PDA

View Full Version : Buying football equipment

furns
15-03-2014, 12:55 PM
I thought we had a thread on this, but I am guessing it fell victim to the GFC

As my daughter is starting football down here in Sydney, I am needing to buy the usual boots/shinpads/etc for her.
Where have people found the best place to purchase this stuff?
And dont tell me Rebel, as looking for alternatives is the reason I am starting this thread :)

Plus people can also discuss the best places to buy in Newy, specials, online options etc

Bremsstrahlung
15-03-2014, 02:12 PM
Online: Prodirect shits all over any other site i've come across as far as selection goes. They have all the boots from $30 to $400, heaps of shinpads, compressions, socks, replica, balls etc. Shipping generally takes between 1-3 weeks. Never had any issues. (Despite my Copa's splitting down the side, but that eventually happens with every pair whether rebel or not.

Newwy: https://www.cataloguesports.com.au at adamstown have always been cheap for my copas. (About $40 cheaper than rebel)

Also, anybody know much about nets?
Looking to get a net to set up when i go for a kick. Last time i priced them, they were astronomically expensive.

Mahk
15-03-2014, 03:52 PM
Go check out Kingsgrove in Islington

15-03-2014, 03:59 PM
Another for Pro Direct. Also have used recently Kit Bag and Start Football.

All were about a week to get here but from memory Pro Direct was the best to track delivery online.

Be sure to click on the Sale icon to the right of the page on Pro Direct, i purchased a heap of Adidas shirts for under $ 8.00.

You will pay less than the highlighted price as we don't pay there VAT tax.

Cheers

ForeverRed
15-03-2014, 04:04 PM
Go to rebel, choose your boots, try them on and then go order them on pro direct, save a hundred

GazFish35
15-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Go to rebel, choose your boots, try them on and then go order them on pro direct, save a hundred

Most ski boots stores now charge a fitting fee due to this action.

It's what I do though, once you know your size you don't need a pimply faced kid telling you want you want.

Prodirect is great

Thomas477
15-03-2014, 05:19 PM
I use www.just-keepers.com . Based in the UK. Obviously more aimed at goalkeepers, but they have a decent selection of boots, socks, shin pads and tape as well. Generally get to Newy about a week after you purchase them, also offer customisation if you're into that.

pv4
15-03-2014, 05:42 PM
I always buy copas from pro direct.

But rebel now sell them for $149 which is $3 cheaper than what pro direct currently do.

I haven't bought shin pads in forever.

But check the bargain bins etc in rebel too - recently picked up a really decent pair of boots for the mrs for $29

boz-monaut
15-03-2014, 07:27 PM
pro-direct is pretty good - I buy most of Cooks Hill United's stuff there and pretty much all my own

buying boots for a kid is a bit different though - I'd recommend buying in a shop over on–line so you get a proper fit

as for what's good out where you live - not really sure but I'll ask around at work, there's a fair few dudes who play out that way

The axe
15-03-2014, 07:53 PM
Kingsgrove is the go, not a massive range but they seem to stock more high end boots. Last time I bought a pair of boots there they kicked a ball with me for ten minutes to try them out.

ForeverRed
15-03-2014, 08:57 PM
Kingsgrove is the go, not a massive range but they seem to stock more high end boots. Last time I bought a pair of boots there they kicked a ball with me for ten minutes to try them out.
Haha, did you get a lollipop after wards

The axe
15-03-2014, 10:07 PM
Haha, did you get a lollipop after wards

No but your mum gave me a hand job that night

Thomas477
16-03-2014, 12:25 AM

Paging cold water for ForeverRed.

furns
16-03-2014, 01:21 AM
pro-direct is pretty good - I buy most of Cooks Hill United's stuff there and pretty much all my own

buying boots for a kid is a bit different though - I'd recommend buying in a shop over on–line so you get a proper fit

as for what's good out where you live - not really sure but I'll ask around at work, there's a fair few dudes who play out that way
cheers Boz

19-03-2014, 04:04 PM
Start Fitness have an extra 10% off using the code " SALE10 ". More often than not that code can also be used at Start Football. So if you are still needing some gear then that may well be worth a looksy.

Cheers

Nou Camp
19-03-2014, 04:32 PM
[QUOTE=boz-monaut;71139]pro-direct is pretty good - I buy most of Cooks Hill United's stuff there and pretty much all my own

try kit king if you are buying in bulk, have found them to be cheaper than pro direct for this year

ForeverRed
19-03-2014, 05:13 PM
What a deadset loser, go and have another little kicky kick with your mates, BOY

RedMexican
19-03-2014, 08:09 PM
What a deadset loser, go and have another little kicky kick with your mates, BOY

poor, poor comeback.

but srs.

pro direct is brilliant, postage quick as.

sammydog
19-03-2014, 08:45 PM
Another one for ProDirect.

Picked up some tidy Nikes for my daughter last season for under $20. We were sure of her size in Nikes so it was all good. Got her boots from Rebel this season, but the selection in kids size was crap.

Will be using Prodirect again next season.

plague
19-03-2014, 08:59 PM

very good point.
Plague Jnr got his first pair of boots this year. Plan was to have a look at a few places to try on etc then use Pro-Direct (+1 from me for those guys, always excellent).
Anyway, dude at Rebel was brilliant (and patient) with fitting. Decided to buy them on the spot, am always happy to pay extra for good service etc.
Would def recommend going there (was at Charlestown).

Elude
19-03-2014, 09:17 PM
Another one for ProDirect.

Picked up some tidy Nikes for my daughter last season for under $20. We were sure of her size in Nikes so it was all good. Got her boots from Rebel this season, but the selection in kids size was crap.

Will be using Prodirect again next season.

Do pro direct allow returns for incorrect size or new boots ripping?

sammydog
19-03-2014, 09:42 PM
I know my size and have a good idea of my kids so its never been an issue.

In 35 years of football, only boots I have ever had issues with was the Adidas Tunnit F50's. Seemed to come factory installed with stripped thread inserts. So, I've not had to test their returns policy.

Id suggest as with buying anything online cheap, the hassle of returns is something you have to weigh up. Ive never had an issue with them, but then I have never had to return anything.

furns
20-03-2014, 12:03 PM
Needing to buy my daughter her first pair of boots and shinpads, I will be visiting Kingsgrove Sports who have a branch in Parra to get her sorted.
Looking at a pair of Adidas Punteros

Bon
20-03-2014, 12:07 PM
I envy all people that are able to choose what sort of boots, style, price, brand and colour you get..
My searching begins and ends with asking what they have in size 15..

I buy my normal shoes online (Adidas Superstars, finest footwear ever made) as I know what size fits me perfectly, but when it comes to football boots I need to get a good feel of how they would be on..

q-money
20-03-2014, 12:10 PM
you'd think that with all the big blokes playing footy it'd be easy to get boots for a big marn

surprisingly not it seems

Bon
20-03-2014, 12:15 PM
you'd think that with all the big blokes playing footy it'd be easy to get boots for a big marn

surprisingly not it seems

I've found that Asics seem to be the best for a larger kid like myself.. Nice and wide, larger makes, and good heal/ankle support..
I dont get any screw-ins or blades or boots like that.. Just after the standard moulded..
I would love to be able to go back to the days of getting Copa's again, but in honesty I don't look after my boots well enough to justify searching out a big enough pair.. hahaha

furns
20-03-2014, 09:02 PM
$45 for a pair of Nike Mercurial Vortex Juniors
not bad

Kingsgrove Sports will get my business from now on

RedMexican
20-03-2014, 09:07 PM
$45 for a pair of Nike Mercurial Vortex Juniors
not bad

Kingsgrove Sports will get my business from now on

kingsgrove is the best local sports store around here imo.
when i was playing cricket, used to get all of my gear from there, well informed, incredibly help and just all around good staff.

goaliepersempre
01-03-2017, 07:29 PM
no idea right thread but hey.

Soo as a long time Copa Mundial users and I know of a few others.

Im looking at if I should buy the new copa 17? has anyone else?

Shere Khan
01-03-2017, 10:59 PM
Original is by far the best.
No plastic fantastics.

Park the bus!
02-03-2017, 03:49 PM
Also try "The Football Nation". A smaller range than ProDirect but we have been getting our playing strips from them at 1/3 the cost of the local supplier and they deliver in under 2 weeks

Bremsstrahlung
02-03-2017, 11:26 PM
Has anybody bought some cheap nets recently?
Just for kick around purposes/training. I remember pricing them before and they were pretty expensive. Have seen some on eBay recently, for $50ish.

Giges
24-03-2017, 11:40 AM
Hey Fellas, I guess this is the most appropriate thread for this….

I’m looking to offload some boots – Adidas Ace Primeme, Black, Size 11 US.
I’ve only worn them in a trial and a couple of training sessions, they’re great boots but unfortunately slightly too small for me.

I paid $130, selling at $80
I still have the box and receipt is that matters.

If you’re interested or want more info/pics shoot me a PM

Captain_Carl
20-11-2021, 07:13 AM
People want to talk about buying gear but many of you can’t help yourselves to insult others. You should be ashamed of yourselves.