty accurate.
Anyways if it was so far from the truth someone would of said something before now since it has been just shy of a month since posting that. Im not really worried about arguing about a small incident that happened a month ago

le_cocks
20-07-2012, 07:09 PM
kurri v muswellbrook washed game will be played this tuesday @ birralee oval

Xeno
21-07-2012, 12:04 AM
Can we get an updated ladder please??

furns
21-07-2012, 09:13 AM
http://www.allfrp.com/images/ladders/200591215448762.gif

Ill get my coat

true waterboy
21-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Can we get an updated ladder please??

http://www.sportingpulse.com/comp_info.cgi?c=1-8218-110125-204878-0&pool=1&round=0&a=LADDER
go to that link rather. cant be bothered posting a new ladder every week

Xeno
21-07-2012, 09:53 AM
http://www.sportingpulse.com/comp_info.cgi?c=1-8218-110125-204878-0&pool=1&round=0&a=LADDER
go to that link rather. cant be bothered posting a new ladder every week

Yeah that's not updated 2 weeks behind.. Thanks any way!!

Shayne
21-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Raymond Terrace V Charlestown at Terrace

Reserves

2 - 2

Firsts

6 - 3

hawk
21-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Raymond Terrace V Charlestown at Terrace

Reserves 2 - 2
Firsts 6 - 3
teararce making a charge knocking off top spot and continuing the high scoring. You guys playing 2 at the back?

Westlakes Wildcats FC
21-07-2012, 07:46 PM
Westlakes v Medowie

Reserves: Westlakes won. Can't remember score.
Firsts: Westlakes 2-0.

true waterboy
22-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Westlakes v Medowie

Reserves: Westlakes won. Can't remember score.
Firsts: Westlakes 2-0.

ressies was 1-0 westlakes

Swanky
22-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Muswellbrook v Olympic
1st 4.1
Res Olympic forfeit

true waterboy
22-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Muswellbrook v Olympic
1st 4.1
Res Olympic forfeit

Whats happening out olympic way. how come u guys forfeited? was it just that people didnt want to make the trip?

Swanky
22-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Whats happening out olympic way. how come u guys forfeited? was it just that people didnt want to make the trip?

Coped a few injuries mid week game and few players overseas and a few who work Sunday's and couldn't change shifts and suspensions overall 16 were out

true waterboy
22-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Coped a few injuries mid week game and few players overseas and a few who work Sunday's and couldn't change shifts and suspensions overall 16 were out

fair enough, was just interested to hear.

the_butcher
23-07-2012, 11:37 AM

From Muswellbrook point of view im not complaining about the forfeit but I found it a pretty strange decision. Olympic rezzies were only 2 points (?) outside the semis. Surely blokes could have played two games? We take around 15/16 players for both grades for most of our away games. Anyway, im sure westlakes, belmont and charli were happy about it.

Match report for 1sts:
Muswellbrook did it pretty easily. 1st half dominated possession and were up 3-0. Olympic scored a great goal volley or half volley from outside the box right on half time to give themselves half a sniff. Muswellbrook closed the game out in the 2nd half, scoring another goal & were unlucky not to have scored more. Final score 4-1.

le_cocks
25-07-2012, 10:18 AM
kurri v jesmond from weekend
ressies 1-5
firsts 2-3

from a kurri point of view first grade we had alot of players out. and it looked liked jesmond played had alot of players out aswell
ressies jesmond just out played us they look like are gonna be hard to be beat.

le_cocks
25-07-2012, 10:19 AM
kurri v muswellbrook washout game that was suppose to be played was called off council closed ground
game will now be played next thursday

true waterboy
25-07-2012, 11:53 AM
anyone know why in sporting pulse belmont defeted bellbird 0-0?
did bellbird forfeit or was it meant to be a draw???

Swanky
28-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Olympic v Raymond Terrace
1st 3-5
Res 4-1

true waterboy
28-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Charlestown vs westlakes
Res 1 all
1st 0 2

the_butcher
29-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Jesmond vs Muswellbrook
Res:1-1
1sts:3-3

Muswellbrook pretty shattered not to have taken the 3 points in both grades. A goalkeeping howler from Mussy keeper in the final minutes of Firsts meant both teams left with a point which didnt help either side in terms of the table.

On a side note, that pitch at Jesmond is one of the worst ive ever played on in terms of its size and surface. It is an absolute credit to Jesmond to be sitting where they are on the table having to play on it every second week. The surface is not conducive to playing any type of passing game and its size makes it very cramped with very little distance between both lines of defense.

le_cocks
29-07-2012, 06:32 PM
kurri v bellbird
firsts 2-1
resereves 5-4

the_butcher
29-07-2012, 06:41 PM
kurri v bellbird
firsts 2-1
resereves 5-4

Looks like it would have been a very entertaining day of football. Rezzies 5-4 must have been a cracker.

roundballsarebetter
01-08-2012, 09:43 AM
Gday Fellas I thought Id post a updated 1st grade table since its getting near squeaky bum time for a few teams. Feedback would be appreciated as IM not sure If Ive got all the catchup games added to it,

NOTE This table includes last nights result between rayt and medowie which I heard was 5.1 to medowie ( B Nice if someone could confirm this). I also did not do every team as I only did the teams that I thought were in finals contention

POS TEAM................P......W......L......D.......F ......A.......GD......PTS
1 Westlakes.............13......8.......2......3.... ..41......17......24......27
2 Belmont................13......8.......3......2... ...34......22......12......26
3 Raymond T............13......8.......4......1......58..... .37......21......25
4 Charlestown..........12......7.......4......1..... .34......25......9.......22
5 Hamilton...............15......7.......7......1... ...37......36......1.......22
6 Jesmond...............14......5.......3......6.... ..28......25......3.......21
8 Muswellbrook.........13......5.......7......2..... .40......45.....-1.......16

shark attack
01-08-2012, 02:00 PM
yes its right 5 - 1 medowie resies 3 - 0 terrace

le_cocks
01-08-2012, 07:19 PM
yeh ressies prob not the best technically. but very entertaining could of went either way.
firsts was a game of miss oppurtunities both sides had oppurtunities just couldnt hit the target both keepers had good games

roundballsarebetter
02-08-2012, 09:50 AM
yeh ressies prob not the best technically. but very entertaining could of went either way.
firsts was a game of miss oppurtunities both sides had oppurtunities just couldnt hit the target both keepers had good games

Which game is this?

true waterboy
02-08-2012, 10:35 AM
I have a feeling he is talking about ressies in kurri v bellbird

TXK
03-08-2012, 11:32 AM
Mussy vs. Kurri (catch-up)

Ressies:
Kurri 0
Muswellbrook 4

Missed the first two goals but apparently one was a penalty and the other a screamer from about 25 yards out. Muswellbrook pretty well controlled the match, didn't really look overly tested were 3-0 up after about 20 minutes. Second half was a little bit fiery, a couple of players from both sides getting involved in some push and shove, all equated to nothing but. Mussy went home 4-0 winners, comfortable victory.

Firsts:
Kurri 0
Muswellbrook 7

Game started pretty even, both teams had a couple of chances. Didn't take Muswellbrook too long to score but, and once they did the goals started to flow. Kurri still had moments on the counter and had a couple of chances. Big guy up front was really strong on the ball and good at holding up and bringing the other striker and wide men into play. If not for a couple of good saves and some decent last ditch defending Kurri may have nicked a goal in the first half. Half time score was 4-0 to Muswellbrook. Second half Muswellbrook controlled from the outset and pretty well camped in Kurri's half. There were a couple of young guys playing in the backline that had a pretty tough game against a Muswellbrook not missing any players. Mussy had a fair few chances and scored 3 but if not for Kurri's keeper it really could have been double figures, the 7-0 scoreline is by no means a reflection of his performance, he was immense. Last night was the first time I have seen him wear gloves as well!

One comment/question I have is that Muswellbrook vs. Kurri games have traditionally been extremely hard fought, tight games, with only ever a goal or two in it and are generally pretty fiery affairs as well. It has always been the first fixture that the Muswellbrook boys look for on the draw at the beginning of the year. Last night but, the majority of the Kurri boys that have in the past added to making this fixture as fiery and enjoyable as they have been in the past were either playing ressies or watching the game from in front of the canteen. Maybe le_cocks can shed some light on this, do not many of the players from previous season (specifically from the GF two years ago) play anymore?

Shayne
03-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Bellbird Vs Charlestown @ Bellbird

Reserves

0 - 3 - Played on Thursday 2nd.

Firsts

0 - 0 - Played on Tuesday 31st.

From what I've heard it was a pretty rough game, with one of the Charlie players deliberately elbowed in the face (has a broken nose) and charlie only received a free kick.
Charlie also scored a goal which was pretty clear cut to only be flagged offside by the bellbird "linesman". There were no official refs.

Good luck to any team playing away their for the remainder of the season. They've got nothing to gain from this season anymore. Watch your shins :)

le_cocks
03-08-2012, 07:46 PM
I have a feeling he is talking about ressies in kurri v bellbird

yeh sorry i was talking about ressies

le_cocks
03-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Mussy vs. Kurri (catch-up)

Ressies:
Kurri 0
Muswellbrook 4

Missed the first two goals but apparently one was a penalty and the other a screamer from about 25 yards out. Muswellbrook pretty well controlled the match, didn't really look overly tested were 3-0 up after about 20 minutes. Second half was a little bit fiery, a couple of players from both sides getting involved in some push and shove, all equated to nothing but. Mussy went home 4-0 winners, comfortable victory.

Firsts:
Kurri 0
Muswellbrook 7

Game started pretty even, both teams had a couple of chances. Didn't take Muswellbrook too long to score but, and once they did the goals started to flow. Kurri still had moments on the counter and had a couple of chances. Big guy up front was really strong on the ball and good at holding up and bringing the other striker and wide men into play. If not for a couple of good saves and some decent last ditch defending Kurri may have nicked a goal in the first half. Half time score was 4-0 to Muswellbrook. Second half Muswellbrook controlled from the outset and pretty well camped in Kurri's half. There were a couple of young guys playing in the backline that had a pretty tough game against a Muswellbrook not missing any players. Mussy had a fair few chances and scored 3 but if not for Kurri's keeper it really could have been double figures, the 7-0 scoreline is by no means a reflection of his performance, he was immense. Last night was the first time I have seen him wear gloves as well!

One comment/question I have is that Muswellbrook vs. Kurri games have traditionally been extremely hard fought, tight games, with only ever a goal or two in it and are generally pretty fiery affairs as well. It has always been the first fixture that the Muswellbrook boys look for on the draw at the beginning of the year. Last night but, the majority of the Kurri boys that have in the past added to making this fixture as fiery and enjoyable as they have been in the past were either playing ressies or watching the game from in front of the canteen. Maybe le_cocks can shed some light on this, do not many of the players from previous season (specifically from the GF two years ago) play anymore?

Yeh TXK it is always the first game we look at it. I have been part of kurri for the past 8 years and we have played them pretty much every year except for a few early were u guys were really struggling 4 numbers. As far as numbers from GF two years ago, we have lost about 4 from that team and a few more from last season. main reasons we are losing so many players is 2 the mines. Last nite was when i had most of them playing, i ususally lose 7 first graders every 2nd week those 7 are probably most best players aswell (including keeper and big guy up front) not whinging i am sure it happens 2 most team u have 2 deal with it thats why we have been blooding young fellas. Those 3 young kids are all only just 16 did pretty good against those FREAK strikers (in a good way). If u guys had that team playing most weeks u would be sitting top, easily the best side we have played all season no weakness anyway.

bombers_away
04-08-2012, 12:25 AM
Bellbird Vs Charlestown @ Bellbird

Reserves

0 - 3 - Played on Thursday 2nd.

Firsts

0 - 0 - Played on Tuesday 31st.

From what I've heard it was a pretty rough game, with one of the Charlie players deliberately elbowed in the face (has a broken nose) and charlie only received a free kick.
Charlie also scored a goal which was pretty clear cut to only be flagged offside by the bellbird "linesman". There were no official refs.

Good luck to any team playing away their for the remainder of the season. They've got nothing to gain from this season anymore. Watch your shins :)

Shayne, from memory I am sure I have had the same issues with your posts previously. Very one sided and as it appears some sort of axe to grind against Bellbird. Therefore, I will post a reply which will offer two sides of the story.

It was a rough game, one in which I actually took part in as opposed to receiving information second hand. The game had no malice whatsoever with both teams giving as good as they got and shaking hands after the game with no dramas to speak of. Given that you 'heard' what happened it is ridiculous you can accuse our player of deliberately elbowing your player. There was no such elbow. The incident you are referring too happened when our player turned in to yours with no elbows raised - the point of contact was with our players shoulder if your player broke his nose, that is unfortunate and we wish him a speedy recovery (given he finished the match I feel he will probably finish the season unhindered). The free kick received by Charlestown was for a trip - nothing to do with any such elbow.

In relation to the 'goal' Charlestown scored, the offside flag was up well before the ball hit the net. It barely sailed over our goalkeepers head and he had stopped his attempt as the flag was raised well in advance of the goal being scored. It is also funny you failed to mention the goal Bellbird also had disallowed for offside as well - flagged by a Bellbird "linesman".

Saying we have nothing to gain is also a ridiculous statement. We are playing for pride and also to maintain our position in ID2 in 2013.

Anyways, I am sure you will disagree with my comments, but that is expected. No top four team likes dropping points against the team running last. Good luck in the semis, you guys have had a great season.

Cheers!

Shayne
04-08-2012, 03:09 AM
Shayne, from memory I am sure I have had the same issues with your posts previously. Very one sided and as it appears some sort of axe to grind against Bellbird. Therefore, I will post a reply which will offer two sides of the story.

It was a rough game, one in which I actually took part in as opposed to receiving information second hand. The game had no malice whatsoever with both teams giving as good as they got and shaking hands after the game with no dramas to speak of. Given that you 'heard' what happened it is ridiculous you can accuse our player of deliberately elbowing your player. There was no such elbow. The incident you are referring too happened when our player turned in to yours with no elbows raised - the point of contact was with our players shoulder if your player broke his nose, that is unfortunate and we wish him a speedy recovery (given he finished the match I feel he will probably finish the season unhindered). The free kick received by Charlestown was for a trip - nothing to do with any such elbow.

In relation to the 'goal' Charlestown scored, the offside flag was up well before the ball hit the net. It barely sailed over our goalkeepers head and he had stopped his attempt as the flag was raised well in advance of the goal being scored. It is also funny you failed to mention the goal Bellbird also had disallowed for offside as well - flagged by a Bellbird "linesman".

Saying we have nothing to gain is also a ridiculous statement. We are playing for pride and also to maintain our position in ID2 in 2013.

Anyways, I am sure you will disagree with my comments, but that is expected. No top four team likes dropping points against the team running last. Good luck in the semis, you guys have had a great season.

Cheers!

Hey Bombers,

As you've stated this was information I was given and thought I'd post what I had received. (As apposed to posting nothing and the thread staying lifeless). That is what a forum is for. Going from previous matches against Bellbird, I know the games are always tough and not exactly the best for a travelling team, with the Bellbird home crowd getting behind their home team. There is no "axe to grind" against bellbird, just seems the be the most physical match away all year and we never seem to receive official refs.(Not sure why, maybe you can explain this? Perhaps this occasion is slightly different having the two teams play on different nights.)

Anyway as I in no way degraded Bellbird as a club, I simply stated the facts I was given, its always good to get the other side of the story, once again that is the whole point in having a forum. People can only provide "their" side of a story for the most part, as much as we'd all like to disagree we all are slightly biased towards the team we play for or are associated with in some way.

Good luck with the rest of your season and perhaps we'll see you next year.

a-gunners
04-08-2012, 08:13 AM
It was an elbow to the nose and the reffing was terrible the flag was going up before the player even made his run every time 1 eyed reffing. There should have been yellows for both teams the ref even got in 1 of our players faces. As for the result Charlestown didn't take there chances

roundballsarebetter
04-08-2012, 08:51 AM
A few dropped points by teams in the top 4 mid week, gonna be a great finish to the season with 7 teams trying to fit into 4 spots

true waterboy
04-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Hey Bombers,
just seems the be the most physical match away all year and we never seem to receive official refs.(Not sure why, maybe you can explain this? Perhaps this occasion is slightly different having the two teams play on different nights.)

I dont know the exact reason why but it seems like the few teams outside of the main newcastle area get alot fewer referees. We normally have referees for about 3 quarter of our games and have to have a club ref for the others.

I must say not having seen this game it seems like it was close to fair reffing as both teams had a dissallowed goal. Its alot harder to be a club ref than you expect. my first time was against u guys in first grade and you find out quickly u cant please everyone u just have to call it how u see it and hope the players realise you are going to miss some blatant fouls and call some soft ones.

I doubt the elbow was intentional anyways. ive had a bleeding nose in one of our games for a stray elbow this year and didnt receive a foul with an official ref. its just the nature of the game.

outsider
04-08-2012, 04:19 PM
I dont know the exact reason why but it seems like the few teams outside of the main newcastle area get alot fewer referees. We normally have referees for about 3 quarter of our games and have to have a club ref for the others.

I must say not having seen this game it seems like it was close to fair reffing as both teams had a dissallowed goal. Its alot harder to be a club ref than you expect. my first time was against u guys in first grade and you find out quickly u cant please everyone u just have to call it how u see it and hope the players realise you are going to miss some blatant fouls and call some soft ones.

I doubt the elbow was intentional anyways. ive had a bleeding nose in one of our games for a stray elbow this year and didnt receive a foul with an official ref. its just the nature of the game.

Maybe it is because there are not enough referees and they are appointed first to higher division games-also the policy is not to appoint only one referee to games-safety in numbers.You can blame this on one of the higher division clubs who caused trouble a few years ago.With mid week games,there have been many lately and referees are not always available to come out twice a week for football-some of us have lives outside football.

true waterboy
04-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Westlakes vs Hamilton
Res 0 3. Westlakes played terriable. Enough said.
1st 0 1. Another hack fest by Hamilton. Think they got 4 or 5 yellows and should of had reds but weren't given. Hopefully they start to play some football instead of trying to hack all day

Shayne
04-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Charlestown Vs Medowie @ Charlestown

Reserves

5 - 0

Firsts

2 - 1

Couldn't make it to either game, maybe someone who seen the games will write up something about them. Hate to upset anyone with misguided information :tongue:

Swanky
04-08-2012, 10:50 PM
Westlakes vs Hamilton
Res 0 3. Westlakes played terriable. Enough said.
1st 0 1. Another hack fest by Hamilton. Think they got 4 or 5 yellows and should of had reds but weren't given. Hopefully they start to play some football instead of trying to hack all day

I will agree to disagree the ref was with Westlakes in both games we did well to win both games

roundballsarebetter
04-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Raymond terrace v jesmond

Res...... 2.1 jes....... I didnt get to see much ??

1sts .... 4.2 jesmond, big win for jesmond..... Tale of the day was jesmond finished their chances and terrace did not....

Makes for an interesting final few rounds

true waterboy
04-08-2012, 11:33 PM
I will agree to disagree the ref was with Westlakes in both games we did well to win both games
The ref we had was a state league ref and did a good job. A number of desicions that I didn't agree with as I'm.sure u.guys didn't agree with. The fact u guys had something like 11 yellows and 2 reds in the 2 games we played with different refs proves my arguement .

Xeno
05-08-2012, 12:50 AM
I thought Hamilton where the much better team from both grades especially 1st grade actually to be ohnest Westlakes didn't have more then 3 shots on goals all game hamiltons defence was to good and well organized some how don't no how Westlakes are where they are so they definetly got served today...

true waterboy
05-08-2012, 02:08 AM
I thought Hamilton where the much better team from both grades especially 1st grade actually to be ohnest Westlakes didn't have more then 3 shots on goals all game hamiltons defence was to good and well organized some how don't no how Westlakes are where they are so they definetly got served today...
I don't think a 1 0 win is a serve
The win by westlakes in first round like 5 1 or something like that is a serve but if that's ur season highlight good on yas

GJ23
05-08-2012, 08:38 AM
Season highlight??
Don't be ridiculous .. Hamilton played all over westlakes.
"Served"is putting it politely... lol!
West lakes where lucky the score wasn't at least 6-0.
It seems truewaterboy is a little upset..
Hamilton actually played as good as they can considering they had at least 5 players out.
Hamilton have players from other teams handing them there details to go and join them next season. I heard of at least of 3 players from west lakes are interested.
Hamilton play hard. They always will.
Accept it..

GJ23
05-08-2012, 08:45 AM
You are obviously a westlakes supporter.
One of them drunk idiots on the hill I'd say..
Hamilton where well behaved.
Westlakes "10" was marked out of the game by Olympics "40"
It's simple, without him you guys struggle big time.
Olympic played like champions.
Expect a much stronger squad next year from Olympic.

GJ23
05-08-2012, 11:45 AM
mussy v westlakes
ressies 2-0
1sts 3-0

The ref we had was a state league ref and did a good job. A number of desicions that I didn't agree with as I'm.sure u.guys didn't agree with. The fact u guys had something like 11 yellows and 2 reds in the 2 games we played with different refs proves my arguement .

I love the fact that you know so much about Hamilton Olympic, and they still smashed Westlakes @rathmines.
Imagine what the score would have been if we are at full strength?
Olympic are a pack of tough nuts!
I think everybody knows that now.We will agree with you.
The thing is...
"We love that"

Some people say that football is a matter of life or death..
We say, It's much more important then that!

Grunta
05-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Ha ha I love the fact that you blokes think beating a team1 nil is serving it them lol. If ham actually scored 6 goals now that would be a serve.

pv4
05-08-2012, 01:19 PM
after work I rolled down to the cats v Olympic & joined the drunk guys on the hill. we gave just as much as the wags of Hamilton, and I enjoyed the atmosphere yesterday. the only bad atmosphere created seemed to be by the small
man assistant coach of Olympic - his verbals were over the top.

it's clear with the ~5 players Westlakes have out that they're struggling, and relying heavily on the big striker. they wouldn't be in the same position without him, no, but after a host of players left during preseason due to other commitments I guess it was lucky the cats picked him up.

the mentality of Olympic yesterday reminded me heaps of Italy - defend very rashly & with heavy force, borderline illegal challenges but talking their way out of it, and on the ball they are incredibly soft, easy to push off the ball & always looking and asking for the foul. there was one definite challenge by Olympic I can think of that deserve a red.

Olympic kind of picked up how to lock out Westlakes, which was stop the flow through the big striker. how they went about it was silly though - foul him everytime and they were all those kind of challenges that after about 3 or 4 it requires a yellow, but after the first yellow the ref was hesitant to give the second one to about 4 players so they had a licence to peg as it was clear the ref was reluctant for his second yellow. all Olympic had to do was double-mark the big striker and their whole team could have taken it to the cats, but instead they only single marked him & just had to foul a lot.

Westlakes were lost for thought yesterday - their players out are the ones who brings at of the creativity.

I wouldn't say Olympic dominated, but Westlakes weren't in the game very much. Olympic didn't take it to them like they should have.

highlights of the day go to the Olympic player belting the ball straight into his coaches nuts, and the other highlight was in a totally unrelated incident the Olympic coach yelled out to his players & fans "calm down, we don't want anything bad said about us on the forum!" it was lolworthy how paranoid he sounded.

pv4
05-08-2012, 01:31 PM
also I can guarantee no three players from Westlakes want to go to Olympic next season.

the_butcher
05-08-2012, 06:55 PM
. the only bad atmosphere created seemed to be by the small man assistant coach of Olympic - his verbals were over the top.

Probably the same bloke who got in our president face, swearing and carrying on like a pork chop. Blokes like that shouldnt be allowed near a football pitch, it's just embarrassing. I know a few of the Olympic boys and the majority of them are good fellas, unfortunatley it's people like the above mentioned that give their club a bad name/rep.

Anyway, Mussy vs Bellbird:

Res 1-0 to Muswellbrook: One of the worst games I can remember Muswellbrook playing, it was diabolical. Bellbird were reduced to 10 men after their Keeper was sent off early in the match so it made things extra hard for them. They hung in there after Muswellbrook squandered chance after chance and might have even pinched a goal themselves playing on the counter.

1sts 7-1 to Muswellbrook: Muswellbrook pretty much walked the match. Bellbird had it tough having a fair few players backing up from ressies so fair play to them.

Disinterested Bystander
06-08-2012, 07:31 AM
Really this can go on and on but end of the day musclebrook won't make the top 4... And Westlakes lost 1-0 so that's how it is weather u like it or not... Use can use all the excuses u want about how use think that Olympic where dirty and all the garbage that use are carrying on about but Olympic where all over use whether it's 1 goal or 5 use lost so cop it on the chin and get over it...

FMD is it school holidays at the moment?

Grunta
06-08-2012, 08:09 AM

Ha ha brilliant comment :roflz:

true waterboy
06-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Really this can go on and on but end of the day musclebrook won't make the top 4... And Westlakes lost 1-0 so that's how it is weather u like it or not... Use can use all the excuses u want about how use think that Olympic where dirty and all the garbage that use are carrying on about but Olympic where all over use whether it's 1 goal or 5 use lost so cop it on the chin and get over it...
Lol at bringing in mussy into ur rant. If they didnt have the shift workers out every week they would of been a force in this comp.
I still love how u think a 1-0 win is a serve. And yes if a team gets something like 13 cards (two of them reds) in two games its because they are dirty. its not what i think its fact lol.

lolz

Xeno
06-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Excuses excuses. That's not our problem about mbrook... And Westlakes get over it use got SERVED use had nothing against us last weekend 2 shots on goals use got outsmart and outplayed 1-0...

true waterboy
06-08-2012, 11:15 AM
Excuses excuses. That's not our problem about mbrook... And Westlakes get over it use got SERVED use had nothing against us last weekend 2 shots on goals use got outsmart and outplayed 1-0...
lol. we had more than two shots but thats a minor arguement. and 1-0 is not a serve. the goal wasnt even a good goal. it came from a shank clearance off a corner that fell straight at ur players feet. you guys arent clinical enough in attack to produce a serve.

Enough said on the matter, have a good day lolz

Bon
06-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Incorrect, misspelt and over use of the word 'use'. I feel the need to post in WGMG.. :lol:

Swanky
06-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Any mid week games this week

true waterboy
06-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Any mid week games this week

westlakes v terrace catch up will be on the 16th and
belmont v westlakes catch up on the 19th

GJ23
06-08-2012, 06:19 PM
lol. we had more than two shots but thats a minor arguement. and 1-0 is not a serve. the goal wasnt even a good goal. it came from a shank clearance off a corner that fell straight at ur players feet. you guys arent clinical enough in attack to produce a serve.

Enough said on the matter, have a good day lolz

All I can say is that on the day Hamilton where 1 goal more clinical then Westlakes on the day..
It doesn't matter if the score is 1-0 or 10-0 in the end the winning team still only gets 3 points.

Also, I think you are a little confused when saying that Hamilton "40" was kicking the westlakes "10" all day.

It was clearly the other way around and for some reason, no card was shown to "10"
This is why Hamilton play the way they do.

Why would you put 2 players on "10" when we have one player that outplayed & outsmarted him.
Not taking anything away from "10" he is a quality player. Absolute class!

Hamilton controlled the game, and where the much better team on the day.. Simple!

The goal was a great header, especially after the goal scorer was kicked in the head
" accidentally " I do honestly think .
Saying it was weak, and it came from a shanking kick from a defender makes me smile.
A goal is a goal champ!

You don't get extra points for scoring a 35 yard volley.. Trust me, I know, I've scored many bombs in my time.

It was good enough to give Hamilton the points and return home in a better mood then Westlakes on the day. Winners are grinners & it also means Hamilton have won 2 & lost 1 against Westlakes. Once again, work it out.

Considering that Hamilton have jumped up at least 1 division every year they have been together as a team proves to its competitors that they are,and will continue to grow stronger and much more dangerous year in year out.

Having won the 2012 Minor premiership in the 1st division NBN state league proves that there is an abundance of depth at the club, & in saying that I know if I wasn't part of the club and in your position I would be throwing verbal punches like you so easily do.
"We love it" and we do have a laugh at your expense.Quite often mind you,lol!

Like I've said in previous posts.. We are a team of tough passionate players who go out to win every game we play, as I'm sure every team does.

Wether you think we are dirty or not is totally up to you..
We are who we are and we will always be the team every team hates to play..

Next year will be a stellar season for Hamilton, especially after confirming a bunch of players who will be joining us back from the first division.

Stay strong!

roundballsarebetter
06-08-2012, 08:57 PM
I really hope there is someone associated with the running of hamilton olympic id2 reading all this and shaking thier head , this is not a good look for the club ( or for any of these supposed nbn players who wanna come back and play id2's :/ ).... Its also confusing talk from members of a club who will most likely finish 6th as teams below them have games in hand.... I really hope that someone from within the club sorts this out at training tomorrow as all it is doing is painting a target in their head For the rest of the season and embarrising the club

true waterboy
06-08-2012, 09:20 PM
I really hope there is someone associated with the running of hamilton olympic id2 reading all this and shaking thier head , this is not a good look for the club ( or for any of these supposed nbn players who wanna come back and play id2's :/ ).... Its also confusing talk from members of a club who will most likely finish 6th as teams below them have games in hand.... I really hope that someone from within the club sorts this out at training tomorrow as all it is doing is painting a target in their head For the rest of the season and embarrising the club

Well said roundballs

GJ23
06-08-2012, 09:45 PM
also I can guarantee no three players from Westlakes want to go to Olympic next season.

lol!
After reading your last comments & admitting to being a drunk on the hill, just do us all a favor Al Choholic and stick to sinking those tinnies of XXXX up on that grass sewer stinking like crap grass mound you guys call a hill mate...

Out of respect to those involved, I won't put you in your place like I know I so easily can..

Hahahaha.. I could just imagine the scenario..

Question..Who wants to go to Hamilton next season???
Answer... I do, yeah so do I..

They are not going to tell you mate..
It's called common sense ..

q-money
06-08-2012, 09:47 PM
ah, the local foz back to it's schoolyard best

GJ23
06-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Lol!
You guys will try anything.. It's quite amusing actually.
We are one committee... We are all the same...
We remain united... We fight for each other...
Hamilton Olympic Warriors..
NBN 1st division Minor Premiership Champions 2012

true waterboy
06-08-2012, 09:56 PM
lol how about u focus on becoming minor premiers out of your own comp. last time i checked its looking like a three (or 4) way race and u guys arent there.
u guys will be lucky to make the finals at the rate u guys are going. so do us all a favour and wake up to urself lol

RedMexican
06-08-2012, 10:05 PM
its funny when people attack other members, when they dont know their playing history.
yeah pv4 you big alcoholic you.
foz :wub:

seldom
06-08-2012, 10:07 PM
this thread.......WOW

GJ23
06-08-2012, 10:26 PM
lol how about u focus on becoming minor premiers out of your own comp. last time i checked its looking like a three (or 4) way race and u guys arent there.
u guys will be lucky to make the finals at the rate u guys are going. so do us all a favour and wake up to urself lol

Your not very intelligent are you Mr true waterboy..
Look again, but this time look at the latest ladder.
FYI check the ladder at a later date, as all your nightmares will come true..

Stay Strong!

selassie
06-08-2012, 11:07 PM
moar. can't wait for the season to start.

true waterboy
07-08-2012, 08:54 AM
lol ok.
u guys arent in the top 4 and have played two more games than anyone else. hence will struggle to make the finals.

pv4
07-08-2012, 09:12 AM
yeah pv4 you big alcoholic you.

:cool:

i didn't even admit to being drunk, i said i joined the drunk blokes on the hill.

gj you need to calm down mate - coming from a club of strong greek heritage i'm assuming that it's frowned upon when people outside of the club stereotype people inside the club as it would be seen as racism, yet you stereotype other people so easily.

Your not very intelligent are you Mr true waterboy..

can you please re-read that sentence (taking particular note of grammar) & reflect on the intelligence involved?

true waterboy
07-08-2012, 12:10 PM
To any of the bellbird guys out there I have just been told our final game has been moved to the sunday (26th) instead of the saturday due to the ground being used for junior finals. can u pass the message on to the rest of ur team. cheers

RedMexican
07-08-2012, 06:13 PM
:cool:

i didn't even admit to being drunk, i said i joined the drunk blokes on the hill.

yeah but he said you admitted to it!
so you must have been!

GJ23
07-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Take note of your own signature lol!
Badass mother! Hahahaha

Pierre Essers
07-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Badass mother! Hahahaha

at 20 clicks...

GazFish35
07-08-2012, 09:42 PM
When's the season over?

the_butcher
07-08-2012, 09:55 PM
When's the season over?

When Olympic says it is. Stay strong!

Shayne
08-08-2012, 07:13 AM
When Olympic says it is. Stay strong!

:lulzturtle:

DBFC14
08-08-2012, 09:34 AM
1st Belmont 7 - 1 Kurri
Res Belmont 5 - 2 Kurri

DBFC14
08-08-2012, 09:35 AM
1st Belmont 4 - 2 Jes'o
Res Belmont 1 - 1 Jes'o

dingdong
08-08-2012, 10:00 AM
After having a look at 'True waterboys' posting history in this thread it seems to me that u r one massive sook. Honestly mate all your posts is u complaining about something. . Dont sit here and cry wolf everytime something happens that u dont agree with mate.
i play for olympic and i played ressies against u blokes and it was a good fair game but when i went on for 1st grade thats when i started getting abused by all the ressie players after they had their couple cans of courage. All good though i got no issue with it, im not complaining i copped it but just deal it with it in person if you have an issue not on a computer. :grin:

hawk
08-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Wow, why all the bravado.

Grunta
08-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Wow, why all the bravado.

Can you imagine the evil stares these guys are going to give each other when they next meet.:sparring:

pv4
08-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Badass mother! Hahahaha

cool runnings man

seldom
08-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Can you imagine the evil stares these guys are going to give each other when they next meet.:sparring:

handbags at 10 paces

hawk
08-08-2012, 10:12 PM

agreed, let's all get on the "clean" hill and drink in moderation.

tommy_v
08-08-2012, 11:07 PM
good to see Belmont on top. hopefully the boys can hold on

Beppe
10-08-2012, 01:42 PM
Hey any one from Raymond Terrace care to answer a question for me. Tall, athletic striker for 1st grade. Who is he and where has he played before? Was impressed.

cartz94
10-08-2012, 02:09 PM
To any one from Raymond Terrace.
That bloke that snapped his ankle playing for reserves against Medowie, how's he going?

RANGER09
10-08-2012, 02:49 PM
We wish him a speedy recovery, he ended up with plates & screws inserted to hold it back together.

RANGER09
10-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Has anyone played any catch up games this week, I heard Kurri will be forfieting their washed out game's, can any one confirm this? Cant blame them if they do.

true waterboy
10-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Has anyone played any catch up games this week, I heard Kurri will be forfieting their washed out game's, can any one confirm this? Cant blame them if they do.
Surely kurri will play the majority of their catch up games.
with them sitting second from the bottom it would allow them a great opportunity to avoid relegation.
tbh i hope they do play the remaining games because i dont believe they deserve last

RedMexican
10-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Hey any one from Raymond Terrace care to answer a question for me. Tall, athletic striker for 1st grade. Who is he and where has he played before? Was impressed.

im not from raymond terrace, but i am mates with a few of their players. Dont hold me to it, But i believe the tall athletic striker would be a bloke by the name of Drew and the other striker, who is short and stocky is Lez Wallace, Has played in england trialed for a few lower tier clubs and went through the youth system ages ago.

Swanky
10-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Would hate for games to get called off tomorrow some teams still have 2 catch up games to play with only 2 weeks left to play

true waterboy
10-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Would hate for games to get called off tomorrow some teams still have 2 catch up games to play with only 2 weeks left to play
Anyone know how the feilds hold up down at jeso?

Shayne
10-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Anyone know how the feilds hold up down at jeso?

We played on it after about a week and a half of rain.. I think we were the only teams to play that round. It wasn't too bad, a little soft, but it holds up ok. Having said that, it was around 8 weeks ago?

I've heard (From replies on here) that it's a bit rough now..I think you'll get on ok.

true waterboy
10-08-2012, 09:02 PM
cheers

true waterboy
11-08-2012, 10:24 AM
jesmond v westlakes called off

Cabaye#4
11-08-2012, 12:46 PM
olympic v ccb called off

Shayne
11-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Hamilton V Charlestown is off as well.

Edit: Beaten by Cabaye

RANGER09
12-08-2012, 08:47 AM
Bellbird vs Terrace 1st grade 0-3, res grade 2-3

Beppe
13-08-2012, 05:12 PM
im not from raymond terrace, but i am mates with a few of their players. Dont hold me to it, But i believe the tall athletic striker would be a bloke by the name of Drew and the other striker, who is short and stocky is Lez Wallace, Has played in england trialed for a few lower tier clubs and went through the youth system ages ago.

yeah must be Lez Wallace, has some tattoos on his arms?

very good player.

Swanky
15-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Is there any catch up games this week or at the weekend

Olympic play Charlestown on Saturday

RANGER09
15-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Westlakes vs Terrace thursday night

the_butcher
15-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Mus vs Belmont satdy

Swanky
15-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Mus vs Belmont satdy

westlakes v terrace catch up will be on the 16th and
belmont v westlakes catch up on the 19th

Poor old Belmont have a double header this weekend although 2 wins and they will be celebrating hard as that would give them the title

DBFC14
15-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Belmont v Westlakes on Tuesday 21st

Westlakes play Jeso on Saturday

true waterboy
15-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Poor old Belmont have a double header this weekend although 2 wins and they will be celebrating hard as that would give them the title
our game was ment to be sunday but was moved to tuesday so they can play mussy.

the_butcher
15-08-2012, 09:32 PM
our game was ment to be sunday but was moved to tuesday so they can play mussy.

Wow isn't it great to see some people with a bit of sense! I appreciate anyone who made that happen. Muswellbrook playing midweek in newy is ridiculous. For example, we play Charlie next tues Rez kickoff at 6 or 6.30... We would need to leave at 4 meaning finish work prior to that. Also means we get back well after midnight. But thems the breaks when u live out in the country!

a-gunners
16-08-2012, 09:07 PM
any updates on terrace westlakes game

true waterboy
16-08-2012, 11:11 PM
any updates on terrace westlakes game
ressies 1-1
westlakes again the better side but cannot get the ball in the back of the net to save their life.

1sts 2-2
pretty fair result. was a good game to watch/play

Shayne
17-08-2012, 08:05 AM
ressies 1-1
westlakes again the better side but cannot get the ball in the back of the net to save their life.

1sts 2-2
pretty fair result. was a good game to watch/play

Shaping up to be an interesting weekend of football, with three/four teams with a chance to take the title.

RANGER09
18-08-2012, 08:31 AM
Good luck to everyone playing in this wind today :)

true waterboy
18-08-2012, 06:35 PM
jesmond v westlakes
ressies 0-0

firsts 2-1
sad game for westlakes. both teams struggled to deal with the conditions with neither team looking that great.
jesmonds first goal was under a bit of controversy. ball bouncing around and jesmond said it crossed the line. ref about 20m away said play on and but the jesmond official on the side (about 15m off the goal line) said it crossed. I was about 5m away and it looked like only half the ball crossed the line but everyone has 50/50 against them.
only other interesting note was the brawl that started. jesmond player was awarded a foal then proceeded to start a fight and kicked the ball at the bench players of westlakes. the fight ended up making its way to westlakes dug out and knocking over the benches. coaches from both sides went onto the feild and tried to break it up. no punches were thrown apart from maybe the initial jesmond guy (from what i saw).
apart from those two incidents it was a pretty quiet game.

a-gunners
18-08-2012, 06:52 PM
charlestown 2 olympic 5
charlestown 2 nil up at ht with the wind. both teams played good football in terrible conditions full credit to the olympic boys they didnt give up 2 nil down . olympic awarded a penalty to make it 2 all then charlstown got a red card soon after. well done olympic was a good game head up charlie got 2 games to go still looking into semies ...
hard to see belmont getting knocked of now.

bombers_away
18-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Medowie v Bellbird
Reserve Grade
Medowie 0 Bellbird 3

First Grade
Medowie 1 Bellbird 3
Despite horrendous conditions Bellbird produced their best day of their season taking home two wins for the first time this year and with only 19 blokes for the day. Shame it come this late in the year!!!

Swanky
18-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Olympic Charlestown
Res 0-3
1st 5-2
Olympic were down 2-0 at half time but came back in the 2nd half. At 2-2 Charlestown had a player sent off for an elbow

GJ23
18-08-2012, 07:07 PM
jesmond v westlakes
ressies 0-0

firsts 2-1
sad game for westlakes. both teams struggled to deal with the conditions with neither team looking that great.
jesmonds first goal was under a bit of controversy. ball bouncing around and jesmond said it crossed the line. ref about 20m away said play on and but the jesmond official on the side (about 15m off the goal line) said it crossed. I was about 5m away and it looked like only half the ball crossed the line but everyone has 50/50 against them.
only other interesting note was the brawl that started. jesmond player was awarded a foal then proceeded to start a fight and kicked the ball at the bench players of westlakes. the fight ended up making its way to westlakes dug out and knocking over the benches. coaches from both sides went onto the feild and tried to break it up. no punches were thrown apart from maybe the initial jesmond guy (from what i saw).

It seems to be a typical truewaterboy post.
You are not doing westlakes any favours.
You are the reason why teams try so hard to beat westlakes.
Keep your thoughts to yourself champ..

namwob99
18-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Is this going to happen every week?

Shayne
18-08-2012, 07:39 PM
It seems to be a typical truewaterboy post.
You are not doing westlakes any favours.
You are the reason why teams try so hard to beat westlakes.
Keep your thoughts to yourself champ..

Why do people come on here and complain like little bitches about others opinions? The idea of a forum is to provide YOUR opinion of the game. Of course its going to be biased and one sided, that's the f*cking point. Then another person comes on and gives their opinion..

FFS some people.

Grunta
19-08-2012, 08:52 AM
@gj23 Like Shayne said buddy. Truewaterboy gave his version of events. He did not insult or have a go at anyone.

What's your version of events?

I'm interested to know if anyone was carded for the brawl? :redcard:

roundballsarebetter
19-08-2012, 09:46 AM
@gj23 Like Shayne said buddy. Truewaterboy gave his version of events. He did not insult or have a go at anyone.

Gj23 does not represent anyone from jesmond i believe

the_butcher
19-08-2012, 09:59 AM
jesmond v westlakes
ressies 0-0

firsts 2-1

Great post T.W. I'm always interested in reading your opinions and thoughts on matches. Keep up the good work.

the_butcher
19-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Belmont vs mussy
Res 0-2.
Muswellbrook controlled the match but neither side really threatened the goal in the first half with scores at 0-0. Muswellbrook came out in the second half and stepped in up a gear scoring pretty early on. Belmont had a great chance to make it 1-1 but old mate scuffed his shot wide from the 6 yard box in a contender for miss of the year. muswellbrook then put the result to bed with a goal to make it 2-0.

Firsts 2-1
Once again muswellbrook ressies had to run out for firsts as first grade were too busy diggin up coal, also had to have an outfield player go in goals as we had no keepers available. Belmont controlled much of the play in the first half and had a few good chances but couldn't put them away. Eventually though they scored with a nice finish after a long ball from the keeper with the wind at his back. Muswellbrook dominated the start of the second half and could have had a pen for handball. Instead Belmont went up the other end and scored having not been in muswellbrooks half before then. Muswellbrook kept pushing and eventually got rewarded with a well deserved pen to make it 2-1. It made for a tense finish with both teams having a good go. 2-1 a fair result.

Thanks to the belmont clubbies for reffing/running lines, it was a good day with both matches played in great spirits.

One gear grinder of the day was in the last minute of firsts with scores at 2-1 mussy had a corner. The ref (official ref) watched as every mussy player including the keeper ran into the 6yard box. Just as the corner was about to be taken he blew the full time whistle! Surely he could have blown the whistle 10secs earlier and saved the keeper the hundred meter run!

DBFC14
19-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Does anyone know when Kurri V Charlestown is/or has it been played?

true waterboy
19-08-2012, 12:10 PM

As round balls said gj23 isnt a jeso player. pretty sure he is one of those hamo guys that love to have a dig at me when i post my opinions on the main events of a game.

only card was a straight red to the jeso player that started it

westlakes coach was removed from the bench as well for entering the feild. as i stated earlier all coaches (1 westlakes and 2 jeso) came on the feild to break things up. westlakes coach then got firey when a jesmond player grabbed his neck from behind. i didnt see that happen but judging by how he spoke about it after i have no doubts it did occur.
all players that remained on the feild and the 3 coaches shook hands after the game so im happy with how it was handled and have no hard feelings about the matter from my end.

Great post T.W. I'm always interested in reading your opinions and thoughts on matches. Keep up the good work.
cheers butcher, nice to hear

Shayne
19-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Does anyone know when Kurri V Charlestown is/or has it been played?

It's been played.

I think (don't hold me to this) Reserves was won by Charlestown and Firsts was a draw.

roundballsarebetter
19-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Would love a updated ladder, ive given up trying to fixure it out

Grunta
19-08-2012, 05:51 PM
As round balls said gj23 isnt a jeso player. pretty sure he is one of those hamo guys that love to have a dig at me when i post my opinions on the main events of a game.

only card was a straight red to the jeso player that started it

westlakes coach was removed from the bench as well for entering the feild. as i stated earlier all coaches (1 westlakes and 2 jeso) came on the feild to break things up. westlakes coach then got firey when a jesmond player grabbed his neck from behind. i didnt see that happen but judging by how he spoke about it after i have no doubts it did occur.
all players that remained on the feild and the 3 coaches shook hands after the game so im happy with how it was handled and have no hard feelings about the matter from my end.

cheers butcher, nice to hear

Cheers waterboy sounds a bit like the jets game last night but not as many reds.

Ram Raider
19-08-2012, 06:15 PM
jesmond v westlakes
ressies 0-0

firsts 2-1

Well from the other side of the fence panned out pretty much the same. Jesmond definately need to learn to finish their chances and Westlakes seemed to be devoid of any creativity unless the number 10 up front was on the ball. Everything seemed to go through him and he earned the dubious penalty (my opinion, defenders just can't disappear). Our little postage stamp pitch probably didn't suit their game but Westlakes spent 75 minutes taking potshots from 20 out at every opportunity and didn't seem to want to even be there until the fraca's (definitely not a brawl). Expected more from a side playing for the promotion spot and showed no where near as much passion as Belmont did during our catchup.

Jesmond player was sent off for kicking the ball into the bench, not the ensuing handbags at 10 paces. Nothing major about the aftermath, just a bunch of team mates looking out for each other. Don't agree with the coaches getting involved, but considering it ended up going through the Westlakes bench guess its the way it happens.

At the end of the day 2-1 probably a fair result.

Cabaye#4
19-08-2012, 07:54 PM
It's been played.

I think (don't hold me to this) Reserves was won by Charlestown and Firsts was a draw.
It was played as per schedule, no idea why it hasnt been uploaded.
Res: Kurri 3-2 CCB
1st: Kurri 1-1 CCB

Shayne
19-08-2012, 08:00 PM
It was played as per schedule, no idea why it hasnt been uploaded.
Res: Kurri 3-2 CCB
1st: Kurri 1-1 CCB

Cheers Cabaye, didnt make it to that game and I couldn't remember it. Good to get the correct scores :)

DBFC14
20-08-2012, 06:34 AM
Does anyone know when Kurri V Terrace is/or has it been played?

RANGER09
20-08-2012, 07:20 AM
Does anyone know when Kurri V Terrace is/or has it been played?

Nothing planned, has been tried a few times but again called off due to weather, with other games vs Jesmond, Medowie & last round against M/Brook it would be unlikely they would get all these games played.

Swanky
20-08-2012, 09:03 AM
Nothing planned, has been tried a few times but again called off due to weather, with other games vs Jesmond, Medowie & last round against M/Brook it would be unlikely they would get all these games played.

kurri v jesmond from weekend
ressies 1-5
firsts 2-3

That is one less game that needs to be played.
Good battle between Kurri and Bellbird to avoid relegation

true waterboy
20-08-2012, 09:48 AM
That is one less game that needs to be played.
Good battle between Kurri and Bellbird to avoid relegation
Are kurri trying to play these games that they have to catch up or are they wanting them to become a draw?
Just me thinking that since they are 3 points behind bellbird with 4 catch up games it might be a ploy to secure 4 points and save relegation lol?

true waterboy
20-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Westlakes seemed to be devoid of any creativity unless the number 10 up front was on the ball. Everything seemed to go through him and he earned the dubious penalty (my opinion, defenders just can't disappear). Our little postage stamp pitch probably didn't suit their game but Westlakes spent 75 minutes taking potshots from 20 out at every opportunity and didn't seem to want to even be there until the fraca's (definitely not a brawl). Expected more from a side playing for the promotion spot and showed no where near as much passion as Belmont did during our catchup.

Not using this as an excuse but in recent weeks westlakes has struggled with injuries. we dont really have the depth in ressies as we have in past years which shows on our position on the ressies table.
had about 5 or so out which has been affecting our results recently but most of them should be back come finals time :)

Ram Raider
20-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Don't go off sporting pulse website. Looks as though kurri bit slack putting results in.

We played them over a month ago and results aren't in. Makes it hard keeping track of the table but looks like only Belmont and terrace assured of spots. Westlakes and Olympic on 28 with Charlestown and Jesmond on 27.

a-gunners
20-08-2012, 07:42 PM
i wouldnt say terrace are assured there position in the finals.with if charlestown beat musso and jesmond they go to 33 olympic beat medowie they go to 31 belmont beat terrace and they sit in 5th depending what happens with kurri catchup..
in saying that theres alot of buts...
big games tomorrow night to settle how the four will look belmont v westlakes and charlestown v musso

true waterboy
20-08-2012, 07:59 PM
only belmont are assured of a spot.
westlakes and terrace only need to win 1 of the remaining two games to assure a spot and the others need to fight it out.

RANGER09
20-08-2012, 08:09 PM
i wouldnt say terrace are assured there position in the finals.with if charlestown beat musso and jesmond they go to 33 olympic beat medowie they go to 31 belmont beat terrace and they sit in 5th depending what happens with kurri catchup..
in saying that theres alot of buts...
big games tomorrow night to settle how the four will look belmont v westlakes and charlestown v musso

Agree, maybe Westlakes beat Belmont tomorrow night and make Saturdays game Terrace vs Belmont a bit more interesting! Good luck to all teams this week and here's hoping for 3 officials at each game through the finals!

a-gunners
21-08-2012, 10:24 PM
ressies charlestown 0 1 musso
1st charlestown 3 1 musso well done to musso ressies played in 1st grade after there game

Shayne
21-08-2012, 11:10 PM
Tenambit relegated after loosing tonight in ID1's. Looks like we're going to enjoy another long(ish) trip away next season...

true waterboy
22-08-2012, 12:28 AM
belmont vs westlakes
reserves 2-0
again westlakes probs feel hard done by in ressies looking good for most of the time but terriable infront of goal.
belmont keeper must be a tough guy and must hate playing westlakes ressies as in the first game he dislocated his shoulder diving for a ball and this time got knocked out diving at the feet of the westlakes striker after he spilled it the first time. no mallace in it what so ever just unlucky and westlakes player first to stop the game and help him out. i was told this is the second time this year he has been KO'd so he must be a tough guy. hope he is feeling better tomorrow.

firsts 1-2
great win by the cats and we have finally cemented out spot in the finals (yew). was always going to be a tough game for us as we had that many out a few boys wanted to play for a draw however we decided to go for it and show some cat pride.
first half was pretty even with both teams missing a few chances. westlakes got 3 yellows for some lazy tackles and went into the break 1 nil down.
second half westlakes dominated (yes gj23 this is only my opinion) and completely tired the belmont midfeild. was great to see as only one starting mid has been playing in the mids and thats in ressies. belmont got a bit sloppy as well giving away two yellow cards for lazy tackles. judging by the squad numbers i think belmont were at full strength, belmont can correct me if this statement is wrong?
both teams had a goal disallowed for offside. westlakes one was definately onside and the belmont one was most likely hard done by as well however its always hard to judge off a set freekick if they jump the gun early or not. the ref himself was quite fair and explained himself really well i thought which was refreshing to see at this level.
all in all great day for the cats not having to fight it out for a finals spot in the last game

namwob99
22-08-2012, 06:40 AM
Tenambit relegated after loosing tonight in ID1's. Looks like we're going to enjoy another long(ish) trip away next season...

Because its just around the corner from muswellbrook!!

pv4
22-08-2012, 07:01 AM
did anyone see in the herald the other week valentine Phoenix announced their coaches in the football ads section?

it announced state league coaches, ID2's coach & wpl coach etc. any goss behind id2s? are they taking over Belmont tingara? are they being added in?

zzzzzzzzzz
22-08-2012, 07:22 AM
Belmont Tingira merged with Valentine in February this year

pv4
22-08-2012, 07:38 AM
Belmont Tingira merged with Valentine in February this year

right

so will the name get changed next year, and will we see them wearing orange?

zzzzzzzzzz
22-08-2012, 08:22 AM
The teams playing from Baxter can keep Tingira in their playing name as long as they want, don't be surprised to see at least some orange in any new strip :) but at the end of the day that's up to the Tingira sub committee

the_butcher
22-08-2012, 11:07 AM
ressies charlestown 0 1 musso
1st charlestown 3 1 musso well done to musso ressies played in 1st grade after there game

Thanks mate, just glad we could give you blokes a good game. I thought we were in there with a good chance in 1sts when it was 2-1. But credit to the Charlie guys, toiled hard and picked up the 3 points.

Im pretty sure that wraps up the minor prem for us (Muswellbrook) in ressies. I feel it's just reward for our ressies guys who play 2 games back to back most weeks. I think it's also the first time in our clubs long history that reserve grade have won the minor prem undefeated.

So what do the latest results mean for firsts? Which clubs are still in with a chance at the minor prem and who are the teams in the semis?

RANGER09
22-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Thanks mate, just glad we could give you blokes a good game. I thought we were in there with a good chance in 1sts when it was 2-1. But credit to the Charlie guys, toiled hard and picked up the 3 points.

Im pretty sure that wraps up the minor prem for us (Muswellbrook) in ressies. I feel it's just reward for our ressies guys who play 2 games back to back most weeks. I think it's also the first time in our clubs long history that reserve grade have won the minor prem undefeated.

So what do the latest results mean for firsts? Which clubs are still in with a chance at the minor prem and who are the teams in the semis?

Good news for you guy's - well done! - hope you dont jinx yourself for the Kurri game this weekend for going undefeated. Shame you wont be there for first grade finals as well.
Would be good if the ladder was upto date, as for first grade the game between Terrace & Belmont will sort out the minor prem.

true waterboy
22-08-2012, 12:55 PM
now that westlakes has secured a spot it will be interesting to see the battle for the remaining spot between charlestown hamo and jeso
would be interesting if charlestown miss it after the start they had

Grunta
22-08-2012, 01:09 PM

Shanye buy a car or catch a Taxi places are always much closer when you dont have to walk.

Seriously I think some of you blokes complain when you have to leave your own suburb.

true waterboy
22-08-2012, 01:20 PM
westlakes game against bellbird has been moved to auston park morriset for those interested

Bon
22-08-2012, 01:23 PM
westlakes game against bellbird has been moved to auston park morriset for those interested

BLASPHEME!!!!!!
Why are Westlakes playing on the hallowed turf of Mo-town??
:gent:

true waterboy
22-08-2012, 01:28 PM
BLASPHEME!!!!!!
Why are Westlakes playing on the hallowed turf of Mo-town??
:gent:

because the district thought it was a good idea to use the ground we had booked for months for junior finals and we were unable to organise a catch up day so hence game moved to another ground

the_butcher
22-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Good news for you guy's - well done! - hope you dont jinx yourself for the Kurri game this weekend for going undefeated. Shame you wont be there for first grade finals as well.
Would be good if the ladder was upto date, as for first grade the game between Terrace & Belmont will sort out the minor prem.

As far as im aware Kurri have officially forfeited this weekends match against us.

And Shayne, isnt Tenambit near Maitland? Trust me, you blokes have nothing to complain about, think about the k's we have to travel every second week haha

pv4
22-08-2012, 01:50 PM
And Shayne, isnt Tenambit near Maitland?

basically a stone's throw off the craig deans expressway.

Shayne
22-08-2012, 02:19 PM
As far as im aware Kurri have officially forfeited this weekends match against us.

And Shayne, isnt Tenambit near Maitland? Trust me, you blokes have nothing to complain about, think about the k's we have to travel every second week haha

Yeah, I was just complaining like a little bitch, waiting for Grunta to bite :gent:

It's not really that far and Tenambit, from memory, was always a good team to play. Looking forward to it next year!

Congratz to M'Brook reserves wrapping up the Minors, last nights result could've been a little different if Charlestown we're more clinical in front of goal, would've had at least 3-4 decent chances in the first 20-30 minutes. Fairly even match which is a positive for the Charlestown boys going into the finals.

the_butcher
22-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Congratz to M'Brook reserves wrapping up the Minors, last nights result could've been a little different if Charlestown we're more clinical in front of goal, would've had at least 3-4 decent chances in the first 20-30 minutes. Fairly even match which is a positive for the Charlestown boys going into the finals.

Couldn't agree more. Charlie were all over us for the first 20, took us a while to get use to the bounce of the cricket pitch haha. Second half was a different story though, especially hitting the woodwork a couple of times. Charlie are a good team, best of luck to them in the semis.

true waterboy
25-08-2012, 06:03 PM
westlakes vs bellbird
ressies 1-2
pretty boring game to watch. bellbird finished their chances well where westlakes did not.

firsts 6-1
game was played at morisset and the pitch was a nightmare to play on, probs the worst ive played on, suprised no one did their ankle.
both teams had a number of players playing both grades, bellbirds first grade nearly entirely composed of people backing up so was great to see the heart they put in and westlakes were resting a number of first graders that had niggling injuries.
both factors made the game a bit slower compared to our previous encounter.
once again big cheers to bellbird for coming out especially with the mess that the district caused double booking our ground

RANGER09
25-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Terrace up 4-1 in first grade! Well done boys, res grade 2-2, looking forward to see how top 4 now shapes up!
Belmont won the toss and started strong, missing a few early chances, without our star striker today was going to be interesting how our attack worked out, but with more patience than usually shown the boys played well and caught Belmont on the counter attack to find themselves up 3-1 at half time. A few formation changes and Belmont come out firing in the second half but were again caught out and 4-1 down due to our little speedster up front laying another ball across the goal mouth for another well finished goal. Good luck to all in the semis!

true waterboy
25-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Soz been told 5 1 obv I can't count

GJ23
25-08-2012, 08:01 PM
Anyone know the score for
Jesmond v Charlestown
Hamilton 5 def Medowie 0

Shayne
25-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Anyone know the score for
Jesmond v Charlestown
Hamilton 5 def Medowie 0

Charlestown V Jesmond

Reserves

0 - 0

Firsts

3 - 3

I believe Hamilton took 4th spot with one more GD than Charlestown.

Swanky
25-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Medowie v Olympic
Res 1-4
1st 0-5

Great effort by the Olympic boys to sneak into the semis

bombers_away
25-08-2012, 10:47 PM
Soz been told 5 1 obv I can't count

Haha thanks Waterboy... Your original quote was pretty well spot on for the events of the day (except for the final score in 1st Grade) with Bellbird only having 15 players for two grades and only one fresh first grade player. Made the day hard for us, but we thought it would be best to tough it out and get it over with.

Terrible pitch didnt help, but both teams played on the same field so no excuses there. At the end of the day, just not strong enough as a club to get a result in first grade.

Anyways, Bellbird done for the year. Congrats to those in the semi finals. Best of luck. And my tip to win it (if all teams at full strength) would be Terrace - massive improvers from 2011 and lethal up front.

GJ23
26-08-2012, 12:03 AM
Medowie v Olympic
Res 1-4
1st 0-5

Great effort by the Olympic boys to sneak into the semis

Interesting....!
So you are telling me that Hamilton are in the finals?

Is it true that The Sof scored a bomb 35m cracker that went top right pigeon...?

I Could just imagine Hamilton now back at full strength with 4 first graders returning back from holidays..

Well done Hamilton..
All credit it to you.

No need to mention names on who and why certain bloggers didn't think it was possible.
Seems I was right all along.

Good luck to all teams involved in the finals..
It's going to be very full on for some teams involved..

My theory

Belmont-Strong all rounders and a work great as a unit.

Terrace-Striker in that squad belongs in the A-league.. Not a chance anyone in this league can contain him, and an absolute gentleman..

Westlakes- 1 big strong striker who has that killer instinct. Quality player..

Hamilton- We will see how they reform now that they have a full squad back together.

All the best boys.. Good luck

seldom
26-08-2012, 12:09 AM
just for that......cmon westlakes !

GJ23
26-08-2012, 01:08 AM

Love it..

RANGER09
26-08-2012, 08:20 AM
GJ23, maybe someone can arrange for GVE to come and watch the semis, might me able to lend our striker to the Jets in the offseason lol

pv4
26-08-2012, 08:27 AM
gj - does starting false rumours get you off?

GJ23
26-08-2012, 09:38 AM
GJ23, maybe someone can arrange for GVE to come and watch the semis, might me able to lend our striker to the Jets in the offseason lol
Ranger, wouldn't be a bad idea lol! Lez is a quality player.
Easily the best in the league.

true waterboy
26-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Ranger, wouldn't be a bad idea lol! Lez is a quality player.
Easily the best in the league.

Is lez the big striker or the smaller striker?
I actually rate the small striker more, i think he is more technical and extremely quick. both way to good for this division tho.

RANGER09
26-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Is lez the big striker or the smaller striker?
I actually rate the small striker more, i think he is more technical and extremely quick. both way to good for this division tho.

Lez is bigger of the two, was missing yesterday left Bobby to terrorize the Belmont defence, scoring two and setting up two.

hawk
26-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Think i might have to see this terrace ace

the_butcher
26-08-2012, 03:23 PM
So can someone confirm the following:
Saturday 1st sept @ carrington
1sts Olympic vs terrace
Res muswellbrook vs Belmont

Saturday 1st sept @ ?
1sts Belmont vs westlakes
Res jesmond vs Charlie

true waterboy
26-08-2012, 05:28 PM
1sts Olympic vs terrace

Saturday 1st sept @ ?
Res jesmond vs Charlie
Week one we play at 4th n 3rd ie cats n hamo. Not sure on days but pretty sure they made a rules that one has to be on sat and one on sun. If thus isn't the case I think it should be planned so that does happen

Swanky
26-08-2012, 08:29 PM
1sts Olympic vs terrace

Saturday 1st sept @ ?
Res jesmond vs Charlie
Now that it is a 2 leg final series you would think the 2 Belmont games are at the one ground then it would not matter if games clash on the same day

true waterboy
26-08-2012, 11:51 PM
Now that it is a 2 leg final series you would think the 2 Belmont games are at the one ground then it would not matter if games clash on the same day
how does home and away legs mean they change fixtures to allow belmont to have both grades at the same ground?
i think it was last year they wouldnt allow musswellbrook to have their ressies and firsts play at the same ground and they played on the same day. im sure i can remember a case where mussy ressies played down here and their firsts team played at home. if they bent the rules for any fixture, common sense says that would have been the case to do so?
either way i hope they play both semis on alternate days. ive always enjoyed watching the opposing semi final be played when match scheduling has allowed for this.

RANGER09
27-08-2012, 07:29 AM
I think it may come down to which team has priority on the field at Carrington between Suns and Olymipic, don't they share the ground there?

Swanky
27-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Olympic are trying to play there home leg at Darling St Oval

true waterboy
27-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Olympic are trying to play there home leg at Darling St Oval

anyone else confused as to why they put our gf at darling st oval when there is a hamo side in the finals?

true waterboy
27-08-2012, 05:21 PM
games 4v1/1v4 to be on sat and 3v2/2v3 to be on sunday

GJ23
27-08-2012, 09:30 PM
anyone else confused as to why they put our gf at darling st oval when there is a hamo side in the finals?

Good question.
I'd say because it's a mutual ground that no team has played on all year.

In regards to this weekend.
As you might recall, our home ground is Connolly park, we can't play there Saturday because the Suns are.

Also, it's one of the best football fields in Newcastle.
I'd be happy to play the GF at Darling street oval.
Facilities are fantastic,Pitch is in great condition as well.

What are your thoughts?

the_butcher
27-08-2012, 09:45 PM
I'd say because it's a mutual ground

As you might recall, our home ground is Connolly park, we can't play there Saturday because the Suns are.

What are your thoughts?

Firstly, it definitely isnt a mutual ground. As you know, its 100% olympic. I could understand if the other first grade teams wouldn't be happy with it. For example, it wouldn't really be fair if terrace were to play Olympic in the gf at darling st after winning the minor prem and Olympic scrapping into the semis.

On the other hand, it is a great pitch and venue.

true waterboy
27-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Good question.

What are your thoughts?

if you are planning to play your home semi at darling st (no matter the circumstances) it proves its not a mutual ground.
I raised the question to my team mates when it still looked like charlie were going to take fourth so its not like this is a dig to hamo, i just find it odd that the district would allocate a hamo gf to the only id comp featuring a hamilton side.
Ive heard its one of the best grounds in newy so i look forward to hopefully getting a chance to play on it.

pv4
28-08-2012, 06:56 AM
Good question.

What are your thoughts?

mutual ground - lol.

in fairness though, it will be a mutual ground when terrace play westlakes in the grand final.

ok pitch, definately not best in newcastle imo. but would they close off the other side of the pitch like they used to for state league games or will they let people stand on the non-grandstand-side like when the jets play trial games there? because if they block off the other side, that'd be such a terrible atmosphere for grand final day.

RANGER09
28-08-2012, 08:11 AM
I think its a shame the association let the GF be played at another ground not even in this division, i know it is better for spectators but it is taking away the chance for clubs in our division to collect the extra $$$ these games can provide.

true waterboy
28-08-2012, 10:29 AM
I think its a shame the association let the GF be played at another ground not even in this division, i know it is better for spectators but it is taking away the chance for clubs in our division to collect the extra $$$ these games can provide.

the reason they went to the home and away legs was to increase $$$ for the clubs that make the semis.
I like the fact that we play at an nbn ground. its always something to look forward to especially for the younger members of the squad who may never have played at a quality ground.

oneeye
28-08-2012, 06:33 PM
LEAGUE TWO
Res Grade
S.F Leg 1 1/09/2012 4 v 1 Belmont Tingira FC v Muswellbrook FC Darling St Oval
S.F Leg 2 8/09/2012 1 v 4 Muswellbrook FC v Belmont Tingira FC King Park

1st Grade
S.F Leg 1 1/09/2012 4 v 1 Hamilton Olympic FC v Raymond Terrace SC Darling St Oval
S.F Leg 2 8/09/2012 1 v 4 Raymond Terrace SC v Hamilton Olympic FC King Park

Res Grade
S.F Leg 1 2/09/2012 3 v 2 Charlestown City Blues FC v Jesmond FC Rathmines Oval
S.F Leg 2 9/09/2012 2 v 3 Jesmond FC v Charlestown City Blues FC Baxter Field

1st Grade
S.F Leg 1 2/09/2012 3 v 2 Westlakes Wildcats FC v Belmont Tingira FC Rathmines Oval
S.F Leg 2 9/09/2012 2 v 3 Belmont Tingira FC v Westlakes Wildcats FC Baxter Field