PDA

View Full Version : Sports Entertainment aka the Wrasslin Thread

front2
07-04-2014, 10:45 PM
The streak is over. I was completely surprised. Lesnar did have Paul Heyman as his manager though.

Undertaker RIP.

Skirt Boy
07-04-2014, 11:45 PM
Why is this in the sport section?

belchardo
08-04-2014, 07:10 AM
When I saw skirt boy posting in this thread I was expecting something completely different. :(

MFKS
08-04-2014, 07:13 AM
The streak is over. I was completely surprised. Lesnar did have Paul Heyman as his manager though.

Undertaker RIP.

Never seen that coming.

Considering Lesnar once upon a time walked out on the WWE to play NFL then refused to come back before trying to sue Vince and then went in to UFC before illness affected that to come back as a part timer and then have the honour bestowed upon him of beating Taker at WM seems a bit generous.

Plenty of other guys could have been used to be the bloke who done it to build them up now Taker is effectively retiring.

Lesnar doesn't need the boost as he has enough credibility anyway.

Seems like a dumb move and even more surprising due to the animosity between the pair in real life

STRANGE STRANGE STRANGE

Bon
08-04-2014, 08:14 AM
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/83e/23c/16e/resized/not-real-meme-generator-it-s-not-real-rasslin-it-s-not-reeeeeaall-9a436b.jpg?1343847662.jpg

pv4
08-04-2014, 08:18 AM
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/83e/23c/16e/resized/not-real-meme-generator-it-s-not-real-rasslin-it-s-not-reeeeeaall-9a436b.jpg?1343847662.jpg

:rof: pretty much all I think of when someone talks about WWE/similar

BodyNovo
08-04-2014, 08:21 AM
i always though triple H would be the one to beat the streak if anyone, with his personal relationship to McMahon family

i honestly haven't followed it seriously the day john cena came in.

the best days were when it was WWF v WCW/ECW. the story line was just unbelievable.

Bon
08-04-2014, 08:26 AM
I never thought Ridge and Thorn would ever fight over Brook.. I always thought that the Forresters would rule the fashion industry..
I just can't believe it...

:wink:

pv4
08-04-2014, 08:28 AM
Don't think I've watched a full ep since The Rock vs Mankind & Undertaker vs Kane were the big fights tbh

#90skid

Premy
08-04-2014, 08:52 AM
Needs more Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior and Jake the Snake.

Jeterpool
08-04-2014, 08:55 AM
Hulk Hogan still going around?

Nelson Bay Road
08-04-2014, 10:30 AM
Don't think I've watched a full ep since The Rock vs Mankind & Undertaker vs Kane were the big fights tbh

#90skid

^this... same...

furns
08-04-2014, 10:56 AM
Needs more Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior and Jake the Snake.Ultimate Warrior and Jake the Snake just got inducted into the WWE HoF the night before Wrestlemania.

Grimario
08-04-2014, 11:06 AM
Apparently Jake Robert's speech was amazing. Not scripted, just talking from the hear. Such feels.

Wish I had seen it.

furns
08-04-2014, 11:47 AM
yewwtube m8

Grimario
08-04-2014, 11:49 AM
Oh, I didn't for a minute think WWE would let it be up on youtube. Will have to check it out.

furns
08-04-2014, 11:52 AM
it wouldnt be the whole telecast, but you should be able to see something.
If you want the whole thing, there should be a copy available via the usual sources

Grimario
08-04-2014, 11:54 AM
I haven't used the usual sources in years. Don't even know where they sail their ships anymore.

cobra23
08-04-2014, 01:42 PM
The best years were when the legion of doom were dominating the tag team, the mighty undertaker was born.

and also the era when the rock ,stone cold, mankind undertaker(bikey gopic) and when triple H first started ****ing the shit out of stephanie mcmahan while vince and his son would bat off over it...
also when i would wake up with sticky sheets after dreaming of fuc&ing trish stratus

all and all - THE ROCK is the greatest ever.............................................. .......................

the blue manc
08-04-2014, 03:45 PM
the Rock and Mankind, i quit matches were unbelievable,plus taker throwing mankind off the steel cage was epic a well.

MFKS
08-04-2014, 05:46 PM
What abut the Hell in a Cell between HHH and Mick Foley where if I remember right there was something on fire on top of the cell HHH and Foley were on top of the cell and HHH flipped Foley up and he went through the roof of the cell and smashed back firstinto the ring and the ring around him broke and sunk down about a foot.

May have been staged but most likely not

plague
08-04-2014, 06:27 PM
May have been staged but most likely not

Thread delivers.

Grimario
09-04-2014, 01:58 PM
Ultimate warrior is dead?!?!?!?

Buddha
09-04-2014, 02:00 PM
Pretty sure I still have that video of Undertaker v Mankind when Mankind defied the laws of death and lived after being thrown off and thru the cage, and having the chair break his jaw as he went thru the cage. Jerry The King Lawler summed it up by saying "that's it, he's dead" loved it

Grimario
09-04-2014, 02:04 PM
http://www.wwe.com/inside/ultimate-warrior-passes-away-26223975

WWE is shocked and deeply saddened to learn of the passing of one of the most iconic WWE Superstars ever, The Ultimate Warrior. Warrior began his WWE career in 1987 and quickly went on to become one of the biggest stars in WWE history. Warrior became WWE Champion at WrestleMania VI, defeating Hulk Hogan in an epic encounter. We are grateful that just days ago, Warrior had the opportunity to take his rightful place in the WWE Hall of Fame and was also able to appear at WrestleMania 30 and Monday Night Raw to address his legions of fans. WWE sends its sincere condolences to Warrior’s family, friends and fans. Warrior was 54 and is survived by his wife Dana and his two daughters.

plague
09-04-2014, 02:54 PM
2nd time he's died if you believe da Internetz.

furns
09-04-2014, 04:00 PM
wow - and literally 24 hours after being back on WWE TV for the first time in years

Skirt Boy
09-04-2014, 05:50 PM
When I saw skirt boy posting in this thread I was expecting something completely different. :(

You must be pretty hard up if you're expecting me to post something.

plague
15-10-2014, 10:10 PM
yeah look Im no WWE fan but this whole thing is pretty funny.
http://411mania.com/wrestling/randy-orton-rkoing-people-is-a-new-internet-meme/

furns
15-10-2014, 11:29 PM
:roflz:

Footyhead
16-10-2014, 08:12 AM
I prefer old school WWF, my fave being George "The Animal" Steel, your fave?

Jetmaster
16-10-2014, 08:26 AM
Honky Tonk Man, Million Dollar Man, Rick "The Model" Martel, Spiros Arion, Haystacks Calhoun, Bulldog Brower, Mario Milano, Brutus Beefcake, Ravishing Rick Rude et al.

They had charisma in the old days !

plague
16-10-2014, 08:45 AM
:roflz:
Yeah for some reason I watched those about 36 times each last night and giggled EVERYTIME.
Computer nerdz who make those things are awesome. Well in to whoever did them.

q-money
25-07-2016, 11:00 AM
oi furnsy, as i was saying on saturday night, do yourself a favour and sign up for a month of NJPW world for this G1 Climax tournament.

the matches begin around 8.30 australian time and are absolutely brilliant. last night was some of the best in ring action i've seen in years. imagine tuning into a wrestling program and actually watching wrestling :rof:

the finish to the shibata v nakajima match was brutal. the gif doesn't do the kick justice, it was as stiff as you will ever see

https://gfycat.com/AjarChubbyAnophelesmosquito

furns
25-07-2016, 11:13 AM
Will check it out

q-money
25-07-2016, 11:21 AM
actually, even if you don't sign up for it - this bloke live streams it if you want a taste of the action

http://taima.tv/r/woooalt

the a-block matches are on tonight, japan is 1 hour behind, so if you tune in around 8.30/9 you should get the start of the tournament matches

evolution
25-07-2016, 08:09 PM
Cheers for the heads up q-man - been a big wrasslin' fan for years, went to Wrestlemania this year (fkn awesome despite the shit main event) but haven't really gotten in to the Japanese stuff yet. If it's anything like what I've seen from Shinsuke Nakamura and Kota Ibushi I should be in for a treat.

q-money
25-07-2016, 10:38 PM
just watched battleground, zayn v owens another god damned classic. zayn in two match of the year contenders with the nakamura match from takeover and this one. owens is a star.

now the bad - why bring in styles, anderson and gallows if you're just going to bury them? what a waste of talent. the club could have been the hottest thing out there but so far styles has had to job to reigns, cena and enzo and cass on PPV. blokes that used to run through the best in japan for fun are now a comedy sideshow. vince really must hate styles for not working with him for so long.

balor going to raw should be decent as he will fill the styles role with those two, but just give them a decent feud. enzo & cass, as over as they are, isn't it.

main event was alright i guess, but i can take or leave it at the moment, NJPW killing it in terms of quality - the naito/elgin match on sunday night was streets ahead of anything that the wwe has had this year, and it was only the third night of the tournament.

furns
25-07-2016, 10:45 PM
Watching battleground now - holy shit that pop Bayley got when her music hit was massive. Interesting to see whether they shift her off NXT onto the main roster quick smart.

q-money
25-07-2016, 11:00 PM
Watching battleground now - holy shit that pop Bayley got when her music hit was massive. Interesting to see whether they shift her off NXT onto the main roster quick smart.

ah soz for ruining the cena match...oh wait :rof:

evolution
26-07-2016, 09:02 AM

That pop was brilliant. Sasha Banks could barely contain her excitement waiting for it. I'd say they'll keep her down in NXT to finish off her feud with Asuka and then bring her up after Summerslam.

q-money
26-07-2016, 10:38 AM
as long the truly horrific dana brooke gets dumped out of any main card show the better. absolutely stealing a living.

as much as charlotte is excellent in the ring, she definitely didn't get her old man's mic skills. surely it's time she had a clean loss to banks or something.

hate to be that guy, but i pretty much always skip the women's stuff. they rebranded the division but it's still the same shit. let them wrestle ffs. there's talent there but it's ruined by diabolical booking.

q-money
26-07-2016, 11:21 PM
surely it's time she had a clean loss to banks or something.
only took a night :rof:

my other comments still stand.

raw was pretty great. jeez they put balor over hard there, crowd lapping it up. gotta feel for KO and zayn, all that work to get jobbed out to balor who's been on the main card for all of 2 minutes. i'm all for it though, this should be great.

actually looking forward to smackdown a bit.

shibata v elgin tomorrow night in the G1 ooooooh weee

furns
27-07-2016, 12:57 AM
Agree re Dana Brooke. Absolute waste of screen time.
Women's division needs whoever has been booking the NXT women's matches - they have had some absolute barnstorming matches the last twelve months.
Great result with Balor getting over, but will be interesting to see what feuds develop with the other top carders.
Dunno what it is, but have been a big fan of KO since he joined. Sooner or later they are going to have to give him a run with the title. He couldn't draw any worse than Rollins or Reigns ffs

evolution
22-08-2016, 02:41 PM
NXT show coming to Newcastle in December: http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4111894/nxt-coming-to-newcastle/?cs=305

Pretty f#@king excited about this. Takeover yesterday was awesome, haven't seen Summerslam yet but will be doing well to follow it.

Grimario
22-08-2016, 03:08 PM
I reckon I might go to that.

The Dunster
02-08-2017, 08:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FES9IEejPmo&t=113s

The best finishing move in professional wrestling

The Dunster
02-08-2017, 08:39 PM
Nobody could do a promo like The Macho Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhSYpczLVzY

q-money
17-06-2018, 07:52 PM
dunno if anyone has been watching recently but the NXT product is phenomenal at the moment

the Takeover shows easily better than any PPV on the main card in 15 years

evolution
18-06-2018, 08:44 AM
I usually drop off from WWE after Mania for a few months, just gets so stale. PPV on today so might give it a watch on the network tonight. WWE just announced a big show at the MCG in October which I'm pretty keen for.

Really need to watch more NXT though, it always delivers.

q-money
18-06-2018, 12:13 PM
I usually drop off from WWE after Mania for a few months, just gets so stale. PPV on today so might give it a watch on the network tonight. WWE just announced a big show at the MCG in October which I'm pretty keen for.

Really need to watch more NXT though, it always delivers.

i don't really watch the weeklys for NXT, usually just read the recaps to follow whats going on and checking in now and then if there's something that interests me

the gargano/ciampa storyline has delivered every time for the past 12 months - ciampa is an absolute weapons grade nuclear heat machine

undisupted era/adam cole are incredibly over as well, the opening tag at chicago is outstanding

can't recommend this one enough

reading the MITB play by play...looks absolutely awful as usual