PDA

View Full Version : Arnie's out - Who's in???

Blackmac79
15-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Pre-emtive.

furns
15-04-2014, 11:25 PM
5 stars

GazFish35
16-04-2014, 12:17 AM
Arnie out? No way.
Imagine the puns we could build into tifo's.

Schwarzenegger.
Tom Arnold.
Arnold's from Happy Days.
Arnold Palmer.

Jeterpool
16-04-2014, 07:18 AM
Hey Arnold

GazFish35
16-04-2014, 09:47 AM
Green acres.

Arnold's pizza (or is that a western Sydney thing?)

pv4
16-04-2014, 10:03 AM
Hey Arnold

http://i62.tinypic.com/1s1i0i.png

Grimario
16-04-2014, 10:45 AM
Arnold's pizza (or is that a western Sydney thing?)

I have had pizza at one of them in Canberra, methinks.

Nothing on George's at Baulkham Hills though. Mmmm, Venus.

The Dunster
16-04-2014, 12:43 PM
I have had pizza at one of them in Canberra, methinks.

Nothing on George's at Baulkham Hills though. Mmmm, Venus.

Belmonte and Pronto Pizza were always the best pizza in Baulkham Hills.

Who the fook is George ? Never heard of him ?

Bremsstrahlung
17-04-2014, 09:26 PM
Belmonte and Pronto Pizza were always the best pizza in Baulkham Hills.

Who the fook is George ? Never heard of him ?

Need to try these places. Can confirm george's do a mean pizza. Also, all you can eat for 11.50 on Monday/Tuesday. ;)

boz-monaut
17-04-2014, 10:07 PM
any other good takeaway recommendations in Baulkham Hills?

(pleased and surprised this thread has taken a turn for the useful)

Bremsstrahlung
17-04-2014, 10:26 PM
There's a Thai place at Bella Vista that's pretty yum. It's generally a choice of thai or pizza for me.

GazFish35
17-04-2014, 11:15 PM
Good Thai pun used in store name?

Bow Thai. etc?

plague
17-04-2014, 11:31 PM

Love Thai Neighbour?

Jeterpool
17-04-2014, 11:38 PM
Ok. Not what I was expecting to read in here.

Grimario
18-04-2014, 12:35 AM

Bow Thai. etc?

I heard it was Asian Australian fusion food... Thai Mi Kangaroo Down

Grimario
18-04-2014, 12:36 AM
Need to try these places. Can confirm george's do a mean pizza. Also, all you can eat for 11.50 on Monday/Tuesday. ;)

It's a bit out of the way coming from Newcastle. Even more so now I am in Adelaide :(

The Dunster
18-04-2014, 01:59 AM
any other good takeaway recommendations in Baulkham Hills?

(pleased and surprised this thread has taken a turn for the useful)

Baulkam Palace for Chinese food used to be ok. Have heard that delivery can be a bit of a lottery though.

Retro Jet
18-04-2014, 02:52 AM
You can tell it's off season, eh?

stopper2
18-04-2014, 09:49 AM
Pre-emtive.
Isn't it "pre-emptive"?
I hope he gets the job just to piss off the losers on this forum who aren't satisfied unless they have something to whinge about

GazFish35
18-04-2014, 10:13 AM
Losers? We are jets fans! We aren't losers.

We are bottom 40%'ers

boz-monaut
18-04-2014, 01:36 PM
I believe the correct spelling is loosers

any more details on this Thai place at Bella Vista? is that the one on the lake at Norwest?

Blackmac79
23-04-2014, 07:49 AM
Arnie makes us a more valuable asset, selling a club with a winning coach on the books.

Grimario
24-04-2014, 02:33 PM
I think I've come around to the idea of a former gypo overlord being our boss. As much as some of us might cringe at the idea, imagine the despair scum will feel if he comes in and masterminds success for us? Even more so if he leads us to victory down there.

lquiquer
24-04-2014, 04:14 PM
Arnie IN.......Osieck IN at FC

Mark325
24-04-2014, 09:09 PM
It's one of those things where if we can talk about pride all we want, but look at it from this point of view. Daniel McBreen is a Newy boy, and I'm sure scum didn't want to cheer him at first. But, when he netted them 5 goals against Sydney, and can be looked at as one of the three best players they had considering he was golden boot, do you think they gave a shit? When we got Sasho, we may have hated him at first, but when he was netting us goals did we give a shit? No, I still remember screaming his name when he got us a 2-2 draw with the Mariners at home in like the 90th minute 2 years back. So, in the end whatever gets a bare minimum top 6 spot, I will fully support it

hawk
24-04-2014, 09:21 PM
It's one of those things where if we can talk about pride all we want, but look at it from this point of view. Daniel McBreen is a Newy boy, and I'm sure scum didn't want to cheer him at first. But, when he netted them 5 goals against Sydney, and can be looked at as one of the three best players they had considering he was golden boot, do you think they gave a shit? When we got Sasho, we may have hated him at first, but when he was netting us goals did we give a shit? No, I still remember screaming his name when he got us a 2-2 draw with the Mariners at home in like the 90th minute 2 years back. So, in the end whatever gets a bare minimum top 6 spot, I will fully support it

Mccvnt is a Breen for all time now regardless of his origin. there are some gypos who will never be welcomed. sasho wasnt one of them

belchardo
25-04-2014, 06:30 PM
Losers? We are jets fans! We aren't losers.

We are bottom 40%'ers

So you are one of those "glass 2/5ths full" guys, hey?

:)

GazFish35
25-04-2014, 08:05 PM
So you are one of those "glass 2/5ths full" guys, hey?

:)

I suppose I like to think of it as the glass simply being too big for the water and it's neither the water's fault, or really that much of a problem.

We came 7th this season. man Utd can't do any better! So we must be as good as Man Utd.

Nearly 10years as a jets fan gives me great perspectives on life.

Pierre Essers
25-04-2014, 09:57 PM
Mccvnt is a Breen for all time now regardless of his origin. there are some gypos who will never be welcomed. sasho wasnt one of them

Similar to your opinions i guess?

Blackmac79
26-04-2014, 10:48 AM
Arnie would resign griff. He likes his club men.

Mark325
26-04-2014, 11:47 AM
Arnie would resign griff.

If that doesn't make signing Arnold a great idea I don't know what will

hawk
26-04-2014, 01:27 PM
Does NZ know what Arnold does to National teams?

militiamon
01-05-2014, 12:19 PM
:blush:

Jeterpool
01-05-2014, 12:28 PM
/thread

Grimario
01-05-2014, 12:31 PM
Campaign successful!

Thomas477
01-05-2014, 12:37 PM
**** me, how ****ing amateur does our club look now? Sack 3 of the coaching staff in anticipation of getting Arnie, and then pull out of discussions with him.

And they didn't even give a ****ing good reason, FFS.

Jeterpool
01-05-2014, 12:39 PM
**** me, how ****ing amateur does our club look now? Sack 3 of the coaching staff in anticipation of getting Arnie, and then pull out of discussions with him.

And they didn't even give a ****ing good reason, FFS.

The club never said the sacking of Deans, Catlin and Dodd was related to getting Arnold. We don't know that for sure and it was simply an assumption.

And the club don't need to give a good reason. I'm surprised they even told us they were ending negotiation.

russjaybee
01-05-2014, 12:39 PM
I'm coming in late to the game, but what makes you think the sacking of 3 coaching staff was specifically because they believed Arnie was on the way in?

Also, dead set I would prefer to come last than to be coached by Arnie, cannae stand him.

Bon
01-05-2014, 12:41 PM
I'm coming in late to the game, but what makes you think the sacking of 3 coaching staff was specifically because they believed Arnie was on the way in?

Also, dead set I would prefer to come last than to be coached by Arnie, cannae stand him.

True man..
I can't wait to see him take over Sydney, and watch those whinging pricks continue to fail..

militiamon
01-05-2014, 12:48 PM
lol guys.

Anyone not a Jets fan right now could put 2 and 2 together, makes us look like a laughing stock.

Thomas477
01-05-2014, 12:52 PM
lol guys.

Anyone not a Jets fan right now could put 2 and 2 together, makes us look like a laughing stock.

This. Why sack existing staff before you sign a new coach, unless you were confident, that a, you would get said coach, and b, he would be bringing his own staff?

belchardo
01-05-2014, 01:02 PM
i'll cut the club some slack and work on the assumption that Sydney are willing to pay far in excess of what we can afford.

Grimario
01-05-2014, 01:04 PM
i'll cut the club some slack and work on the assumption that Sydney are willing to pay far in excess of what we can afford.

Was mentioned last week that the SFC offer was more than Jets + NZ offers combined.

MFKS
01-05-2014, 01:05 PM
Don't understand what your blowing up about Thomas.

This could be Middlebys finest piece of work yet

Saving us from the Gypo Overlord in the midnight hour of desperation.

****ING GENIUS

NOW ROBBIE

SIGN GRIFF FFS

Thomas477
01-05-2014, 01:16 PM
Fair point, MFKS, but if Sydney go on to win the league with Arnie in charge, and we again, don't make the top 60% of teams in the league, won't we look the fools.

The only reason we won't win the spoon next year is because Perth are a bigger joke than us ATM.

Grimario
01-05-2014, 01:28 PM
I hope it played out like this...

Player revolt, lead by Griff, demanding that the club reject any former gypo overlord as potential boss. Players are one thing, coaching staff another. Middleby refused, got sack whacked and voila, no more Gypo Overlord.

MFKS
01-05-2014, 02:02 PM
Fair point, MFKS, but if Sydney go on to win the league with Arnie in charge, and we again, don't make the top 60% of teams in the league, won't we look the fools.

The only reason we won't win the spoon next year is because Perth are a bigger joke than us ATM.

Regardless of where Arnie goes and regardless of what success he may have at their club the reality is we still have to find the right man to lead us to the promised land and get us into the top 60% of the League.

This is quite achievable and I would even offer that even InZane if giving the full season could actually achieve it.

We are a long way from winning a title but we ain't that far enough away that making the promised land of the Top 6 is an impossible achievement

Our success in this relies on us and our management being the right choices. That we actually do control

Grimario
01-05-2014, 02:04 PM
This is quite achievable and I would even offer that even InZane if giving the full season could actually achieve it.

Zane's points per game was worse than GVE's this season. So unless Zane can miraculously fix things and work out how to read a game next season, I call that complete nonsense.

militiamon
01-05-2014, 02:09 PM
^ I thought we were shitter after Zane took over, and this was only covered up by the fact that we had Griff and Carney come into the team. But that might just be me.

Either way, if we are serious about wanting to do well next season then we won't have Zane as coach.

belchardo
01-05-2014, 02:11 PM
^ I thought we were shitter after Zane took over, and this was only covered up by the fact that we had Griff and Carney come into the team. But that might just be me.

Either way, if we are serious about wanting to do well next season then we won't have Zane as coach.

nah, I agree, so you aren't alone in that respect.

agree even more with your last sentence.

Grimario
01-05-2014, 02:13 PM

Definitely not just you. He had Griff and Carney and got less points per game than GVE. Disc race.

Also doesn't help that he missed glaring opportunities to kill off games or was 15 minutes late to react to obvious swings in momentum.

hausmann
01-05-2014, 02:14 PM
Regardless of where Arnie goes and regardless of what success he may have at their club the reality is we still have to find the right man to lead us to the promised land and get us into the top 60% of the League.

We are a long way from winning a title but we ain't that far enough away that making the promised land of the Top 6 is an impossible achievement

Our success in this relies on us and our management being the right choices. That we actually do control

Coaching is one thing and Clayton Zane might be able to handle that.

The one thing that the Jets have never been good at is scouting new talent. We had Remo set up the initial Jets and that all went well until the team imploded. The Jets have never again been on the front foot when it comes to recruitment.

Even with the likes of Taggart, Brillante (who were a one time deal from GVE's exposure to them) and Heskey, the team wasn't really performing until Griffiths and Carney came along late in the season to add quality out wide. We had Burns on a half season loan etc. It's always a patch up job. It's no way to run a professional sporting franchise.

I doubt Clayton would be able to source or attract some exciting but relatively unknown creative players from Spain (as an example).

pv4
01-05-2014, 02:25 PM
Definitely not just you. He had Griff and Carney and got less points per game than GVE. Disc race.

Also doesn't help that he missed glaring opportunities to kill off games or was 15 minutes late to react to obvious swings in momentum.

:rof: at the likes of you, militia, bel, etc judging Zane purely on the results he got on the back end of the season.

He had someone elses squad. He had SFA time to implement his philosophy as (brace yourself militia, heartbreaks coming your way) GVE had completely fxxxed our team up.

Wasn't it militia himself who gave GVE more than 2 seasons, and probably still thinks, that he couldn't properly be judged results-wise because he hadn't had enough time to form his own squad & build his own philosophies?

Zane went from taking a team that was never, ever the same each week that played the most mind-fxxx-filled tactics you've ever seen, to going to a set starting XI who were implored to keep it simple. And the players responded very positively to it IMO.

Grimario
01-05-2014, 02:27 PM
:rof: at the likes of you, militia, bel, etc judging Zane purely on the results he got on the back end of the season.

He had someone elses squad. He had SFA time to implement his philosophy as (brace yourself militia, heartbreaks coming your way) GVE had completely fxxxed our team up.

Wasn't it militia himself who gave GVE more than 2 seasons, and probably still thinks, that he couldn't properly be judged results-wise because he hadn't had enough time to form his own squad & build his own philosophies?

Zane went from taking a team that was never, ever the same each week that played the most mind-fxxx-filled tactics you've ever seen, to going to a set starting XI who were implored to keep it simple. And the players responded very positively to it IMO.
**** building his own squads. The guy doesn't have a ****ing clue how to change a game. "Oh shit, Perth are suddenly dominating us in a game we need to win. That's alright, I will wait another 15 minutes till we completely cock it up as I have the excuse of it being someone elses squad".

**** off, he is a gimp and can **** off with Deans and co as far as I am concerned.

Bon
01-05-2014, 02:30 PM
**** building his own squads. The guy doesn't have a ****ing clue how to change a game. "Oh shit, Perth are suddenly dominating us in a game we need to win. That's alright, I will wait another 15 minutes till we completely cock it up as I have the excuse of it being someone elses squad".

**** off, he is a gimp and can **** off with Deans and co as far as I am concerned.

Tell us what you really think, Grim.. :tongue:

Grimario
01-05-2014, 02:30 PM
Tell us what you really think, Grim.. :tongue:

Still angry at all the awesome disc golf pv4 has on his doorstep now that Rathmines has a PERMANENT course.

****ing pv4.

pv4
01-05-2014, 02:34 PM
Still angry at all the awesome disc golf pv4 has on his doorstep now that Rathmines has a PERMANENT course.

****ing pv4.

m8 go easy, I haven't been able to play disc golf for several months after the injury I occured when I was playing with Gary Fish, Bon, sammydog, q-mun, militiamon, stretch & superdyl during our bi-weekly DG game @ Jesso. It was a shame too - I was trying to impress Rubez and the other Jerks players who came down after we casually invited them to come check it out, and popped my shoulder throwing too hard.

militiamon
01-05-2014, 02:45 PM
Agree with what Grimario said. He made some shit decisions on game-days that ultimately cost us a place in the finals.
His prior record with the W-League team speaks for itself.

No matter how you spin it, having Zane appointed as our coach next season will be a very disappointing outcome.

Edit: Oh yeah and for the record, I definitely DID think GVE needed to go. There were some positives to his time in charge, but in the end he couldn't get the results after 2 years in charge, and his shit man-management also cost us.

Replacing him with Zane mid-way through the season was a bad decision though imo.

Grimario
01-05-2014, 02:49 PM
m8 go easy, I haven't been able to play disc golf for several months after the injury I occured when I was playing with Gary Fish, Bon, sammydog, q-mun, militiamon, stretch & superdyl during our bi-weekly DG game @ Jesso. It was a shame too - I was trying to impress Rubez and the other Jerks players who came down after we casually invited them to come check it out, and popped my shoulder throwing too hard.

You should probably check out the Rathmines course then. Think there is a working bee of sorts this weekend to finalise some of the permanent pin placements then next weekend is the 3 day long NSW Open.

the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that Grim mentions disc golf approaches 1

Thomas477
01-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Surely you don't refer to the W-League team that featured the then Matilda's captain, the then German captain, and one of the best attackers the womens game in australia has ever produced? The one that was the glamour side of the league that year that failed to make the finals?

Who was the coach again? Oh yes, Zane.

pv4
01-05-2014, 02:52 PM
No matter how you spin it, having Zane appointed as our coach next season will be a very disappointing outcome.

Agreed.

I just think you guys have too harsh a view on Zane's results so far, which is what I was arguing.

Replacing him with Zane mid-way through the season was a bad decision though imo.

Agreed again. HSG needed to do what every sane person was screaming for them to do and at the end of the 12/13 season sack GVE and bring in a coach who could then have the entire offseason to get a squad for this season. Persisting with GVE at all this season, the rumoured 6 games to get in the top 4, all that rubbish was one of the worst decisions any form of management has made at our club IMO.

Bon
01-05-2014, 02:52 PM

Nice explanation for your DG injury.. However if Rubez was there, I think we all know the REAL reason for your shoulder/wrist being out of "whack"..

pv4
01-05-2014, 02:57 PM
Nice explanation for your DG injury.. However if Rubez was there, I think we all know the REAL reason for your shoulder/wrist being out of "whack"..

You know the Disc Golf Club motto - what happens at DG, stays at DG.

hawk
01-05-2014, 03:10 PM
True man..
I can't wait to see him take over Sydney, and watch those whinging pricks continue to fail..

perfectly put Bon-afide. with ya all the way

furns
01-05-2014, 03:27 PM
updated

keep discussions on coaching candidates here

furns
01-05-2014, 03:30 PM
If we assume that Arnie is basically the shoe-in for SFC and that we have three other candidates (media reports) that the club is looking at who are they, and who will be the best option? Zane was not one of the three but is touted as a "viable" option (ie he shouldnt be).

Personally I hope that Okon and Pappas are two of the three but I would guess that only one of them is part of the three. I am going to assume the other two could be Rudan and Bridges.
Because its the Jets.

lquiquer
01-05-2014, 03:32 PM
Would Miron Bleiberg be a good candidate?

Pico
01-05-2014, 03:33 PM
So who should we be getting as our new coach Thomas.

I bet Birraz would be great, we’d lose games but he’d be diving all over the place while we did so that’s ok. :tongue:

It’ll be Bridges, was probably always bound to be him too, this is the club after all who’s great ambition is to surpass the heights of the bottom 45% of our league.

lquiquer
01-05-2014, 03:37 PM
If we assume that Arnie is basically the shoe-in for SFC and that we have three other candidates (media reports) that the club is looking at who are they, and who will be the best option? Zane was not one of the three but is touted as a "viable" option (ie he shouldnt be).

Personally I hope that Okon and Pappas are two of the three but I would guess that only one of them is part of the three. I am going to assume the other two could be Rudan and Bridges.
Because its the Jets.

They mentioned in their statement today "domestic and international" candidates......International?

furns
01-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Bridges is English mate
Its the Jets

Pico
01-05-2014, 03:45 PM

Because its the Jets.

The club statement did specially state domestic and international. It would not surprise me if the Spanish coach, Albert Roca, that Perth knocked back also applied to us, just whether he made our shortlist, probably too expensive for us.

http://fiasports.com/portfolio/detail/albert-roca/

Pico
01-05-2014, 03:49 PM
Bridges is English mate
Its the Jets

Oficially an Australian citizen since Tuesday I think, but you're right its the jets so he's probably our international candidate.

furns
01-05-2014, 03:55 PM
Jimmy Gardiner stated on twitter that Jets were looking for an experienced coach to groom Zane. This would seem to knock out most of the available options except for Bleiberg. Okon/Rudan/Pappas/Bridges/Jones all cant really be classed as experienced coaches who would be grooming an assistant to eventually take over.
Also explains the Arnold option, he would have been the best candidate. But now that he is out, I am guessing they are deciding which o/s option is best to take a punt on. This is going to probably be a Gombau-type option. Someone no-one has heard of.

furns
01-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Papas just followed @newyboys on twitter
Have tweeted him to ask if he has been in contact, will wait on response. I have been including Okon in most of my tweets about viable coach candidates, so far hasnt replied or retweeted anything. Take that any way you want.

shagga
01-05-2014, 04:08 PM
And there was much rejoicing as we don't get Arnold.

Holger Osieck was in the mix at Sydney??

furns
01-05-2014, 04:09 PM
He is along with Rudan and Arnold. They also apparently have a number of international candidates who obviously dont know any better :)

GazFish35
01-05-2014, 04:57 PM
It'll be the cheapest option.

Thomas477
01-05-2014, 06:03 PM
Why is Rudan even being mentioned? A fan boy of Sydney FC and has only been coaching in the NSWPL for a few years. Hardly makes him better than Zane tbh.

militiamon
01-05-2014, 07:17 PM
Papas pls

MFKS
01-05-2014, 08:20 PM
Zane's points per game was worse than GVE's this season. So unless Zane can miraculously fix things and work out how to read a game next season, I call that complete nonsense.

Tactical naievty is one thing he will remove from his talents over time. No one is disputing he is naive an inexperienced.

All I will say is the way we played at home in most of our home games under Zane was heading in the right direction. Under GVE we were boring as batshit and never looked like we were ATTACKING

For the last few years we have struggled to score goals at home and Zane got us scoring goals. Tighten the defence up at home score goals at home win games at home and we will be in the Finals.

Give Zane his squad selections and time to implement his tactics and plan and not deal with the shitful cards he had and no time to alter significantly and I can see positives in this for us.

To blame Zane for the finals miss is a ****ing joke. Whatever points were thrown away in the last 3 games had nothing to do with it.

The 27 games over the course of the season showed we didn't deserve to be there

lquiquer
01-05-2014, 08:31 PM
What's Ricky Herbert doing these days?..... lotssss of experience: A league / undefeated at world cup finals level and could possibly bring back Clint who is a still a local

GazFish35
01-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Lots of coaches are undefeated at WC level.

For example..... GVE

lquiquer
01-05-2014, 08:49 PM
Lots of coaches are undefeated at WC level.

For example..... GVE

And Arthur Papas...........

Thomas477
01-05-2014, 08:56 PM
And Arthur Papas...........

And Zane

And Farina

And Aloisi

And Moyes

And Me

lquiquer
01-05-2014, 09:01 PM
And Zane

And Farina

And Aloisi

And Moyes

And Me

And Ange and Poppa..... we getting silly now...oh and....I give up

stopper2
01-05-2014, 09:27 PM
Tactical naievty is one thing he will remove from his talents over time. No one is disputing he is naive an inexperienced.

All I will say is the way we played at home in most of our home games under Zane was heading in the right direction. Under GVE we were boring as batshit and never looked like we were ATTACKING

For the last few years we have struggled to score goals at home and Zane got us scoring goals. Tighten the defence up at home score goals at home win games at home and we will be in the Finals.

Give Zane his squad selections and time to implement his tactics and plan and not deal with the shitful cards he had and no time to alter significantly and I can see positives in this for us.

To blame Zane for the finals miss is a ****ing joke. Whatever points were thrown away in the last 3 games had nothing to do with it.

The 27 games over the course of the season showed we didn't deserve to be there

Some good points raised Member!
To be honest I enjoyed going to home games probably more this season than I have for a few seasons. Zane definitely seemed to instill a positive influence on the team but I think his long-term coaching future would be better served at this stage as an assistant to a more experienced coach

Retro Jet
01-05-2014, 10:07 PM
You know, the most interesting thing about this thread is finding out that Jesmond Pk has a Disc Golf course....
I've heard some of you blokes talk about DG, it so I finally Googled it. Driving past there will never be the same now!

Bon
01-05-2014, 11:07 PM
You know, the most interesting thing about this thread is finding out that Jesmond Pk has a Disc Golf course....
I've heard some of you blokes talk about DG, it so I finally Googled it. Driving past there will never be the same now!

Careful mate.. With positive talk like that you are going to have Grim frothing!!

dink
01-05-2014, 11:28 PM
Gee wouldn't you hate to be Arnnie atm. You take a bunch of no hopers to a Grand Final victory. Considered the best manager in the league. Give it up for extra cash in Japan. Survive a couple of months and get shafted. Then come back to A-league and all that is available at the dole office is Jets (wouldn't offer enough money), Sydney FC (you would be constantly looking over your shoulder waiting to be sacked) and New Zealand (enough said). He must be saying to himself "Where did I go wrong". Would make you want to neck yourself.

Blackmac79
02-05-2014, 07:41 AM
Those that wanted Arnold are gypos. All of you out.

Would rather be shit under bridges and Zane.

Thomas477
02-05-2014, 07:43 AM

You'll get your wish soon enough. Forza mediocrity.

Blackmac79
02-05-2014, 07:49 AM
I want 6 more. 6 more years of utter and complete ineptitude!

pv4
02-05-2014, 08:11 AM

Anyone who wants Bridges is a gypo

BodyNovo
02-05-2014, 10:18 AM
zane lost me a 2 pivotal moments.

his decision in perf to take griff of for oxborrow

and than a week later to take heskey instead of carney off when heskey was having the game of the season.

zane had our best squad in years and f**ked it when we should have been in the top 4.

the only good thing he did was realize that jacob pepper is not a right back

Skirt Boy
02-05-2014, 10:56 AM
Anyone who wants Bridges is a gypo

This coming from a guy who will soon be living in a gypo council area.

**** off.

pv4
02-05-2014, 11:05 AM
This coming from a guy who will soon be living in a gypo council area.

**** off.

I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about re: soon to be a gypo council area, sorry.

But I guess I'll have to give you this one, if 2283 is turned into a Central Coast council area, in saying that I've always lived in the Central Coast. I mean - Tottenham wasn't apart of London until 1963 (and hence have never won the league as a London club, and Woolwich Arsenal were a London club well before Tottenham ever were) but they claim they have always been a North London club..

BodyNovo
02-05-2014, 11:16 AM
There's only one mob in 2283 and that's the famous fassi fc

Militia firm runs 2283

pv4
02-05-2014, 11:58 AM
There's only one mob in 2283 and that's the famous fassi fc

Militia firm runs 2283

Widcats > FassiFC

militiamon
02-05-2014, 01:15 PM
Widcats > FassiFC

Hey mate, back the fxxx up.

Don't fxxx with Fassi FC and their most feared firm, FassiFirm

http://i.imgur.com/xMaxO4s.png

BodyNovo
02-05-2014, 01:20 PM
phwoaar

q-money
02-05-2014, 01:22 PM
check out these ruthless ****s

BodyNovo
02-05-2014, 01:24 PM
if i didn't love my photo of tobedog so much i would have a new avatar.

q plz let me make this my signature.

q-money
02-05-2014, 01:34 PM
i did it but it's not showing for some reason, boz's cooks hill internet service crew must have disabled your right to display this hectic banner

militiamon
02-05-2014, 01:37 PM
:rof:

It's what we've always dreamed about <3

WLG :sup:

Bon
02-05-2014, 02:13 PM
:roflz: :lulzturtle:

BodyNovo
02-05-2014, 02:15 PM
northg8 bloke who runs ultras mentality wants the goss

plague
02-05-2014, 02:42 PM
Hey mate, back the fxxx up.

Don't fxxx with Fassi FC and their most feared firm, FassiFirm

http://i.imgur.com/xMaxO4s.png

Legit, If you let me join, ill sell my house and move out there tomorrow.

02-05-2014, 11:14 PM
C'mon Middleby / uncle Tinks these quality guys are available:

Michael Laudrup
Roberto Di Mateo
Gianluca Vialli
Gianfranco Zola
Paolo Di Canio
Ruud Gullet
Tony Adams
Paul Ince

..... and these guys aren't even the available heavy hitters of football management. Hell Even Fernando Hierro was interested in coaching an A League team and money wasn't an issue. Tired of this mediocrity sh$t. Time for some quality please....... If we get Rudan, Zane or some other washed up Coach an I'm joining the " Middleby / Palmer Out" brigade.

furns
03-05-2014, 12:25 AM
Ian Holloway

Tommyjet
03-05-2014, 08:39 AM
I'd take tony Adams any day purely because he's an arsenal legend, who can that he sucks as manager

Tommyjet
03-05-2014, 08:42 AM
Pretty sure bridges is having a major influence in this process. Clark wouldn't be on the radar without bridges influence.
Bridges is looking after himself now and his future prospects of managing in England

GazFish35
03-05-2014, 08:59 AM
Pretty sure bridges is having a major influence in this process. Clark wouldn't be on the radar without bridges influence.
Bridges is looking after himself now and his future prospects of managing in England

This.

Premy
03-05-2014, 12:09 PM
Ian Holloway
Just for his knowledge bombs

stopper2
03-05-2014, 06:42 PM

The signs have been there for a couple years or so but in recent months I think it has become obvious that Bridges has way too much influence in the decision making of this club then he should have. A lot of people think he is a great clubman and honorary Novocastrian and all that but I just get the impression that his main driving factor is to look after #1. That's why a lot of supporters want a fresh start with the likes of Okon, Rudan or even Pappas, someone young who can come in with some fresh ideas.

Pico
04-05-2014, 01:18 AM
The signs have been there for a couple years or so but in recent months I think it has become obvious that Bridges has way too much influence in the decision making of this club then he should have. A lot of people think he is a great clubman and honorary Novocastrian and all that but I just get the impression that his main driving factor is to look after #1. That's why a lot of supporters want a fresh start with the likes of Okon, Rudan or even Pappas, someone young who can come in with some fresh ideas.

I maybe a little pissed now but.....

**** YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+10000000000000000000000000000000

Skirt Boy
04-05-2014, 01:59 PM

Unless you look after yourself first and foremost then you will end up nobody.

It'd Darwinism.

GazFish35
04-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Unless you look after yourself first and foremost then you will end up nobody.

It'd Darwinism.

About time the club started looking after its own interests rather than letting individuals use it as a means to serve their own then.

plague
04-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Da paper bloke Barry Toohey said it ain't Lee Clarke.

He intimated Phil Stubbins was high on the list.

Just proves no one knows shit about shit really.

Skirt Boy
04-05-2014, 03:18 PM
About time the club started looking after its own interests rather than letting individuals use it as a means to serve their own then.

And what makes you think that the club isn't?

Funny thing about football fans is that they seem to know how to run a club better then the people actually paying the bills.

halo se7en
04-05-2014, 03:33 PM

Funny thing about football fans is that they seem to know how to run a club better then the people actually paying the bills.

Funny thing about people with money is that they think they know everything, like how to run a football club.

GazFish35
04-05-2014, 03:37 PM

I'm not talking about the bill payers.

northern_swan
04-05-2014, 07:19 PM
Da paper bloke Barry Toohey said it ain't Lee Clarke.

He intimated Phil Stubbins was high on the list.

Just proves no one knows shit about shit really.

This.

So much chasing at shadows, on here and in the media.

Bon
05-05-2014, 02:05 PM
It's Stubbins..

lil_masi
05-05-2014, 02:10 PM
Yeah its confirmed. Stubbins new head coach. I think it's a good choice, held in high regard from everyone at Adelaide during his time there.

Thomas477
05-05-2014, 02:20 PM
Yeah its confirmed. Stubbins new head coach. I think it's a good choice, held in high regard from everyone at Adelaide during his time there.

I don't think he's the best choice to teach Zane. FFS the highest he has coached in the Thai Premier League! Bring on more years of mediocrity under Stubbins and then more under Zane.

Jeterpool
05-05-2014, 02:29 PM
I don't think he's the best choice to teach Zane. FFS the highest he has coached in the Thai Premier League! Bring on more years of mediocrity under Stubbins and then more under Zane.

Can you give him a chance before writing him off? The ink isn't dry on the contract yet

Thomas477
05-05-2014, 02:41 PM
Can you give him a chance before writing him off? The ink isn't dry on the contract yet

Please, he's hardly the experienced coach we were promised. What's Zane going to learn off him to make him better in the next 2 years? How to manage at Thai level?

cobra23
05-05-2014, 02:44 PM
I wonder if he will sign his injured son JASON stubbins for a million dollar marqee

Jetmaster
05-05-2014, 02:46 PM
Please, he's hardly the experienced coach we were promised. What's Zane going to learn off him to make him better in the next 2 years? How to manage at Thai level?

Do you not realise he is a big fan of your main boy Birraz ??

Thomas477
05-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Do you not realise he is a big fan of your main boy Birraz ??

Don't care. He's hardly the experienced coach Middleby said they were going after. And coaching at Thai level is hardly impressive.

belchardo
05-05-2014, 03:05 PM
Don't care. He's hardly the experienced coach Middleby said they were going after. And coaching at Thai level is hardly impressive.

I think we've all worked out you aren't a fan.

Pico
05-05-2014, 04:34 PM

Yeah those weak arse Thai premier league coaches could never come to Australia and organise a competitive team.

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2013/07/18/1226681/676113-6056f12a-efae-11e2-a799-ec5c9dace08a.jpg

lil_masi
05-05-2014, 04:46 PM
Yeah those weak arse Thai premier league coaches could never come to Australia and organise a competitive team.

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2013/07/18/1226681/676113-6056f12a-efae-11e2-a799-ec5c9dace08a.jpg

Gombeau was coaching in Hong Kong

plague
05-05-2014, 04:48 PM
To be fair, they promised us an experienced coach. They just didn't say exactly what he was experienced at.

Pico
05-05-2014, 05:07 PM
Gombeau was coaching in Hong Kong

Precisely my point. He was coaching in a lesser league then the Thai premier league and yet he has still been a success in the HAL, or does the Hong Kong league now sit above the HAL and Thai Premier league & Gombau went backwards when he joined Adelaide.

I'm not saying Stubbins will be a raging success but should the bloke be completely written off because we didn't sign him directly from The EPL, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, La Liga etc.

People need to understand that HAL clubs are hardly going to be signing the top tier of coaches.

What I don't like is the club spoke about an experienced coach to be mentoring Zane, this looks about as promising as GVE mentoring Deans.

I'm also still trying to figure out why we had to rush a deadline & in the process eliminate a more experienced coach for a guy who has been available since march.

Thomas477
05-05-2014, 05:16 PM
Precisely my point. He was coaching in a lesser league then the Thai premier league and yet he has still been a success in the HAL, or does the Hong Kong league now sit above the HAL and Thai Premier league & Gombau went backwards when he joined Adelaide.

I'm not saying Stubbins will be a raging success but should the bloke be completely written off because we didn't sign him directly from The EPL, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, La Liga etc.

People need to understand that HAL clubs are hardly going to be signing the top tier of coaches.

What I don't like is the club spoke about an experienced coach to be mentoring Zane, this looks about as promising as GVE mentoring Deans.

I'm also still trying to figure out why we had to rush a deadline & in the process eliminate a more experienced coach for a guy who has been available since march.

I'll agree with the bolded, but gombau's pedigree of coaching at Barca is much more impressive than a journey assistant manager, which is what Stubbins has been.

And if I'm honest, the idea of him mentoring Zane is ludicrous and is my biggest issue with it. What can he teach Zane that anyone else couldn't have?

GazFish35
05-05-2014, 05:20 PM
you cant be suprised the club were talking out their arses?

MFKS
05-05-2014, 05:35 PM
Firstly stop sneering at the Thai League.

These blokes rolled Brisbane in the ACL and the Thai club gave Victree an almighty run in their qualifier this year. Sure it may not have the profile of J League K League Chinese SuperLeague etc but like our country it is a growing professional League that with population base will quickly take off quicker than ours one day.

Add in the fact the Thai team have given the Socceroos some tough games shows that as a footballing nation they ain't ****ing mugs

halo se7en
05-05-2014, 08:19 PM
I'll agree with the bolded, but gombau's pedigree of coaching at Barca is much more impressive than a journey assistant manager, which is what Stubbins has been.

And if I'm honest, the idea of him mentoring Zane is ludicrous and is my biggest issue with it. What can he teach Zane that anyone else couldn't have?

I don't give a **** about him mentoring Zane, I care about what Stubbins is going to do with the club over the next 2 seasons

la bazzle
05-05-2014, 08:58 PM
I don't give a **** about him mentoring Zane, I care about what Stubbins is going to do with the club over the next 2 seasons

This x 8million. Far out brussels sprout. If we make the 6 finally (semi-realistic goal) first thing I'll be asking is if Zane has developed as a manager.

leftrightout
05-05-2014, 09:08 PM
Im just glad we haven't recycled someone else's coach. Nice to see someone new honestly.

Tommyjet
05-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Im just glad we haven't recycled someone else's coach. Nice to see someone new honestly.

Yep me too. I think stubbins should of been given a shot before we got given gve back.

Pierre Essers
05-05-2014, 09:21 PM

So we sign a gaffer now to mentor an assistant so we will be in contention in 5 years time?!?!

Solid without being spectacular style of appointment...given budget and available options they have done alright all things considered.

stopper2
05-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Firstly stop sneering at the Thai League.

These blokes rolled Brisbane in the ACL and the Thai club gave Victree an almighty run in their qualifier this year. Sure it may not have the profile of J League K League Chinese SuperLeague etc but like our country it is a growing professional League that with population base will quickly take off quicker than ours one day.

Add in the fact the Thai team have given the Socceroos some tough games shows that as a footballing nation they ain't ****ing mugs
Well in Member.
we need to get rid of this ignorant and arrogant attitude that we have in this country that most Asian countries are football minnows. Didn't the Vietnamese teach our U/17's a footballing lesson a few months back, just as another example. Stubbins was assistant at Adelaide for a few years and as there are only 10 Head coaching positions available in the A-League he has had to go overseas to get that Head coach experience. Hopefully now with that experience in Thailand he is now ready to take on an A-League role with our club.

GazFish35
05-05-2014, 10:03 PM
Head coach experience in Thailand.

That could mean so much more than anything to do with football depending on which part of Bangkok he worked in.

Retro Jet
05-05-2014, 10:50 PM
:closed:
Move on....

Thomas477
05-05-2014, 11:49 PM
So we sign a gaffer now to mentor an assistant so we will be in contention in 5 years time?!?!

Solid without being spectacular style of appointment...given budget and available options they have done alright all things considered.

That is what Middleby said we were looking at, many times. Fact is, when Stubbins leaves, which hopefully he isn't and he's successful here, but if he does, we'll be left with Zane who our magnificent management as picked as our next coach after Phil, what positives will he leave, compared to someone like Arnie?

Jeterpool
06-05-2014, 06:38 AM
That is what Middleby said we were looking at, many times. Fact is, when Stubbins leaves, which hopefully he isn't and he's successful here, but if he does, we'll be left with Zane who our magnificent management as picked as our next coach after Phil, what positives will he leave, compared to someone like Arnie?

I guess nothing is set in stone. Things change and promises are broken all the time.

GazFish35
06-05-2014, 08:47 AM

"looking at" maybe they did look at it, realised they couldnt afford it and went elsewhere.

I cant really see anyone worth Zane learning from coming in on the cheap or being happy with the club saying "meet Clayton, we expect you to groom him to take over from you so we can sack you in a few years and give him the job"

if Rm said the club were "looking at" thats different to him saying "we will".

Pico
06-05-2014, 12:27 PM
It’s also worth noting that the club said the exact same thing about Deans, after he filled an interim position before GVE got here and look where that has lead for deans, overlooked for the interim position when GVE was sacked and out the door a little while longer.

If the club is about building a club philosophy and style that can be transitioned internally then they need to allow the head coach to pick his own assistants not dictate who they have to use. It’s not like that approach worked for the Aus national team when they insisted on the likes of Arnold or Vidmar & it’s not exactly worked that well in the HAL for the clubs who have tried to promote assistants.