PDA

View Full Version : Why Rugby League is crap

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

pv4
19-05-2017, 11:28 AM
..........ignorant dribble......

Take Stu Musiliak's recent article in the papers:

At 26 and training on his own with no contract on the horizon, he increased his medication without consulting his doctor. He then signed with the Mariners under his former Olyroos coach Graham Arnold, but within weeks he was forced to walk away from the game he loved.

“When I signed with them I made the mistake of dropping my medication, halving it to where it was before I put it up a few months before.

“Then I spiralled and went to s---.

“I found out that doing what I did with my medication could have that effect, and I never really recovered from that. That medication had been working for me really well for four or five years. It stopped working for me, and then I had to go into hospital to come off that medication and go on to new medication, and that really took ’til now to get on top of that.

“I was in hospital numerous times because of my depression, and had lots of bouts of that shock therapy, ECT [electroconvulsive therapy]. I’ve lost count of how many times I had that. It’s been a real tough road, and without my family I don’t know that I would have got through it.

“I had a fair few bouts of the shock therapy in Newcastle. I tried new meds and it wasn’t working. I went down to Sydney and had some bouts of shock therapy in Sydney.

“It was getting me by, but it wasn’t actually working well enough to get me back to full health.

It's almost as if things fell apart when he didn't have the support network (ie changing drugs without doctors consultation). It also sounds like he had to take himself down a pretty hectic, medical-based path to cure his mental health issues, that took lots of time, effort, probably money, and most importantly support. But nah, Stu should have just sipped a cup of concrete a day, hardened the fxxx up on his own accord, and saved da memba's precious tax dollars, hey.

Memba - if you are solely on the windup in this thread, well played because you have well and truly wound me up. If these are your genuine views, I think on this topic you are an ignorant sub-human and next time I see you I'm giving you a good old slap in the face. Please confirm option A or B so I can prepare myself appropriately.

The Dunster
19-05-2017, 11:39 AM
And Dunster, I hear if you head out to Dudley they can hook you up with some non Hydro action (it's not my scene but I know enough 'weak' people to have some knowledge on the subject).

It's a pretty clever bit of marketing as well - because unless their clients started smoking 40 years or more ago it's unlikely they'd know if it was the real deal or not. Magic Beans, or Emperors coat sort of stuff.

I'll stick with the espressos.

MFKS
19-05-2017, 12:18 PM
Take Stu Musiliak's recent article in the papers:

It's almost as if things fell apart when he didn't have the support network (ie changing drugs without doctors consultation). It also sounds like he had to take himself down a pretty hectic, medical-based path to cure his mental health issues, that took lots of time, effort, probably money, and most importantly support. But nah, Stu should have just sipped a cup of concrete a day, hardened the fxxx up on his own accord, and saved da memba's precious tax dollars, hey.

Memba - if you are solely on the windup in this thread, well played because you have well and truly wound me up. If these are your genuine views, I think on this topic you are an ignorant sub-human and next time I see you I'm giving you a good old slap in the face. Please confirm option A or B so I can prepare myself appropriately.

I best bring a helmet then
:rof:

But your example of Musialik shows that he made the decisions that dug the hole much much deeper

It was him who chose to give up on his medication
That is still his choice

The consequences that occurred are still down to his decision making

I also backing in the next 10 years he found himself in this hole he also made other decisions that kept him in it and made things worse

If he had a hectic journey to dig himself out of the hole he found his life in then exactly how is anyone else responsible for that other than him??

Life is full of choices

You have to assess it all and make a decision

Make the wrong ones

Pay the consequences

MFKS
19-05-2017, 12:23 PM
Ok so what the hell are y'all doing at Church on a Sunday then?

Footy tips?

Aren't you all asking for guidance and help with your lives from someone?

Cause that 'kind' of sounds like people wanna do with the junkies yeah?

Man this religion stuff trips so many of you up.

I'm all for you practicing it, but man when you all are like "yo my God helps me out when I'm down but go get ****ed if you want me to help your non believing ass out".

It kind of makes your argument look a tad silly.

Guidance??

A junkie asking for help getting off drugs still requires him to take the action necessary regardless of what wonderful consultants offer

Same as anyone praying to God looking for answers
Still have to take the necessary steps

Just so we clear I couldn't give two ****s about people asking for help and advice

I though believe in the taking responsibility for your own choices and not making excuses for it

skippy
19-05-2017, 12:36 PM
"I am the light of the world,
He who followeth me shall not WANK in darkness
But have the light of LIFE"

HAHAHAHAHAHA...

If god is so great why all the suffering in the world? What did all little kids do so wrong that the catholic priests made them fiddle with them? Why did the church deem it necessary to help cover their own arses?

plague
19-05-2017, 12:54 PM
Ok can I just wander off for a second before we get into 'this'.

I don't believe in God, but absolutely respect anyone's right if they do. I'll ask legit questions of the Member about this stuff because I'm genuinely fascinated.

But can we please please please not get into too much mockingbof either religion itself, or the people who practice it.

Let's try and keep it about the bigger issue.

plague
19-05-2017, 12:57 PM
Having said that.

So why are people going to Church? I find it puzzling that on one hand they believe there is someone/something there to 'guide'/'help' them, but then you tell me all the answers are internal and it's all on the individual.

Same goes for bible quotes ect.

Are religious texts there for any other reason or do they also tell you that it's all back on the individual?

MFKS
19-05-2017, 01:04 PM
How de **** did this turn into the politics thread??

idontwannaplaywithhowey
19-05-2017, 01:13 PM
It's a pretty clever bit of marketing as well - because unless their clients started smoking 40 years or more ago it's unlikely they'd know if it was the real deal or not. Magic Beans, or Emperors coat sort of stuff.

I'll stick with the espressos.

Their clients did. They are all of a more seasoned age than my good self.

pv4
19-05-2017, 01:44 PM
Having said that.

So why are people going to Church? I find it puzzling that on one hand they believe there is someone/something there to 'guide'/'help' them, but then you tell me all the answers are internal and it's all on the individual.

Same goes for bible quotes ect.

Are religious texts there for any other reason or do they also tell you that it's all back on the individual?

And how does grace come into all this?

http://www.allaboutgod.com/definition-of-gods-grace-faq.htm

This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus

Are all people suffering mental health issues, sinning thru drug use etc, justified freely by "god's" grace thru the redemption that came by "Jesus"?

pv4
19-05-2017, 01:49 PM

It's better than discussing the actual topic tbf

Jetmaster
19-05-2017, 02:21 PM
Oh by the way - rugby league is crap.

:popcorn:

plague
19-05-2017, 03:02 PM

Because you keep getting kicked out of that one. We trying to hide you over here for a bit.

MFKS
19-05-2017, 04:39 PM
Because you keep getting kicked out of that one. We trying to hide you over here for a bit.

Hey I leaving the country in 7 ****ing hours

I trying to steer clear of getting banned in the meantime ok bruh??

I have more pressing things like wondering how blotto I getting in Honkers tomorrow??

Wilso8948
21-05-2017, 07:55 PM
Just wondering.. how many of you lot bagging the junkies and addictions etc.. really just fat ****s who punch away copious amounts of sugar each day and contribute just as much strain on the health system?

turbojetfireV8
22-05-2017, 07:42 PM
Oh my gawd, those mongs from the NRL are presenting some minor team selection announcement as if it was the FIFA World Cup draw... WTF???

StannyCFCJET
22-05-2017, 08:47 PM
Oh my gawd, those mongs from the NRL are presenting some minor team selection announcement as if it was the FIFA World Cup draw... WTF???

SOO is close to if Not the biggest sporting event in Australia tbf

Jetmaster
23-05-2017, 09:09 AM

I had a small snicker seeing that on "your rugby league station" NBN last night - "and now we cross live to Star City for the announcement of the team and SOO captain", some bloke who I honestly had never heard of. At a pinch I might accept it if it was the cricket captain.

So 5 minutes of that, then some other sport. No mention of the Socceroos squad and 30 seconds of the EPL final day and Chelski lifting the trophy.

Then there was an ad and after the break - "and now to NRL".......I know why they do it but it grates.

SOO is close to if Not the biggest sporting event in Australia tbf

The UEFA Champions League Final is one of the biggest sporting events on the planet - wait till you see the coverage it gets on Nein News next week. An interview with an NRL player talking about his personal struggles in reserve grade will get more air time.

pv4
23-05-2017, 09:33 AM
Apparently porksey's mate, whom dry-humped the small dog and had it filmed and sent public, is in this State of Origin NSW squad.

plague
23-05-2017, 09:36 AM
I had a small snicker seeing that on "your rugby league station" NBN last night - "and now we cross live to Star City for the announcement of the team and SOO captain", some bloke who I honestly had never heard of. At a pinch I might accept it if it was the cricket captain.

So 5 minutes of that, then some other sport. No mention of the Socceroos squad and 30 seconds of the EPL final day and Chelski lifting the trophy.

Then there was an ad and after the break - "and now to NRL".......I know why they do it but it grates.

The UEFA Champions League Final is one of the biggest sporting events on the planet - wait till you see the coverage it gets on Nein News next week. An interview with an NRL player talking about his personal struggles in reserve grade will get more air time.

Why do you get so salty at something you claim to have no interest and no understanding of?

It's a pretty unhealthy way to live your life. It's not necessary.

Just change the channel. Plenty more places to get your news. Go find them it will make you less cranky.

Cheers,
Plague.

WolfMan
23-05-2017, 09:57 AM
I had a small snicker

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/aplusautomation/vendorimages/31dd25c5-d0a0-495b-acac-41e0ef3ea8cc.jpg._CB270892613__SL300__.jpg

plague
23-05-2017, 10:33 AM
5 star post.

Have shown to friends/family etc.

Well in sir.

Jetmaster
23-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Why do you get so salty at something you claim to have no interest and no understanding of?

It's a pretty unhealthy way to live your life. It's not necessary.

Just change the channel. Plenty more places to get your news. Go find them it will make you less cranky.

Cheers,
Plague.

Wish I could mate.....but its dinner time and the bogans in my household want it on in the background every night.

Only relief is when there are A-League games on.

Such is life.

plague
23-05-2017, 12:57 PM
Wish I could mate.....but its dinner time and the bogans in my household want it on in the background every night.

Only relief is when there are A-League games on.

Such is life.

So turn off the tv and have a conversation and try and convert your bogan brethren.

Serious though:
Actually is that a thing? Do people have the telly on during dinner?

pv4
23-05-2017, 01:21 PM
Serious though:
Actually is that a thing? Do people have the telly on during dinner?

Our house it's a cold hard no, except for when the news is on and there is something "important" we are listening out for.

Jetmaster
04-07-2017, 08:19 AM
Truly enjoying the Knoughts implosion.

For the lolz check out the Herald comments - Knoughts have their own Membah, called "Seano".

Difference is Seano thinks all is hunky dory in Knightsland and won't hear a bad word without rabidly responding on behalf of "the boys".

Jeterpool
04-07-2017, 12:48 PM
The continued failure of the Knights has opened the door for the Jets, but so far we haven't stepped through.

Newcastle haven't had any sort of success from their sporting teams for years - hopefully the Jets can start winning and gaining the ascendancy in the region because once Wests take over the Knights, I believe they will sort them out.

plague
04-07-2017, 01:35 PM
The Knights are way closer to being successful (esp long term) than the Jets.
Hey have also been much more transparent at managerial level which will buy you a lot more sympathy from your fans vs treating them like garbage.

Rugby League is much easier to win with the addition of a couple of key pieces. On field the Knights are much closer than the Jets.

Again though, why anyone ever thinks that it has to be 'them' or 'us' astounds me. If both teams are successful the support will be there. It's only ever a very small group of wankers in both sports who seem to think otherwise.

Jeterpool
04-07-2017, 01:39 PM
Again though, why anyone ever thinks that it has to be 'them' or 'us' astounds me. If both teams are successful the support will be there.

That's true. Support will be there.

For me, the difference is in the corporate dollars.

steve136
04-07-2017, 01:46 PM
The Knights are way closer to being successful (esp long term) than the Jets.
Hey have also been much more transparent at managerial level which will buy you a lot more sympathy from your fans vs treating them like garbage.

Rugby League is much easier to win with the addition of a couple of key pieces. On field the Knights are much closer than the Jets.

Again though, why anyone ever thinks that it has to be 'them' or 'us' astounds me. If both teams are successful the support will be there. It's only ever a very small group of wankers in both sports who seem to think otherwise.

Wrong. The Knights have gone into a rebuild, but mistakenly believe this means bringing in youth, when rebuild means you bring in quality. Now they have a bunch of sh*t 20 years olds that in five years time will be sh*t 25 year olds. Hardly a bright future.

plague
04-07-2017, 01:55 PM
That's true. Support will be there.

For me, the difference is in the corporate dollars.

Yeah again though that's been a Jets failure since day 1.

team could be killing the comp yet if the admin treats local business like it has since day 1 then they'll never get anywhere near the Knights.

Again, the Knights made everyone with a small biz happy to chip in a bit extra feel like they belonged to the club.

Jets want to be in the 'sales' business, Knights have always been in the 'reorder' business.

There's a huge difference.

plague
04-07-2017, 01:57 PM
Funny part is the V8's gonna come to town and teach both clubs how to do corporate properly.

Those guys are the best in Aust sport by a mile.

But as usual they'll get sneered at as bogans etc etc etc.

The Dunster
04-07-2017, 03:00 PM
Funny part is the V8's gonna come to town and teach both clubs how to do corporate properly.

Those guys are the best in Aust sport by a mile.

But as usual they'll get sneered at as bogans etc etc etc.

True - but it's also an example of the price you have to pay in staying financially viable as well.

Hard to explain but it used to be a very family orientated sport where we all knew and looked out for each other - today everyone is just a number who's value is determined by how much coin the corporate machine can shake out of you.

Admittedly, things had to change and without the current setup we'd have nothing - but it's all just so sterile and lifeless now that I would be lucky to watch 10mins of it a year let alone turn up to meetings.

How people can be loyal to a team / brand these days is beyond me when the cars are all practically identical apart from the badge on the grill.

I can remember seeing E49 vs GTHO vs Monaro vs XU1 - that was racing.

We should also remember that it was also corporate types who played a big part in closing down so many of our tracks over the past 40 years as well.

plague
04-07-2017, 03:30 PM
Without disagreeing with you about the old timey days I'll make a few points.

As a group, V8 drivers are by far the most marketable and accessible athletes in Australian sport (a mandated policy btw).

Agree on the 'level of racing'. As with any sport trying to achieve parity, the one team with 'an' advantage automatically has 'all' the advantage. (Sub in 'money' there also).

Newcastle is a great example of what they do right though.

Street tracks generally are 'bad' for racing (lack of overtaking etc). A better race for the purists could have been held elsewhere in the city area on wider roads with better opportunities for competition. But the visuals of the track around the beach. The access for fans to facilities, hotels, transport, and the appeal to corporate support, let alone how stunning it will look on TV meant that Newcastle CBD was the perfect option to have the race.

So what the V8's did was essentially sacrifice the purity of the race itself in order to enhance the whole sport.

I think that's pretty brilliant thinking, and I'm amiss to think it happens in any other sport on that level.

Smart people.

The Dunster
04-07-2017, 03:41 PM
The drivers were always accessible - probably more so in the past than they are today - simply because the drivers in the early 1980's out numbered the spectators.

q-money
04-07-2017, 04:11 PM
how many slabs can you bury in the park at newy beach before the constabulary get wind of it?

plague
04-07-2017, 04:13 PM
The drivers were always accessible - probably more so in the past than they are today - simply because the drivers in the early 1980's out numbered the spectators.

Oh yeah but I was comparing them to modern day 'football' players who just don't seem to understand the role of media in promoting the sport.

Yes there 'exceptions' in each code but as a whole I'd rate them all pretty poorly.

plague
04-07-2017, 04:14 PM
how many slabs can you bury in the park at newy beach before the constabulary get wind of it?

Find yo self a mate with an apartment on track.

Old Warren Smith will be combing those beaches nice and early to scoop up any contraband.

Jetmaster
04-07-2017, 04:33 PM
What has this V8 love got to do with rugby league?

The Dunster
04-07-2017, 05:08 PM
Oh yeah but I was comparing them to modern day 'football' players who just don't seem to understand the role of media in promoting the sport.

Yes there 'exceptions' in each code but as a whole I'd rate them all pretty poorly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKZHbGszZDQ

plague
04-07-2017, 05:12 PM

footy sux

WolfMan
04-07-2017, 05:25 PM

I dunno.... I once "outsmarted" the NYE regiment by walking around past where the Grain Store is now, and dropping my esky over the other side of the railing into a garden bed.

Proceeded to get pummelled by about 8x teenage boys later in the evening, good times

hawk
05-07-2017, 09:55 PM

Hmmmm join the dots. simple cunce can rejoice all in one town

MFKS
09-07-2017, 08:26 PM
Anyone catch the Drugby League game today??

Wonder how many dead Knights fans there will be after that effort

**** I think they have raised the bar and Bert Boogaard and the boys need to step up

Gee that will take some topping even for us

Tommyjet
09-07-2017, 09:08 PM
Anyone catch the Drugby League game today??

Wonder how many dead Knights fans there will be after that effort

**** I think they have raised the bar and Bert Boogaard and the boys need to step up

Gee that will take some topping even for us

I dont watch much league but watching the end 20 minutes or so of that game it just felt like i, like many others, knew the knights would find a way to lose that game

plague
09-07-2017, 09:13 PM
I dont watch much league but watching the end 20 minutes or so of that game it just felt like i, like many others, knew the knights would find a way to lose that game

I don't watch Rugby League except I just happen to be watching when it's time to laugh about something to do with it.

MFKS
10-07-2017, 06:30 PM

Reminded me of that game in Brisvegas where the Gypos choked in the final 4 mins or the 99 UCL final where Bayern imploded in Injury Time after dominating the game

boz-monaut
10-07-2017, 07:18 PM
what sort of plastic fan thinks that a game of rapist ball bears any resembelence to one of the greatest miracles of all time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X1aaFyNBMg

absolute disc race

Griff would be rolling in his new swimming pool

Bon
19-07-2017, 09:38 AM

Find yo self a mate with an apartment on track.

Old Warren Smith will be combing those beaches nice and early to scoop up any contraband.

How many you need me to "store"?

Jetmaster
26-07-2017, 02:22 PM
So just got my letter from Wests about taking over the Knights. After rambling how great the move is and that Wests "recommends" members support the resolution You are told to attend any West club in the next two weeks and vote "Yes".

How the f&*^ do you vote "no"?

Doesn't say and doesn't say what numbers are required either - fix!

Jeterpool
26-07-2017, 02:26 PM
So just got my letter from Wests about taking over the Knights. After rambling how great the move is and that Wests "recommends" members support the resolution You are told to attend any West club in the next two weeks and vote "Yes".

Dodgy dodgy dodgy.

I look forward to attending my local club to vote.

StannyCFCJET
26-07-2017, 04:58 PM

Why would you vote no? There is no benefit from voting no and like or not Newcastle needs to Knights, Their fans have had it worse then we have had I reckon and the Knights deserve the chance to start fresh like we are doing with Mr Lee

MFKS
26-07-2017, 06:23 PM
Why would you vote no? There is no benefit from voting no and like or not Newcastle needs to Knights, Their fans have had it worse then we have had I reckon and the Knights deserve the chance to start fresh like we are doing with Mr Lee

What do you mean they have it worse??

They may have had 3 shit years on the trot but dont forget they made the playoffs in the last 5 years and got some wins and made it to a GF qualifier

At least their fans had the dream of winning it all

When the **** have we even got close to making the ****ing semis seriously???

StannyCFCJET
26-07-2017, 06:39 PM
What do you mean they have it worse??

They may have had 3 shit years on the trot but dont forget they made the playoffs in the last 5 years and got some wins and made it to a GF qualifier

At least their fans had the dream of winning it all

When the **** have we even got close to making the ****ing semis seriously???

Theve been shit for longer then that. Bennet had one fluke season. Not to mention theve won like 3 games in 3 seasons or something like that

Jetmaster
27-07-2017, 12:57 PM
Why would you vote no?

Because of the title of this thread.

I have no time for the Knights, their moronic old fans, their drug culture, their "we own this city" attitude, their "we wuz robbed" whining when they lose and their inability to sort themselves out without saying they were wrong. And because of them we lost our colours.

Wests can do better - I would vote "yes" for an entirely new NRL franchise in Newcastle. The old one has too much baggage.

The Dunster
27-07-2017, 01:06 PM
The only people that go to Wests are fat chicks and blokes to lazy to have a wank.

MFKS
27-07-2017, 01:15 PM
The only people that go to Wests are fat chicks and blokes to lazy to have a wank.

Harsh but fair

StannyCFCJET
27-07-2017, 01:15 PM

Or people that want cheap drinks without all the gronks you meet in town

The Dunster
27-07-2017, 05:59 PM
Or people that want cheap drinks without all the gronks you meet in town

You don't have fridge in the caravan ?

skippy
27-07-2017, 06:23 PM

Need to bring back grab a granny downstairs.

MFKS
27-07-2017, 07:02 PM
Need to bring back grab a granny downstairs.

Actually what needs to come back at West's is what they used to have at the joint in town when it was the Workers Club in the 90s on a Saturday night

World's Biggest Disco

Or the jump club

Everyone got a start in there

Jetmaster
29-07-2017, 10:37 AM
Dodgy dodgy dodgy.

I look forward to attending my local club to vote.

So, reading the Herald this morning you can vote no, but how they decide the result is clear as mud.

* You must attend a club to vote personally and must live in the region (that's over half the members gone already).
* Knights fans can vote if they stump up $12 on the day to join.
* There is no members forum or debate beforehand (remember the Hunter Mariners rallies?)
* There is no set percentage for a result - that will be decided AFTER the vote is in and depends on the numbers
* Yet to decide what a "non-vote" means!

Sounds like a Jets job....bizarrely Wests look like they want to push this though quietly. Can see it getting up 3000 to 2000 and 90,000 members not voting.

The Dunster
29-07-2017, 11:17 AM
How will Wests taking over the Knights affect the Jets with respect to the stadium ?

Jetmaster
07-08-2017, 12:06 PM
How will Wests taking over the Knights affect the Jets with respect to the stadium ?

Shouldn't matter - both clubs are tenants of the government.

Jeterpool
07-08-2017, 12:18 PM
* There is no set percentage for a result - that will be decided AFTER the vote is in and depends on the numbers

That's the bit that worries me.

I did vote "Yes", despite thinking I was going to vote "No". My logic was that though I'm not a fan at all of the sport, it makes their fans happy going and watching the team. If it were the Jets in this position, I'd want people to vote Yes because I think Wests will make them a success.

Jeterpool
07-08-2017, 12:19 PM
Shouldn't matter - both clubs are tenants of the government.

Yes - you're right. It would depend on the terms of the contract each party has for the rental.

plague
07-08-2017, 12:46 PM
That's the bit that worries me.

I did vote "Yes", despite thinking I was going to vote "No". My logic was that though I'm not a fan at all of the sport, it makes their fans happy going and watching the team. If it were the Jets in this position, I'd want people to vote Yes because I think Wests will make them a success.

But isn't the public vote just an indicator of whether the club 'should' be interested or not?

I was under the impression if the board gives it the ok then it goes ahead.

Jeterpool
07-08-2017, 12:54 PM
But isn't the public vote just an indicator of whether the club 'should' be interested or not?

I was under the impression if the board gives it the ok then it goes ahead.

They have the power to just approve it. I think the vote is just a consultation exercise - which doesn't mean consensus and they can do what they want regardless.

plague
07-08-2017, 01:36 PM
They have the power to just approve it. I think the vote is just a consultation exercise - which doesn't mean consensus and they can do what they want regardless.

Yeah that's what I thought.
Such a cowardly process.
People love having the name tags and title on the resume but the second it comes to making a big decision with consequences on all sides they all of a sudden don't wanna be the boss anymore.

Macca
07-08-2017, 01:41 PM
Did someone say plebiscite?

plague
07-08-2017, 01:47 PM

Yup

Bon
07-08-2017, 01:48 PM

You got the first four letters right for them..

MFKS
07-08-2017, 02:37 PM
Yeah that's what I thought.
Such a cowardly process.
People love having the name tags and title on the resume but the second it comes to making a big decision with consequences on all sides they all of a sudden don't wanna be the boss anymore.

But purchasing the NRL side isn't really the core business of West's

It a loss making activity

If they going to do it for public goodwill etc

At least run it past the members

That way they can't say they weren't consulted

plague
07-08-2017, 03:34 PM

It a loss making activity

Man oh man you got so much wrong in such a short space good job good effort.

plague
07-08-2017, 04:11 PM
On another note I actually went to the Knights game on the weekend.
Hadn't been to a game in years.
Just under 12k there.
Man o man have things changed. Nothing like I remember it as a kid.

Jeterpool
07-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Just under 12k there.

For better or for worse? I think the last game I went to was prior to my wedding - so I'd say around 6 years ago.

StannyCFCJET
07-08-2017, 05:09 PM
Just under 12k there.

Ive been to few at least the Knights players make up for lack of quality and skill with massive efforts every week. The Jerks could learn a few things

plague
07-08-2017, 05:52 PM
For better or for worse?

Atmosphere was way worse. Maybe it was crowd numbers, maybe it's the acoustics in the stadium.

The pre match stuff is just that same dude as the Jets shouting nonsense and they played terrible music over the PA during breaks which was a really poor attempt at an NFL type hype thing but was so poorly executed it wasn't funny.

However as Stanny said whenever the players got stuck in the crowd immediately responded. They celebrated scoring and obviously the win. Small things like Gagai hi fiving kids while running up the tunnel had people (mostly kids) amped up.

Oh and I know there's a section on here that always hated the NEWCASTLE chant, but man it got everyone involved every time it sparked up.

this is probably as low as the Knights will get yet we left there pretty happy they won. I was certainly pretty proud seeing those dudes get a win after everything they've been through.

The chance for the Jets to recapture what they had is also there, but they are still way behind the Knights in terms of community connection.

plague
07-08-2017, 05:55 PM
Also of note 1 kid and 1 manchild ticket in the western stand was over $70 I think. I find it interesting the NRL ticket prices don't ever 'seem' to matter. I know the Jets have always promoted the value of their tickets but maybe again, win some damn games and the rest will take care of itself.

MFKS
07-08-2017, 06:59 PM
Also of note 1 kid and 1 manchild ticket in the western stand was over $70 I think. I find it interesting the NRL ticket prices don't ever 'seem' to matter. I know the Jets have always promoted the value of their tickets but maybe again, win some damn games and the rest will take care of itself.

That being said the walk up prices to HEAL games though are obscene really

To watch the Jets on the road some of the prices you pay I just cringe when I see it

We getting arse raped in the park anyway so being charged top dollar to see it is adding insult to injury

MFKS
07-08-2017, 07:00 PM
Man oh man you got so much wrong in such a short space good job good effort.

No I got it spot on

It just good PR on the boards side to run it past the moron members so it all sweet when shit turns sour and the Knights are deemed a basket case that even West's can't make work

plague
07-08-2017, 08:05 PM
No I got it spot on

OK, lets go through it.

Wests was literally set up to promote and fund the growth and administration of Rugby League in the Hunter. Thats their own words. Also, from Wests point of view there is no 'purchase', its a 'takeover'. Those are two very very different terms. Also, the Wests group propaganda on the takeover states that they believe the increase in NRL funding kicking in from next year will see the Knights immediately break even at an operational level, and thats without any projected revenue increases from sponsorship, gate takings etc.

It a loss making activity Ok, so as a Leagues Club Wests cant 'make' money. Any profit earned has to be reinvested in the community. Wests original aim being Rugby League means it would make sense to invest that profit into a rugby league team. So any dollar made form their 'money making ventures' be it pokies gym or restaurants HAS to then be sent to a 'loss making' venture in order to balance the books. Wests is literally involved in dozens of 'loss making' ventures.

The process is that the board has to rubber stamp it, then it gets voted on by the members. Any major decision from the board HAS to be ratified. So they HAVE to consult (like they did paying $15m on the Workers club, or the $6m they are contemplating bailing out Belmont Sporties for......oh hang on is that Wests dealing with a loss making venture say it aint so). This idea of 'get the members to vote' then 'go to the board' then 'get the members to vote' is unecessary and a cop out.

that was my point.
and it was right.

and you, once again, are terribly wrong.

good day.

boz-monaut
07-08-2017, 09:47 PM
Craig Izzard, former rugby league player, now corrupt illegal dumping official

just when you were wondering what crime an NRL player would get charged with next

Jetmaster
08-08-2017, 08:58 AM
13,000 out of 120,000 Wests members voted.

Once the Knights Nannas and their ilk were allowed to join for a day and vote it was pretty pointless. The rest couldn't be arsed.

Jeterpool
08-08-2017, 09:11 AM
13,000 out of 120,000 Wests members voted.

Once the Knights Nannas and their ilk were allowed to join for a day and vote it was pretty pointless. The rest couldn't be arsed.

To only allow the vote to happen for 1 week and voting to ONLY occur in person at the club was rather limiting.

93% is lower than I expected. But as has been said, it was just an exercise to say they "consulted the opinion of fans" and no percentage determined to say whether it would/wouldn't proceed. They were always going to go ahead, and I suspect this also contributed to the low numbers.

I wonder if their colours will be changed...

Jetmaster
08-08-2017, 09:16 AM
They were always going to go ahead, and I suspect this also contributed to the low numbers.

It was obvious after day one and all the fanfare that this was going through - I couldn't be bothered driving 40kms during the work week to vote tbh.

Had the vote been 93% against they would have then called on the fact that most didn't vote.

q-money
08-08-2017, 10:30 AM
bring back the little horses in the sports bar you spineless cowards

Jeterpool
08-08-2017, 11:42 AM

THIS x 1000!!!!

And the odds wheel. Used to love the guys that would sit there and write down the order trying to identify a pattern :rof:

plague
08-08-2017, 12:06 PM

Celebrating a win as your horse bolts 6 lengths clear only to have it stop 2 inches from the line and get swamped by the field was a rite of passage for all Newy youth.

No coincidence that since the horses were taken away terrorist attacks have skyrocketed.

Jeterpool
08-09-2017, 06:54 PM
Top story on FoxSport is "the real reason why tallis bashed Ross".

I'm sorry, but isn't that considered assault? It comes a cross as a pre-meditated act to assault a persob.

plague
08-09-2017, 07:19 PM
Top story on FoxSport is "the real reason why tallis bashed Ross".

I'm sorry, but isn't that considered assault?

nah, bloke prob def deserved it. might have looked at him funny or scored a try 3 years earlier or something.

to be fair the absolute worst humans ever with this stuff are baseball players.
they solve personal grudges by hurling a baseball 100mph at a defenseless head.

sport is so dumb

boz-monaut
28-09-2017, 08:45 PM
Macklemore will get booed when he sings "Same Love" at this rapist fest over the weekend

plague
28-09-2017, 08:52 PM
Macklemore will get booed when he sings "Same Love" at this rapist fest over the weekend

not at the game he wont.
they'll def drag a 'tweet' or some such shit from some knuckle dragger out in society and act like its the consensus.
then the usual suspects will weigh in and away we go for the off season.

plague
28-09-2017, 08:53 PM
its actually like all the kerfuffle in the NFL at the moment with the Trump stuff.

the NFL are LOVING it, no matter how much they pretend otherwise.

MFKS
28-09-2017, 09:50 PM
its actually like all the kerfuffle in the NFL at the moment with the Trump stuff.

the NFL are LOVING it, no matter how much they pretend otherwise.

It actually distracting from the fact that in their big week they can't sell out their big day

Of course they loving the distraction

plague
28-09-2017, 11:05 PM
It actually distracting from the fact that in their big week they can't sell out their big day

Of course they loving the distraction

amen.

NRL HQ praying rednecks are buying tix just to boo the white boy rapper.

The Dunster
28-09-2017, 11:46 PM
Who the **** is Macklemore ?

ffs just went on youtube - add this prick to the list alongide Kanye and all the other piss poor Curtis Mayfield impersonators .

Jetmaster
29-09-2017, 09:15 AM
Who the **** is Macklemore ?

ffs just went on youtube - add this prick to the list alongide Kanye and all the other piss poor Curtis Mayfield impersonators .

No idea either - don't know where he is from our what he sings - and the NRL of course don't seem to realise the majority of the crowd will also have no idea.

Like it or lump it, at least a third of that crowd will not be voting yes according to the polls and stunts like this disengage those people and push the fencesitters who don't like being preached to. I'm with Sam Newman - leave the footy finals out of this and just let people tick their boxes.

belchardo
29-09-2017, 09:19 AM
No idea either - don't know where he is from our what he sings - and the NRL of course don't seem to realise the majority of the crowd will also have no idea.

Like it or lump it, at least a third of that crowd will not be voting yes according to the polls and stunts like this disengage those people and push the fencesitters who don't like being preached to. I'm with Sam Newman - leave the footy finals out of this and just let people tick their boxes.

stunts? he would have been booked months ago, long before we were having a national opinion poll.

MonkeyKplunk
29-09-2017, 09:28 AM
stunts? he would have been booked months ago, long before we were having a national opinion poll.

Agreed.
Being a part of the entertainment booking industry, this would have been booked close to 6 months ago.
It's not something you can just organise last minute

hawk
30-09-2017, 06:14 PM
lol nrl ent always falls apart. rock on Billy mute man

MFKS
01-10-2017, 08:01 PM
This white rapper is complete garbage

Where they find this clown??

pv4
01-10-2017, 08:24 PM
This white rapper is complete garbage

Where they find this clown??

Equality for all m8

fozphantom
01-10-2017, 10:03 PM
Go the Cap cheats
:brrr:

Jeterpool
01-10-2017, 10:19 PM
Go the Cap cheats

This is a jets forum mate. I'm sure there's one for the Glory but all supporters are welcome.

fozphantom
02-10-2017, 01:29 PM
Go the Cap cheats

This is a jets forum mate. I'm sure there's one for the Glory but all supporters are welcome.

i was taking the piss out of Storm actually.
cap cheating isn't restricted to just one code u know...

Jeterpool
02-10-2017, 02:54 PM

:facepalm:

furns
02-10-2017, 08:46 PM
Lol, sarcasm mate

hawk
02-10-2017, 10:35 PM
Equality for all m8

You can dislike music without of bringingretarded politcs into it. btw he is a douche

Jetmaster
25-10-2017, 08:47 AM
One of sports great non-events is on again...

leftrightout
25-10-2017, 10:17 AM
One of sports great non-events is on again...

And we thought the advertising for the A-league was bad this year. I didn't even know the world cup was on or in Australia!
Such a sad thing that they have to attempt to do this!

MFKS
25-10-2017, 11:50 AM
The fact that they are holding it is actually the best part of the joke

If I was a RL fan I would be insulted that they just don't kill the concept

It like celebrating getting Aids with a big party

It isn't relevant at all in the grand scheme of things behind Origin NRL Tests etc

Players even treat it is a farce too

Jetmaster
25-10-2017, 12:17 PM
The odd thing is that they had a four nations last year - surely you just give the World Cup to the winner there and then.

If the players were actually all coming here representing their countries it might not be so bad but many of these teams are based on NRL players and their heritage. Some haven't even been to the country they represent!

Grimario
25-10-2017, 02:28 PM
My favourite part is you can chop and change which country your represent any time you want. The number of defectees to Tonga or Samoa or whatever it is is laughable.

plague
25-10-2017, 02:38 PM
You blokes all gonna be eating humble pie when China plays the USA in the final in a few years a bloke told me the sport is massive over there like a sleeping giant or something.

Jeterpool
25-10-2017, 02:40 PM
You blokes all gonna be eating humble pie when China plays the USA in the final in a few years a bloke told me the sport is massive over there like a sleeping giant or something.

Posted in wrong thread - here you go

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/showthread.php?95-Disc-Golf&p=176192#post176192

The Dunster
25-10-2017, 02:43 PM
They hype up a match between two states where the criteria for eligibility to a state is laughable at best in terms of what "origin" means.

The world cup concept just confirms the madness.

Jetmaster
25-10-2017, 06:54 PM

I'm doing business in China now - believe me, they don't give a rats about eggball games. A soon as I say I'm from Newcastle 80% of them say "Joe Griffith".

hawk
25-10-2017, 08:13 PM

Not wrong. Billy Wanga, Cooper Sonk and Cameron Sing will carve up.

Im feeling very USA atm ill play with them this year.

MFKS
25-10-2017, 08:36 PM
I'm doing business in China now - believe me, they don't give a rats about eggball games. A soon as I say I'm from Newcastle 80% of them say "Joe Griffith".

So any of them bring up the Ledman/ Martin Lee connection ??

plague
25-10-2017, 09:47 PM

the **** is wrong with the other 20%?

plague
25-10-2017, 09:48 PM
Im feeling very USA atm ill play with them this year.

just call chips french fries and you make the train on squad.

MFKS
26-10-2017, 07:43 PM
**** on channel 3 news just said tomorrow's game is one of the biggest in the lives for the Aussie players

FMD try talking it up

I sure the druggos playing in Origin games and grand finals etc and not getting to play into the Mickey mouse tourney are devestated they not playing in this game

hawk
29-10-2017, 03:20 PM
World cup? In what?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/01/27/23/30A4526700000578-3420071-image-a-135_1453936280651.jpg

The Dunster
29-10-2017, 03:40 PM
World cup? In what?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/01/27/23/30A4526700000578-3420071-image-a-135_1453936280651.jpg

He'd be very popular in German porn.

plague
17-11-2017, 04:40 PM
so far we seem to have had a great world cup.
- Brawls in the streets for days in Auckland
- italian players beating crap out of each other
- couple of scots sent home for being shitfaced before a team flight.
- oh and a players wife just got sentenced to 8 months jail for defrauding centrelink for 50k

The Dunster
17-11-2017, 04:42 PM
- oh and a players wife just got sentenced to 8 months jail for defrauding centrelink for 50k

So nothing out of the ordinary then?

pv4
17-11-2017, 04:44 PM
the **** is wrong with the other 20%?

Inquiry required

plague
17-11-2017, 04:46 PM
Inquiry required

firing squad IMO

q-money
17-11-2017, 04:55 PM

deadset the greatest game on the planet

plague
17-11-2017, 07:27 PM
deadset the greatest game on the planet

The live sites in Peking and Bombay have been cranking from what I’ve read.

Jeterpool
17-11-2017, 08:00 PM
Is it still going?

plague
17-11-2017, 08:14 PM
Is it still going?

just warming up mate.

they are playing in Darwin tonight obviously because no stadiums in sydney and melbourne could fit the crowd in.

lquiquer
17-11-2017, 09:20 PM
just warming up mate.

they are playing in Darwin tonight obviously because no stadiums in sydney and melbourne could fit the crowd in.

Why are they playing in PNG?... doesn't make sense

plague
24-11-2017, 12:57 AM
all that talk about Joey getting immortal status for taking a few pills but they forgot to screen the bloke that fiddled with a few kiddies back in the day.

greatest game of all apparently

The Dunster
24-11-2017, 10:05 AM
all that talk about Joey getting immortal status for taking a few pills but they forgot to screen the bloke that fiddled with a few kiddies back in the day.

greatest game of all apparently

There has been rumours for years about another high profile / former great as well still involved in the game.

Whether or not there is any substance to it is another thing altogether.

In Langlands case he's not long for the world anyway nor is he capable of defending the charges against him.
As for the victims it's difficult to imagine how anything could ever ease their pain and suffering.
Especially when it takes 30 years or so for action to be taken.

hawk
14-02-2018, 10:42 PM
Parramatta Eels recruit Tony Williams has been fined $1000 and had his driver's licence suspended for 12 months by a Sydney magistrate for being "shockingly intoxicated" while driving with three children in the car.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/shame-on-you-magistrate-tells-nrl-player-tony-williams-after-court-appearance-20180214-h0w2bs.html

"but im bigger than the world"

Jetmaster
15-02-2018, 06:25 PM
So over this...another wrap on the knuckles.

Many years ago I was waiting for a chinese takeaway at a Kahibah restaurant. An extremely high profile Knights player staggered in, shirt untucked, to pick up his takeway. His wife and toddler in tow.

Obviously pissed as a nit, he proceeded to collect his order and go back to his car. His wife got in the back seat and he strapped the two year old in the FRONT seat, then got behind the wheel and slowly drove off.

I often wonder what could have happened...and such was his profile any cop pulling him over would have let him off with an autograph.

That changed my outlook on league boys forever....no thought for his family at all let alone others driving at the time.
One of the most bizarre experiences of my life.

Jetmaster
15-02-2018, 06:30 PM
And the stupid part of Williams story....his lawyer asked for his license to be reinstated so he could get to training ffs.

halo se7en
16-02-2018, 12:35 PM
And the stupid part of Williams story....his lawyer asked for his license to be reinstated so he could get to training ffs.

Obviously not league, but I remember Bernard Tomic got done years a few years ago for speeding. He lost his licence because he was already on a good behaviour period after previous traffic fines... then he proceeded to have a big cry because he wouldn't be able to get to tennis practice.

boz-monaut
05-03-2018, 09:01 PM
holy shit, I just saw a thing on 7:30 on Matthew Lodge

bloke broke into a families home in New York and assulted the homeowners, not to mention a domestic violence conviction

now after jail and not paying the full compensation to the family, he's signed for the Brisbane Broncos, who say he's a good bloke because he's good at footy ay

you really think they can't get worse and then this sort of thing comes up time and time again

plague
05-03-2018, 10:10 PM
holy shit, I just saw a thing on 7:30 on Matthew Lodge

bloke broke into a families home in New York and assulted the homeowners, not to mention a domestic violence conviction

now after jail and not paying the full compensation to the family, he's signed for the Brisbane Broncos, who say he's a good bloke because he's good at footy ay

you really think they can't get worse and then this sort of thing comes up time and time again

you are being nice and have given the most PG rated version of events.
anyone reading this post please go check out the detail on it. its beyond belief.

and from my understanding he has yet to pay ANY of the compo, let alone all of it.

there have been parallels made to a bloke named Russell Packer (footy head, beat a bloke up, went to jail, now back playing footy).
the one thing ill defend on that bloke was he served his time, showed genuine remorse and 'deserves' another chance to make a living.

this Lodge bloke has done nothing of the sort. How the hell this hasnt had sponsors/media/fans completely up in arms is a pretty sad indictment on the game of rugby league.

legit, a bloke who pretended to **** a dog, another who pissed his pants and another who pissed on his own face were run out of the game, this bloke threatens to kill a family then beats piss out of someone else just skates.

bizarre, cant wait for the lolz during 'women in league round'.

parksey
05-03-2018, 10:11 PM
yeah it's an absolute disgrace

plague
05-03-2018, 11:41 PM
oh and Lodge already has domestic violence charges against his girlfriend and a drink driving charge in his past.

But just like those Wanderers fans, hes cleaned up his act and is getting his life back in order...............right up until the next ****up.

Jetmaster
06-03-2018, 08:56 AM
legit, a bloke who pretended to **** a dog, another who pissed his pants and another who pissed on his own face were run out of the game, this bloke threatens to kill a family then beats piss out of someone else just skates.

The dog rooter is now Knights captain - we now have some serious ethical ammo as the city's nice guys and family entertainers.

Retro Jet
06-03-2018, 10:46 AM
Rugby League will never emulate the atmosphere and passion witnessed on Saturday night...
That's why we love 'The Beautiful Game'.

StannyCFCJET
06-03-2018, 07:04 PM
I love my Rugby League not as much as Football but It's still great. Sure we have dickhead players but so does every code of sport

Jetmaster
07-03-2018, 10:41 AM
I love my Rugby League not as much as Football but It's still great. Sure we have dickhead players but so does every code of sport

It's not what it was. I used to go down every couple of weekends to watch the big games in Sydney and absolutely loved it. It was tough, semi-professional and you could tell the difference between a half back and a prop forward. Scrums were a genuine battle for possession, and the "bomb" was used as shock tactic. Apart from when Hollywood Hartley reffed there was little controversy and there were "real" fights that were forgotten about soon after. Amazingly entertaining.

Then came Super League and the new professional, a lack of brain matter plus alcohol plus whatever supplements they take is a bad cocktail. Whereas many football clubs overseas allow their players to have private parties to keep the dickheads behind closed doors, these nut jobs are let loose in public. Every year there are several NRL player drug/alcohol/violence scandals but these guys are given "counselling" and told to get back out and play footy.

What finally did me was the Coffs Harbour scandal - I knew one of the guys on the case. The girl was paid off and two high profile players (one who is an "ornament" to the game) should both still be in the slammer for what they did to her.

I haven't watched a game since and guys like Lodge with all their veiled apologies make me sick - NRL fans who fall for all that stuff deserve the game.

q-money
07-03-2018, 11:15 AM
the bloke's a piece of shit no doubt, but how do these yanks expect to get their compensation if this bloke isn't playing rugby league?

they'll be waiting a hell of a lot longer if he goes back to crushing rocks etc

hawk
07-03-2018, 08:25 PM
I love low grubs who play and support Rugby League because we're morons. I like making excuses about other sports that are nowhere near as bad

Glad you finally worked it out. gutgw

Buddha
10-03-2018, 08:55 AM
Anybody else watch the Knights last night? Nuh neither did I they're all fkwits

plague
10-03-2018, 09:54 AM
Funny part was, for all the ‘excitement’ over the win, the football itself was very drab and boring. Everyone is conceding that Melbourne’s style is the only style.
Now this won’t matter while ever they get those wins, but if they hit a flat spot then things might get interesting.

Buddha
10-03-2018, 10:26 AM
I didn’t expect much considering all the new players etc. just glad to see the kents have a dig and stand up in Defence finally

StannyCFCJET
10-03-2018, 12:37 PM
Funny part was, for all the ‘excitement’ over the win, the football itself was very drab and boring. Everyone is conceding that Melbourne’s style is the only style.
Now this won’t matter while ever they get those wins, but if they hit a flat spot then things might get interesting.

Yeah nah Parra play the most exciting football in the league and have a good side that wins games. Not everyone needs to copy the storm to win

Jetmaster
10-03-2018, 03:33 PM
Stick to the thread people....you want a thread to talk positive about eggball start one.

Plague started this one in 2012 with "boofheads, discuss".

Already today have bogans seeing me in a Jets polo going "carn da Nites"...ffs.

Buddha
11-03-2018, 10:10 AM
Get em back the 10
Doing it all daaaaay
Get em onsiiiiide

That better?

hawk
11-03-2018, 02:01 PM
Bogans going all ape over bully ball. Its over

hawk
11-03-2018, 02:02 PM
Get em back the 10
Doing it all daaaaay
Get em onsiiiiide

That better?

givem aids and fk em off. thats better. egg ball is for cunce

plague
11-03-2018, 11:58 PM
mongs

StannyCFCJET
18-03-2018, 06:48 PM
More like Why are Parramatta shit

hawk
28-03-2018, 09:23 PM
rising star Dylan Phythian was sacked by the club following a second positive drug test.

oops. another accident. Supporters must be so proud

boz-monaut
28-03-2018, 09:28 PM
earlier in this thread I posed the question of what new crimes rugby league grubs would be charged with this season

smuggling wildlife isn't one I think many people would ahve expected but there you go

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/ex-nrl-player-martin-kennedy-pleads-guilty-over-his-role-in-a-wildlife-smuggling-ring-20180327-p4z6hr.html

what other crimes can they commit?

belchardo
28-03-2018, 09:52 PM
there's a good few in here...

https://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/#/view/act/1900/40/full

i like the odds of Clause 32 - "Impeding endeavours to escape shipwreck"

Pakerson
11-04-2018, 01:46 AM
earlier in this thread I posed the question of what new crimes rugby league grubs would be charged with this season

smuggling wildlife isn't one I think many people would ahve expected but there you go

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/ex-nrl-player-martin-kennedy-pleads-guilty-over-his-role-in-a-wildlife-smuggling-ring-20180327-p4z6hr.html

what other crimes can they commit?

You can't make this stuff up, man. Those guys have too much free time lol.

belchardo
17-04-2018, 10:03 PM
https://www.theroar.com.au/tv/yep-the-arlc-chairman-has-made-another-embarrassing-gaffe/

i don't think i need to say anything really.

Jetmaster
18-04-2018, 01:43 PM
https://www.theroar.com.au/tv/yep-the-arlc-chairman-has-made-another-embarrassing-gaffe/

i don't think i need to say anything really.

The stupid thing about this nickname mania over the last 10 years is the community bit has vanished. Rugby started it - I have no idea what country the "Stormers" or "Highlanders" are from, let alone what city.

Eastern Suburbs, Canterbury, St George and Balmain are all vanishing because of the franchisation of the game.

That is a great advantage of being called "Sydney FC" - you can't be anywhere else.

hawk
08-05-2018, 07:17 PM
North Queensland front-rower Scott Bolton has fought back tears as he addressed an allegation of indecent assault levelled at him following a night out in Bondi.

I would ask that you respect the privacy of my wife and my family who are supporting me through this difficult time."
Bolton was granted conditional bail and is due to appear in Waverley Local Court on June 19.
resshttps://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/bolton-fights-back-tears-as-he-addes-indecent-assault-charge-20180508-p4ze16.html

Big cry and respect my privacy after being an asshole. How can you like these grubs. Supporters must be fkd in the head.

belchardo
08-05-2018, 09:07 PM
Big cry and respect my privacy after being an asshole. How can you like these grubs. Supporters must be fkd in the head.

to be fair, he was asking them to respect the privacy of his wife and family.

Bremsstrahlung
09-05-2018, 07:17 AM
Really makes me wonder sometimes.
1. I can understand people see them as an easy target. If I rile them up, I can make the news or get some hush money. If I can sleep with him blah blah, if I can lead him on blah blah.
2. If you know you are in that position, which to be fair does require some self reflection and awareness of your surrounds, you don’t want to put yourself in any unforgiving circumstance.
3. How does one think it’s a good idea, or that they won’t be caught, when they presumably use that high profile to garner attention.
4. How do you go home to your wife and children and say, “so dear, they may be some story tomorrow about me harrassing another female. Don’t worry though, this isn’t like examples 1-100 who turns out they were guilty, I didn’t do anything.”
5. The press conference afterwards. “I’m deeply sorry and accept full responsibility for the actions I lied about occurring.”

You make your choices.

plague
09-05-2018, 11:46 AM
5. The press conference afterwards. “I’m deeply sorry and accept full responsibility for the actions I lied about occurring.”

I just find it amazing they are only ever sorry for their actions 'after' they are caught.

Never 'before'.

The Dunster
09-05-2018, 01:02 PM
Really makes me wonder sometimes.
1. I can understand people see them as an easy target. If I rile them up, I can make the news or get some hush money. If I can sleep with him blah blah, if I can lead him on blah blah.
2. If you know you are in that position, which to be fair does require some self reflection and awareness of your surrounds, you don’t want to put yourself in any unforgiving circumstance.
3. How does one think it’s a good idea, or that they won’t be caught, when they presumably use that high profile to garner attention.
4. How do you go home to your wife and children and say, “so dear, they may be some story tomorrow about me harrassing another female. Don’t worry though, this isn’t like examples 1-100 who turns out they were guilty, I didn’t do anything.”

You make your choices.

4. I take it you haven't met too many Rugby League players wives ? They tend to be very forgiving when their lifestyle and bank balance are at stake. Those implants, Botox, and collagen injections aren't free either.

boz-monaut
22-06-2018, 09:16 PM
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/report-finds-spike-in-family-violence-rate-in-nsw-during-state-of-origin-20180621-h11o2k.html

State of Origin provokes family violence in NSW, says report

MFKS
22-06-2018, 11:51 PM
Interesting they have State of Origin on this Sunday night

I didnt know it was on for some reason

Must be a big event on or something because it aint getting much publicity

plague
22-06-2018, 11:59 PM
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/report-finds-spike-in-family-violence-rate-in-nsw-during-state-of-origin-20180621-h11o2k.html

State of Origin provokes family violence in NSW, says report

Greg Chromatic
13 HOURS AGO
Any spike in violence towards women during ramadan?

Florence from Firenze
15 HOURS AGO
Simple: don't have the State of Origin on Wednesdays.

gotta hear both sides TBH........

Jetmaster
23-06-2018, 01:43 PM
The "violence" would probably be more of your "rolling pin" type from frustrated wives and partners not getting any help or attention round the house!

boz-monaut
23-06-2018, 02:08 PM
nothing to do with the toxic masculinity and watching big, stupid, boofy blokes run into each other while you get on the piss

let's blame women for this too - just like it's their fault for walking home at night

MFKS
23-06-2018, 02:11 PM
nothing to do with the toxic masculinity and watching big, stupid, boofy blokes run into each other while you get on the piss

let's blame women for this too - just like it's their fault for walking home at night

Lets just blame the lack of intelligence and culture from the dumb ****ers who are attracted to this game

It aint like the sterotype of dumb bogan Bazza aint appropriate

plague
23-06-2018, 06:03 PM

the thing that befuddles me the most is that i can only assume that an overwhelming percentage of the sports 'fans' have NEVER played the game.

its always bizarre to me that people get this sense of 'superiority' because the sport they watch on tv is physically stronger than the sport 'you' watch on tv.

weird.

people get real defensive over an activity from which they are absolutely no part of.

MFKS
04-09-2018, 09:32 PM
Good work by the guys with front page headlines today

Why do they need to strip off and dance naked in a pub beats me

What is also baffling is why one of his teammates needs to grope his genitals whilst he is dancing

Some crazy guys involved in this game

Bremsstrahlung
04-09-2018, 09:52 PM
I remember a rugby league playing school acquaintance once telling me they all did “bird baths” on their Mad Monday.
I just don’t get it.
For all you peeps unaware, enjoy googling.

Bremsstrahlung
03-10-2018, 06:27 AM
Lol, Australian captain caught drink driving and speeding.

Also, an absolute blowup about dishonesty from the Rooters about Gronks injury, claiming open disclosure on injuries needs to be implemented as it’s a multi million dollar industry and betting etc. pretty amusing.
All season they want to add to the theatrics and news corps loved releasing an article every 2 hours in the week leading up to the GF about Gronks shoulder.
Also amusing that the guy played a grand final with a broken scapula and didn’t do very much at all, and people are labelling it the best and most heroic grand final performance.

plague
03-10-2018, 11:59 AM
Lol, Australian captain caught drink driving and speeding.

Also, an absolute blowup about dishonesty from the Rooters about Gronks injury, claiming open disclosure on injuries needs to be implemented as it’s a multi million dollar industry and betting etc. pretty amusing.
All season they want to add to the theatrics and news corps loved releasing an article every 2 hours in the week leading up to the GF about Gronks shoulder.
Also amusing that the guy played a grand final with a broken scapula and didn’t do very much at all, and people are labelling it the best and most heroic grand final performance.

I actually think the NRL handled the Inglis thing ok. Made a mistake, just like we all do in life, player owned up and paid the price. I always have way more sympathy for people getting DUI the next day, as opposed to driving whilst on the piss.

As for the injury blow up. Oh, I absolutely agree that it's a massive issue for commentators, supporters, gamblers and the like.

But **** em all.

Coach did what he could to give his team the best chance at winning.
I'm all for it.

The Dunster
03-10-2018, 07:31 PM
So people have no issue with an employer cutting your shifts because of a non-work related incident ?
We have laws to deal with drink driving - let those authorities handle it.
The NRL should stick to what they know best - rolling shit in glitter and calling it a sport.

MFKS
03-10-2018, 07:44 PM
So people have no issue with an employer cutting your shifts because of a non-work related incident ?
The NRL should stick to what they know best - rolling shit in glitter and calling it a sport.

But where is their consistency in response ??

They go ape shit at blokes peetending to have sex with a dog pissing in their mouth or dancing naked

Yet someone drives pissed and speeds and endangers the general public during school holiday period with his stupidity and they give him a slap on the wrist

Typical NRL incompetence really

belchardo
03-10-2018, 08:15 PM

i guess it would depend if i was a high-profile employee and my contract had a clause related to bringing my employer into disrepute.

plague
03-10-2018, 08:17 PM

whilst i understand the point of view that he wasnt 'at work', i think its been pointed out plenty of times that a players contract (at both a club and rep level) pretty much puts them 'at work' 24/7.

Now we can all argue that being at work 24/7 is a silly notion, but its part of selling your soul to the NRL devil.

Also, plenty of jobs these days make 'the boss' liable for incidents that take place when an employee is on their commute.
the definition of the 'workplace' is very very grey these days.

Jetmaster
03-10-2018, 09:10 PM
If you work for any business in Australia and do something illegal that is reported by the media, your job is in peril if it is known who you work for - simple IR.

Not just knuckle draggers.

The Dunster
04-10-2018, 11:47 AM
In the case of Inglis I'd like to know if it was an NRL partners / sponsors product Inglis was drinking and if so what actions will the NRL be taking with respect to that partnership / arrangement ?

Surely, the partnership needs to be terminated.

plague
13-12-2018, 09:24 PM
after the recent spate of domestic violence and sexual assault charges being laid against prominent players these last few weeks, the NRL announced that there will be TWO White ribbon rounds this season.

strong leadership IMHO.

evolution
20-02-2019, 05:04 PM
Knights COE construction underway. For some reason I thought this was being built at the southern end of the stadium but is going on the land next to the tenzo.

https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2019/02/20/centre-of-excellence-update/

StannyCFCJET
20-02-2019, 05:14 PM
Knights COE construction underway. For some reason I thought this was being built at the southern end of the stadium but is going on the land next to the tenzo.

https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2019/02/20/centre-of-excellence-update/

Do we get access

plague
20-02-2019, 05:38 PM
Do we get access

“As well as providing a world class rugby league training facility, the community will be able to make use of a planned 2.5-kilometre walking and cycle way around the site and outdoor gym facilities for recreational use,” said Minister Ayres.

Sure do buddy, on yer bike then.

StannyCFCJET
20-02-2019, 05:44 PM
Sure do buddy, on yer bike then.

HaHa I meant the Jerks

The Dunster
20-02-2019, 05:45 PM
2.5km cycling path ? Are they serious - I could manual that.

Jetmaster
20-02-2019, 09:31 PM
Knights announced they will stand down any of their players charged with rape or sexual assault.

How big of them.

plague
20-02-2019, 09:42 PM
Knights announced they will stand down any of their players charged with rape or sexual assault.

unless they announced that policy using a hashtag then its an empty threat.
everyone knows the only way to fix domestic violence is hashtags and ribbons.
stupid NRL.

Jetmaster
24-02-2019, 11:21 AM
unless they announced that policy using a hashtag then its an empty threat.
everyone knows the only way to fix domestic violence is hashtags and ribbons.
stupid NRL.

The attitude of their players union is pretty much..."pics or it didn't happen".

Jetmaster
04-03-2019, 08:57 PM
Excelled themselves....vids or it didn't happen.

Jetmaster
15-03-2019, 03:10 PM
Typical - "the boys are innocent, let em play footy" article.

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5954974/tony-butterfield-nrl-in-a-no-win-situation/?cs=13296

plague
15-03-2019, 03:56 PM
Typical - "the boys are innocent, let em play footy" article.

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5954974/tony-butterfield-nrl-in-a-no-win-situation/?cs=13296

i can absolutely understand both sides of this argument. not even sure how you can justify one stance or the other.

traffic light
21-03-2019, 08:02 PM
i can absolutely understand both sides of this argument. not even sure how you can justify one stance or the other.

hmmm so an embarrassed groupy may fib to to save face?

The Dunster
21-03-2019, 08:21 PM
100kg plus Blokes running at each other full speed for 80 mins seeking to either get past or inflict maximum damage upon their opponent.

Why is this appropriate behaviour on the field but not off the field ?

Violence is violence.

It's like trying to justify raping a prostitute.

Jetmaster
26-03-2019, 02:16 PM
Just throwing this out there...

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5973884/its-a-tragedy-knights-boss-speaks-after-jarrod-mullen-linked-to-drug-supply-investigation/?cs=13296

The Dunster
26-03-2019, 02:53 PM
It's very sad the Jarrod Mullen situation. No doubt he's made bad decisions but he's made those decisions within an environment the powers that be in Rugby League have created.
Clubs, Sponsors, and Media all have blood on their hands and throwing Mullen under the bus doesn't change their contribution to the Rugby League shit storm

plague
26-03-2019, 03:27 PM
i always saw the parallels between Mullen and Kantas situations.
im still amazed how 'well' Kanta has come out of all the disappointment and heartache that injuries and plain bad luck have cost him.
dude seems so well adjusted.
compare that to Mullen whos life seems to have gone to all depths of hell since he was injured.

now this isnt a simple 'soccer is better than footy' thing. but you gotta wonder what types of people/support they both had around them to get through all this stuff.

(and just to be clear, im not inferring Kanta had any drug issues, they were both young talents with the world at their feet and injuries have robbed them both of possibly an even more 'successful' career).

MFKS
26-03-2019, 04:06 PM
It's very sad the Jarrod Mullen situation. No doubt he's made bad decisions but he's made those decisions within an environment the powers that be in Rugby League have created.
Clubs, Sponsors, and Media all have blood on their hands and throwing Mullen under the bus doesn't change their contribution to the Rugby League shit storm

How much more help does he need??

It aint like NRL players aint given.ample amounts of education on how not to be a violent druggo rapist in society

The rest of society dont get this education yet somehow manage to work it out

The only one who needs to take responsibility here is Mullen
He has flushed his career/life down the drain with his own stupid decisions

When does the responsibility ever rest on an individual for their decisions??

plague
03-04-2019, 05:41 PM
They are having a Game of Thrones round.
https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/9e529d1f4f3aeab1169e94112fcad53a?width=1024

wack as all ****.

The Dunster
03-04-2019, 06:33 PM
How much more help does he need??

It aint like NRL players aint given.ample amounts of education on how not to be a violent druggo rapist in society

The rest of society dont get this education yet somehow manage to work it out

The only one who needs to take responsibility here is Mullen
He has flushed his career/life down the drain with his own stupid decisions

When does the responsibility ever rest on an individual for their decisions??

A professional athlete needs performance enhancing drugs to be competitive. Most regular folk have jobs / careers where they simply would get no benefit from them.
Mullens error was in entering a profession where drug use was a prerequisite for success.
The reason drugs are a prerequisite is pressure from the clubs, media, and the fans to perform at a level simply not achievable without them except perhaps by a very select few with the right DNA.

The half backs today would run over the top of front rowers from 40 years ago ffs.

Jetmaster
03-04-2019, 08:04 PM
Very true...30 years ago, fullbacks, centres, halves, hookers and props all had very different physiques to suit their position.

All cut from the same mould now.

StannyCFCJET
03-04-2019, 08:13 PM
Very true...30 years ago, fullbacks, centres, halves, hookers and props all had very different physiques to suit their position.

All cut from the same mould now.

Not really? Have you watched NRL lately? plenty of big blokes and small quick blokes

Macca
04-04-2019, 08:23 AM
Not really? Have you watched NRL lately? plenty of big blokes and small quick blokes

Small is relative Stanny. Yeah they look small on telly next to the forwards, but they ain't small.

For reference, google tells me Luka Modric weights 66kg. Kalyn Ponga weighs 92kg.

The Dunster
04-04-2019, 09:45 AM

Blokes like Eric Grothe [The Guru] or Noel Cleal [Crusher] were a big deal in their day because they were relatively big men with a lot of pace.

Today, blokes their size that are fast are a dime a dozen. Not only that today's players have a lot less body fat so todays 100kg player is a machine in comparison to those of 30 years or more ago.

plague
04-04-2019, 10:22 AM
its like when people talk about basketball and how 'little guys' like Steph Curry are running the league.

Steph Curry is 6'3"

Jetmaster
29-08-2019, 12:28 PM
Its certainly Knights week at the Herald and NBN. They are soooo Jets.

With all the doom and gloom they still have room to interview one of the last Nannas.

plague
31-08-2019, 09:35 PM
Boofhead NRL player gets 10 in the bin, boofhead fan takes a swing at him on the way off.

Boofhead commentators have a giggle about the bloke 'having a few too many" then they laugh on camera to each other.

all good fun huh?

Frodo
01-09-2019, 07:24 PM
Boofhead NRL player gets 10 in the bin, boofhead fan takes a swing at him on the way off.

Boofhead commentators have a giggle about the bloke 'having a few too many" then they laugh on camera to each other.

all good fun huh?

To be fair, he stuck his phone through and filmed himself mouthing off at Chambers, it wasn't that bad. He never took a swing, that was just some everyday media beat up. And now the league has come out and told Manly to fix the security issue or they'll lose home finals.

Frodo
06-10-2019, 10:47 PM
NRL managed to monumentally cock up the entire grand final and can't even blame it on VAR. Good to see it happens to everyone at least.

plague
06-10-2019, 11:46 PM
NRL managed to monumentally cock up the entire grand final and can't even blame it on VAR. Good to see it happens to everyone at least.

you talking about them signing One Republic to play?

belchardo
07-10-2019, 08:25 AM
canberra so angry they set fire to the trains...

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6423396/fire-at-canberra-railway-museum-just-hours-before-reopening/?cs=14225

Frodo
07-10-2019, 08:56 AM

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6423396/fire-at-canberra-railway-museum-just-hours-before-reopening/?cs=14225

Deliberately lit too. FMD some humans are pieces of shit.

furns
07-10-2019, 12:40 PM

Must be some wanderers fans living down there

MFKS
07-10-2019, 10:24 PM

Don't really no what everyone is whining about

Reality is Canberra had more than enough opportunity to win that game

They just were not good enough to do so

Can focus on some BS calls going against them all you want but sport is about taking your opportunities when they come

Canberra didn't Roosters did

That the biggest problem with the sportsmedia these days

Always trying to find some ****ing refereeing conspiracy in all results

Jetmaster
08-10-2019, 08:47 AM
Nothing new - even 30 years ago a ref was dodgy if the penalty count wasn't even.

pv4
08-10-2019, 10:00 AM
I watched the game, and note I only ever watch some SoO and maybe a final each year.

My view is in a game which was pretty difficult for either side to break thru the other, it has to be said that Canberra did not do well in the play following the #6again call and Roosters went thru relatively easily. It wasn't like that one call led directly to a try, there was still an entire set of play they had the chance to defend plus a breather break at the start of it to recover. But if I were Canberra I would feel really robbed there by that call. In a world where we are taught to play to the whistle, I don't see it fair for a signal to be given and then overturned without a whistle announcing this. It's not like the game is beautiful and free-flowing in basically any way, so my opinion is if you want to change a signalled call you should have to whistle the play to correct this. The Canberra guy went down far too easily and without a fight which proves he genuinely believed he had more tackles ahead of him. In a game with so few chances it isn't unreasonable to say that set of 6 Canberra were expecting to be given could have been huge.

I also see a lot of people complaining about the instance where the ball hit the trainer, I don't know enough about the game but if there isn't a review into why randoms are running the field while the game is still active I will be very surprised. If you want treatment, go off the field. If you can't get off the field, play needs to be stopped.

But on the game in general.. in my very uneducated opinion I felt Canberra really lost out when they had the extra man but never seemed to really try and exploit this. I would think you would try and spread the game and get 2 on 1 situations as much as possible in this scenario but I didn't really sense any conviction from Canberra to spray the ball during Tara Rushton's partners sendoff.

I also would like to point out that as a football fan, I get a lot of grief from Rugby League supporters about how footballers abuse refs and feign injury and it never happens in the NRL. I saw a lot of instances to argue that it happens in the NRL from that game to say that the issues are not isolated to just football, and I would like the record to show that. Lots of discussions and arguments with the refs, including the Roosters captain stating "you can't send him off" as if it were a demand.. and also someone received a tackle around the neck and went down holding his cheek to try and promote the idea to the ref that it was a penalty (which it was called as so). I just can't watch that game, and I safely assume these instances happen each week and not just in the Grand Final, and accept that these issues are isolated to football only.

Overall it wasn't the worst game I have watched, but if I'm watching sports other than football then Rugby Union, AFL and Netball are very easily ahead in my enjoyment before NRL. If SoO and Grand Finals are the pinnacle games of the sport, I don't get enough fun out of watching these to make me want to watch NRL more than the other great options we have available.

Jetmaster
10-04-2020, 07:49 PM
NRL = Manic desperation.

boz-monaut
11-04-2020, 09:36 AM
that V'landys really is a piece of shit isn't he?

in charge of horse racing when they stick electrodes up horses bums before slaughtering them - responds by trying to sue those reporting on him

in charge of the rugby league rape squad while theres a global pandemic - responds to chief medical officer who questions the timing of a restart by saying "we should start tomorrow"

really is the worst bloke - no wonder he's the head of rugby league

The Dunster
11-04-2020, 11:05 AM
that V'landys really is a piece of shit isn't he?

in charge of horse racing when they stick electrodes up horses bums before slaughtering them - responds by trying to sue those reporting on him

in charge of the rugby league rape squad while theres a global pandemic - responds to chief medical officer who questions the timing of a restart by saying "we should start tomorrow"

really is the worst bloke - no wonder he's the head of rugby league

Only thing missing from V'Landys CV is invading Poland.

boz-monaut
11-04-2020, 11:31 AM
apparently V'Landys laid in bed for twenty years, spending his family's pittance on tobacco for himself, only to jump out of bed and start dancing the moment Charlie won a golden ticket to tour the chocolate factory

boz-monaut
14-04-2020, 09:46 PM
so these idiots want to get all the teams and support staff together and isolate them to re-start their season

so about 500 rapists and their enablers, locked away

why not just film prison riots and show it on the telly?

and do they think that these idiots all together aren't just going to get on the piss and go off raping women they find on tinder?

Jetmaster
15-04-2020, 01:54 PM
Let's be honest - this is about money and saving their competition - it's not for the players, not for the fans - it's for the NRL to get their TV money. Sounds like it could go belly up if it doesn't start soon.

The amount of pointless NRL "stories" coming through each day is ridiculous and looks like desperation just to keep relevant. Even the EPL has less stories! So far the other codes have kept fairly quiet, though rugger is under strain as well.

Premy
18-04-2020, 12:42 AM
Hypothetically, if the NRL does start up whilst we're still in this pandemic. What happens if an NRL player get injured and needs to be taken to Hospital for medical treatment? Will that NRL players treatment be priority over COVID patients? Will there be an adequate amount of paramedics available to attend these games.

Seems like it's a cocktail to put more pressure on our health system that is stretched already.

Frodo
18-04-2020, 08:53 AM
There's no way that they'll be allowed to play if we are still in lockdown. All of this is a giant act.

A) they just want to stay relevant and their motto for the last decade has been that any news is good news. So they're happy to air dirty laundry, attack each other, attack politicians, or anything else that gets them onto the TV and into papers.

B) the NRL is using this whole thing to put the blame onto anyone but themselves as the league is one missed season away from collapse. They have clubs riddled with massive debt, they haven't been paying the correct money into the player retirement fund they setup many years ago, they have been paying players and backers of the game in brown paper bags for years and now the war chest that everyone assumed they had is more like a small savings account.

This is all just posturing without any actual plan to get the season going again. They haven't agreed on where they'll play the games, how many games they'll play, whether the first two rounds will be counted or a full restart, the Warriors aren't even allowed back into the country, etc. They haven't even spoken to the refs who are about to stop being paid within the next fortnight and won't have contracts anymore.

I can't believe that somehow the NRL is already in a worse position than the A League. They had to go get a $250 mllion loan within a month of games stopping to save themselves. What a joke.

Aegon
27-04-2020, 05:08 PM
I grew up loving RL, I played it till I was 18. However, it's been on a slow decline to irrelevancy for years. I remember the family struggling to get tickets to Knights games in the mid 90's.

Less kids are playing it, less people are turning up to games or watching on TV. It'll continue to get worse as the years go on.

All the effort going to cleaning up the game is for nothing, let the game be what it needs to be. Bonehead vs Bonehead with all the biff and roughness it needs to be entertaining.

Jetmaster
28-04-2020, 11:03 PM
I don't know where to start.....

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1/article/amp/nrl/nrl-premiership/live-why-channel-nine-is-baulking-at-a-20round-nrl-season/news-story/03346c5bf7bf851e42d36ed6a056c719

boz-monaut
29-04-2020, 09:25 PM
Peter Fitzsimons taking the piss out of league wanting to return

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/is-there-an-industry-more-at-risk-of-spreading-covid-19-than-the-nrl-20200429-p54oc2.html

mild humour

boz-monaut
08-05-2020, 06:56 PM
so ti add to the litany of crimes, it turns out rugby league is full of anti vax ****ing morons as well

how much worse can these people get?

Jardelsimage
08-05-2020, 08:07 PM
so ti add to the litany of crimes, it turns out rugby league is full of anti vax ****ing morons as well

how much worse can these people get?

scared of needles are they, but love a good old finger in the bum.

pv4
26-05-2020, 04:29 PM
Yesterday:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/xerri-to-return-faster-than-ever-after-teaming-up-with-renowned-sprint-trainer/news-story/77e836891590cd5e3bc329cd5bdf41dd?fbclid=IwAR2GkJ7k ZmzRHHQT81BJV-W5g6mqBoYw0wM-_sdMpBrTSh68i7yQhlPqQ40

Xerri to return faster than ever after teaming up with renowned sprint trainer

One of the NRL’s fastest men will return to rugby league even quicker with Cronulla centre Bronson Xerri claiming he’s shaved down his sprint times.

The centre believes he is faster than he was when he last played in September, after training during lockdown working with sprint coach Roger Fabri.

Today:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/sharks/bronson-xerri-fails-asada-drug-test-doping-ban-nrl-2020-news-sharks-star-tests-positive-round-3/news-story/7e29da31684612db5bbbb157b8d28b09

Bronson Xerri fails ASADA drug test, doping ban:

Cronulla Sharks centre Bronson Xerri, one of the brightest young stars in the NRL, is facing a four-year doping ban for failing an ASADA drug test.

Xerri reportedly had his phone seized by ASADA officials on Tuesday as the news broke and sent shockwaves around the league little more than 48 hours prior to the game’s relaunch.

The NRL confirmed the news in a release.

boz-monaut
26-05-2020, 06:02 PM
I always wonder why rugbeh league and AFL worry about joining anti-doping things

it's not like they have any serious international competition so theres no way they can be expelled from anything

Bremsstrahlung
26-05-2020, 06:55 PM
M8, have you herd ov the World Cup?

Jetmaster
27-05-2020, 08:43 AM
M8, have you herd ov the World Cup?

Where the entire Lebanese squad lives in Western Sydney?

pv4
27-05-2020, 10:18 AM
I always wonder why rugbeh league and AFL worry about joining anti-doping things

it's not like they have any serious international competition so theres no way they can be expelled from anything

The best assumption I've seen is that it is linked with government funding.

evolution
27-05-2020, 10:39 AM
Where the entire Lebanese squad lives in Western Sydney?

Where international eligibility is basically if your great great grandfathers cousins best mate went to Dublin once you can play for Ireland.

The Dunster
27-05-2020, 01:11 PM
Where international eligibility is basically if your great great grandfathers cousins best mate went to Dublin once you can play for Ireland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swBtLPWeKbU

boz-monaut
01-06-2020, 09:15 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/jun/01/australia-nrl-fan-in-the-stand-cardboard-cutouts--hitler--mass-murderer-harold-shipman

so it didn't take long for rugby league to take something nice and fun like cardboard cutouts in the stands and ruin it

the thing is, Hitler would actually be a better person than your average NRL player

boz-monaut
26-07-2022, 04:43 PM
https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/7834401/seven-manly-players-boycott-rainbow-jersey/?cs=9676

putting rainbows on a bunch of neanderthal homophobe rapist boofheads won't bring them up to 21st century standards of human decency

plague
26-07-2022, 05:31 PM
putting rainbows on a bunch of neanderthal homophobe rapist boofheads won't bring them up to 21st century standards of human decency

Geez Mr Boz dont you know anything?

Over 37% of people who turn gay said they caught it from wearing rainbows.

hashtagbealertnotalarmed

Bremsstrahlung
26-07-2022, 05:59 PM
https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/7834401/seven-manly-players-boycott-rainbow-jersey/?cs=9676

7 first team players are now refusing to play.

Their PR move has backfired.

Jeterpool
26-07-2022, 07:13 PM
7 first team players are now refusing to play.

Their PR move has backfired.

The club are standing firm...I suggest it possibly hasn't. They're playing on despite the players standing down.

League players are the gift that keep on giving

plague
26-07-2022, 08:17 PM
The only heads that will roll are the morons who put this idea up without asking the stakeholders.
Like it or not NRL players by and large (especially the polynesian folk) are hugely religious and this was never going to fly.
There was a way better way to do this but when you leave out your most vital component (the highly paid front facing labour) then youve made a massive mistake.
and us sockah folk better not be too loud about it, there are a lot of clubs in certain demographics that aint wearing those colours either. We (so far) have been smart enough to read the tea leaves before opening our traps.