PDA

View Full Version : Why Rugby League is crap

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

plague
27-01-2014, 10:28 PM
Many other sportsman have things written in their contracts that prohibit them from doing certain activities. Considering the club invests lots of time and money in these players Why can't they protect their investment by banning them from drinking during the season??

then they should be dictating what speed they drive, what air they breathe and what furniture they sit on.
FFS 99% of the population can handle their grog without it buggering up their profession. Go after the 1%. Leave us professional winos alone.

GazFish35
27-01-2014, 10:41 PM
Nah, they can do what they want, they are entertainers farkern. Nothing more, nothing less. You should be more concerned with your local rocket surgeon, brain scientist, teacher, pilot and bus driver having their performance affected by booze than your average footyhead.

But they aren't mere entertainers. They represent clubs, clubs people are part of. Be human by all means, get done for DUI in the off season, but when your body is needed to be at top condition to perform at your best for the club you represent stay off alcohol. Wenger own trophies at arsenal just by getting the first XI to stop drininkng.

plague
27-01-2014, 10:57 PM
But they aren't mere entertainers. They represent clubs, clubs people are part of. Be human by all means, get done for DUI in the off season, but when your body is needed to be at top condition to perform at your best for the club you represent stay off alcohol. Wenger own trophies at arsenal just by getting the first XI to stop drininkng.

Look, i dont wish to get into a slanging match, but professional sport is entertainment and the participants are entertainers. that they represent more to certain sections of society shouldnt bother the players. to a lot of pro sportsmen its just a job like the rest of us have. they dont give a toss as long as they are getting paid.
hence why i hate the fact they should be held to higher standards.

Also from the Arsenal files:

Ray Parlour: the English lads were drinking, the French smoking and Arsenal still won the Double
Former Arsenal greats Ray Parlour and Nigel Winterburn have told an online chat show about the extent of the drinking culture at the club and how it did not stop them from doing the Double

It may have taken him three days to admit, but Jack Wilshere has owned up to smoking a cigarette on a night out after Arsenal’s 2-0 victory over Napoli last week, but insists he is not a smoker.
“I spoke with the boss. He asked me what happened and we sorted it out."

“He put me in the team [against West Brom], and hopefully I repaid him."

GazFish35
27-01-2014, 11:19 PM
Who here is holding them to higher standards?
I'd expect anyone whose job is hindered by alcohol to not consume it.

plague
27-01-2014, 11:57 PM
Who here is holding them to higher standards?

Im assuming you are because you dont think sportspeople should drink.
My assumption is that Mason has to be at peak performance for kickoff in game one. Its currently their off season.
He was busted the morning after having a few drinks. A crime that will be dealt with by the appropriate authorities.
Do you think the teachers union would allow teachers to be tested every morning before school? Not a chance, but in my opinion they are a way more important part of the community than footy players.
But as stated, just my opinion.

front2
28-01-2014, 01:11 AM
My assumption is that Mason has to be at peak performance for kickoff in game one. Its currently their off season.
He was busted the morning after having a few drinks. A crime that will be dealt with by the appropriate authorities.
Do you think the teachers union would allow teachers to be tested every morning before school? Not a chance, but in my opinion they are a way more important part of the community than footy players.

Just depends if you get got or not ay!

sh10
28-01-2014, 01:55 PM
I concur with plague. Mason should be able to have a few on his days off, no worries. If he can't perform at training then he gets a kick up the bum

DUI however is a massive no-no and he should cop appropriate punishment. Wes Naiqama says hi

The Dunster
28-01-2014, 02:20 PM
In Masons defence you'd need to be shit faced drunk to play Rugby League let alone watch the shit.

GazFish35
28-01-2014, 10:41 PM

The report I read said he was being tested on his way to training... And blew 0.09, I think anyone on their way to work should be expected to be sober. Not holding sportsmen any higher than any other profession. drink in offseason, not the day before a training session.

He, like any professional should be doing his job sober. Part of his job is to have his body ready for his job, alcohol impedes this, so he shouldn't be drinking before training. Pretty simple.

As for teachers, if I got rbt'd on the way to work and blew 0.09 I'd expect to be severely reprimanded, and not expect an support from the federation.
If I was drinking on my day off and am not sober enough to drive to work the next day, then I'm not doing my job properly.
If I'm drinking and start planning lessons, then sober up and go to work to teach lessons prepared when drunk, I'm not doing my job properly either.

Whether he 'can perform' at training or not is irrelevant, if he's not preparing his body to best possible condition, he's not performing at the highest level he's capable of.

MFKS
28-01-2014, 10:54 PM
Well said GazFish.

The Knights pay him x amount of dollars a year to do a job and represent the Hunter to the best of his ability. Getting on the turps is actually compromising his ability to do what he gets paid for to the best of his ability.

Pretty certain a NRL player wouldn't be tolerated dining through the week at KFC then Maccas then Hungry Jacks then the local Fish and Chipper, then the Kebab shop, then having a fry up Saturday before getting a pizza on Sunday as his diet wouldn't be maximising his physical well being. Why is alcohol consumption any different???

plague
30-01-2014, 10:24 AM
The report I read said he was being tested on his way to training... And blew 0.09, I think anyone on their way to work should be expected to be sober.
Big difference between blowing a (reported) .09 the morning after vs not being 'sober'. This mistake is made by countless people every day from all walks of life.

As for teachers, if I got rbt'd on the way to work and blew 0.09 I'd expect to be severely reprimanded, and not expect an support from the federation.

Dont cunfuse the issue. No one on here is defending the DUI aspect of this. Everyone expects him to be punished in accordence with the law.

This is the quote I have a problem with. Alcohol affects everyone. So when doctors, teachers, judges etc give up the booze then by all means single out athletes. The fact that you have singled out athletes is exactly what I mean by higher standards. You lot may hold athletes up as some higher class but to me they are no more important that the other professions I have stated above. One rule for all I say.

As for you Member:

The Knights pay him x amount of dollars a year to do a job.
Guess what, we ALL get paid 'x amount of dollars to do a job'. Alcohol effects ALL of us, why single out athletes who enjoy a beer on their day off?

Pretty certain a NRL player wouldn't be tolerated dining through the week at KFC then Maccas then Hungry Jacks then the local Fish and Chipper, then the Kebab shop, then having a fry up Saturday before getting a pizza on Sunday as his diet wouldn't be maximising his physical well being. Why is alcohol consumption any different???
OK so what do you mean by this? Form all reports Mason had a few drinks the day before a training session, you are equating this to someone being on the turps 7 days a week. Thats a stupid analogy. So are you saying that eating junk food the day before training or a game is a bad thing and not maximising his physical well being?
Before you answer that google 'Usain Bolt and Chicken Nuggets' you may find it interesting.

The Dunster
30-01-2014, 10:49 AM
lol @ chicken nuggets. Next you will be telling us that it's possible to run 100m under ten seconds and not be on performance enhancing drugs.

plague
30-01-2014, 10:53 AM
lol @ chicken nuggets. Next you will be telling us that it's possible to run 100m under ten seconds and not be on performance enhancing drugs.

Hehehe

drugs or no drugs by the good Members' rationale if he ate proper food before his race he would have gone sub 7 sec!!!

Jetmaster
30-01-2014, 01:23 PM
Is Dillon pissed at HSG or what....

But judging by an interview printed yesterday in the Knights’ official newspaper, the Daily Telegraph, the veteran forward is not anticipating disciplinary measures from the powers that be.

Should you be allowed to drink when not on the job - sure, especially when it is holiday season.

The problem I have is that Mason admits to "drinking 10 beers" and several spirits during the day before...his duty of care is that as a professional he should know that alcohol remains in the blood stream for a set period, and know that you don't have to feel drunk to be over the limit. He should also know that if he gets caught, no matter how innocent, then his history will be held against him and he'll cop it.

NRL players continue to have huge chunks of social skills missing from their mindset.

plague
30-01-2014, 02:10 PM
I agree with you Jetmaster, except for that last bit.
I reckon it's a problem with society in general, not just yer footy heads.

GazFish35
30-01-2014, 08:08 PM
Big difference between blowing a (reported) .09 the morning after vs not being 'sober'. This mistake is made by countless people every day from all walks of life.

Huh? I'm thinking if anyone is blowing almost twice the legal limit, they're anywhere but sober and that anyone drinking that much that the next morning they are nearly twice the legal limit needs to know they just shouldn't get behind the wheel after such a drinking session.

Dont cunfuse the issue. No one on here is defending the DUI aspect of this. Everyone expects him to be punished in accordence with the law. not trying to confuse the issue, was trying to point out that if I as a teacher turned up to work drunk that I'd be in the shit.... Just like he should be, and that I would expect any help from anyone in dealing with the issue just like he shouldn't.

This is the quote I have a problem with. Alcohol affects everyone. So when doctors, teachers, judges etc give up the booze then by all means single out athletes. The fact that you have singled out athletes is exactly what I mean by higher standards. You lot may hold athletes up as some higher class but to me they are no more important that the other professions I have stated above. One rule for all I say.

Perhaps I wasn't clear then... I agree one rule for all, if your drinking impacts on your ability to perform your work, don't perform your duties while impacted by alcohol. Austronaught, bank teller, truck driver, labourer, professional athlete or tecaher. Not holding anyone higher than any other. I'm not saying don't drink at all, I'm saying don't drink at levels, or at times that impair your work.

Pro athletes job includes preparing the body, alcohol impedes this.

Superdylan
30-01-2014, 11:00 PM
Off the topic about willie mason

Everyone's thoughts on this auckland nines comp? I think its very fake the lack of defence will be a joke, some of the jerseys some teams are wearing are also embarrassing.

sh10
30-01-2014, 11:02 PM
The T20 of league. Doesn't interest me one bit and doesn't hang around long enough to persuade me to start caring. Should probs keep an eye on it for supercoach purposes but really cbf

Superdylan
31-01-2014, 06:26 PM
The T20 of league. Doesn't interest me one bit and doesn't hang around long enough to persuade me to start caring.

Yet so many nrl supporters are taking it serious

Auckland of all places is abit ridiculous tbh :sigh:

MFKS
31-01-2014, 06:47 PM
Yet so many nrl supporters are taking it serious

Auckland of all places is abit ridiculous tbh :sigh:

Probably coz they have nothing better to do.

Shit sport going nowhere.

What odds some club gets some bloke done for the season with an injury in it and then they start blowing up over the event being a two bit muck around and so and so's season is ruined coz of it??

Superdylan
31-01-2014, 07:37 PM
What odds some club gets some bloke done for the season with an injury in it and then they start blowing up over the event being a two bit muck around and so and so's season is ruined coz of it??

High chance mate

The Dunster
01-02-2014, 11:20 AM
Perhaps I wasn't clear then... I agree one rule for all, if your drinking impacts on your ability to perform your work, don't perform your duties while impacted by alcohol. Austronaught, bank teller, truck driver, labourer, professional athlete or tecaher. Not holding anyone higher than any other. I'm not saying don't drink at all, I'm saying don't drink at levels, or at times that impair your work.

http://ris.fashion.telegraph.co.uk/RichImageService.svc/imagecontent/1/TMG8186521/p/Keith-richards_1779933a.jpg

Some jobs require you to be drunk for maximum performance.

plague
01-02-2014, 12:14 PM
http://ris.fashion.telegraph.co.uk/RichImageService.svc/imagecontent/1/TMG8186521/p/Keith-richards_1779933a.jpg

Some jobs require you to be drunk for maximum performance.

Now THERES a bloke who should be running a sub 7 sec 100m.

Jetmaster
21-02-2014, 11:46 AM
Ahhh - latest on Free Willie....

WILLIE Mason told police that he had about 20 beers and gin and tonics during an 11-hour drinking session on Australia Day before he finished up at 11.30pm ready for training with the Knights the next morning, court documents revealed.
See your ad here

Mason did not attend Newcastle Local Court yesterday when a plea of guilty was entered on his behalf for mid-range drink-driving.

The front-rower was stopped for a random breath test at 7.05am on January 26 and police smelled alcohol on his breath, a statement of facts said.

Mason tested positive and was taken to Newcastle police station, where he gave a reading of 0.09, almost twice the legal limit. His licence was suspended and he will be sentenced on March 10.

The statement said Mason admitted to drinking 20 beers and gin and tonics between 12.30pm and 11.30pm on Australia Day. The drinking session ended at Newcastle nightspot the King Street Hotel.

Mason apologised via Twitter on the day of his arrest.

Before boarding the team bus yesterday for Tamworth, where the Knights will play a trial tomorrow against Canberra, he told NBN News that he regretted his actions.

‘‘I accept my wrongdoing and responsibility for it all,’’ he said. ‘‘That’s the law. I broke the law. Just deal with the consequences. I regret it.’’

He said the conviction was a ‘‘wake-up call’’.

‘‘A lot of people – not just rugby league players – have got in their car thinking they’re OK to drive.’’

Mason’s criminal record was tendered in court and included a conviction for offensive behaviour in 1999, which resulted in a $600 fine, and two driving offences in 2004.

His traffic record included 10 speeding offences and other minor infringements that resulted in fines and loss of demerit points.

Mason’s mishap continued a dismal pre-season for the Knights. Fellow prop Russell Packer is still in jail after he pleaded guilty to punching and stomping on the face of a man in Sydney in December.

Packer is appealing against the severity of the sentence.

Club official Ben Rogers is awaiting a hearing after pleading not guilty to assaulting two men outside Wests leagues club in September following a charity fund-raiser.

Forward Zane Tetevano was the subject of an AVO after police held concerns for the welfare of his girlfriend following an incident in December, but that order was revoked on the application of the girlfriend.

The Knights issued a statement yesterday in response to Mason’s conviction.

‘‘All our players are fully aware and understand their responsibilities and our expectations,’’ it said.

‘‘We continually educate our players on a wide range of social responsibilities and it is a priority to invest in these programs and workshops.’’

I don't know how it works but ABC said yesterday he is still on his P's !!!!

Every idiot knows 3 drinks in the first hour then 1 an hour after that puts you over the limit - anyway he has pleaded guilty.

Like how he says he's sorry then buggers off to play footy rather than front the court himself, probably thinks that will be enough to get him off.

And probably wrote himself off again.....

Grimario
21-02-2014, 05:26 PM
Breaking news: Ray Hadley beats his wife.

How is that even ****ing news? Seriously, the news that should be made is about the handful of rugby league meat heads who can count to 10.

GazFish35
28-02-2014, 02:38 PM
Oh when the saints!
Go punchin' on!
Oh when the saints!
Go punchin' on!
I wanna be, in a bar, midweek, in the gong.
When the saints go punchin' on.

Interesting to see how this one is defended.

We was provoked.
We was drunk.
We was not drunk.
He looked at my girlfriend.
He said "go sharkies"

belchardo
28-02-2014, 04:11 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2119283/knights-unveil-high-vis-mining-jersey/?cs=305

loving the hi-vis strip.

RedMexican
28-02-2014, 05:10 PM
Oh when the saints!
Go punchin' on!
Oh when the saints!
Go punchin' on!
I wanna be, in a bar, midweek, in the gong.
When the saints go punchin' on.

Interesting to see how this one is defended.

We was provoked.
We was drunk.
We was not drunk.
He looked at my girlfriend.
He said "go sharkies"

this is some of if not your best work mr fish.

GazFish35
28-02-2014, 05:32 PM
Forgot to ad...

Just boys being boys
And,
We was just lettin' off steam

q-money
28-02-2014, 09:04 PM
just letting off steam m8

GazFish35
28-02-2014, 09:13 PM
His dog was lickin my balls, and he had a problem with it.
What was I supposed to do? I had to ****in hit him. He called his dog off just as I was about get off.

northern_swan
28-02-2014, 09:23 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2119283/knights-unveil-high-vis-mining-jersey/?cs=305

loving the hi-vis strip.

Singularly the worst thing they have done in the last 25 years.

Absolute aids :blink:

Blackmac79
28-02-2014, 10:03 PM
****ing hate that people at work have started talking about this shit.

I work in an industry full of women too, it's like listening to those two racists from the Gold Coast all day long.

Superdylan
28-02-2014, 11:37 PM
Singularly the worst thing they have done in the last 25 years.

Absolute aids :blink:

Quite like their orange kit, very different. But that now means a woman in league jersey, indigenous jersey, miners jersey and the regular kits for this season, alot of jerseys IMO.

GazFish35
28-02-2014, 11:52 PM
Taking advantage of fans IMO.

Clubs are an asset for community, not the other way around.

Jetmaster
10-03-2014, 09:14 AM
Nice.....no matter what excuses the NRL can come up with. This would have been unthinkable 10 years ago.

The NRL is in danger of having its worst start to a season for a decade, with its average crowd figures for the opening round lower than the A-League’s this weekend.

Statistics on crowd figures from the opening round for the past 10 years show that total ground attendance and average crowds are on target to be the lowest in recent history.

Traditional rivals South Sydney and the Sydney Roosters drew fewer than 30,000 fans to ANZ Stadium on Thursday night while fewer than 20,000 were on hand to watch Brisbane fullback Ben Barba come up against his old club Canterbury on Friday night.

A crowd of close to 20,000 was at ANZ Stadium yesterday to watch St George Illawarra and Wests Tigers, but even that promising attendance failed to compensate for the disappointing patronage in round one, when seven of the eight games have been scheduled for Sydney.

In comparison, the A-League’s derby between Sydney FC and the Western Sydney had 40,285 fans pack into Allianz Stadium contributing to an average attendance of 16,870 per game across five games - with the NRL registering 16,753 after seven games.

The NRL was forced to play games in Sydney because some of its biggest drawing venues - Suncorp Stadium and Mt Smart Stadium among them - were unavailable.

As a result, heading into tonight’s final match of the round between Cronulla and Gold Coast at Remondis Stadium, the game has lost any hope of surpassing the aggregate total of 123,405 spectators who attended the opening round in 2003.

An NRL spokesman said yesterday that being forced to play seven games in Sydney had contributed to the poor attendances..

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/crowds-turn-away-from-nrl-openers/story-fnca0von-1226849725782#

MFKS
10-03-2014, 09:23 AM
Comparing it to the HAL is a bit iffy when you consider 3 games were played at home by the better drawing sides Jets Victory Roar and then you add in the Sydney derby boosts ours up big time. Add in the fact we are getting to the business end of the season helps us also.

Until we can get similar levels of coverage TV Radio Print etc and get a similar level of interest in the ENTIRE community we are still well behind them

Jetmaster
10-03-2014, 10:05 AM
Yes, but many can't seem to realise that the comparisons don't need to be about the present. Lets' look at what has happened and then think about where it might be in 10-20 years time.

Ask yourself if you thought any of this was possible in Australian club football 10 years ago....

Consistent crowds over 10,000
Regular crowds of 15-20,000
Club crowds of 40k (Sydney) and 50K (Melbourne) for regular season matches being achieved at least once
All clubs getting a full house at least once and sellouts becoming common
Jets, Mariners and Roar filling their stadia in NRL strongholds
Jets outdrawing the Knights at least once on the same weekend
A local derby too big for its current stadium
Club sides playing the best from Europe
The profile of the marquees and quality of many imports
Club sides in the ACL
All club games telecast live on pay tv and FTA
Increased profile and growing TV audience
Much younger demographic with potential for exponential growth

If you want to compare to the other codes right now I would say football has passed union and getting on par with the NRL in the next 10 years is achievable, particularly as the dinosaur demographic it has starts to die off. This is extremely noticeable here in Newcastle where the Knights built their following on the older brigade. The demographic of the current media is very much old school too. Still some way short of the unusual thing that is AFL.

You can spin stats any way you want but the game has grown and is moving forward in steps - you have to be a fool not to see this.

MFKS
10-03-2014, 12:11 PM
Yes, but many can't seem to realise that the comparisons don't need to be about the present. Lets' look at what has happened and then think about where it might be in 10-20 years time.

Ask yourself if you thought any of this was possible in Australian club football 10 years ago....

Consistent crowds over 10,000
Regular crowds of 15-20,000
Club crowds of 40k (Sydney) and 50K (Melbourne) for regular season matches being achieved at least once
All clubs getting a full house at least once and sellouts becoming common
Jets, Mariners and Roar filling their stadia in NRL strongholds
Jets outdrawing the Knights at least once on the same weekend
A local derby too big for its current stadium
Club sides playing the best from Europe
The profile of the marquees and quality of many imports
Club sides in the ACL
All club games telecast live on pay tv and FTA
Increased profile and growing TV audience
Much younger demographic with potential for exponential growth

If you want to compare to the other codes right now I would say football has passed union and getting on par with the NRL in the next 10 years is achievable, particularly as the dinosaur demographic it has starts to die off. This is extremely noticeable here in Newcastle where the Knights built their following on the older brigade. The demographic of the current media is very much old school too. Still some way short of the unusual thing that is AFL.

You can spin stats any way you want but the game has grown and is moving forward in steps - you have to be a fool not to see this.

I have been hearing the sleeping giant chestnut for the best part of 25 years.

Progress has been made. Where we have come in the last 10 years is amazing. Problem is now progress will be a slow effort.

NRL has a small turnout of paying spectators and large TV following

We have good spectator turn out but pretty low TV following

Add in there are a lot of people who take an interest in the NRL that don't necessarily sit down and watch every match on TV but are well and truly aware of what is going on. Wouldn't think that was the same for us. Most of our fans are pretty much right into it.

Don't expect miracles overnight

FFS Last week we played our final NT game before the WC Squad will be announced. Was the result/game/team dissected like it would have been in the other 31 nations going to Brazil?? **** no. The next days paper was running shit about dog molesters and wife beaters and how good it is to have foody back. FFS priorities are still out of whack. TV was its usual silent medium on all things for our NT.

Have a look at the players in the HAL and the recognition they get in the wider community.

Show a photo of Taggart the HAL Leading Goal Scorer and a bolter for the WC Squad to 1000 people (outside of Newy) and you would be lucky to find a dozen who would know who it was. Show the same people a photo of Billy Slater and you would be lucky to find a dozen who don't know who it is.

There is a long long long long way to go

Superdylan
10-03-2014, 01:32 PM
Yep it's a big concern, but I'll still follow the knights heaps.

I think alot has to do with the atmosphere at nrl games and the stupidity of not promoting said fan culture. Sure you have origin and that's a good example where fan culture rivalry has really been pushed except the atmosphere at origin is nothing like would a football game would be there with 80,000 fans there especially a Sydney derby.

A majority of fans want to go to games for the atmosphere and lifting the team. How many people did we used to take to away games in season one compared to now? Can honestly say jets games would not be the same without the active support.

GazFish35
10-03-2014, 02:19 PM
dont forget sokkah get ISC to make their shirts now too.

De-Champ
10-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Just for the record MFKS not many people know who Billy Slater is in Melbourne.

hawk
10-03-2014, 07:20 PM
Nice.....no matter what excuses the NRL can come up with. This would have been unthinkable 10 years ago.

there are many chest puffers that big noted in the day and are now silent these days. they can continue to go fkemselves.

Premy
11-03-2014, 11:31 AM
There was some ex meat head on Triple J's Hack program yesterday Ian Roberts or something didn't quite catch his last name. He was going on about how he got concussion at least 10-12 times in his career and now he has slight brain damage and memory loss. He just wanted to bring awareness to the problem so kids and there coaches know the risk.

I know the NRL just think this is a storm in a teapot, but I think it could potentially cripple the game.
Thoughts?

Bon
11-03-2014, 11:36 AM
Don't the meat-heads need to have a brain, before they can suffer brain damage?? :grin:

Blackmac79
11-03-2014, 11:43 AM
There was some ex meat head on Triple J's Hack program yesterday Ian Roberts or something didn't quite catch his last name. He was going on about how he got concussion at least 10-12 times in his career and now he has slight brain damage and memory loss. He just wanted to bring awareness to the problem so kids and there coaches know the risk.

I know the NRL just think this is a storm in a teapot, but I think it could potentially cripple the game.
Thoughts?

Should bring in a rule saying every player must wear headgear.

Premy
11-03-2014, 11:50 AM
Should bring in a rule saying every player must wear headgear.
A expert in the field of head injuries said it wouldn't do anything. The head gear they use now is useful when it comes to preventing fractures, only the hard helmets like in NFL can prevent concussion but the hard helmets give players a false sense of security and players the lead into tackles with there head.

Blackmac79
11-03-2014, 12:07 PM
A expert in the field of head injuries said it wouldn't do anything. The head gear they use now is useful when it comes to preventing fractures, only the hard helmets like in NFL can prevent concussion but the hard helmets give players a false sense of security and players the lead into tackles with there head.

I should have made it clear with an emoticon that I wasn't being serious. It's like a car accident. Your wraped in a hard metal case but your insides will still be liquid. Same thing happens to the brain. Those little padded helmets do nothing.

GazFish35
11-03-2014, 12:47 PM
I did my level1 Rudy league sports trainers a few weeks ago.

The intentions of the league are for players suspected of concussion at any level are to removed from the field, have an automatic week off and not play till medical clearance is obtained.

They all freely admitted though that this never happens

plague
11-03-2014, 01:47 PM
Have a look at what's happening in the NFL right now in regards to concussion and CTE lawsuits.
There's a massive class action from former players.
This is inevitably what will happen in rugby league. Their half assed new concussion guidelines won't work and it's showing that they aren't taking this stuff seriously.

As for crowds it's quite simple, the NRL is adopting the AFL model of scrapping suburban grounds. The only problem is that worked in Melbourne (after much tut tutting) but Sydney is a shithole and trying to get yer bogans from Northern Beaches, The Shire etc to SFS or Homebush is a lost cause.
Sydney just isn't setup that way.
They either stick with it and suffer the consequences for a few years until habits change or scrap it and go back to the GOOD OLD DAYS FOOOOOOTTTTTYYYYY!!!

pv4
11-03-2014, 02:10 PM
Fxxx me, League fans never cease to amaze me.

Was in the bakery before, and had a funny little story happen. A league fan (I could tell he was a league fan because he had a fluro work singlet on, double pluggers, and boardies with a big giant Knights logo on them) walked in and this played out:

League Fan to counter girl - ey love, don't wanna buy nuffin but can you put me lunch in the microwave for us?
Counter girl - um, ok, how long for?
Leaguey - let's go 2 minutes 60.
Counter girl - um, so 3 minutes?
Leaguey - nah, not that long. But go 2minutes 80, just to be safe.

q-money
11-03-2014, 02:35 PM
lol

Jetmaster
11-03-2014, 03:20 PM
I see valid points but for those of us that watched NSL games in the 70's between JUST and Hakoah with a crowd of 300 the current climate is eye opening and just wouldn't be believed back then.

We will have peaks and troughs but we are indeed moving forward.

russjaybee
11-03-2014, 04:39 PM
Really pv4? No embellishment on the story m8?

pv4
11-03-2014, 04:45 PM
Really pv4? No embellishment on the story m8?

:rof: word for word mate

Bremsstrahlung
12-03-2014, 12:50 PM
Bryan (brian?) Fletcher talking about concussion. How he ran 3 red lights one day post concussion.
Opens the door for a whole range of possible excuses.

"Mate, i thort the pot plant was a toilet. Must've been concussed."

q-money
12-03-2014, 12:52 PM
didn't hayden foxe piss all over the bar at a nightclub once?

The Dunster
12-03-2014, 01:06 PM
didn't hayden foxe piss all over the bar at a nightclub once?

I'd never eat one of his pizzas.

Premy
14-03-2014, 11:29 AM
http://m.foxsports.com.au/nrl/the-ian-roberts-interview-made-me-feel-embarrassed-and-ashamed-about-my-prehistoric-views-says-matthew-johns/story-fnlt03ir-1226854212408
Matthew Johns take on the concussion Issue

Superdylan
14-03-2014, 12:16 PM
Souths vs manly play at bluetongue stadium tonight. Hopefully the pitch isn't too wrecked for tomorrow.

Bon
14-03-2014, 12:44 PM
Souths vs manly play at bluetongue stadium tonight. Hopefully the pitch isn't too wrecked for tomorrow.

This could be our puddle or concert to give us the extra edge for tomorrow night..

Pico
14-03-2014, 01:39 PM
It'll still probably be better than our home ground pitch, unless you ask Hunter Venues or NSW Venues which would insist there is nothing wrong with our fine international standard pitch.

#Thepuddle #Thesandpit

militiamon
14-03-2014, 03:19 PM
Fxxx me, League fans never cease to amaze me.

Was in the bakery before, and had a funny little story happen. A league fan (I could tell he was a league fan because he had a fluro work singlet on, double pluggers, and boardies with a big giant Knights logo on them) walked in and this played out:

League Fan to counter girl - ey love, don't wanna buy nuffin but can you put me lunch in the microwave for us?
Counter girl - um, ok, how long for?
Leaguey - let's go 2 minutes 60.
Counter girl - um, so 3 minutes?
Leaguey - nah, not that long. But go 2minutes 80, just to be safe.

I missed this, hahaha

Can you confirm that this incident took place at the Rathies bakery?

hawk
15-03-2014, 11:25 PM

eggball wouldnt give a sh1t. Glad you do SD

Superdylan
16-03-2014, 02:30 PM
eggball wouldnt give a sh1t. Glad you do SD

Yeah there are some higher ups in the nrl that only think about themselves.

Classic example was Ray Hadley commenting on Friday night that the broncos should always host round one at suncorp and kinda showed the a-league disrespect in terms of scheduling.

Jeterpool
17-03-2014, 01:15 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2154095/bank-guarantee-doubt-clouds-knights-ownership/?cs=303

hawk
25-03-2014, 10:51 PM
The rugby league world was united in support for Alex McKinnon after confirmation the young Newcastle forward’s career had been ended by a spinal injury suffered in a tackle the NRL match review committee found too difficult to grade, referring it to a judiciary hearing

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/we-just-have-to-hope-for-the-best-for-him-alex-mckinnons-rugby-league-career-over-following-sickening-neck-injury-20140325-35gkb.html#ixzz2x2bBHUxC

stupid fks. Promote a game that smashes each other then when it goes all wrong become very concerned. stupid stupid fks. end the season.

Premy
25-03-2014, 10:58 PM
Tinks has 2hrs to come up with the cash before he loses the knoughts.

sammydog
25-03-2014, 11:30 PM

So, when he loses them will he;

- Ditch us ASAP,
- Sell off every asset we have, then ditch us,
- **** over the knights by making sure we become bigger then them?

plague
25-03-2014, 11:43 PM

Meanwhile, in Singapore
http://images.smh.com.au/2010/04/02/1285587/420-nathan-tinkler-420x0.jpg

All good, he has until 31/3 to come up with the bank guarantee. The deadline today was the usual troublemakers changing the rules as they go.
Tinks don't play that way.
Besides, their idea of a plan b is too busy explaining himself to ICAC to fix the Knights at the moment.

MFKS
26-03-2014, 11:35 AM
You sure have to wonder about these blokes running the Knights Members trust thing.

Spent the last week or two hammering on in the media about Tinks and taking back the club from him.

Considering Tinks is notorious for 11th hour saves what's the issue any deal hasn't been done by now??

The motivations of these people are rather poor. Can easily make moves behind the scenes on the Quiet to be prepared for the worst. Not these people who seem to have some great desire to hammer HSG/Tinks in the media despite at this stage him not actually having breached any part of the deal or actually gone against his claims,

Poor buggers are so desperate to get their hands on the 10million bank guarantee greed has taken over.
Hope that if Tinks does bail on them the debts he have are that bad the bank guarantee is swallowed up and they get nothing

plague
26-03-2014, 12:00 PM
You sure have to wonder about these blokes running the Knights Members trust thing.

Spent the last week or two hammering on in the media about Tinks and taking back the club from him.

Considering Tinks is notorious for 11th hour saves what's the issue any deal hasn't been done by now??

The motivations of these people are rather poor. Can easily make moves behind the scenes on the Quiet to be prepared for the worst. Not these people who seem to have some great desire to hammer HSG/Tinks in the media despite at this stage him not actually having breached any part of the deal or actually gone against his claims,

Poor buggers are so desperate to get their hands on the 10million bank guarantee greed has taken over.
Hope that if Tinks does bail on them the debts he have are that bad the bank guarantee is swallowed up and they get nothing

Nah, Tinks has wiped all the debts (approx $8m). If he lets the deadline lapse he forfeits the club but not the $10m.
The Members get the club back but no capital and remember these are the same bunch of crooks and idiots that got them into trouble in the first place.
Agree though, poking the bear is never a good idea, especially a bear who has proven time after time to give exactly zero ****s what people think of him.

As stated elsewhere, the Jets are at least something HSG can sell so I can't see him giving up on us as easily.

Honestly I hope he does **** the Knights over and let them fend for themselves.

WolfMan
26-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Perhaps then we could bring back the gold?

Premy
26-03-2014, 12:51 PM
I work just next to Knoughts HQ and Lara Pitt and the Fox Sports crew have been hanging around all day could just be a coincidence or they could be here about the whole Alex McKinnon situation.
P.S Lara Pitt is a babe

MFKS
26-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Nah, Tinks has wiped all the debts (approx $8m). If he lets the deadline lapse he forfeits the club but not the $10m.
The Members get the club back but no capital and remember these are the same bunch of crooks and idiots that got them into trouble in the first place.
Agree though, poking the bear is never a good idea, especially a bear who has proven time after time to give exactly zero ****s what people think of him.

As stated elsewhere, the Jets are at least something HSG can sell so I can't see him giving up on us as easily.

Honestly I hope he does **** the Knights over and let them fend for themselves.

I think you will find if this deadline by the end of March lapses not only does he forfeit the Knoughts for $1 but his 10 million in the bank guarantee is also able to be claimed by the new buyer ie the Members Club of the Knoughts.

Be interesting to see though if this eventuates whether they actually get it.

You never know how much money he owes the Bank in question, ATO etc who may nip in and claim it before the Knoughts Supporters get it and also by Commonwealth Law may be more entitled to it than the Knoughts

Pico
26-03-2014, 03:04 PM
The members club will get exactly what was allowed for in the guarantee. This guarantee is not linked to Tinklers assets nor is it some pile of Tinks cash in some Westpac account somewhere. This is a liability that the bank has assumed on behalf of Tinkler, usually after assessing if he has the capacity to meet his debts. They would be charging him for the privilege of them issuing the guarantee, the ATO can’t just come and take the $10m of westpacs money and claim it was Tinklers cash, it’s the very reason it is the safety net for a private run club with a potentially volatile owner.

The members club has done everything they should be doing imo, they have not taken his cash, they haven’t shifted the goalposts, well they did they gave Tinks an interim 2 month deal to help save some cash which is what is running out now. All they have done is initiate the process required by the bank in the even that nothing materialises prior to the cut off point for the existing guarantee.

I’d be more concerned that the jets don’t have a similar sort of deal, should HSG be sparing on things like taxes or super, once the deal is done for the members to take over the knights, HSG would still be liable for these sorts of shortfalls under their reign. This could have bigger implications on the jets after the knights run away now debt free, $10m in the bank and the possible feel good PR story for sponsors to jump on board and help restore/rescue the knights. For example will aurizon really stick with the jets after the knights run away, same for Nib, Klosters, ISC (hooray) etc. At what levels would they we willing to stay, now that HSG can’t offer the year round sponsor arrangements which was one of their selling points.

MFKS
26-03-2014, 03:13 PM
What worries are their as a Jets fan if Tinks goes under??

We then get to be the bastard child of the FFA until they can sell us off. May mean we get some decent refereeing calls some competent admin and we can apparently rip flares for a long time without sanction

They will be stuck dealing with us as they are forced to have 10 teams due to their TV deal they are tied to.

That being said in light of Tinks ongoing financial issues in the last 12 months or so I would be surprised if the FFA aren't prepared for the event already having sourced possible new owners

De-Champ
26-03-2014, 03:26 PM
The members club will get exactly what was allowed for in the guarantee. This guarantee is not linked to Tinklers assets nor is it some pile of Tinks cash in some Westpac account somewhere. This is a liability that the bank has assumed on behalf of Tinkler, usually after assessing if he has the capacity to meet his debts. They would be charging him for the privilege of them issuing the guarantee, the ATO can’t just come and take the $10m of westpacs money and claim it was Tinklers cash, it’s the very reason it is the safety net for a private run club with a potentially volatile owner.

The members club has done everything they should be doing imo, they have not taken his cash, they haven’t shifted the goalposts, well they did they gave Tinks an interim 2 month deal to help save some cash which is what is running out now. All they have done is initiate the process required by the bank in the even that nothing materialises prior to the cut off point for the existing guarantee.

I’d be more concerned that the jets don’t have a similar sort of deal, should HSG be sparing on things like taxes or super, once the deal is done for the members to take over the knights, HSG would still be liable for these sorts of shortfalls under their reign. This could have bigger implications on the jets after the knights run away now debt free, $10m in the bank and the possible feel good PR story for sponsors to jump on board and help restore/rescue the knights. For example will aurizon really stick with the jets after the knights run away, same for Nib, Klosters, ISC (hooray) etc. At what levels would they we willing to stay, now that HSG can’t offer the year round sponsor arrangements which was one of their selling points.
Its not a liability. It is cash to the value of $10m (plus interest) sitting in the bank as a guarantee. In relaity it is a bank cheque (piece of paper with $10M on it)

Pico
26-03-2014, 04:16 PM
Its not a liability. It is cash to the value of $10m (plus interest) sitting in the bank as a guarantee. In relaity it is a bank cheque (piece of paper with $10M on it)

Unless I'm mistaken it's a liability to Westpac and whoever the other lender is. They take responsibility for the debt to the third party should their client, Tinks, HSG or the tooth fairy, fails to meet their obligations to that third party. Westpac should have taken on board that liability by doing their due diligence on whether Tinkler had the capacity to service the set terms.

As for the FFA taking us in, talk to the fury about how well that worked out for them. Nothing stopping Tinkler from selling off our talent pocketing the transfer fees and then strangling the club financially until the FFA take his license away, but then I'm not exactly sure how that's meant to be a good thing for the clubs fans.

MFKS
26-03-2014, 04:35 PM
Unless I'm mistaken it's a liability to Westpac and whoever the other lender is. They take responsibility for the debt to the third party should their client, Tinks, HSG or the tooth fairy, fails to meet their obligations to that third party. Westpac should have taken on board that liability by doing their due diligence on whether Tinkler had the capacity to service the set terms.

As for the FFA taking us in, talk to the fury about how well that worked out for them. Nothing stopping Tinkler from selling off our talent pocketing the transfer fees and then strangling the club financially until the FFA take his license away, but then I'm not exactly sure how that's meant to be a good thing for the clubs fans.

What happened with the Fury is irrelevant.

We have a fan base we have juniors we have interest in our club. They had none of this and the FFA were the ones who pulled the pin on this club as it was never gonna be fixed short term.

The only thing we lack is financial resources and most of that is down to being a smaller city than the rest of the HAL Clubs bar the Coast.

Our issues can be fixed short term with the right investment mix

De-Champ
26-03-2014, 05:41 PM

No... No liability. How can it be a liability. There is a guarantee - an amount of cash- deposited into a bank account - that sits there. If a certain event happens it triggers an action to be taken. In short the knights members have access to the cash if it is not renewed bby the due date. No liability to Westpac. There is no lending... The media reported it as a third party (which is the greater building society) in effect Tinkler has obtained money from the greater to add to the guarantee, ie interest on it.

Premy
26-03-2014, 06:11 PM
Should be something on Fox Sports News soon, after trying to find out for awhile why Fox have been hanging around and getting several different stories from knoughts staff. Gidley has just finished a interview with Lara and there has been suits in and out all day. No sign of Tinks or Palmer but

MFKS
27-03-2014, 09:18 AM
NATHAN Tinkler edged closer yesterday to defaulting on his commitments as Newcastle Knights owner but has not given up hope of retaining control of the club.

Tinkler has until close of business on Monday to secure a $10.52million replacement bank guarantee, a key component in the terms and conditions of his 2011 takeover.

But the latest twist in negotiations suggests this may not happen, which would entitle the Knights Members Club to start the process of buying back the club for $1 from the struggling tycoon.

The next step towards that outcome will occur today, when members club chairman Nick Dan accesses the existing bank guarantee, which expires on Monday, and collects cheques of $10.3million from Westpac and $220,000 from the Greater Newcastle Building Society.

Those cheques will be deposited in a joint-signatory account, accessible only when HSG and the members club concur.

In the meantime, Knights chairman Paul Harragon and CEO Matt Gidley have held last-ditch negotiations with the members club and the NRL in an effort to create a new ‘‘unified’’ business structure.

How this can be achieved remains to be seen, but if a new bank guarantee is not in place by 5pm on Monday, Tinkler will have reneged on his obligations and the members club will have the upper hand in any negotiations.

It would then appear HSG would need to produce an extraordinary proposal to persuade the members club not to activate the process of buying the club back for $1.

Alternatively, the NRL could step in to broker a ‘‘restructure’’ of the Knights at management level, as the governing body has done this month with Wests Tigers.

‘‘HSG has been in fruitful discussion with the NRL to identify a unified business model to ensure the long-term future of the Knights.’’ - KNIGHTS STATEMENT

But it is understood the NRL would be reluctant to override the rights of the members, as agreed when Tinkler privatised the Knights on March 31, 2011.

In a statement issued last night, the Knights said HSG had ‘‘allowed’’ the current bank guarantee to be transferred into a joint-signatory bank account.

‘‘HSG has been in fruitful discussion with the NRL over a period of time to identify a unified business model to ensure the long-term future of the Knights,’’ the club said.

‘‘This guarantee has been placed in a secure bank account with joint signatories being HSG and the members club while negotiations between the members club, the Knights and the NRL continue. The current ownership model and management team will remain in place throughout the duration of these discussions.

‘‘No further comment will be provided by any parties involved during this period of negotiation.’’

In a list of ‘‘key points’’, the statement added that the Knights, members club and NRL would ‘‘undertake negotiation to identify a new model moving forward’’ and HSG remains committed to contributing and supporting the Knights ‘‘into the future’’.

The statement made no mention of whether HSG could raise a replacement bank guarantee, valid for the next 12 months, by Monday.

HSG has repeatedly assured fans that a replacement guarantee would be in place by the due date.

HSG chief executive Troy Palmer told the Herald last night that it would be ‘‘wrong’’ to suggest HSG had conceded the surety would not be in place by Monday.

When asked why there was no mention of a replacement bank guarantee in last night’s statement, he replied: ‘‘There will be no further comment from either party.’’

Dan was also reluctant to comment, other than to confirm he hoped to collect $10.52million in cheques today after allowing ‘‘the bank and building society to dot their i’s and cross their t’s.’’

‘‘Fruitful discussions took place today with the HSG representatives,’’ Dan said.

‘‘Basically the all-clear was given for the financial institutions to release the monies held in the guarantees.’’

The bank guarantee was the ‘‘safety net’’ that underpinned Tinkler’s takeover bid.

It was initially valued at $20million for two years then $10million, plus inflation, for the next eight years.

A bank guarantee worth $10.3million expired on January 31, when it was expected to be replaced by one worth $10.52million for the next 12 months.

Instead, HSG negotiated a two-month interim extension, on the premise that this would save $500,000 in bank fees.

HSG promised to have a new guarantee, valid until January 31, 2015, in place by March 31.

Interesting whats going on with this change of model thing they are after??

I am confused?? They already have 100% control so why the need for change??

Maybe Tinks is trying to get rid of the bank guarantee in future from the equation??

Wouldn't put it past HSG with their history to use the situation for a bit of extortion to get more favourable outcomes for themselves

Pico
27-03-2014, 11:42 AM
It’s over, HSG will be down to one club very shortly. Nick Dan is not an idiot, he called a spade a spade when he was on the Knights advisory board (how’s that going, looks like it went the same way as the jets board) and they sacked him quick smart, silly Palmer and co should have had the sense to wait until the members club elections were completed before they did that, now they have someone who knows intimately how they operate.

You’ve got to love the pathetic attempt at PR spin from HSG, they “agreed to allow” the guarantee to be placed into the joint account, yeah it was all down to the grace of HSG, had nothing to do with the terms of the contract they signed when the club was privatised. Do these blokes really believe the shit they spread.

Going to be interesting times ahead, how long will tinks push on with the jets license, will the FFA step in or do they already have a plan B, how many of these new found sponsors will stick with the jets now there will be no HSG year round coverage, Will Bennett take over from Zane now that his HSG contact won’t allow him to coach the knights.

We may not win things in Newcastle, hell we are borderline competitive these days in sport, but we know how to entertain off the pitch.

plague
27-03-2014, 12:30 PM
De-champ, Pico is right.
A bank guarantee is like an insurance policy.
HSG pay a fee to the bank that if in the event of them defaulting on their commitments the bank pays out the $10m then goes after HSG for compensation.
Once the bank guarantee expires (31/3) the bank is off the hook and will not pay out anything, nor will Tinkler be liable to the bank. There is not $10m of HSG money sitting in a bank account. Members are going after that guarantee now as they know after 31/3 they will be left with nowt.
I have used bank guarantees in the past mostly for rental bonds on commercial properties, trust me, this is how they work.

plague
27-03-2014, 12:35 PM
Ok, after reading the press release it says that the Members have executed that bank guarantee, so now there technically is $10m (of Westpacs) money sitting in an account.

Edit 2: RUH ROH, looks like it hasn't been paid out yet with the bank yet to sign off. Can't imagine they would be keen to speed up the process. Can see everyone at Westpac and HSG coming down with the bird flu and having a doctors note to stay off work til Tuesday.

Tough spot as well, you can't imagine either side (Members and HSG) would have much coin to drag it through the courts either.

Pico
27-03-2014, 12:55 PM
I can only speak of my experiences with Construction industry BG’s, who knows they could actually have all their assets tied up in some account, but then really what would be the issue with having it roll over each year. From my experience BG’s would basically be used when a large client would require a guarantee that a construction firm has the capacity to complete the work. The firm would then go to their lender for a guarantee, the lender knowing the types of assets, revenue, basically their capacity to complete the work and meet the required terms, would then choose whether to agree to take on the liability on behalf of the firm to the benefit of the third party. Usually this involves the construction firm paying establishment fees plus a % based off the requested BG value to the bank to get the BG approved.

The fact Westpac is laying claim to Tinkler’s last remaining property assets, makes me think they believe he will fail to meet his obligations and they are anticipating the members club calling in the guarantee.

The Dunster
27-03-2014, 12:59 PM
We may not win things in Newcastle, hell we are borderline competitive these days in sport, but we know how to entertain off the pitch.

tiki-taka administration.

De-Champ
27-03-2014, 05:26 PM
De-champ, Pico is right.
A bank guarantee is like an insurance policy.
HSG pay a fee to the bank that if in the event of them defaulting on their commitments the bank pays out the $10m then goes after HSG for compensation.
Once the bank guarantee expires (31/3) the bank is off the hook and will not pay out anything, nor will Tinkler be liable to the bank. There is not $10m of HSG money sitting in a bank account. Members are going after that guarantee now as they know after 31/3 they will be left with nowt.
I have used bank guarantees in the past mostly for rental bonds on commercial properties, trust me, this is how they work.
The bank guarantee has to be secured by either cash or property. By property is meant not just real estate but shares etc. So in effect the bank has no liability, as if HSG defaults the bank pays the $10m, but the bank then takes the security that was given, whether it be cash or property. BTW the bank will charge a fee for this as well, so either way the bank can't lose out.

plague
27-03-2014, 06:17 PM
The bank guarantee has to be secured by either cash or property. By property is meant not just real estate but shares etc. So in effect the bank has no liability, as if HSG defaults the bank pays the $10m, but the bank then takes the security that was given, whether it be cash or property. BTW the bank will charge a fee for this as well, so either way the bank can't lose out.

Yeah thats what I said.

Premy
31-03-2014, 06:16 PM
Just had one of the Knights staff come up and tell me no deal had been made, told me he might not be in tomorrow (jokingly but)

Premy
31-03-2014, 06:36 PM
Cameras all set up here ready for something. Announcement to come soon I would imagine

hawk
09-04-2014, 09:31 PM
Newcastle Knights official Ben Rogers maintains he was defending himself and his partner outside a club, Newcastle Local Court heard yesterday.
defends himself by throwing the first dogshot punch. grubs doing what they do best

militiamon
23-04-2014, 11:56 PM
Knights fans - is this legit or what?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/10273839_10154089124405245_4720562089368950329_n.j pg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/10268720_10154089124275245_4923191268821657602_n.j pg

:rof: :rof: :rof:

:blush:

:rof:

parksey
24-04-2014, 12:07 AM
i love it

GazFish35
24-04-2014, 12:51 AM
Old news militiamon! Announced back in feb.

I took my broncos living brother in law to the game on Friday and saw afew.
Looked hideous, but nice gesture.

militiamon
24-04-2014, 01:15 AM

I actually reckon this is the greatest thing ever :rof:

militiamon
24-04-2014, 01:16 AM
So pleased to live in this world :rof:

hawk
24-04-2014, 09:46 AM
Old news militiamon! Announced back in feb.
I took my broncos living brother in law to the game on Friday and saw afew.
Looked hideous, but nice gesture.

age has nothin to do with it. it must be reported. flouro/fifo gam > bogan is as bogan does > bunch of forrest's > going to get my club

pv4
24-04-2014, 10:01 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/10273839_10154089124405245_4720562089368950329_n.j pg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/10268720_10154089124275245_4923191268821657602_n.j pg

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2727748211/c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

Do the sleeve tats come with the kit?

Superdylan
24-04-2014, 11:55 AM
I don't mind it aslong as it isn't worn against the wests tigers since they have very similar colours.

But I don't see the point in buying a jersey that is worn only 2 times (rarely wear my knights jersey outside of games).

GazFish35
24-04-2014, 04:27 PM
It's the shorts I find the strangest.
Big willie in plaid!

Superdylan
24-04-2014, 05:05 PM
Knights fans - is this legit or what?

:rof: :rof: :rof:

:blush:

Lol did you get this off the mighty Newcastle knights Facebook fan page miltia?

The Dunster
26-04-2014, 06:28 PM
It looks more like a uniform offered to casuals by a labour hire company.

Would look the goods on a construction site.

Blackmac79
29-04-2014, 06:46 PM
wasn't it chosen so tinks could save on uniform costs for his mine workers?

hawk
02-05-2014, 09:18 PM
wasn't it chosen so tinks could save on uniform costs for his mine workers?

or to save on bribes for libs votes?

hawk
02-05-2014, 10:43 PM
did i see sooper dyl representing Jets at the aussie test match?

Superdylan
03-05-2014, 11:20 AM
did i see sooper dyl representing Jets at the aussie test match?

Sure was hawk, was in the Australian home end/roo crew. You go down to the test match aswell?

Superdylan
03-05-2014, 11:22 AM
Actually ended up being a decent game, the kiwis really muscled up in defense. Expected us to smash them but it was a tight contest for most of the game. 30-18 Australia won in the end.

Premy
03-05-2014, 12:15 PM
Australian home end/roo crew:roflz: these blokes serious.

Jetmaster
03-05-2014, 04:00 PM
Oi - the title of this thread is "rugby league is crap", so no praise please.

The titanic clash that had to bribe and harangue fans all week to go to the game, and still only got 25,000.

GazFish35
03-05-2014, 05:14 PM
Two of the world top 3 teams playing in Sydney only gets 25k.

If Spain played Holland in Kurri they'd get more than that.

Blackmac79
03-05-2014, 07:50 PM
More than 3 countries play this garbage?

Superdylan
03-05-2014, 08:07 PM
:roflz: these blokes serious.

Wasn't too bad for a rugby league crowd better then the home end at the 20/20 cricket, Having that I didn't buy one of those roo crew t shirts alot were wearing.

GazFish35
03-05-2014, 08:16 PM

There's lots of islands in the pacific.

Jetmaster
04-05-2014, 08:19 PM
Wasn't too bad for a rugby league crowd better then the home end at the 20/20 cricket, Having that I didn't buy one of those roo crew t shirts alot were wearing.

No...it IS a bad crowd. The prime international of the year.

RL is NRL and thats it.

Superdylan
04-05-2014, 10:46 PM
No...it IS a bad crowd. The prime international of the year.

RL is NRL and thats it.

I thought the crowd would be around 25,000 unfortunately due to Australia having so much dominance over the last couple of years people have somewhat lost interest in attending test matches as it has often been a large win by Australia and pretty much a certain win. I myself thought we would win comfortably so I'm actually glad new Zealand made us work hard, made it a good game. Having said that had the game been played in Newcastle no doubt we would have packed out hunter stadium on Friday night.

Jetmaster
05-05-2014, 08:52 AM
Yes but so would the Socceroos and Wallabies, even if they played lower tier nations.

International rugby league died with the emergence of SOO and Superleague.

pv4
05-05-2014, 09:59 AM

:rof: I'll never forget getting into an argument with a guy who is obsessed with League a few years ago. I said the Rugby League World Cup was a farce as you could count the amount of teams competing in it on two hands only.

He then replied with:

"that's bullshit, m8. You've got (used fingers to count each team):
1. Australia
2. New Zealand
3. England
4. Fiji
5. American Western New Caledonian....
6. A heap of other shitty islands that would go to at least 12"

hawk
05-05-2014, 11:15 AM
:rof: I'll never forget getting into an argument with a guy who is obsessed with League a few years ago. I said the Rugby League World Cup was a farce as you could count the amount of teams competing in it on two hands only.

He then replied with:

1. Australia
2. New Zealand
3. England
4. Fiji

and then theres the "aussie" nrl players who hop into a country through a distant ancestor, Ital, dutch to get another one in. Its another nrl in different colours

parksey
05-05-2014, 03:39 PM

He then replied with:

1. Australia
2. New Zealand
3. England
4. Fiji

italy
usa
canada
france
ireland
png

pv4
05-05-2014, 03:47 PM
italy
usa
canada
france
ireland
png

So if we disregard American Western New Caledonian, as I have my doubts over whether that is an actual country :rof: , if I add Aus, NZ, England & Fiji to your list I get 10 teams - two hands worth, with a legitimate count :rof:

pessimist
05-05-2014, 09:49 PM
italy
usa
canada
france
ireland
png

cant even play

Blackmac79
07-05-2014, 08:41 AM
Why was that guy allowed to play for both Australia and Italy?

Pico
07-05-2014, 09:37 AM
Why was that guy allowed to play for both Australia and Italy?

International eligibility resets after each “World Cup” cycle.

So say I’m a fringe up and coming Aus player, if I miss the cut for the Australian team and have say Fijian, Italian or Russian ancestry & have not played for Australia yet I can nominate to represent them, then it reverts back to a clean slate after the tournament. It’s such a joke designed to allow as many NRL players to play in the tournament to lift the quality of the fringe nations.

Bon
07-05-2014, 09:53 AM
International eligibility resets after each “World Cup” cycle.

So say I’m a fringe up and coming Aus player, if I miss the cut for the Australian team and have say Fijian, Italian or Russian ancestry & have not played for Australia yet I can nominate to represent them, then it reverts back to a clean slate after the tournament. It’s such a joke designed to allow as many NRL players to play in the tournament to lift the quality of the fringe nations.

Hahahaha.. What a joke of a "competition"..

terry
11-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Roosters halfback Mitchell Pearce has been arrested after an early morning altercation with police outside a Kings Cross nightclub

Police attended the club on Roslyn Street at Potts Point at 1:30am after receiving complaints about a patron

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/mitchell-pearce-arrested-over-altercation-outside-a-kings-cross-nightclub-20140511-zr9bx.html#ixzz31ScD18eo

kunce

Blackmac79
11-05-2014, 08:23 PM
Acab

hawk
14-05-2014, 09:59 PM
Zane Tetevano has had his contract terminated by the Newcastle Knights due to disciplinary reasons, effective immediately.
Tetevano was fined $440 and convicted in Belmont Local Court on Wednesday morning for smashing a taxi windscreen.
The court heard Tetevano lost his temper after an argument with his then partner.
Court documents show the Merewether 23-year-old punched the glass panel on April 28.
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/newcastle-knights-forward-zane-tetevano-sacked-for-smashing-taxi-windscreen-20140514-zrchg.html#ixzz31klZMBsh

grub rage

Bremsstrahlung
16-05-2014, 08:48 PM
just on run 'n' cuddle: Tinkler has been unable to pay 20 staff/players of the Knights. More later

Jeterpool
16-05-2014, 09:49 PM
Hopefully another nail in the coffin and a new owner coming in for the Jets

lquiquer
16-05-2014, 11:19 PM
"Apocalypse Now" http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2014/05/16/club_statement_ownership_issue.html

hawk
24-06-2014, 01:00 AM
A QUEENSLAND supporter allegedly shot dead a teenage NSW fan in Western Sydney after an altercation at a pub where he had been watching State of Origin

status quo

Jeterpool
24-06-2014, 09:42 AM
status quo

Massive coverage of this one....a football fan litters and we're all hooligans

GazFish35
24-06-2014, 09:55 AM
NRL's copycat coaches losing sight of the big picture

Phil Gould

One of the more common inquiries I receive each week from fans is to explain why all teams play their attacking football the same way.

To a point, that is very true. I guess if all teams played in the same coloured jerseys, it would be hard to tell them apart.

They all have the same structures, patterns, philosophies and the same plays. Each set of six in their own half looks the same.

When they get into attacking positions and are trying to score points, the structures and plays all look the same.

If you watch the NRL regularly you know with 90 per cent certainty what comes next. It’s just a matter of whether your team can do it better than the rival team this weekend.

Very few NRL teams have a style they could truly call their own. Perhaps the Warriors provide a point of difference to other teams. There are certain aspects of Des Hasler’s Bulldogs that stand them apart. The Sea Eagles have a little something, too.

My simple answer to these questions is that if all NRL coaches are playing the game pretty much the same way, then this must be the best way to play.

It’s difficult for those of us on the outside looking in, to question those who are engrossed in this space every day.

If there was a better way, I’m sure someone would’ve produced it by now. I get the feeling that if someone tried to play the game differently, they would probably get thumped. That’s certainly the fear that prevents most coaches from straying too far from the beaten path.

I do understand how fans of particular teams must get exasperated when they see their team is struggling, but they keep doing the same things over and over, each and every week, even though the results don’t get any better. I share their frustration.

I get irritated watching games where teams are going through their attacking plays as though they were choreographed dance sequences, even though this style of football doesn’t necessarily suit the skill set of their players they have at their disposal.

Some of them look like a dog trying to run on wet lino. There’s plenty of energy and effort, you can see where they’d like to go, but all they are doing is spinning their wheels going nowhere.

Don’t get me wrong. Today’s players are truly outstanding athletes. They are fitter, stronger, bigger and more powerful than ever.

But how many of them are really students of the game? How many of them actually look outside their own pocket of action on the field? I guess the bigger question is, how many are encouraged to look outside their pocket of action?

The scary thing is that it goes far deeper than just the NRL teams we see on television every weekend.

If you watch the lower-grade football, it is identical. The development pathways and junior representative teams pretty much replicate what the big boys are doing.

Even if you go right back down into park and junior league football, you can see the influence of NRL structures as far back as teams at 10 years of age.

From very early in a young player’s career they are being taught to play in lanes.

The vast majority of kids are confined to a playing zone, either in the middle, left or right side of the field. The skill set being taught to kids may well be specific; however, I find it to be very limited and restrictive.

I don’t think it gives kids an overall knowledge of the game. Versatility is now a rare commodity. The kid could end up playing in this one part of the field for the rest of his days, because that is all he has ever been taught.

So if this is all we are coaching into kids from the time they start playing, chances are we are going to be locked into this style of football for at least another 20 years.

If we study the evolution of attacking football down through the decades, we can see elements of the game that was played in the 60s and 70s still very evident in the modern game.

We can see the influence of great coaches and special individual players from certain eras on today’s action. However, the roles of players and positions within a team framework have become more defined, more scripted and more controlled.

I have long held the fear that junior league has been far too influenced by what they see in the professional game. The thought of junior coaches coaching kids like they were NRL teams has always been of great concern to me.

I think we coach creativity out of kids. By the time they have come through the more elite development and junior representative programs, we have pretty much taken their size and their skill set, and moulded it into becoming a more common cog in an even more common wheel.

Kids are coached very much on the HOW. I’m not so sure coaching spends enough time coaching the WHY.

Of course, attacking football in the professional game has been heavily sculptured by several factors.

The effects of almost two decades of full-time training, rigorous video analysis, the vastly improved fitness and strength of the individuals, constant rule changes and the evolution of tackling and wrestling techniques. It’s something of a vicious cycle in this regard.

The players being recruited and developed these days are primarily in the size and power mode. They are recruited to fit a mould or a specific job within a team framework, therefore, the style of game and player is being perpetuated.

Old timers, such as me, keep an eye out for the kid that just plays like a footballer. They are still around.

But if they can’t hit, stick, wrestle or physically push their frame through the defensive line with brute force, they are generally overlooked before they get the chance to develop their talents.

Players are not so much promoted on ABILITY, but rather on their RELIABILITY. Coaches look more at whether the athlete will stand up to the physical demands for the long term, rather than imagining what else the footballer may bring to the team?

The basics of football have never really changed. If you want to win consistently , your team needs to be able to go forward, control the ball, kick, chase and tackle.

That’s pretty much football in a nutshell. There isn’t a great deal of science in all of that. If the player has the physical capabilities, the coach can find a role for him within this framework.

However, I believe so many other aspects of these basics are being neglected. Or at least they are not being fully explored.

How conscious are we of developing or expanding the individual talents of a playmaker? Or helping all players within the team THINK their way through games rather than just using their bodies and following a rigid script?

I would like to replace teaching the kids the HOW with teaching them more about the WHY. Or better still, the WHY NOT?

We teach them the HOW as though this is the only way to perform their role. Every player, in each position, in every team, is pretty much given the same job. The frustrating thing is that their skill sets are rarely developed beyond the narrow scope of their restricted roles.

I get more excited in coaching the WHY.

Why do we run this sequence, this play, this angle, this pass?

What reaction are we looking for from the defensive line? How can we get a defender to react the way we want him to react? How many different plays can we execute to get the reaction we desire?

What other possible reactions could we see? How will we react if they do what we predict? How will we act if they react differently? What comes next? How do we take advantage of any confusion or disorganisation we have created in the defensive line?

I always liked to explore the talents of an individual and determine how and when he likes to get the ball to bring his unique skills or footwork into play.

I liked to study all the ways he will react instinctively in a given situation and then have the teamwork to create these opportunities for the individual.

Coaches should be constantly searching for ways to push beyond the boundaries of what currently exists. Anyone can become good at this game if they train hard and work hard. But how do you become great? And how do you go from being great to being No.1?

You can’t be the best if you simply follow what everyone else is doing.

To me, that should be the goal. Not to be like everyone else, but to be the best.

Phil Gould is general manager of the Penrith Panthers

This story was found at: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/nrls-copycat-coaches-losing-sight-of-the-big-picture-20140621-zsh9n.html

even Gus reckons the game is repetive and predictable.

it s agood article for anyone interested in coaching, he practcly preaches for coaches to utilise the "Games Sense Approach" to develop more intelligent players..... a move the ASC started promting years and yeras and years ago, the idea is old the PDHPE Syllabus for high school pretty much forces PE staff to use it. (just not many "old school" types do.

Superdylan
26-06-2014, 12:22 AM
http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=486_1403588160

Canberra raiders fan from friday night parro on a bus coming home from the game.

q-money
29-06-2014, 02:48 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrRLIP4CQAA5E8x.jpg:large

q-money
29-06-2014, 02:49 PM
once more just for posterity

Blackmac79
29-06-2014, 02:54 PM
He must have been parched

GazFish35
29-06-2014, 03:33 PM
Fighting for the shire's indepence from nsw rule.

The Dunster
29-06-2014, 03:39 PM
Well, at least he's not beating the shit out of women or raping Labradors.

GazFish35
29-06-2014, 04:10 PM
Well, at least he's not beating the shit out of women or raping Labradors.

Very true. It's amazing how low the bar is set.

snake
29-06-2014, 05:40 PM
not as bad as suarez

plague
29-06-2014, 06:36 PM
not as bad as suarez

Maybe if he bit his own wang whilst pissing in his mouth?

GazFish35
29-06-2014, 07:26 PM
https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/video/watch/24338851/schoolboy-rugby-battle/

Save it for origin boys. It's worshipped there.

Premy
29-06-2014, 07:50 PM
https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/video/watch/24338851/schoolboy-rugby-battle/

Save it for origin boys. It's worshipped there.

Happens every week around the country. "Smack him", "Hit him", "Get a dog up ya" it's just culture come on "Bring back the biff".

hawk
30-06-2014, 12:49 AM
i cant believe it but I should expect it. Todd carney is a pisshead & joins the Monaghan club. dirty low cvnts

stuff like this isnt a one off for this grub
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_yOV8dhzN4jk/SdKbBwLaX2I/AAAAAAAAH6Y/niZPjX6L3j8/s400/toddnude.jpg

hawk
30-06-2014, 07:35 PM
NOV 2006: Banned from driving after being arrested for drink-driving

MAY 2007: Sentenced to 200 hours of community service and banned from driving until 2012 after police chase in Canberra

AUG 2008: Sacked by Canberra and deregistered by NRL after urinating on a patron in a Canberra nightclub

MARCH 2009: Banned from home town Goulburn for a year and ordered to alcohol counselling after a drunken rampage

JAN 2010: Sets alight a man’s trousers at a New Year’s Eve party, causing burns to his buttock, scrotum and thighs

FEB 2011: Charged with drink-driving the morning after sinking eight to 10 beers

MAR 2011: Narrowly avoids jail for drink-driving charge and vows to attend Alcoholics Anonymous

APRIL 2011: Stood down by Roosters after alcohol-related indiscretions with teammate Anthony Watts, returns in round 10

JUNE 2014: Sacked by Cronulla after unsavoury photo of him at a urinal appeared on social media

turns out its just normal nrl behaviour, sorry toddy. just puttin it out there but I bet he's too gutless to eat a turd and show proof.

Jetmaster
30-06-2014, 08:59 PM
See the sob story on NBN tonight with that Weidler weasel....even brought his mum into it of course.

Odds on will sign for the Knights!

q-money
01-07-2014, 05:16 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/rugby-league-your-image-stinks-fix-it-20140701-zss9q.html

phwoar steve mascord laying it down

The rebellious response to Carney's sacking from Sharks players represents a tipping point for the game's culture in this country. It's not just a clash of cultures, it's a war of ideologies.

On one side, there is an eternal boys club, an Orwellian Animal Farm that has arisen as a result of a male-only workplace, too much money, too much time and countless troubled childhoods.

This group wants the media blamed for reporting what they do (even when not a single paper was printed between the Carney picture emerging and his sacking), they want punching and shoulder charges reinstated, they think spewing and shitting and pissing are funny.

On the other is a governing body run by a former corporate banker trying to figure out why twice as many Australian women say they have been to an AFL game as to a rugby league match, and why rugby union still gets blue chip sponsors despite all other indicators of its health indicating imminent cardiac arrest.

Yr 8 kid
01-07-2014, 06:22 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/10380904_625326394230912_7895594572951571481_n.jpg

http://www.thetroymurphyshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Umme6kc-576x250.jpg

GazFish35
01-07-2014, 06:55 PM
I think we should all ease up on carney.
I've heard he lost his balance and fell forward with his mouth open.

And that all was actually trying to do is get rid of the taste of VB from his mouth

Grimario
10-07-2014, 10:39 AM
#BREAKING Reports that @NRLKnights coach Wayne Bennett has quit. No confirmation yet, we'll have more as it comes

:lulz:

Premy
10-07-2014, 06:53 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nEkun9oN7q4

Darius Boyd on fire here, I somewhat sympathize with sports players being hassled by the press but this reporter was polite and asked a simple question, would've only taken all but 60 seconds and Body carries on like a jerk.

parksey
10-07-2014, 07:41 PM
he's always like that with the media

plague
10-07-2014, 07:55 PM
he's always like that with the media

Exactly, she knew what she was gonna get.

GazFish35
10-07-2014, 09:25 PM
Sweet, so if you're always rude it's okay to be rude.

GazFish35
10-07-2014, 09:27 PM
In other news.....

http://www.portnews.com.au/story/2404260/sharks-vow-to-take-a-stand-after-violent-crowd-incidents/?cs=257

plague
10-07-2014, 09:38 PM
Sweet, so if you're always rude it's okay to be rude.

Nah, bloke was going from his hotel to his car. It was not an organised interview.
He's got every right to not talk if he didn't want to.

GazFish35
10-07-2014, 09:52 PM
Nah, bloke was going from his hotel to his car. It was not an organised interview.
He's got every right to not talk if he didn't want to.

Agreed.
But still no need to be rude.

And if your next argument is about annoying journos....... He's paid a wage based on income from TV rights. It comes with the territory.

It be like a teacher refusing to answer questions from a tax paying parent.

plague
10-07-2014, 11:09 PM
Agreed.
But still no need to be rude.

And if your next argument is about annoying journos....... He's paid a wage based on income from TV rights. It comes with the territory.

It be like a teacher refusing to answer questions from a tax paying parent.er with his kids, or at the pub with his mates

What if the parent was asking the teacher while he was having dinner with his family, or at the pub with his mates, or at a funeral?
I think there's a time and a place. That's all. And yes he could have acted a bit nicer (I don't necessarily think he was rude) but that's on him, and will prob cost him a post career job in the media but he might not give a shit.
As for the money from media, correct but money also comes from beer and bookies and the players are crucified if they indulge in those sponsors products.
Clubs have scheduled interview times and media managers for a reason. Door stopping the bloke was a bit amateurish in my opinion.

Can't wait for Gillard, Hansen-Young and Wong to start up about how much of a mysognist he is.

GazFish35
10-07-2014, 11:49 PM
er with his kids, or at the pub with his mates

What if the parent was asking the teacher while he was having dinner with his family, or at the pub with his mates, or at a funeral?
I think there's a time and a place. That's all. And yes he could have acted a bit nicer (I don't necessarily think he was rude) but that's on him, and will prob cost him a post career job in the media but he might not give a shit.
As for the money from media, correct but money also comes from beer and bookies and the players are crucified if they indulge in those sponsors products.
Clubs have scheduled interview times and media managers for a reason. Door stopping the bloke was a bit amateurish in my opinion.

Can't wait for Gillard, Hansen-Young and Wong to start up about how much of a mysognist he is.

Yes.

MFKS
11-07-2014, 12:46 AM
Apparently State if Origin was on the other day.

Just to show you how irrelevant their sport is I have not seen it on tv newspaper or anywhere over here

If it wasn't for someone posting on my facey feed I would be none the wiser

Irrelevant Sport

hawk
11-07-2014, 02:11 AM

ministry of mysandrists. one day HY will get over her "lets all be friends nonsesnse" and grow up.

Superdylan
11-07-2014, 02:15 AM
Apparently State if Origin was on the other day.

Just to show you how irrelevant their sport is I have not seen it on tv newspaper or anywhere over here

If it wasn't for someone posting on my facey feed I would be none the wiser

Irrelevant Sport

Yeah I wouldn't expect it either. Interest in rugby league in brazil would be extremely low. Does state of origin get any media attention outside of Australia apart from new zealand and England?

Blackmac79
11-07-2014, 07:47 AM
Does it even get attention in England?

MFKS
11-07-2014, 08:16 AM
Yeah I wouldn't expect it either. Interest in rugby league in brazil would be extremely low. Does state of origin get any media attention outside of Australia apart from new zealand and England?

It is an irrelevant sport SD period

The sooner people wake up and see that it is a game played by 26 brain dead retards with no social skills who think molesting dogs and shitting in fire hose cupboards is acceptable the better
It is a disgrace the coverage this game gets

Of the subject of rugby has come up over here in South America people think of Rugby Union not these dumb ****s

Irrelevant game for islanders who can't get a game in union

Jetmaster
11-07-2014, 09:03 AM
Does it even get attention in England?

I've been in England SOO time and really, you have to search for news and results, even today. I'm sure it appears on pay TV somewhere but it is not in the newspapers or general news and sport reports.

For an example, have a look at the BBC Sport website main page today - of all the stories and links there is only one to rugby league - "Cahill agrees new Widnes contract" (WTF ??!). Click through and even then there is one story amongst oodles on the English League.

One of the great turnoffs of SOO now is that we constantly hear about how big it is - the "greatest" game watched by millions around the world. RL has an inferiority complex and I can tell you now that 90% of RL fans who bag football do so out of envy of it's global appeal, but outside two states of Australia RL really does mean nothing. They even hate it when people interstate refer to it as "rugby".

In the 80's SOO was a different monster - it didn't matter who was watching outside the two states and it was personal between everyone in NSW and Wally Lewis. They were great games - with great characters (who can ever forget Sam Backo saying f*** in an interview and Mal Meninga calling NSW c**** before kickoff?) and true skills. That has all gone from rugby league now and it is a pale, beige imitation of what it once was. Everybody looks the same and they learn how to "count to six then have a kick".

And the rule changes !!! If it is such a great sport you wouldn't need to tamper with it .

plague
11-07-2014, 09:50 AM
Geez Louise you blokes.
When I lived and worked in England we used to open the pub early mornings for SOO and Grand Finals. Place was always packed.
Hold shit amazing that it's not big news in Argentina Member. You could get a job with Today/Tonight with such bombshells.
Whatever you personally think of it, there are a lot of mongs out there who dig it. To say it's irrelevant outside if Aust is like saying get rid of the A-League cause no one cares outside of Aus either.
Let the mongs have their game, gives us something to be elitist about.

GazFish35
11-07-2014, 10:06 AM
Forgive my ignorance but what does SOO stand for?

pv4
11-07-2014, 10:11 AM

If this isn't a windup ( :rof: ) it stands for State Of Origin

plague
11-07-2014, 10:25 AM
Do you work for Triple-J?

MFKS
11-07-2014, 10:32 AM
Geez Louise you blokes.
When I lived and worked in England we used to open the pub early mornings for SOO and Grand Finals. Place was always packed.
Hold shit amazing that it's not big news in Argentina Member. You could get a job with Today/Tonight with such bombshells.
Whatever you personally think of it, there are a lot of mongs out there who dig it. To say it's irrelevant outside if Aust is like saying get rid of the A-League cause no one cares outside of Aus either.
Let the mongs have their game, gives us something to be elitist about.

Lets get some facts right.
It is irrelevant outside of Australia
It is irrelevant in 4 of the 6 states in Australia
It is losing relevance in the 2states it has popularity in Australia.
Facts are people are losing interest in it

Add in the arrogance of the clowns who support it who put shit on my game yet have little idea how irrelevant and retarded their shit sport is. FFS find a kid who is 110kg 6ft 4tall who has never played the game at 16 and you could turn them into an NRL player as soon as they can stomach swallowing their own urine and dog semen.

Try turning a 16yer old kid into a footballer and the only place who would employ him is the Jets FFS

pv4
11-07-2014, 10:52 AM
FFS find a kid who is 110kg 6ft 4tall who has never played the game at 16 and you could turn them into an NRL player as soon as they can stomach swallowing their own urine and dog semen.

:rof: at how true this possibly is. I've played 2 competitive days of rugby league in my life, both for school. One was a one-off knockout game, the other was a seven-a-side tournament at Newcastle Uni. I was voted man of the match in the knockout game, and the refs voted 3,2,1 in the sevens day and I was coming 2nd overall in the whole tournament before we got knocked out, and had multiple people in Knights officials gear talk to my teacher about me :rof:

Back then I would have been 6'2-6'3 and mid 90s kg-wise, but could easily have built up if needed

Grimario
11-07-2014, 11:00 AM

It barely rates a mention in South Australia. Why the **** would other countries give a shit about the irrelevant sport?

hawk
11-07-2014, 11:12 AM
lol, i didnt hear about it. Media ban during wc. who got out grubbed?

GazFish35
11-07-2014, 11:25 AM
Interest levels in Rugby League in Brazil are under no risk of lowering.

MFKS
11-07-2014, 11:36 AM
Interest levels in Rugby League in Brazil are under no risk of lowering.

Not necessarily so

One of these NRL clubs may sign a Brazillian after the mis behaviour after the Germany fiasco is seen to fit in with NRL kulcha

plague
11-07-2014, 12:59 PM
Lets get some facts right.
It is irrelevant outside of Australia
It is irrelevant in 4 of the 6 states in Australia
It is losing relevance in the 2states it has popularity in Australia.
Facts are people are losing interest in it

Well I'm not one to dispute your facts, but from my info I'd dispute part of that.
Didn't they just sign their biggest ever TV contract? Their crowds (after a poor start to season) are now on par with last year. Their Origin ratings are in the top 10 most watched program's australia wide per year.
You talk about the 'people putting shit on your game' then you just turned into one those exact types of people (two wrongs don't make a right Member).
I personally don't like the game, but who cares if people do?

Gods and clods and all that y'know.

parksey
11-07-2014, 01:09 PM
:rof: at how true this possibly is. I've played 2 competitive days of rugby league in my life, both for school. One was a one-off knockout game, the other was a seven-a-side tournament at Newcastle Uni. I was voted man of the match in the knockout game, and the refs voted 3,2,1 in the sevens day and I was coming 2nd overall in the whole tournament before we got knocked out, and had multiple people in Knights officials gear talk to my teacher about me :rof:

Back then I would have been 6'2-6'3 and mid 90s kg-wise, but could easily have built up if needed

yeah mate you probs would have played for the blues had you just put on a few kilos

pv4
11-07-2014, 01:13 PM
yeah mate you probs would have played for the blues had you just put on a few kilos

That's after I code-hop a few times

parksey
11-07-2014, 01:14 PM
pretty weird how people get so worked up about other codes like it's some sort of competition. i guess technically it is, in regards to the financial landscape etc., but at the end of the day all sports coexist pretty nicely.

i actually feel privileged to have been born in a country that has such an array of popular/prominent sports to watch and play.

MFKS
11-07-2014, 01:45 PM
Well I'm not one to dispute your facts, but from my info I'd dispute part of that.
Didn't they just sign their biggest ever TV contract? Their crowds (after a poor start to season) are now on par with last year. Their Origin ratings are in the top 10 most watched program's australia wide per year.
You talk about the 'people putting shit on your game' then you just turned into one those exact types of people (two wrongs don't make a right Member).
I personally don't like the game, but who cares if people do?

Gods and clods and all that y'know.
With shit dished up on modern TV in Australia there is little competition for ratings.

I ain't gonna apologise or take a backward step when it comes to these parasites and the damage they do to my game to protect their insignificant sport.

Reality is the only reason people watch the shit sport is the media shove it down their throats 24-7

If you live in Victoria you get tardball
If you live in NZ you get union

The ****s in the wide stream media are ****ing my game over by ignoring it to promote this shit sport

**** THEM

PS one great bonus of being in Sth America the last 6weeks is I have not had to watch see or hear sweet duck all about this insignificant sport

NUGUNS
11-07-2014, 03:31 PM
My head's on upside down and enjoy Ox testicles.

GazFish35
11-07-2014, 03:32 PM
pretty weird how people get so worked up about other codes like it's some sort of competition. i guess technically it is, in regards to the financial landscape etc., but at the end of the day all sports coexist pretty nicely.

i actually feel privileged to have been born in a country that has such an array of popular/prominent sports to watch and play.

Your especially lucky to be born in newy where football is as much the second or third ugly cousin to other codes.
Grow up outside of a major centre and it's easy to get a chip on your shoulder.

plague
11-07-2014, 03:47 PM
I'm beginning to get the feeling that there are a lot of teenagers 'round Members' way who continually stand around on his lawn.

Jeterpool
11-07-2014, 04:30 PM
This thread has seen more action today than all other threads combined in the lsat 2 weeks.

Must be off season.

hawk
11-07-2014, 11:39 PM

It is, but, you grew up in a privileged time and owe a fvk of a lot to those before you who played, promoted and fought to get the game of football up and running in a forever lost sea of condescending bogans. Sport didnt always coexist as nice as it does today.

Jetmaster
11-07-2014, 11:42 PM
Any of us a bit older who grew up in the 70s and 80s will understand the RL hate. We really were called sheilas, wogs and poofters for playing "wogball". The football community never had the strength to fight back and the local game hardly existed in the media.

Over the last 15 years the game has got its act together and deserves respect that it still does not get from the mainstream sporting media. Our side never started the war of words so I find it a bit rich that now we should all learn to get along.

MFKS
12-07-2014, 01:16 AM
Any of us a bit older who grew up in the 70s and 80s will understand the RL hate. We really were called sheilas, wogs and poofters for playing "wogball". The football community never had the strength to fight back and the local game hardly existed in the media.

Over the last 15 years the game has got its act together and deserves respect that it still does not get from the mainstream sporting media. Our side never started the war of words so I find it a bit rich that now we should all learn to get along.

Precisely Right
:yay:

parksey
12-07-2014, 01:31 AM
yeah i've heard it all before, guys.

maybe it's time to get over it.

GazFish35
12-07-2014, 09:48 AM

No.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

It's very rarely an unprovoked attacked on RL, but rather a continued and vigilant effort to expose the bias in media reporting and the double standards that the vast majority of the time favours the other code.

And if it ever is an unprovoked attack, I just liken it to an RL player beating up his girlfriend.

Jetmaster
12-07-2014, 03:19 PM

Is this not the "Rugby League is crap" thread???

We are here to bag the game.....you love the game so much go to the fanboi thread elsewhere.

boz-monaut
12-07-2014, 03:28 PM
Parksey just likes taking the contrarian view

no one could actually hold the positions he does if he were to actually take a considered look at the facts

hawk
16-07-2014, 10:52 AM
Parksey just likes taking the contrarian view

no one could actually hold the positions he does if he were to actually take a considered look at the facts

this.
plus parksey wasnt in the war,shame really.

jim wallis
16-07-2014, 02:38 PM
Would never have guessed.

IT was the Sunday afternoon meat raffles at a little suburban bowling club that cowards Ryker Jennar and Joel Barton decided was the right place for their latest armed holdup.
Barton was once a promising footballer, playing in curtain-raisers for State of Origin with the likes of Jarryd Hayne and juniors with Newcastle Knights and Cronulla Sharks before his career went pear-shaped. nh

leftrightout
17-07-2014, 12:19 PM
Cant help but feel this Rise for Alex weekend is just a huge money making ploy by NRL.
They are "kindly donating" $1 from every ticket sold to this foundation.

Think about just the newcastle game, knight averaging say 15,000 per game so far (could be wrong, thats purely a guess) with this weekend they are probably going to get close to 30,000. Tickets for the games 35-60 bucks?

So they will get double the amount of people with high ticket prices and donate just $1 from each.
So instead of getting 15,000 at 35-60 bucks a ticket, they are going to get 30,000 at 34-59 bucks a ticket.
They are going to make alot of money this weekend!

Bremsstrahlung
17-07-2014, 01:47 PM

Pico
17-07-2014, 01:59 PM
Cant help but feel this Rise for Alex weekend is just a huge money making ploy by NRL.

Think about just the newcastle game, knight averaging say 15,000 per game so far (could be wrong, thats purely a guess) with this weekend they are probably going to get close to 30,000. Tickets for the games 35-60 bucks?

So they will get double the amount of people with high ticket prices and donate just $1 from each.
So instead of getting 15,000 at 35-60 bucks a ticket, they are going to get 30,000 at 34-59 bucks a ticket.

Its a donation because apart from the knights, the NRL would not be getting any take of club gate takings, so clubs will still be taking in the 35-60 bucks a ticket.

Jetmaster
17-07-2014, 02:13 PM
I think they are overdoing it now - hope they don't make this an annual event.

pv4
17-07-2014, 02:31 PM

what.. just.. happened

PS out of curiosity who are all those players? I know Minichello but who are the other ones and what teams are they representing?

Jeterpool
17-07-2014, 04:12 PM
what.. just.. happened

PS out of curiosity who are all those players? I know Minichello but who are the other ones and what teams are they representing?

St George guy (4th from left) is Gareth Widdop

Manly guy (2nd along) is Keiran Foran.

I think.

And I think there is a canberra raider

Bremsstrahlung
17-07-2014, 05:12 PM

On phone sorry.

plague
17-07-2014, 09:11 PM

seriously, buy a ****ing clue pal.
hate on the game all you want but people trying to do something nice for someone who may never walk again should not be shit on.

plague
17-07-2014, 09:12 PM
I think they are overdoing it now - hope they don't make this an annual event.

yeah, quadriplegics are soooooooo last year.

MFKS
25-07-2014, 01:15 PM
So let me get this right

The Knights Have 1 player in Jail
The Knights Have 1 player in a Mental Institute
The Knights have another bloke crippled
The Knights Have a Coach who is highly successful Unable to get them to win
The Knights have a Coach who has never walked away from Anything in his life Quitting On Them
The Knights Have a team who are floundering in the bottom of the ladder

FFS We should be thankful Tinks Gave us Middleby and not Gidley

On another note can someone explain how Gidley was appointed CEO under Tinklers stewardship of the Knights yet now Tinks has departed still has a job??
Its not like he is a highly qualified candidate for the role of CEO as his working life before getting the gig involved running around with 12 other druggos rapists dog molesters etc each weekend

Jeterpool
25-07-2014, 01:50 PM
On another note can someone explain how Gidley was appointed CEO under Tinklers stewardship of the Knights yet now Tinks has departed still has a job??
Its not like he is a highly qualified candidate for the role of CEO as his working life before getting the gig involved running around with 12 other druggos rapists dog molesters etc each weekend

I guess because he is an employee of the club and not the owner and the new owner hasn't come in yet to put his own man in there.

The Dunster
25-07-2014, 01:50 PM
So let me get this right

The Knights Have 1 player in Jail
The Knights Have 1 player in a Mental Institute
The Knights have another bloke crippled
The Knights Have a Coach who is highly successful Unable to get them to win
The Knights have a Coach who has never walked away from Anything in his life Quitting On Them
The Knights Have a team who are floundering in the bottom of the ladder

FFS We should be thankful Tinks Gave us Middleby and not Gidley

He might have an MBA. They are available to purchase from all Universities via Cheque, cash, EFTPOS, or credit card.

Best of all, you don't need any level of intelligence to qualify.

MFKS
25-07-2014, 04:37 PM
I guess because he is an employee of the club and not the owner and the new owner hasn't come in yet to put his own man in there.

Wouldn't he be an employee of HSG rather than the Knights seeing as he was Tinks and Palmers puppet appointment??

plague
25-07-2014, 04:49 PM
I'm pretty sure he has a masters in business and with his long time involvement (esp if he formed a good network of contacts whilst playing) he's probably plenty qualified for the role. I think the NRL introduced minimum standards to ensure token appointments weren't made.
Wonder if the Double-Eff-Aye has similar standards? (Not being silly I'm actually quite interested).
And yes I know pieces of paper on the wall don't mean shit to a lot of people, but the general word is that he's quite competent at the job.
Paul Harragon though I'm not so sure.......

Jeterpool
25-07-2014, 06:31 PM
Wouldn't he be an employee of HSG rather than the Knights seeing as he was Tinks and Palmers puppet appointment??

Not necessarily.

hawk
30-07-2014, 10:22 PM
Dragons player Craig Garvey faces jail over pub assault

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/dragons-player-craig-garvey-faces-jail-over-pub-assault-20140730-zybu7.html#ixzz3916GeT4s
Earlier in the day, the court heard from several witnesses including Mr Allan and his friend, James Stimson, who both claimed the Dragons hooker had approached them, seemingly out of nowhere, and threatened Mr Allan.
Mr Allan said he and Mr Stimson were standing near the back wall of the crowded dance floor when Garvey approached them.
He said Garvey appeared to "go to walk past us" but stopped and turned towards Mr Allan, telling him: "I'm going to knock you the f*** out, you're being a smart arse".
Mr Allan said the comment surprised him, as he had no idea who Garvey was.

"I said 'I don't know what you are talking about, I haven't done anything to you, I don't know who you are, I don't want to fight you'," Mr Allan told the court.

But he claimed Garvey continued the threats, before pushing his forehead against Mr Allan's forehead in an aggressive manner.
Fearing for his safety, Mr Allan said he pushed Garvey in the chest with both hands, causing Garvey to stumble backwards.
He claimed Garvey then came towards him and punched him "four to five times", causing him to bend over and hold his arms around his face for protection.
He claimed Garvey continued to punch him, hitting him in the eye with an upper cut.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/dragons-player-craig-garvey-faces-jail-over-pub-assault-20140730-zybu7.html#ixzz3915uqWXm

Of course Garv tried to call it the other way but every thug has to try the bs card.

plague
30-07-2014, 10:52 PM
Of course Garv tried to call it the other way but every thug has to try the bs card.

Clearly depressed, a victim of a poor upbringing, global warming etc etc etc.
Sure hope he gets given another 30 or so chances.

Also, someone get me the bank details for the "All in for Allan" appeal that MFKS will no doubt be setting up. Id like to do my part.

hawk
30-07-2014, 10:58 PM
Clearly depressed, a victim of a poor upbringing, global warming etc etc etc.
Sure hope he gets given another 30 or so chances.

Also, someone get me the bank details for the "All in for Allan" appeal that MFKS will no doubt be setting up. Id like to do my part.

pharkin lols

MFKS
31-07-2014, 09:17 AM

Nice Work Plague :sup:

MFKS
05-10-2014, 05:01 PM
Can some one enlighten me as to why The Block isn't on tonight and I have to miss out on one of my fave shows for dog molesters playing their game??

Blackmac79
05-10-2014, 06:11 PM
Who is playing?

Tommyjet
05-10-2014, 06:29 PM
All the other "sports" are finished aren't they?

Jeterpool
15-10-2014, 01:20 PM
Hayne leaves Eels to try his hand at NFL, hey

Superdylan
15-10-2014, 03:41 PM
Parra for spoon in 2015

GazFish35
15-10-2014, 03:50 PM
http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/276/505/505276.jpg

plague
15-10-2014, 10:35 PM
http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/276/505/505276.jpg

Disagree.
Made front page news of ESPN.com
That's a pretty decent sized deal.

parksey
15-10-2014, 10:51 PM
yeah big move

pistolpete
15-10-2014, 10:54 PM
Might have to check out the NFL this season to see how he goes

hawk
15-10-2014, 10:56 PM
play on, crowd loves it.

Flowers make an apology for stopping only at one punch.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/10/13/flowers-dog-act-one-worst-rugby-league-history/

WolfMan
16-10-2014, 06:32 AM
Might have to check out the NFL this season to see how he goes

Try in a few seasons. Maybe

You could see him carry water sometime this season though...

pv4
16-10-2014, 07:15 AM
I've been told by guys who follow the NFL religiously that there is just no way Hayne is going to hack it.

Apparently the idea of him being a WR is laughable, solely because those guys run at olympic speeds. He's too small for RB or TE - and the more he bulks up as needed, the slower he gets.

Pretty much the only position anyone can see him making it at is a kick/punt returner.

plague
16-10-2014, 09:44 AM
I've been told by guys who follow the NFL religiously that there is just no way Hayne is going to hack it.

Apparently the idea of him being a WR is laughable, solely because those guys run at olympic speeds. He's too small for RB or TE - and the more he bulks up as needed, the slower he gets.

Pretty much the only position anyone can see him making it at is a kick/punt returner.

Which is weird because that's the position he himself said was his best shot.

pistolpete
16-10-2014, 10:28 AM
Gotta love all the armchair experts. Good luck to the kid. I hope he does well. Muggsy Bogues was 5'3" and couldn't shoot a jump shot and he played nba for years and represented the US. If he wants it enough he can be successful

Jetmaster
16-10-2014, 12:47 PM
I remember when an NFL player came the other direction.

Who remembers Manfred Moore of the Newtown Jets?

MFKS
16-10-2014, 12:58 PM
Good luck to the bloke. Would be massively surprised though to see him succeed though considering he will be coming up against blokes who are 2-3 years younger who have just come through the college system and have the runs on the board with the game let alone the blokes who are already around the NFL already. Be a major effort to succeed at it though

To me this is a big win for our code.

It just shows how insignificant the game played by Dog Molesters actually is.

3 of their biggest names SBW Burgess and Hayne have jumped ship to **** off and chase other opportunities as the game is limited in how far one can go and they can leave safe in the knowledge they can return anytime they fail and get million dollar deals.

At least our code has a world wide presence to offer players the sea change somewhere else if they are getting bored in Australia.

plague
16-10-2014, 01:51 PM
I remember when an NFL player came the other direction.

Who remembers Manfred Moore of the Newtown Jets?

Better still, Google Greg Smith from the Newcastle Knights.
I was at that game.
Still makes me larf.

The Dunster
16-10-2014, 02:16 PM
Hayne is big enough to be a RB. Simpson was 96kg and Sayers was 90kg and they are tw0 of the best ever.
TE is the most unlikely opportunity as they need to run, catch, and block - it's not something you can learn overnight - And these guys are usually HUGE.
WR he'd be fast enough as a sub even time runner [or thereabouts] but he'd be up against guys who have spent all their life playing the position.
Special Teams would be the obvious choice.

hawk
28-11-2014, 02:22 PM
Tetevano has pleaded guilty to eight charges in Newcastle Local Court, including two counts of common assault and two counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/manly-sea-eagles-zane-tetevano-admits-to-bashing-former-girlfriend-20141128-11w0ti.html

let's buy a NRL season ticket and support these low bastards

hawk
28-11-2014, 02:42 PM
Tapine, 20, has been charged with assault occasioning grievous bodily harm after breaking a jaw of another man at the Prince of Wales Hotel in Merewether on September 21, the day after he played for Newcastle's under 20s in a sudden-death final they lost.

Packer was jailed in January for bashing a stranger unconscious and stomping on his head.
His sentence was reduced from two years to 12 months on appeal, and he was sacked by the Knights

Within days of Packer being incarcerated, the Herald revealed that Knights official and former player Ben Rogers was facing two counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

Soon after, young forward Zane Tetevano was terminated by the Knights and had his registration cancelled by the NRL after he pleaded guilty in Belmont Local Court to smashing a taxi windscreen. Tetevano soon after became involved in a second legal case in which he has since pleaded guilty to assaulting his former girlfriend and her property.

Heralds excuse - "It is unrealistic to expect a group of 50-odd young men to remain squeaky clean 100 per cent of the time, but clubs with strong leadership at least have a fighting chance."

Really? we arent talking about slapstick comedy here. NRL mentality is a poor form of human.

plague
28-11-2014, 08:18 PM
Yeah but white ribbons tho.

q-money
08-12-2014, 02:47 PM
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2749475/greg-birds-wedding-disgrace/?cs=12

Superdylan
08-12-2014, 04:04 PM
Ohh well least there was some positive news at the knights for once, well in gids.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/newcastle-knights/kurt-gidley-crash-tackles-home-invader-20141207-1229bp.html

leftrightout
08-12-2014, 04:12 PM
Ohh well least there was some positive news at the knights for once, well in gids.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/newcastle-knights/kurt-gidley-crash-tackles-home-invader-20141207-1229bp.html

Can't believe this bloke ran a couple of hundred meters and didnt suffer a season ending injury!

Blackmac79
23-01-2015, 07:59 PM
NRL SuperCoach Twitter comparing stretchers coming onto the field during the asian cup to stretch marks on a pregnant woman.

Stay classy

Jeterpool
23-01-2015, 09:00 PM
NRL SuperCoach Twitter comparing stretchers coming onto the field during the asian cup to stretch marks on a pregnant woman.

Stay classy

:wtf:

WolfMan
23-01-2015, 09:08 PM

Stay classy

I'm not sure I get the connection between the two....

belchardo
23-01-2015, 10:25 PM
i assume the thinking is "neither looks good"?

hawk
24-01-2015, 01:21 AM

Stay classy
Who?

gross, talking about his grandma like that.

plague
24-01-2015, 12:21 PM
There was a thing on the official NRL site the other day with 'wacky' interviews with players.
One of the questions: what's your favourite swear word.
And yes the boofheads replied like you thought they would.
Kurt Gidley: "yeah id have to say I use f*** a lot".

Dead set imbeciles.

MFKS
20-02-2015, 05:21 PM
Gold Coast player arrested for cocaine trafficking.

Karmichael Hunt also done.

What a culture
http://www.rippa.com/category/rugby-league/gold-coast-titans-player-beau-falloon-charged-with-allegedly-supplying-cocaine-201502200005/

Premy
20-02-2015, 06:20 PM
Gold Coast player arrested for cocaine trafficking.

Karmichael Hunt also done.

What a culture
http://www.rippa.com/category/rugby-league/gold-coast-titans-player-beau-falloon-charged-with-allegedly-supplying-cocaine-201502200005/
Hilarious how all 3 of the other "Football" codes are tied up in this.

MFKS
21-02-2015, 08:26 AM
Hilarious how all 3 of the other "Football" codes are tied up in this.

Be interesting to see the fall out on this and whether the trafficking charges hold up and don't get knocked down to possession/supply.

Trafficking will most likely see Gaol as opposed to slap on the wrist from the courts.

The other aspect is the Drug Testing mobs. The accused will get hit harder with any suspension from trafficking than for a usage/supply charge

hawk
21-02-2015, 11:56 PM
Be interesting to see the fall out on this and whether the trafficking charges hold up and don't get knocked down to possession/supply.

Trafficking will most likely see Gaol as opposed to slap on the wrist from the courts.

The other aspect is the Drug Testing mobs. The accused will get hit harder with any suspension from trafficking than for a usage/supply charge

they're heros to the faithful bogans bra. One soccer flare will put this little drugs thing to bed

plague
22-02-2015, 01:08 PM
Bhah, couple of lads out for a big night.
Who hasn't wished for a pick me up on nights like that?
Good for the game IMO.