Brisbane vs Heart
Sat 29th Mar
Central Coast vs Wanderers k/off 530pm
Victory vs Sydney FC k/off 745pm
Sun 30th Mar
Wellington vs Adelaide k/off 1pm

My picks
Brisbane 3-1, WSW 2-1, Melbourne 2-0, 1-1

I reckon Sh!tney can F#@k/ off as well....carn Ricktory (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

Grimario
28-03-2014, 09:10 PM
Great shit decision to start the roar heart game.

GazFish35
28-03-2014, 09:13 PM
At least he didn't send off the wrong player for a non-red card offence!

Grimario
28-03-2014, 09:16 PM
I dunno... reversing a penalty decision because a guy in an offside position gets the ball after the foul might be a worse decision for heart.

MFKS
28-03-2014, 09:23 PM
About time Heart scored.

**** they have deserved it.

All over Roar like a rash

Grimario
28-03-2014, 09:39 PM
Why do they ramble on about Williams being a possible socceroo bolter? You'd have Viduka ahead of Williams, ffs.

MFKS
28-03-2014, 09:40 PM
Slater and Basheer have NFI

Claim David Williams is a smokie for the World Cup.

Not based on his finishing tonight obviously. :blush:

Bloke would have to be one of the most over rated in the HAL in my opinion. ****s up plenty and is anonymous in a lot of games

MFKS
28-03-2014, 09:42 PM
Don't often see a forward pass like that in the penalty box and no offside.

What the **** was that Heart bloke doing back there??

Grimario
28-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Fantastic Slaterism just now. "Beroicha becoming more involved in the game".

MFKS
28-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Fantastic Slaterism just now. "Beroicha becoming more involved in the game".

Poor Andy Harper would have been working on something like that for weeks just waiting for the moment to drop it in the coverage and Slater has stolen his glory

belchardo
28-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Cry me a bloody river berisha. Dog of the highest (or lowest depending on your point of view) order.

MFKS
28-03-2014, 10:14 PM
Berisha :fright:

Whats unfortunate about it.

He dived in studs up and and got an opponent. Do that anywhere else in the park and it is a red.

Going for the ball doesn't come into the equation then either.

Unfortunate yes but them are the consequences when you dive in.

3 send offs in a season. Wonder how long his suspension will be???

weston
28-03-2014, 10:16 PM
Berisha sent off. Bloke looks devo. Shed a tear.

I tell you what though. It looked nasty. Velhapi got studs in the face yeah. But Berisha went for the ball, unfortunately hit the top of the ball and his boot ends up in Velhapi's face. Unfortunate incident which could of been very ugly for Velhapi but never a red card.

belchardo
28-03-2014, 10:19 PM
Agree member. I really think slater accidentally chose the wrong sport. He is clearly more of a league fan. There is no other way to explain his constant apologies for dangerous and violent play.
Question for slater: if tando had needed a neck brace and that challenge ended his career, what would you be saying?

belchardo
28-03-2014, 10:21 PM

I tell you what though. It looked nasty. Velhapi got studs in the face yeah. But Berisha went for the ball, unfortunately hit the top of the ball and his boot ends up in Velhapi's face. Unfortunate incident which could of been very ugly for Velhapi but never a red card.

Disagree. Do that anywhere ekse on the feild, replace the face with a knee and, as the member said, it is a red card.

MFKS
28-03-2014, 10:21 PM

So if two outfield players in the middle of the park go for the ball one dives in studs up and collects the opponent is it not a red??

All players need to be protected from dangerous studs up lunges

weston
28-03-2014, 10:25 PM
I'm on the side of the commentators with this one. How many times do you see players going in studs up intentionally and take out a player and only receive a yellow card or less.

If I remember correctly a few years ago a perth player (Mehmet???) was sent up for a studs up challenge and got nothing but ball. If the referee's were more consistent with that call than there wouldn't be much of an argument with this one. But I don't think Berisha meant to go for his face.

^ I tried looking for this on youtube but it has failed me

weston
28-03-2014, 10:26 PM
All players need to be protected from dangerous studs up lunges

I don't disagree with that. If you look at what I just posted it may explain why I am sitting on the other side of the fence.

MFKS
28-03-2014, 10:26 PM
Agree member. I really think slater accidentally chose the wrong sport. He is clearly more of a league fan. There is no other way to explain his constant apologies for dangerous and violent play.
Question for slater: if tando had needed a neck brace and that challenge ended his career, what would you be saying?

Your right about him doing that a lot. Remember him saying Engelaar was hard done by when he dived in and copped some bloke with the studs up lunge about the knee.

Bloke has never had any idea

Love how he was offering up the praise to Kewell tonight on his career. Didn't the two have a spat where Slater hammered Kewell in the media over Kewells efforts in the last World Cup??

MFKS
28-03-2014, 10:28 PM
I'm on the side of the commentators with this one. How many times do you see players going in studs up intentionally and take out a player and only receive a yellow card or less.

If I remember correctly a few years ago a perth player (Mehmet???) was sent up for a studs up challenge and got nothing but ball. If the referee's were more consistent with that call than there wouldn't be much of an argument with this one. But I don't think Berisha meant to go for his face.

Your precisely right the issue that needs to be addressed is consistency from the officials.
They are reds and not yellows at all. These are the rules

Far too many do get away with similar studs up tackles and who will ever forget Smeltz on Young

Grimario
28-03-2014, 10:31 PM

^ I tried looking for this on youtube but it has failed me

Doesn't need to even make contact to be a red. Argument invalid.

The point about those challenges like that going unpunished is valid though. Should be heaps more reds given our proclivity for them.

MFKS
28-03-2014, 10:35 PM
Great goal

Grimario
28-03-2014, 10:35 PM
Great goal.

Grimario
28-03-2014, 10:37 PM
Dammit member

weston
28-03-2014, 10:38 PM
Doesn't need to even make contact to be a red. Argument invalid.

The point about those challenges like that going unpunished is valid though. Should be heaps more reds given our proclivity for them.

That was kind of my point in bringing up the Perth send off a few years ago. I think that was a dangerous tackle and he deserved to be sent even though he got nothing but ball.

Its just that you see other people tackling studs up, some get the ball, some get the player, some get nothing but air. At the end of the day they are all technically red cards in my book because the intent is there to commit a dangerous challenge.

I still think Berisha would of cleaned up Velahpi's face with his challenge, but I think it would of been more shin than studs if it wasn't for the ball.

MFKS
28-03-2014, 10:42 PM
Off the top of my head Taylor Regans wild lunge on the sideline at Adelaide this season and Zads effort 15 seconds into the F3 Derby the other year on Rose are both send offs.

Refs just let far too much of these tackles go with yellows

MFKS
28-03-2014, 10:47 PM
Gee Heart have been pretty poor this half.

Considering they have the man advantage they haven't really troubled Roar at all

Grimario
28-03-2014, 10:55 PM
Believing in something isn't enough to make it true. That's one less club who can catch us now.

Grimario
28-03-2014, 11:02 PM
Even foster is defending it on and. Unbelievable Jeff.

Scourge
28-03-2014, 11:31 PM
I do feel sorry for Berisha somewhat... It's going to come down to the ref's interpretation on the day.

Had he been tackling it's a straight red every day of the week (serious foul play), however when contesting the ball the interpretation is excessive force or brutality... Considering he was pretty much slipping over the ball and just as likely to injure himself on landing, I wouldn't interpret it as excessive force or brutality, however it definitely was reckless.

Interpretation in the rules of the game would have reckless as a cautionable offence. I think many a referee would consider attacking the ball in that position reckless, but not excessive force required to attempt a scoring chance. (Had he tried to chip the keeper as he slid and collected him with his feet/had the keeper take out his feet, where would you average referee land on a decision)

hawk
28-03-2014, 11:37 PM
Off the top of my head Taylor Regans wild lunge on the sideline at Adelaide this season and Zads effort 15 seconds into the F3 Derby the other year on Rose are both send offs.

Refs just let far too much of these tackles go with yellows

have to pull you up there, no tackle on a gypo is a card offence....ever

plague
28-03-2014, 11:45 PM
I think the biggest talking point out of tonight's match was the fact that who knew Tando Velaphi was still alive?
He's the Stuart Diver of Oz Football.

militiamon
29-03-2014, 03:01 AM

:rof: :rof: :rof:

MFKS
29-03-2014, 08:02 AM
I think the biggest talking point out of tonight's match was the fact that who knew Tando Velaphi was still alive?

Turns up every season at Wanderers Oval in the NYL for some different club.

Same with that other bloke Issaka Cerniak

Both need pensioning off

Blackmac79
29-03-2014, 06:35 PM
Hutcho is such a slimey bastard.

belchardo
29-03-2014, 07:10 PM
Hutcho is such a slimey bastard.

You forgot to log-in as captain obvious.

MFKS
29-03-2014, 07:14 PM
That tackle just then on Hersi:banghead:Studs up diving in - Gets a yellow

It is exactly why the blokes who do get sent like Berisha did last night see fans and commentators blow up.

Stop booking them and send them FFS

MFKS
29-03-2014, 07:18 PM
Out of curiosity Shittoungue is managed by the same mob who are responsible for Hunter Stadium aren't they???

How come that field that is used less than Newy is in that nick and we get shite

PS TOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOORRRRRRR

belchardo
29-03-2014, 07:19 PM
Same old simon. Cheating grub.

MFKS
29-03-2014, 08:01 PM
**** I hate both these teams

militiamon
29-03-2014, 08:25 PM
2-1 Mariners, urgh.

But at the same time, Wanderers losing (y)

That Krean playing for the Mariners is quite tidy it must be said.

MFKS
29-03-2014, 08:29 PM
Most undeserving ****s on the planet to have a team as competitive as they are.

Like some cruel ****ing joke from God with the Gypos as competitive as they are and we are a ****ing circus despite our unwavering support.

I suppose the karma is that they have to lift in that shithole and we don't

lquiquer
29-03-2014, 08:33 PM
Don't worry ....they'll finish 3rd, us 6th we play them in Goshford and ......our time to shine. Then we prob loose in Melbourne or Brisbane but hey who cares if we knock the gypos out in their backyard.....

MFKS
29-03-2014, 09:20 PM
How the **** does Leijer get away with a tackle from behind on golden boy ADP without even a card??

furns
29-03-2014, 09:38 PM
interesting the gypos can double their F3Derby crowd for their game against the Wandercawks

MFKS
29-03-2014, 09:57 PM
****ing Tards:banghead: