PDA

View Full Version : Squadron in Western Grandstand

foti68
23-03-2014, 04:54 PM
Since the squadron moved to the western grandstand all i hear is the drums. I sit in Bay 54 in the Western GS and I must say the atmosphere now is pretty dead. When they were on the eastern side you could actually hear them sing. Im sure they are still singing but i think because there is no structure behind them the sound resonance is lost. Yesterday the 12 nix fans could be heard over our own.
your comments?

Blackmac79
23-03-2014, 04:57 PM
Players seemed to respond. 5-0. All that.

Bay60 has been a far better move on the whole. Helps when we are not playing shit as well. Pretty much at our lowest numbers now but at least people are putting it in.

In the end I Don't do active support for you or others in the ground. If you want to hear us come and join us. Complaining while not contributing. Well in.

MFKS
23-03-2014, 05:01 PM
Moving from the Eastern to Western Stand this season myself well at times the sound is lost in Bay 60.

That being said you could barely hear them in Bay 2 anyway.

From my vantage I can see they are in their having a go. Reality is that numbers need to increase big time in the bay.

Numbers increase and the noise is heard better and thus more randoms around the ground get involved and continue the chants in whatever part of stadium they are in.

Hopefully see some more in their next season when people can buy membership tickets to that area knowing they won't be in the sun all season

foti68
23-03-2014, 05:06 PM

Bay60 has been a far better move on the whole. Helps when we are not playing shit as well. Pretty much at our lowest numbers now but at least people are putting it in.

In the end I Don't do active support for you or others in the ground. If you want to hear us come and join us. Complaining while not contributing. Well in.

Im not complaining. At away games i sit with you guys and join in. At home games i have season tickets with my family. I am just stating what i have noticed since you guys have moved.

Blackmac79
23-03-2014, 05:08 PM
Im not complaining. At away games i sit with you guys and join in. At home games i have season tickets with my family. I am just stating what i have noticed since you guys have moved.

No worries. Just as I said, team is shocking numbers are down all around the ground.

Would help if the bay was full.

Superdylan
23-03-2014, 08:15 PM
Would help if people weren't embarrassed to join in in small numbers. Yes numbers were at the smallest yesterday maybe the smallest since some parts of season 6? Brisbane roar at home with the never surrender tifo or that game against wellington phoenix at home in 40 degrees heat?

Thought I'd move to the other side of the ground in the second half for abit and sit next to the guys with the drum there to see if much atmosphere getting made over there. Not much chanting however the come on Newcastle chant was picking up when the squadron was chanting it.

Hopefully if we make the finals we will see a large increase in numbers.

BodyNovo
23-03-2014, 08:24 PM
Simple equation

Team winning - bigger active support

Team losing - smaller active support

When the team has been losing consistently it doesn't help either

While I would cherish a bigger active base, there are a lot of pros in a smaller base, including the fact the people who are there are actively involved and not there for the experience.

militiamon
23-03-2014, 08:25 PM
tbh we were lucky if we had 12 blokes over the age of 16 last night, so the fact that you could hear the Phoenix dudes over us doesn't surprise me too much.
You're probably right about the acoustics foti, but then there's not really anywhere in the stadium that is ideal for singing anyway. Plenty of groups make do with open-air environments (*coughRBBcough*), but again it comes down to numbers.

But yeah, there's not much we can do until the results start picking up. 6 seasons of utter shitness has slowly but surely chipped away at numbers, it's a real credit to anyone still remaining.

Blackmac79
23-03-2014, 08:40 PM
Would help if people weren't embarrassed to join in in small numbers. Yes numbers were at the smallest yesterday maybe the smallest since some parts of season 6? Brisbane roar at home with the never surrender tifo or that game against wellington phoenix at home in 40 degrees heat?

Thought I'd move to the other side of the ground in the second half for abit and sit next to the guys with the drum there to see if much atmosphere getting made over there. Not much chanting however the come on Newcastle chant was picking up when the squadron was chanting it.

Hopefully if we make the finals we will see a large increase in numbers.

That's why were improved in the second half. Less bellends.

MFKS
23-03-2014, 08:52 PM
That's why were improved in the second half. Less bellends.

That type of attitude doesn't help your cause. :blush:

Bit hard to justify that your open and accommodating to all yet put shit on those who do get involved but are not part of the inner circle

Don't complain about lack of numbers if that is the attitude

Blackmac79
23-03-2014, 09:06 PM
That type of attitude doesn't help your cause. :blush:

Bit hard to justify that your open and accommodating to all yet put shit on those who do get involved but are not part of the inner circle

Don't complain about lack of numbers if that is the attitude

Big difference between people trying to get involved and people who turn up drunk and then on away trips loud mouth our at away support putting squadron members at risk from other groups hooligans. Super dyl deserves every bit of shit directed at him for the trouble he has caused over the years.

hawk
23-03-2014, 10:05 PM
sometimes there is a bit of history in comments on da foz and occaisionally there are some who go past a responsible point.
However, everyone is welcome to bay 60 to make some noise and be active. This still includes waving of flags etc.

btw member do you still play/help out with KS

parksey
23-03-2014, 10:17 PM

**** you say some dumb shit sometimes

Blackmac79
23-03-2014, 10:45 PM
**** you say some dumb shit sometimes

What was dumb about what I said?

Bloke first stated that we were not able to be heard from further up the western stand.

I referenced the performance and the response from the players post match.

Stated that on the whole the bay 60 move has been positive.

Stated that active support participation and numbers are affected by the way the team are playing.

Stated that last night our numbers were probably at their lowest.

Made the point that active support isn't for other fans in the ground.

Remarked that it is ironic that someone who didn't participate in creating atmosphere finds themselves hard done by that they couldn't hear it.

Also invited them to come and help our numbers by joining us.

Not that dumb or shit really.

But that's your opinion. As the above was mine.

GazFish35
23-03-2014, 11:00 PM
Maybe what Parksey meant instead of "you say some dumb shit" was "you say shit in a dumb way"

Blackmac79
23-03-2014, 11:04 PM
Maybe what Parksey meant instead of "you say some dumb shit" was "you say shit in a dumb way"

It's more acrobatic my way.

parksey
23-03-2014, 11:36 PM
What was dumb about what I said?

Well, apart from adopting a condescending and pretentious tone when responding to a punter who was just raising an honest question:

^^ This bit.

But mostly this. The whole point of active support is to create an atmosphere to gee up the players and for the rest of the fans in the stadium to enjoy. Having fun with your mates should be a by-product of this.

Blackmac79
24-03-2014, 06:59 AM
Well, apart from adopting a condescending and pretentious tone when responding to a punter who was just raising an honest question:

^^ This bit.

But mostly this. The whole point of active support is to create an atmosphere to gee up the players and for the rest of the fans in the stadium to enjoy. Having fun with your mates should be a by-product of this.

Tone, as I am sure you are aware is a hard thing to convey, and indeed decipher over the Internet.

In the end there seems an endless supply of people willing to say "squadron is not doing well enough" and not enough willing to say "how can I help improve the situation".

For every 1 "squadron did well tonight" there are 10 "put your ****ing flag down".

If there was any tone to what I said perhaps it was that of exasperation at the constant stream of complaint and non constructive criticism.

MFKS
24-03-2014, 08:58 AM
Big difference between people trying to get involved and people who turn up drunk and then on away trips loud mouth our at away support putting squadron members at risk from other groups hooligans. Super dyl deserves every bit of shit directed at him for the trouble he has caused over the years.

Firstly he wouldn't be the only bloke who has ever turned up drunk on an away trip

Secondly the bloke is about 60kgs - 70kgs wringing wet and is definitely a lover not a fighter. Unless he is packing some hidden UFC submission skills he is probably the last bloke likely to start the biff

Thirdly loud mouthing away fans well he ain't the first and won't be the last to give them heaps and get them riled enough to want to punch on. Maybe people should be sitting down and speaking to people who are trying to get ultra hool and pulling them into line and not ostracsicising them. Youthful exuberance comes in many forms and needs to be harnessed and controlled. Issue also lies with the away fans wanting to punch on over banter. They need to learn to take it

Fourthly whatever personal opinion you yourself have of SD should be kept private between you and SD. I couldn't give too ****s what you think of SD cause that is your call

As a person of note in the Squadron though you shouldn't be laying shit on anyone in it on the Foz for past matters as it doesn't exactly make you look welcoming.

Your comments about tone being hard to reflect on a forum are right but calling people bellends and saying things improved without someone when they left are not you being unable to convey your tone well. You have already gone on the front foot and had a dig so it is a bit hard to say things were misconstrued

belchardo
24-03-2014, 09:40 AM
:popcorn:

LiverJet
24-03-2014, 11:33 AM
I agree with foti, we sit in bay 56 almost right next to the squadron and I have to say that we heard more when you guys were in bay 2 then now. Think it has to do with the openness of bay 60.

Blackmac79
24-03-2014, 11:46 AM

Rocknerd
24-03-2014, 12:23 PM
Well I'm sure that bay 60 will be filled for finals, plenty of people suddenly finding their voice and adding to the sound come finals time. After all we're going to Perth to play against a team who haven't won in their past 10 matches and then it's Victory who we always seem to have the metal over so mathematically speaking we will be in the finals (just) and therefore our numbers will swell with the pride of the Underdog lifting its head and rallying the troops to our cause.

Surely then everyone will hear our voices.

Jeterpool
24-03-2014, 01:03 PM
I agree with foti, we sit in bay 56 almost right next to the squadron and I have to say that we heard more when you guys were in bay 2 then now. Think it has to do with the openness of bay 60.

We're in Bay 58 mate...I wondered where you had been the last few weeks.

MFKS
24-03-2014, 01:16 PM
660:sigh:

plague
24-03-2014, 01:57 PM
After all we're going to Perth to play against a team who haven't won in their past 10 matches and then it's Victory who we always seem to have the metal over so mathematically speaking we will be in the finals (just).

"6 chickens.
7 chickens.
8 chickens.
Oh wait there's another unhatched egg over there, 9 chickens.........."

Rocknerd
24-03-2014, 02:20 PM
"6 chickens.
7 chickens.
8 chickens.
Oh wait there's another unhatched egg over there, 9 chickens.........."

I know, but better to be optimistic than to be my usual disgruntled self. we have failed every time we were in a position to ensure our position and have failed to show even half of the grit and determination that we saw against the Nix.

I'm openly choosing to be optimistic from here on rather than continue my Negitive approach to our team and club.

snake
24-03-2014, 02:24 PM
it's probably that they were facing the western stand, and are now facing the eastern

i remember plenty of comments from people near half-way on the eastern how they never heard the sqrn when they were in bay 2. yet, they were easily heard from the corp boxes in the northern end of the western.

anyone in the eastern got any comments on the noise generated from bay 55?

parksey
24-03-2014, 02:46 PM

i find this quite ironic considering you were the first person who tried to act tough in this thread.

plague
24-03-2014, 03:00 PM
anyone in the eastern got any comments on the noise generated from bay 55?

Spent a few games abt half way upper eastern stand. Since the move no we couldn't hear but it's plain to see that the blokes over there are putting in a shift so I sure as heck ain't gonna criticize. If the noise doesn't travel, the noise doesn't travel.
In the early days spent a bit of time towards back of bay 4 and those pelicans in the back row used to annoy the piss out of me with their jibbering.
Nice blokes though, and could drink.

Active just needs to keep doing their best, the fact Griff was charging straight over to you means it does matter to the players.
If blokes want noise in bay 55, 29, the toilets or wherever, they can always make it themselves.

redwah
24-03-2014, 04:46 PM
I have a question...in the past the squadron took up most of bay 2 and sometimes spilled over into nearby bays, where have the bulk of them, you, gone?

I mean it's over a hundred "active" supporters that have either abandoned the squadron or abandoned the jets.

Surely that many "die hard" supporters don't hate the red and blue shirts that much. GVE hatred I can understand but now he's gone in would have thought some of them would have returned.

Is it personal with others ( I don't want details) because if you spend so much time in there over the years then simply disappear there must be a reason.

Cheers for any insight.

BodyNovo
24-03-2014, 05:19 PM
I have a question...in the past the squadron took up most of bay 2 and sometimes spilled over into nearby bays, where have the bulk of them, you, gone?

I mean it's over a hundred "active" supporters that have either abandoned the squadron or abandoned the jets.

Surely that many "die hard" supporters don't hate the red and blue shirts that much. GVE hatred I can understand but now he's gone in would have thought some of them would have returned.

Is it personal with others ( I don't want details) because if you spend so much time in there over the years then simply disappear there must be a reason.

Cheers for any insight.

from a personal view looking out;

i would say the majority are still jets supporters

the core was never replaced. the core in my mind being the guys who would turn up every week regardless of the result, weather, etc.

in season 1-5 there was probably a solid core of 50 blokes and than there was a rally of 100-300 people on gameday who made the bay.

from seasons 6 to now the core was began to dwindle and was not replaced.

i would say we currently have a core of 20 blokes who make up the gameday bay every week.

i'm sure people have left the squadron due to issues with how things were/are run, but i would say most have left for better reasons (i.e. family, older in age)

at the end of the day we need to become better at making sure when people come into bay 60/2 they want to stay

the only way we can do that is for people to provide feedback on here/on social media so we can fix the problems and make the experience better.

from the active supporter forum we i think addressed most concerns which were;

lack of connection with the crowd: adoption of the call and response chant, posting of chant sheets in jets insider emails

squadron "boys club" tag: open tifo days, making membership public

unfortunately most generic response we get are

'the squadron are full of 16 year old hools'

'the squadrons to small'

'the drum and the megaphone is to loud'

'i hate the squadron'

at the end of the day, if the team starts winning than maybe fans might feel more inclined to try active support again, saturday hopefully was a good start for positive results.

redwah
24-03-2014, 05:32 PM
from a personal view looking out;

i would say the majority are still jets supporters

the core was never replaced. the core in my mind being the guys who would turn up every week regardless of the result, weather, etc.

in season 1-5 there was probably a solid core of 50 blokes and than there was a rally of 100-300 people on gameday who made the bay.

from seasons 6 to now the core was began to dwindle and was not replaced.

i would say we currently have a core of 20 blokes who make up the gameday bay every week.

i'm sure people have left the squadron due to issues with how things were/are run, but i would say most have left for better reasons (i.e. family, older in age)

at the end of the day we need to become better at making sure when people come into bay 60/2 they want to stay

the only way we can do that is for people to provide feedback on here/on social media so we can fix the problems and make the experience better.

from the active supporter forum we i think addressed most concerns which were;

lack of connection with the crowd: adoption of the call and response chant, posting of chant sheets in jets insider emails

squadron "boys club" tag: open tifo days, making membership public

unfortunately most generic response we get are

'the squadron are full of 16 year old hools'

'the squadrons to small'

'the drum and the megaphone is to loud'

'i hate the squadron'

at the end of the day, if the team starts winning than maybe fans might feel more inclined to try active support again, saturday hopefully was a good start for positive results.

Cheers for the reply.

Personally I've never been in the squadron because there is an active member (I'm pretty sure he's still there) who I think is up there as the biggest cockheads I've ever had the displeasure of coming across ( nothing to do with jets or squadron, just a personally hatred) and to be honest I've passed some judgements on you/them that may have been unfair but in saying all that good on those who have been and continue to be involved. Just some advice though, don't think because you are the "active" support that your opinions or your rights are greater than the rest of the supporters, people have different circumstances that may not allow them the freedoms to attend as much as you though their commitments to the club and game may be as intense. Just remember the RBB think they are above the club and the silent protest against us showed they believe that their rights to have flares and the like should overrule the majority of supporters who just go to watch, and it nearly cost the team they "support" points.

BodyNovo
24-03-2014, 05:44 PM
Cheers for the reply.

Personally I've never been in the squadron because there is an active member (I'm pretty sure he's still there) who I think is up there as the biggest cockheads I've ever had the displeasure of coming across ( nothing to do with jets or squadron, just a personally hatred) and to be honest I've passed some judgements on you/them that may have been unfair but in saying all that good on those who have been and continue to be involved. Just some advice though, don't think because you are the "active" support that your opinions or your rights are greater than the rest of the supporters, people have different circumstances that may not allow them the freedoms to attend as much as you though their commitments to the club and game may be as intense. Just remember the RBB think they are above the club and the silent protest against us showed they believe that their rights to have flares and the like should overrule the majority of supporters who just go to watch, and it nearly cost the team they "support" points.

sad that your opinion of one person over rides your want to be involved actively but that's your decision

once again of personal opinion; no one i know in the squadron thinks they are bigger than the club and i definitely don't have that opinion

i and other activer supporters pay the exact same money as the other 10,000 members which means our opinions are of equal value.

redwah
24-03-2014, 06:08 PM
sad that your opinion of one person over rides your want to be involved actively but that's your decision

once again of personal opinion; no one i know in the squadron thinks they are bigger than the club and i definitely don't have that opinion

i and other activer supporters pay the exact same money as the other 10,000 members which means our opinions are of equal value.

Yeah that's how big of a dick I think this person is.

Like I said probably an unjust opinion, plenty of people who don't sit in the squadron who think their shit don't stink either.

That was my point exactly, everyone is entitled to an opinion and they can be as informed or uninformed as they like but without any evidence they are just opinions.

In the end we all want a winning, stable team and club that we can cheer and be proud of.

GazFish35
24-03-2014, 06:57 PM
I think bodi and redwah have hit the nail on the head.

Folk have drifted into other parts of life and haven't been replaced.

They've drifted as study turned to work, work changed or families started or grew.
When these changes happen if you don't get what you need from football its natural to get what you need elsewhere.

Most people I'd imagine are after fun with your mates or family when it comes to going to the football.... A winning team helps that, being made to feel welcome in the bays helps that. We have sucked on the field for a long time, and for a long time people have been saying they don't feel welcome be it from perception of "the group" being too exclusive or individuals rubbing people up the wrong way.

I'm one that has drifted due to work changing, family growing and some grievances with the way some things have been dealt with in the past (but they're in the past now)

Great steps forward have been made this year, IMO.

The group runs the risk now of expecting everyone to get back on board straight away.... It's going to take time, and we need to make sure frustrations aren't directed at people in a way that only contributes to the initial problem.

Opinions, and differences of opinion should be used as means to strengthen and broaden the group, not divide. After all we all follow the same team and hope for the same thing.

newi24-2-08
24-03-2014, 07:25 PM

Cheers for any insight.

Probably because all the current senior members of the squadron are ****wits

Exhibit A

Skirt Boy
24-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Squadron need to be behind the goals in the Southern Hill.

Whoever thought up the idea to put active support in the corners is a moron.

Thomas477
24-03-2014, 07:52 PM

Didn't the coasties try that for a while?

GazFish35
24-03-2014, 07:54 PM

Exhibit A

All?

la bazzle
24-03-2014, 07:56 PM
All?

You mostly ya jerk

WolfMan
24-03-2014, 08:14 PM

Dead-set, how many different ways can this question be answered?

The FFA have mandated that all "active support" areas shall be fully seated. The hill, by it's very name does not fit the bill

Blackmac79
24-03-2014, 08:39 PM

Exhibit A

Spectacular.

belchardo
24-03-2014, 08:48 PM
:popcorn::popcorn:

belchardo
24-03-2014, 08:51 PM
Honestly, would hate to see what we'd do to each other if we really did hate each other.

This keyboard warrior flame war is quite entertaining.

GazFish35
24-03-2014, 08:51 PM
You mostly ya jerk

I follow your lead. :lulzturtle:

lquiquer
24-03-2014, 08:54 PM
Shame we can't be like the Stones....well known that some band members never / don't / didn't like each others but the Band always came / come #1....50ish years later they are stronger than ever....................................#NTUA
As far as I am concerned: Jets / Squadron #1.......big Ego to make way... for Unity.

militiamon
24-03-2014, 09:09 PM
bout time to close this thread, yeah?

lquiquer
24-03-2014, 09:11 PM
^ Yeah..... and there are no such things as ***wits or *****heads..... except for Hutcho

sammydog
24-03-2014, 09:23 PM
Actually, from Bay 55 I don't think the squadron is any more (or less) noisy than it was in Bay 2. The drum is certainly more noticeable, the chants would be pretty much the same as always volume wise.

Probably the difference now is that its less visible so you notice it less. To us, you could see something happening when it was in Bay 2, now you can see if your really looking for it, but that means looking away from the game.

All up though I think the move to Bay 60 was (and still is) a good thing. The biggest issue in the squadron is really about the numbers getting involved. Irrespective of location, it is the numbers of people that are going to get it heard, not the bay location. What I have noticed this season that has been missing in past years is that the Squadron appears to be trying to involve/attract people. If they continue down this path it will grow, it will just take time.

There will always be people who will stand on the side line and criticise (at the same time making excuses for not getting involved), nothing you can do about those people. As long as you look to engage people, it will grow.

hawk
24-03-2014, 09:29 PM
Dead-set, how many different ways can this question be answered?

The FFA have mandated that all "active support" areas shall be fully seated. The hill, by it's very name does not fit the bill

just need a bays worth of seating behind the goals. bet magic could make it happen

Rocknerd
24-03-2014, 09:48 PM
Good to see that within a few pages we are back hating on our own. Well done!
Newy mentality all the way!

BodyNovo
24-03-2014, 09:50 PM

Exhibit A

Feel like I'm just getting sucked into bite

But

It's these perceptions from people that keep people away

The same f**wits this year alone

- gave proceeds from jetstream sales and took donations to the rural fire service
- offered there own material to jets fans of all ages to make there own banners
- ran a non for profit bus service for jets fans for nsw games
- organised a social event with another supporter group

I could name other things us ****wits did but I'll stop

One outlandish comment doesn't make the whole squadron f**kwits.

halo se7en
24-03-2014, 09:54 PM
Feel like I'm just getting sucked into bite

But

It's these perceptions from people that keep people away

The same f**wits this year alone

- gave proceeds from jetstream sales and took donations to the rural fire service
- offered there own material to jets fans of all ages to make there own banners
- ran a non for profit bus service for jets fans for nsw games
- organised a social event with another supporter group

I could name other things us ****wits did but I'll stop

One outlandish comment doesn't make the whole squadron f**kwits.

I had no idea they did any of this, and I'm pretty regular on this forum. How would people 'outside' know?

Think it just comes down to exposure. Most people who rock up, and aren't on here, probably have no idea they can just wander into your bay and join in.

And just to extend my ignorance further, is there any sort of Squadron season ticket the Jets advertise with the other season options?

BodyNovo
24-03-2014, 10:01 PM
Everything above has been promoted by us on this forum and on our social media Channels

The buses, and the open tifo day were publicised by the club on all ther channels as well

Whether we need to promote things more?

The squadron has it's own membership which gets you a tennis club membership .

But this is not connected to your Newcastle jets membership

howardyou
24-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Everything above has been promoted by us on this forum and on our social media Channels

The buses, and the open tifo day were publicised by the club on all ther channels as well

I think the club needs to promote it more to be honest. Through cheaper membership for squadron or whatever.

I guess the best part of the Rowdies at Breakers was that it was easy to just stand along and sing and shout on the hill.
Having to be in a sectioned off area really restricts new growth. I see that as the major problem for you fellas.

halo se7en
24-03-2014, 10:19 PM

Promoting on here sounds like you're preaching to the converted. If I didn't see it, I'm not sure how a non-foz member would.

BodyNovo
24-03-2014, 10:33 PM
Not having general admission for active supporters is the biggest problem in the league!

All active support has to be reserved seating its a joke and it doesn't support growth I agree.

It's one of the reasons why the north terrace are currently protesting

timmy_v
24-03-2014, 10:33 PM
Well after reading these comments so far, the biggest question is;

What can be done to get more people into Active support bays?

Just want to express that no idea is a bad one and no person has full control over anything that happens in or around the bay. We have a squadron committee for a reason and we've always encouraged new people to stand up and help us out with new ideas and ways to do things. We have never thought we are bigger or better then any other jets fans. We may be looked at like this, but that is the opinion of others and they can have it to be honest.

We just support the club in a different way to most within the ground, but we do it our way because its what we love.

PLUS to those that just want to take shots at us blokes who are involved and whatever, keep doing what your doing because it will never get under our skin or change anything thats going on. Change happens with people actually doing something, not throwing meaningless insults about.

pistolpete
24-03-2014, 10:34 PM
Amongst all the bullshit there have been a few good points raised here. As one who has moved away for reasons like Gaz I agree that things have improved in a lot of ways this year. There is a bit of work to do and I am always happy to be involved in putting in the work if needed. I do think sometimes we take one step forward and two back when people hit post before they think. At the end of the day we are here to support the team not act like a bunch of knobs. If anyone wants to talk to me about it you all should know who I am. If not I'm sure someone will point me out for you

halo se7en
24-03-2014, 10:54 PM
I've been critical of the squadron at times, but I like to think it's with constructive intent. I've been a jets fan since day one but not once have I stood in the squadron, and I'm pretty confident I won't ever. But it doesn't mean I don't appreciate what you guys have done, or the effort you've put in over the years. "Active" support in this sense just isn't me, but I still want to see you lads grow. Unfortunately, as with anything soccer-related in this country, 20 good deeds such as those mentioned above, can be quickly outdone by one negative event, such as the incident that landed on the front page of the Herald after the first WSW game this season.

Maybe the first step is to start asking everyone on here who doesn't join in, why not. Start a serious poll, then start asking people a bit wider, such as FB pages etc… then you know what to work on if you do want it to grow.

hawk
24-03-2014, 11:07 PM
I've been critical of the squadron at times, but I like to think it's with constructive intent. I've been a jets fan since day one but not once have I stood in the squadron, and I'm pretty confident I won't ever. But it doesn't mean I don't appreciate what you guys have done, or the effort you've put in over the years. "Active" support in this sense just isn't me, but I still want to see you lads grow. Unfortunately, as with anything soccer-related in this country, 20 good deeds such as those mentioned above, can be quickly outdone by one negative event, such as the incident that landed on the front page of the Herald after the first WSW game this season.
Maybe the first step is to start asking everyone on here who doesn't join in, why not. Start a serious poll, then start asking people a bit wider, such as FB pages etc… then you know what to work on if you do want it to grow.

fair enough, and a decent way to make a point.
We did this halo. I think it was in supporters thread somewhere. Encouraging/inviting membership to all, including all types of chants, pre game meet up and opening up tifo content have been addressed thus far. There are quite a few new members that are intermittently joining in. the new bay will take a fair of time to embed. top 4 finish would be a blessing for all 10000 of us

furns
25-03-2014, 12:38 PM
Ok am shutting this thread down, there is a specific thread for feedback on the bay 60 move
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/showthread.php?851-Squadron-Relocation-Your-thoughts-please
As well as squadron threads to post all these other issues.