PDA

View Full Version : Season Over: where to from here?

hawk
06-04-2014, 07:47 PM
Well, that was another dogs breakfast. What to do?

Hunt for new coach

Get another dodgy owner

Continue to undo gve's mess

sift through dozens of uncontracted fringe players from other clubs

boz-monaut
06-04-2014, 07:48 PM
Jets to fold, new club to take it's place

the entire club is in such a shit position that this is the only logical course of action

joel31
06-04-2014, 07:57 PM

the entire club is in such a shit position that this is the only logical course of action
no. even though we are crap, I'm totally attached to the club. Folding would achieve nothing, new owners might

hawk
06-04-2014, 07:59 PM
ok. if we could get 1 back, 1 mid, 1 forward who would you add? And who would you cut?

pistolpete
06-04-2014, 08:01 PM
I know we are as good as out but officially we can still make it if we win by 2 and Sydney lose by 2. I reckon we will be in that position and concede an injury time goal. If it went any other way it wouldn't be the jerks

plague
06-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Can't we just cut and paste this thread from the last 5 years. It would save us all a lot of typing.

hawk
06-04-2014, 08:04 PM
I know we are as good as out but officially we can still make it if we win by 2 and Sydney lose by 2. I reckon we will be in that position and concede an injury time goal. If it went any other way it wouldn't be the jerks

fully aware BUT officially never got us anywhere and yes im tempting that unlikely fate.

sammydog
06-04-2014, 08:04 PM
Well, that was another dogs breakfast. What to do?

Hunt for new coach

Get another dodgy owner

Continue to undo gve's mess

sift through dozens of uncontracted fringe players from other clubs

I think we will have a new owner and coach next season.

How much will the squad change..........no idea, but I am confident of the coach/owner changing. That alone may be enough for a change in club/player culture.

ok. if we could get 1 back, 1 mid, 1 forward who would you add? And who would you cut?

I think the mids are where we need to look the most. Hopefully the coaching situation gets sorted before we get too carried away in signing people.

Jeterpool
06-04-2014, 08:23 PM
I think we will have a new owner and coach next season.

How much will the squad change..........no idea, but I am confident of the coach/owner changing. That alone may be enough for a change in club/player culture.

I think the mids are where we need to look the most. Hopefully the coaching situation gets sorted before we get too carried away in signing people.

I agree midfield is where we need work in addition to the left back. And yes, sort out the coaching before any recruitment.

I think Brown, Gibbs, Bridges and Heskey will be released. I also think we will lose two of Brillante, Taggz and Birraz.

We could be looking at a lot of recruitment in the offseason. With many players already re-signed the market might not be great so I can see a situation where the players I mentioned might in fact be retained! I just talked myself round...

Thomas477
06-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Sack Middleby.

06-04-2014, 08:24 PM
The upside is hopefully that those who are employed by the club and those offering there advice on appointments are no longer seen or heard from.

There track record at getting the big calls right is abysmal and directly responsible for the circus we have become.

RedMexican
06-04-2014, 08:29 PM
Sack Middleby.

ya kidding me ? only bloke who gives 2 shits about the club.

la bazzle
06-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Gallaway has to go. Is probably the only reason we are where we are.

And sign griff long term ffs

GazFish35
06-04-2014, 08:33 PM
Tinks to sell club to rich oil baron using money to save the knights.

We sign, Xavi or Diego Forlan.

New coach.

sammydog
06-04-2014, 08:34 PM
Id like to see Griff and Carney retained. Heskey would be great if it were somehow under the cap, he has been great for us while he has been on the pitch. Can't see that happening though.

Thomas477
06-04-2014, 08:51 PM

And? Ever since he's taken over we haven't made the finals.

He:
- appointed GvE
- signed Heskey without the coach wanting him
- appointed Zane as head coach
- gave GvE an extension
- signed Gibbs
- took forever to sign Griff
- signed Griff without proper paperwork
- based our finals hopes on 2 guys who hadn't played a game in 4 months
- hasn't appointed a head coach for next year yet (3-4 months after sacking GvE)
- signed Ward as a replacement for Neville ffs
- hasn't signed Griff to a contract for next year
- let our top scorer at the time leave for a minimal transfer fee because the player "could earn more money over there"
- hasn't won a derby in Scumville for how many years now?
- signed Culina when he wasn't fit
- bent over praising the RBB while ignoring our fans
- hasn't signed a proper left back in how long?
- passed on the opportunity to sign Flores, a proven #10 at a-league level
- changed our colours from gold to red and blue

I'm sure I missed a few things, but the buck stops with the boss. If a team continually loses, you sack the coach. If a number of coaches continually don't win, the buck has to stop with the bloke that signs them, the CEO.

GazFish35
06-04-2014, 08:58 PM

He:
- appointed GvE
- gave GvE an extension
- signed Gibbs
- hasn't appointed a head coach for next year yet (3-4 months after sacking GvE)
- let our top scorer at the time leave for a minimal transfer fee because the player "could earn more money over there"

I'm sure I missed a few things, but the buck stops with the boss. If a team continually loses, you sack the coach. If a number of coaches continually don't win, the buck has to stop with the bloke that signs them, the CEO.

Look one rung higher up the ladder.
There you'll find the problem.

And no one in world football has signed a decent LB in years so its tough to hold that one on him.

Grimario
06-04-2014, 08:58 PM

If that happens, I don't know if there would be any reason for me to support that new team.

parksey
06-04-2014, 09:08 PM
no. even though we are crap, I'm totally attached to the club. Folding would achieve nothing, new owners might

the voice of reason

q-money
06-04-2014, 09:09 PM
shut up parksey

fold the club, let boz run it, and let us win prizes by watching

RedMexican
06-04-2014, 09:46 PM

He:
- appointed GvE
- gave GvE an extension
- signed Gibbs

Yawn, same old stuff mate. Middleby is a decent administrator IMO. The issue lies within hsg. And yes sign flores the single most injury prone in the aleague. Ill pass thanks.

plague
06-04-2014, 09:51 PM

A few on here would say his management style is taking those two shits and throwing them up against the wall.

The Dunster
06-04-2014, 10:04 PM
If Middleby is calling the shots then he'd be the first CEO in the history of modern capitalism to not be a mere puppet for the Board of Directors.

06-04-2014, 10:33 PM
Yawn, same old stuff mate. Middleby is a decent administrator IMO. The issue lies within hsg. And yes sign flores the single most injury prone in the aleague. Ill pass thanks.

Maybe same old stuff, But in amongst that same old stuff are decisions made that ultimatley place us where we are today . Where we are today is not good enough for a club like ours. If Middleby is happy to have CEO next to his name and put his hand out once a week for remuneration then he also has to accept the consequences of repeated failiure.

If he were a player with such repeated poor decison making he would have been shown the door already.

Just like the coaching ranks we also need a clean out in administration and that includes Middleby.

Buddha
06-04-2014, 11:08 PM
Let Kew handle everything I say. Heskey as coach, or whatever he ****ing wants to be with the club

GazFish35
06-04-2014, 11:09 PM
Maybe there's just as many shit decisions being forced on him that he's managed to stop HSG going through with.

For all we know he might have stopped HSG from signing hutcho.

Palmer is the problem and the fact we will always be the ugly cousin in HSG's eyes.

Superdylan
06-04-2014, 11:35 PM

Correct

If not the ffa/refs will do everything possible to make sure Sydney fc makes the finals, giving del piero penalties for diving etc. Money grabbing bias ****s.

Followed next week by a potential huge hype of a west sydney derby at the anz stadium, the thought of it kinda makes me sick.

steve136
07-04-2014, 03:26 AM
Pray that Tagz amd Brillante don't leave because they're so far better than any other players we have it's ridiculous.

GazFish35
07-04-2014, 05:56 AM
Wenger has to buy big.

pv4
07-04-2014, 05:56 AM
Inb4 the MFKFC hate, but..

Graham Arnold has had 2 draws from 7 games in Japan. I think his team has conceded 4+ goals more than 3 times. Good chance they'll let him go and not persevere with him.

Let's get him as our coach.

sammydog
07-04-2014, 08:13 AM
Maybe there's just as many shit decisions being forced on him that he's managed to stop HSG going through with.

Palmer is the problem and the fact we will always be the ugly cousin in HSG's eyes.

I'd go one rung higher again. The owner is the issue. HSG are there to do Tinks bidding and cop the flack etc. I think HSG has about as much autonomy as Middleby has with the Jets. The big decisions and strategic direction come from the top. HSG just implements it. The knights are the focus because of Tinks, so that will be HSG's mandate.

Given the constraints I think Middleby has donea decent job, and as you say, how many bad decisions has he prevented?

If we end up with new owners as is being reported, I'd have no issues with Middleby staying on.

plague
07-04-2014, 09:52 AM
I'd go one rung higher again. The owner is the issue. HSG are there to do Tinks bidding and cop the flack etc. I think HSG has about as much autonomy as Middleby has with the Jets. The big decisions and strategic direction come from the top. HSG just implements it. The knights are the focus because of Tinks, so that will be HSG's mandate.

Given the constraints I think Middleby has donea decent job, and as you say, how many bad decisions has he prevented?

If we end up with new owners as is being reported, I'd have no issues with Middleby staying on.

I'd go one rung higher again.
Clearly everything that has gone wrong is TONY ABBOTT AND THOSE DARN LIB'RALS FAULT.

Pico
07-04-2014, 09:52 AM
The Cut List
Heskey
Caravella
Virgilli
Mitchell
Ward
Goodwin
Gallaway
Chapman (only if the attitude rumours are true)
Deans
HSG

The Keepers
Brown (1 year deal)
Griffo
Carney

The losses
Brillante
Taggs
Birras

I can see Arnold being back in the league for next season too, but I think it will be at SFC, unless Farina lucks out and they jump up into the top 4 and he gets his extension, then it might be 50-50 if they sack him and his staff. Don’t think you’ll see your dreams of Arnold in newy PV4, not after the way his mate GVE was treated.

plague
07-04-2014, 09:54 AM

If/when I finally get brought up on those sexual harassment charges can you please be my defence lawyer?
Dead set best reasoning since the Chewbacca defence.
Johnny Cochrane would be so proud.

De-Champ
07-04-2014, 10:03 AM
The players that will not be here next year are
Brown
Bridges
Ward (injury replacement)
Heskey (still undecided, probably will go as will not accept lower wage, he will not be marquee)
Birraz (if German club buys him)
I doubt that Brillante and Tagz will leave as there has been interest shown but no offers so far, and I doubt Tagz would go to Asia at this stage.
Players signed will be
A left back
A midfielder that can create
A marquee

BodyNovo
07-04-2014, 10:07 AM
sign di natale

Grimario
07-04-2014, 10:34 AM
The Cut List
Heskey
Caravella
Virgilli
Mitchell
Ward
Goodwin
Gallaway
Deans
HSG

The Keepers
Brown (1 year deal)
Griffo
Carney

The losses
Brillante
Taggs
Birras

I can see Arnold being back in the league for next season too, but I think it will be at SFC, unless Farina lucks out and they jump up into the top 4 and he gets his extension, then it might be 50-50 if they sack him and his staff. Don’t think you’ll see your dreams of Arnold in newy PV4, not after the way his mate GVE was treated.

I love you because you have one of my posts in your signature but to suggest keeping Brown and 3 or 4 of your get rids, I have to say this post is ridiculous.

howardyou
07-04-2014, 10:51 AM

As i have said on here before, i know for a fact the Middleby get lumped with all of HSG's decisions and generally without a say in the matter. It would be interesting to see how he goes with decent owners.
I hope the FFA take control of us. They would need to build us up for a year or two to look like a bright investment for a new potential owner. Look at Brisbane and WSW for examples.

cobra23
07-04-2014, 11:09 AM
The Cut List
HeskeyCaravella
Virgilli
Mitchell
Ward
Goodwin
Gallaway
Deans
HSG

The Keepers
Brown (1 year deal)
Griffo
Carney

The losses
Brillante
Taggs
Birras

Why the hell would you get rid of Heskey and Caravella,
Heskey has by far the best touch in the team, best aerial ability in the leagues history . and believe me the big man is quick.
caravella has done more than enough to retain his spot,

cobra23
07-04-2014, 11:10 AM
The Cut List
HeskeyCaravella
Virgilli
Mitchell
Ward
Goodwin
Gallaway
Deans
HSG

The Keepers
Brown (1 year deal)
Griffo
Carney

The losses
Brillante
Taggs
Birras

Why the hell would you get rid of Heskey and Caravella,
Heskey has by far the best touch in the team, best aerial ability in the leagues history .
caravella has done more than enough to retain his spot,

Pico
07-04-2014, 12:18 PM
There is an almost toxic culture at this club now, I feel that a wide ranging clean out is needed. For all the money that has been spent we have a mediocre team that can’t even finish higher than the bottom 40% of the league. I’d be surprised if many of our squad players managed to get a another gig in the HAL look at Jobe for example, and some of the blokes who are still at the club aren’t even as good as he was.

Heskey I would cut even though he is so dominant in the air and banging in all those goals…. Oh wait…
I wouldn’t keep the big man as he’s getting older, we have failed for 2 consecutive years to utilise his abilities, we can’t afford his wage for a visa player who is so isolated with so little return, He does not suit the pressing style the club has stated they are after. We also lack any genuine crosses of the ball, exhibit A virgilli. I believe that we could better use that wage and visa spot for an attacking mid.

Caravella is playing better but I have never felt like our midfield will dominate other teams, his reliance on turning the ball a minimum of 360 degrees before he considers a pass is so frustrating and slows the ball movement in midfield and allows the opposition to either, swarm him or reset their defence in the time he allows them. I don’t think he complements Zads enough either.

Brown I’d keep as I believe at this point he will be undervalued by the general player market and if the club shows the remotest ounce of ambition and gets a decent coach he could be brought back to being a solid contributor, of a greater value then Virgilli ever will be. Basically for the right price I still think it is worth a 12 month gamble. If the rumours of Bridges, Deans or Zane getting the coaching gig, then cut the bloke as they have failed to get anything out of him in the past and I don’t expect them to get anything out of him in the future.

Thomas477
07-04-2014, 12:25 PM
If brown is valued at all, he's over valued. Would keep Virgilli over brown, plus Virgilli is a local and being a local seems to matter more than actually being good.

joel31
07-04-2014, 12:36 PM
If brown is valued at all, he's over valued. Would keep Virgilli over brown, plus Virgilli is a local and being a local seems to matter more than actually being good.
I still think Brown has potential just has failed at the club due to injuries and being poorly managed. Brown at his Gold Coast best > Virgili at his A-League best

cobra23
07-04-2014, 01:00 PM
agree 100% about brown, the bloke at his best is a great player. he has not been confident at all since his arrival, due to the fact van egg rushed him
back from injury, then this year all the haters in this town rode him like an out of control bull.
if i was brown i would tell the jets and the fans to get fuc#ed...

Jetmaster
07-04-2014, 01:11 PM
I'm tipping Brown to be a success - but it will be at another club and our noses will once more be rubbed in it.

Thomas477
07-04-2014, 01:21 PM
So it's alright to play gentle gentle with Brown when he's playing like crap and continue to play him, but, for example, the moment Brighitti has a few bad games out of the many good games he has, he should be dropped? Don't mind people wanting to give Brown time, but you can't just cherry pick which players we stick with when they're playing well below par and which ones we throw out.

Grimario
07-04-2014, 01:25 PM
No, you goose. Brown was rushed back after playing 15 minutes in youth having come back from surgery. He should have been managed far FAR better than he was. How you can compare him being rushed into first team football and being rubbish and Biraz having multiple blunders then posting "not phase that we just failed to win to scum 7 years in a row, lol lol onwards upwards, shit hair banter banter" or whatever the **** it was is beyond me.

MFKS
07-04-2014, 01:26 PM
Whether Brown is a success is irrelevant. Signing him again would be the wrong decision which would only ever be justifiable after the fact if he turned his form around. We have more problems that need resolving rather than taking a gamble on a bloke who has failed 2 years straight.

Some points I feel we should be pursuing

Griffo needs to be given a new contract post haste
Carney needs a new contract post haste

Bridges Needs to be axed from the coaching staff of the first team and given a role in the Emerging Jets until he earns his stripes
Deans needs sacking End of Discussion
Middleby and Palmer Need to go Post Haste.
Zane should be fired also for his work with Kale Bradbery
Our off contract players all need purging
We some how need to hang on to Taggz Beard and Birraz in the off season
Any of our other misfits even if under contract need to be shopped around to rivals in the hope that someone will take some of them off our hands and free up salary cap money free up a squad spot so we can sign better calibre players with some ticker.
As for the rest these useless twats who get paid to represent our great city and take to the pitch on HAL game day. They need to find some passion for the shirt, the fans and harden the **** up and do us proud or **** off elsewhere where they can not care there either. There pitiful efforts in the recent F3 derbies are a ****ing disgrace and show the contempt those involved in the club show for their fans that this shit was tolerated without repercussions for those involved

stormypete
07-04-2014, 01:42 PM
I know I'm going to get slammed for this but here goes....

as for Galloway? Who are we going to get?
The only LB I can think of worth investing in is Traore.

I reckon Galloway actually does a half decent job in defence.
It's just that we expect our wide backs to be effective wing backs and this is where Galloway comes up short .... his crosses find the opposition more often than our attackers.

Most teams suffer at LB.

Thomas477
07-04-2014, 01:55 PM
No, you goose. Brown was rushed back after playing 15 minutes in youth having come back from surgery. He should have been managed far FAR better than he was. How you can compare him being rushed into first team football and being rubbish and Biraz having multiple blunders then posting "not phase that we just failed to win to scum 7 years in a row, lol lol onwards upwards, shit hair banter banter" or whatever the **** it was is beyond me.

And? That was halfway through last season. He's had 18 months ffs! I wasn't arguing that he shouldn't have been better managed, I agree there, but you can't afford to continually play him in the hope he gets better. All I was doing was pointing out people were calling for Birghitti's head after 3-4 average games, but Brown has had 28 below average games but people still want to give him more chances!

Grimario
07-04-2014, 01:58 PM
I have no interest in giving him another go. I am just saying that you aren't comparing two remotely similar scenarios.

The Dunster
07-04-2014, 01:58 PM
David Carney would probably disagree with many of the comments about Galloway as they seem to combine rather well on the left. I thought Galloway had a fairly good game considering he was at times defending against Rogic, Thompson, or Barbarousis. If he was truly not good enough then that lot would have been scoring freely.

Instead, a goal from a set peice and another from a penalty is how we conceded. Most unfair to blame Galloway for that.

The Dunster
07-04-2014, 02:03 PM
Correct

If not the ffa/refs will do everything possible to make sure Sydney fc makes the finals, giving del piero penalties for diving etc. Money grabbing bias ****s.

Followed next week by a potential huge hype of a west sydney derby at the anz stadium, the thought of it kinda makes me sick.

Zads to be red carded at the coin toss for calling heads in the wrong key.

newi24-2-08
07-04-2014, 02:04 PM
And? That was halfway through last season. He's had 18 months ffs! I wasn't arguing that he shouldn't have been better managed, I agree there, but you can't afford to continually play him in the hope he gets better. All I was doing was pointing out people were calling for Birghitti's head after 3-4 average games, but Brown has had 28 below average games but people still want to give him more chances!

Brown was signed by van egmond when GVE had the initial idea of playing tika-taka. Would of been great to see players like Brown, Brillante, Taggart, Cooper, Goodwin play together in the midfield.. However, when Heskey signed it completely changed Brown's role. Hasn't been the same player since.

Guerny
07-04-2014, 02:24 PM
Best scenario:
- Tinkler hands back license to FFA...
- Jets squad remains as is (FFA instead invests in refs to organise our 2014/15 premiership win...)
- FFA shops the new premiership winning club around to our new middle eastern / chinese overlords!

MFKS
07-04-2014, 02:28 PM

It's just that we expect our wide backs to be effective wing backs and this is where Galloway comes up short .... his crosses find the opposition more often than our attackers.

Most teams suffer at LB.

Your precisely right defensively the bloke is reasonably solid. Very rarely gets found out as a defender. Attacking wise as a fullback it shows straight away that he has NFI and what idea he has he doesn't have the skill set to deliver anyways.

Bloke should be played a centre half where I reckon he would do a reasonable job man marking the opponents striker

MFKS
07-04-2014, 02:30 PM
Best scenario:
- Tinkler hands back license to FFA...
- Jets squad remains as is (FFA instead invests in refs to organise our 2014/15 premiership win...)
- FFA shops the new premiership winning club around to our new middle eastern / chinese overlords!

You reckon they would try sue him this time if he tried handing it back this off season with his financial woes the way they are??

I don't

Premy
07-04-2014, 02:38 PM
You reckon they would try sue him this time if he tried handing it back this off season with his financial woes the way they are??

I don't
Here's how it would go.

Tinks:"Hey Frank I'm kind of struggling I want to offload the Jets to ease some financial pressure."
Lowe: Sure Nathan here is Sweet F all thanks for the money over the last few years.

Jeterpool
07-04-2014, 03:02 PM

Most teams suffer at LB.

You're right stormypete - there is no point letting someone go if you can't replace them with someone better. This is why I think we will end up keeping the likes of Josh Mitchell and James Brown. It may be a case of nobody better being available to replace them, and we should't cut our nose off to spite our face.

In saying that, would James Brown want stick around? With a new coahc perhaps but under the current regime he isn't getting a sniff.

MFKS
07-04-2014, 03:09 PM
You're right stormypete - there is no point letting someone go if you can't replace them with someone better. This is why I think we will end up keeping the likes of Josh Mitchell and James Brown. It may be a case of nobody better being available to replace them, and we should't cut our nose off to spite our face.

In saying that, would James Brown want stick around? With a new coahc perhaps but under the current regime he isn't getting a sniff.

Disagree there are plenty better out there to replace them. Just a matter of having a clue with your recruitment.

Remember we can sign blokes from all over the planet to replace these shit players if need be. Many blokes with skill sets better than the incumbents would also be doing it for clubs on less coin than these over paid blokes get as well

Problem once again goes back to the people who make decisions at the Jets and their inabilities at doing this well

Grimario
07-04-2014, 03:10 PM

Most teams suffer at LB.

Traore is the obvious one
Jamieson before he died
Zullo/Cassio
Rose
Behich/Garuccio

So, half of the teams I will give you.

Agree with your point though. And Gallaway is just bog standard average. He isn't atrocious (mostly) but he won't ever be considered "good". If we want him to be an average left back whilst focusing on some real trouble parts of the team, we could do worse than him. Guess that's where you have to look at the cap and decide which parts of the team are going to be improved.

We need to find a left footed Brillante and convert him into a left back.

Jeterpool
07-04-2014, 03:14 PM
Disagree there are plenty better out there to replace them. Just a matter of having a clue with your recruitment.

Remember we can sign blokes from all over the planet to replace these shit players if need be. Many blokes with skill sets better than the incumbents would also be doing it for clubs on less coin than these over paid blokes get as well

Problem once again goes back to the people who make decisions at the Jets and their inabilities at doing this well

I guess I should have added "who is achievable or wants to come to the jets. I was thinking of A-League only, but youre right - there is a huge number of options outside of Australia.

Tommyjet
07-04-2014, 05:30 PM
With taggs and heskey likely to leave I'd like to see griff moved up top and carney switched to right wing(cutting in, inverted style) and Goodwin given an extended run on the left wing. If that happened and we didn't manage to sign another left back I'd rather Gallaway play deep therefore allowing more space for Goodwin.

A relatively experienced creative genius is needed to play in behind griff or along side.

I was one of browns biggest supporters but even I don't think he has a future here. I don't think he is a winger and he isn't what we need in the middle. I see Mitch cooper coming on strong next season if he can shake the injuries. I'd like to see him as a backup to the new no10.

Off the pitch probably get sold to some dodgy Singaporean consortium

snake
07-04-2014, 06:21 PM
where to from here? enjoy your winter being unconcerned about the jerks. unless you're at uni*, winter >>> summer. happy days.

*if you're at uni, you know why the reverse is true

pv4
07-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Inb4 the MFKFC hate, but..

Graham Arnold has had 2 draws from 7 games in Japan. I think his team has conceded 4+ goals more than 3 times. Good chance they'll let him go and not persevere with him.

Let's get him as our coach.

Bump

Because I think mfkfc missed it somehow. I can't let this fly by without an absolute ribbing from him about it

Blackmac79
07-04-2014, 08:00 PM
Pv4... You disgust me.

Tommyjet
07-04-2014, 08:14 PM
Graham Arnold is exactly who we need.............................................. if he hadn't of spent last few seasons managing the coast scum

MFKS
07-04-2014, 08:23 PM
Bump

Because I think mfkfc missed it somehow. I can't let this fly by without an absolute ribbing from him about it

I didn't miss it WLG

I just felt no need to reply to such an idea

militiamon
07-04-2014, 08:24 PM
*if you're at uni, you know why the reverse is true

Awwwyyeeaahhhhhhhh :cool: :brr:

hawk
07-04-2014, 09:22 PM
enjoyed watching ID's more than Jets :blush:

au revoir hesk & bridgy

ps. sup au revoir

lquiquer
07-04-2014, 10:29 PM
I dreamt of another world

hawk
10-04-2014, 08:02 PM
I dreamt of another world

another with more football :)

Loaded_Emu
11-04-2014, 08:00 PM
Ok, this is a real rumour. I believe that Lester City are or have been in negotiations with Tinkler to buy the Jets. Anyone else heard this? Also, I believ we need a true #10 to be successful next season.

WolfMan
11-04-2014, 08:20 PM
You could at least spell the name right. Leicester City. I call rubbish

GazFish35
11-04-2014, 08:34 PM
I heard it was Lifferpull not Lester.

WolfMan
11-04-2014, 08:55 PM
I heard it was Lifferpull not Lester.

This I would believe

Loaded_Emu
11-04-2014, 10:46 PM
I got this rumour from within the Jets. The deal is linked to Heskey, and I was told to keep it quiet.

GazFish35
11-04-2014, 10:54 PM
I got this rumour from within the Jets. The deal is linked to Heskey, and I was told to keep it quiet.

Well you did that about as well as heskey did his job this year.

Thomas477
11-04-2014, 11:23 PM
Well you did that about as well as heskey did his job this year.

:lulz:

Thomas477
11-04-2014, 11:23 PM
But also, Zane needs to go. He has no plan B and is clearly out of his depth despite getting the win tonight.

Jeterpool
11-04-2014, 11:25 PM

How can a deal for the club be linked to a player who is 95% of the way off contract to another club with whom he no longer plays? Sure he played there years ago but that's it. Is he being used as a channel for negotiations.

GazFish35
11-04-2014, 11:29 PM
But also, Zane needs to go. He has no plan B and is clearly out of his depth despite getting the win tonight.

It think even he recognizes that.
For a bloke with zero first team managerial experience taking over from a tyrant I think he's done a great job, particularly is maintaining his cool and representing the club and protecting the players in the media.

He's got the making of good gaffer. Hope the new bloke is as effective as gombau and takes Zane under his wing.

Grimario
11-04-2014, 11:31 PM
He has awesome presence. He is still clueless at reacting to changes in games, something which you would expect he could learn given time under someone with a hell of a lot more knowledge. Would love for him to sit beside someone who knows something for a few seasons, see how he fares after that.

boz-monaut
Liverpool FC to buy the Jets

:lol::lulzturtle::lulz:

q-money
lester in

MFKS
11-04-2014, 11:50 PM
It think even he recognizes that.
For a bloke with zero first team managerial experience taking over from a tyrant I think he's done a great job, particularly is maintaining his cool and representing the club and protecting the players in the media.

He's got the making of good gaffer. Hope the new bloke is as effective as gombau and takes Zane under his wing.

Agree he has some good aspects

Tactically though he looks naive beyond belief. Why nothing was changed to try and stem the possession for Adelaide was a disgrace. Sure we kept them out and stifled their effectiveness but **** we had to do a lot of chasing and tactics could have been modified to allow us to get a better foothold in the game to play our game

Playing the tactics he did and sticking to them the way he did he should have had some mobile fit players to sub on to keep the work rate high.
Ward Bridges Goodwin Chilli. None of them are renowned for workrate and matter of fact it is probably an area they are all poor in

Also he needs to actually be a manager and make some decisions. His preferential treatment to Bridges doesn't look good. Being the Manager you need to make hard decisions and back your opinion even if it means you rub people up the wrong way. Poor bloke looks like he is trying to keep people happy rather than doing things his way.

Thomas477
11-04-2014, 11:58 PM
After GvE, keeping everyone happy was probably in the job description.

Premy
12-04-2014, 12:43 AM
Ok, this is a real rumour. I believe that Lester City are or have been in negotiations with Tinkler to buy the Jets. Anyone else heard this? Also, I believ we need a true #10 to be successful next season.

I've heard similar rumors and their seems to be some weight into them. The bloke is a Thai businessman who owns King Power a Thai duty free shopping chain in Thailand. He registered Leicester City under the AFI consortium which stands for Asian Football Investments which could suggest that he is interested in investing in Football outside of the EPL which makes sense considering FIFA fair play is coming into effect.

sammydog
12-04-2014, 12:54 AM
Crazy shit that we are currently 3 points from 2nd. Better goal difference than two of the teams in front of us, and we are still likely going to miss the finals.

Rams home how good brisbane have been and how inconsistent every other team in the comp has been.

Grimario
12-04-2014, 01:00 AM
Crazy shit that we are currently 3 points from 2nd. Better goal difference than two of the teams in front of us, and we are still likely going to miss the finals.

Rams home how good brisbane have been and how inconsistent every other team in the comp has been.

And how much of a shambles top 6 is! Should be top 4 at the most if finals is a must. Would absolutely be criminal (but hilarious) if us or Sydney, finishing in 6th, win 3 games in a row and are considered the best team of the 13/14 season.

sammydog
12-04-2014, 01:22 AM
And how much of a shambles top 6 is! Should be top 4 at the most if finals is a must. Would absolutely be criminal (but hilarious) if us or Sydney, finishing in 6th, win 3 games in a row and are considered the best team of the 13/14 season.

If we had beaten Perth the other week, we would be having the nervous weekend to see whether we snuck into the top 4.

Tight comp this year, but I really think its down to the mediocrity/inconsistency of 2nd to 7th. None of those teams deserve to be crowned champions.

MFKS
12-04-2014, 01:38 AM
If we had beaten Perth the other week, we would be having the nervous weekend to see whether we snuck into the top 4.

Tight comp this year, but I really think its down to the mediocrity/inconsistency of 2nd to 7th. None of those teams deserve to be crowned champions.

If we had of beat Perth and beat Victree considering we were what 7 or so mins away in each game from doing so we would now be sitting in 2nd and relying on WSW to beat Heart away and CCM to beat Roar away to have someone overtake us!!!

We could have had the weekend off!!!

plague
12-04-2014, 08:41 AM

and now we will have every weekend off for 6 months.

A.J.
12-04-2014, 05:31 PM
If we had of beat Perth

One of these things is not like the other:whistling:

hawk
14-04-2014, 08:19 PM
players to shout supporters beers at tenz= good year

hawk
15-04-2014, 10:20 AM
and..... now that the club is up for sale can the ffa directly oversee player and coach aquisiton cause we obviously carrnt

Jeterpool
15-04-2014, 10:59 AM
The last couple of FFA owned clubs have been doing alright lately, haven't they?

The FFA, whether you believe me or not, have a vested interest in seeing the league succeed. Because if they don't, they will be in a weaker position for the next round of TV negotiations. If they own us, they will set us up for success because we have a fantastic supporter base, large number (at least top three, if not 2nd top) of season ticket holders, a large stadium (turf aside), and some of the best youngsters in the league.

This could be a blessing in disguise. We need football people running the club, not people who used us as a medium for getting people on side before taking control of the sports club they REALLY wanted all along. Kinda like going to the alright looking friend of the hotter chick you're really try to get to.

hausmann
15-04-2014, 03:20 PM
The last couple of FFA owned clubs have been doing alright lately, haven't they?

The FFA, whether you believe me or not, have a vested interest in seeing the league succeed. Because if they don't, they will be in a weaker position for the next round of TV negotiations. If they own us, they will set us up for success because we have a fantastic supporter base, large number (at least top three, if not 2nd top) of season ticket holders, a large stadium (turf aside), and some of the best youngsters in the league.

This could be a blessing in disguise. We need football people running the club, not people who used us as a medium for getting people on side before taking control of the sports club they REALLY wanted all along. Kinda like going to the alright looking friend of the hotter chick you're really try to get to.

At least we'd have the refs on our side.

This could be a big test for Gallop. If the club is sold they need to do it before the membership renewal figures are tallied for next season. 3 seasons ago I had a family ticket, then my BIL pulled the plug, so I had me + 2 kids, then one son pulled the plug, now the other son has pulled the plug so I am pulling the plug. Rather spend time with the kids doing something they actually want to do then watch them fidget with boredom.

Premy
15-04-2014, 03:22 PM
FFA to take over this bloke to be made CEO

http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/football/socceroos-team-manager-gary-moretti-quits/story-fndkzvnd-1226884824081

Thomas477
15-04-2014, 04:31 PM
Can't be any worse than Middleby.

steve136
18-04-2014, 05:35 AM
We should sign Damien Duff from Fulham. Plays right wing and said he wants to come to play in Australia or America.
Re-sign Griff, play him up top. Re-sign Carney, play him on the left.
Don't bother with Caravella or Zads...we need midfielders with a little attacking skill and who can score goals. Sign Flores.
Use Hoole as CAM. Kanta and Brillante (if he hangs around as DM's).
Play Goodwin at LB, Kew as CB. Find a new RB and CB to help them out.

If we do all this, I honestly believe we can finish 6th last season and then lose in the first round of the playoffs. That would be magical.

Tommyjet
18-04-2014, 08:16 AM
He was a very good player but don't think he is worth the risk ( currently has knee injury, recently got screw inserted in knee). Desperately need a creative mid, not a creative winger.

Thomas477
18-04-2014, 11:58 AM
Hang on, you want to sign Flores, yet are going to play Hoole, who has always been a winger, in the #10 role? Where's Flores gonna play? Keeper?

steve136
19-04-2014, 03:45 AM
Hang on, you want to sign Flores, yet are going to play Hoole, who has always been a winger, in the #10 role? Where's Flores gonna play? Keeper?

I screwed up my numbers. Play Flores CAM and use Hoole off the bench.
Don't care who we play GK. I have 100% faith in the club to find a player capable of losing us games single-handedly from that position, no matter who it is.

stopper2
19-04-2014, 09:52 PM
We should sign Damien Duff from Fulham. Plays right wing and said he wants to come to play in Australia or America.
Re-sign Griff, play him up top. Re-sign Carney, play him on the left.
Don't bother with Caravella or Zads...we need midfielders with a little attacking skill and who can score goals. Sign Flores.
Use Hoole as CAM. Kanta and Brillante (if he hangs around as DM's).
Play Goodwin at LB, Kew as CB. Find a new RB and CB to help them out.

If we do all this, I honestly believe we can finish 6th last season and then lose in the first round of the playoffs. That would be magical.
Have to say I disagee. The A-League needs to get away from signing has-beens in the twilight of their careers. Yes to more players like Broich, Berista, Hernandez, Carrusca, Finkler etc. What would be the point of signing someone like Duff for a season and preventing the development of Virgili/Hoole?

MFKS
19-04-2014, 10:20 PM

Always been a winger???

Think you will find he has played a lot of football at CM

Blackmac79
19-04-2014, 10:58 PM
Relegate us.

plague
19-04-2014, 11:10 PM
Always been a winger???

Think you will find he has played a lot of football at CM

Bang on Member.
Anyone remember him being the best player on the park in the GF a few years back.
Played centre mid then didn't he?

seldom
20-04-2014, 12:25 AM
Have to say I disagee. The A-League needs to get away from signing has-beens in the twilight of their careers. Yes to more players like Broich, Berista, Hernandez, Carrusca, Finkler etc. What would be the point of signing someone like Duff for a season and preventing the development of Virgili/Hoole?

Development?...who you kiddin

MFKS
09-12-2014, 05:14 PM
No point starting a new thread

May as well continue on from where we left off.

Think it is pretty safe to say our season is already over now

Grimario
09-12-2014, 05:19 PM

It's only over if you are aiming for finals football. 7th is still within our grasp.

MFKS
09-12-2014, 05:43 PM
It's only over if you are aiming for finals football. 7th is still within our grasp.No it ain't

Your absence from seeing this shit first hand means your judgement is clouded. TV does no justice to how shit we are

hawk
09-12-2014, 11:29 PM
lol, didnt think i'd see this thread so quickly again & again.

Looks like we have to wallow in our pride for a while longer. By the time a buyer comes in, new coach and staff appointed then recruitment we are 2 years off winning. nothin to worry about.

furns
09-12-2014, 11:33 PM
#foreverninth

hawk
09-12-2014, 11:38 PM
no relo so we dont care

Grimario
09-12-2014, 11:48 PM
#foreverninth

#foreverintheleagueunlikesoontobenorthsydneymarine rs

hawk
10-12-2014, 12:19 AM

I quite enjoy watching Duff. Gets an extra viewer here

Jeterpool
12-12-2014, 08:53 AM

We get a few wins and we're back in contention. After that, everyone is back to square 1 in the finals.

Season is far from over.

MFKS
12-12-2014, 08:57 AM
We get a few wins and we're back in contention. After that, everyone is back to square 1 in the finals.

Season is far from over.

It is a little early to be drinking isn't it??

No **** it

It is definitely 5 o'clock somewhere.

Jeterpool
12-12-2014, 09:02 AM
It is a little early to be drinking isn't it??

No **** it

It is definitely 5 o'clock somewhere.

I think I should clarify and state contention for the Top 6. The Heart, Roar, Gypos and Wanderers aren't anything special this year.

The other 5 are near certainties

goaliepersempre
12-12-2014, 11:06 PM
12 lunchtime i can drown my sorrows and watch the game.... hated games in perth back in newy.. but its great with such late kickoffs for me here haha

GazFish35
21-12-2014, 12:27 AM
It's back on!

goaliepersempre
21-12-2014, 10:45 PM
It's back on!

its back on ... ahhh damien.... :)

hawk
15-04-2015, 10:05 AM
so here we are again. no change except the date

hopefully with a splash of cash an improved team can override Stabbins' "no-idea" palsy. he has an acute condition.

Grimario
15-04-2015, 10:17 AM
He's going to make all you naysayers look foolish when we win the league next year.

Jeterpool
15-04-2015, 10:39 AM
He's going to make all you naysayers look foolish when we win the league next year.

He'll have a versatile squad. Versatile in so much as the whole squad can play both top grade and youth.

MFKS
15-04-2015, 11:01 AM

Yep and my shit will turn blue

stopper2
15-04-2015, 10:11 PM
Yep and my shit will turn blue
+1

hawk
17-04-2015, 11:07 AM

State league?