View Full Version : Why Rugby League is crap

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

plague
04-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Boofheads.
Discuss.

GazFish35
04-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Thread title says it all. Hardly needs discussing.

plague
04-07-2012, 03:47 PM
People will still argue.

traffic light
04-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Albert Kelly, goose.

Blackmac79
04-07-2012, 07:15 PM
Great game. Helps to rehabilitate rapists and drug dealers back into society on a steady wage.

Jeterpool
04-07-2012, 09:15 PM
Thugby League. Says enough

Jetmaster
05-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Rugby League pre Super League was the biz. Real scrums, real forwards, real halfbacks, minimal rule changes.

The glorified touch football now is absolute rubbish - it is only the hype of the vested interests that keep it alive.

Superdylan
05-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Just thought if anyone didn't know the expansion team they have planned for Perth will be the west coast pirates, terrible name tbh

http://westcoastpirates.com.au/

GazFish35
05-07-2012, 06:08 PM
Wrong thread mate.

Superdylan
07-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Wrong thread mate.

Didn't know where it belonged, I just find it hilarious that they use crap american rip off names. Titans were the team beforehand that were added. They were meant to be known as the WA reds, & had that as their expansion team name for a couple seasons then they change it to pirates.

If they wanna use names & create originality they could at least call them names of Australian things.

plague
07-07-2012, 01:47 PM
If they wanna use names & create originality they could at least call them names of Australian things.

Australia has Pirates.
http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2006/08/16/wiggle_narrowweb__300x307,0.jpg

Skirt Boy
07-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Been ages since I have watched a game of league from start to finish on the box.

Did watch a Knights game the other week down at the pub with the old man though and I couldn't believe how boring and shit it was.

Used to like watching back when Paul Harragon, Mark Caroll, Martin Bella used to cause all sorts of problems back when it was actually a sport.

Now the only games I'll watch is if Windale is playing at home. Never a dull moment.

But yeah the game sucks.

MFKS
07-07-2012, 03:43 PM

Real Un Australian Act isn't punching a bloke while he is pinned on the deck by another bloke

hawk
08-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Didn't know where it belonged, I just find it hilarious that they use crap american rip off names. Titans were the team beforehand that were added. They were meant to be known as the WA reds, & had that as their expansion team name for a couple seasons then they change it to pirates.

You mean not ethnic?

moses
09-07-2012, 08:29 PM
Just thought if anyone didn't know the expansion team they have planned for Perth will be the west coast pirates, terrible name tbh

http://westcoastpirates.com.au/

thanks

plague
10-07-2012, 10:27 PM
This photo was on the Tele website today in a story about Jarrod Hayne doing his shopping instead of going to the Manly v Parra match on the weekend.
http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2012/07/10/1226422/452038-jarryd-hayne.jpg

This was one of many comments posted by esteemed readers of that fine publication.

kevin Posted at 1:27 PM Today

Mr big head,shopping in his footy gear?? really,as his team gets belted yet again...i wonder did he have his fancy coloured boots on as well. What n.r.l player goes shopping in his footy gear..... what an absolute Muppet.

q-money
10-07-2012, 10:39 PM
amazing

GazFish35
10-07-2012, 10:49 PM
Did you know ballotelli took a lawn mower onto the pitch at the euros!

plague
10-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Usually someone as big a smart ass as me would see the comment from Kevin and look for the sarcasm emoticon.
Yet in this case im not convinced.
And lets all agree that for certain there are people that dumb out there in this world.

boz-monaut
10-07-2012, 11:07 PM
that looks shopped

http://divegallery.com/moray2_.jpg

amirite?

plague
10-07-2012, 11:50 PM
So has this
http://www.kexcoastlands.co.nz/uploaded_images/P6051799.JPG

now if you'll excuse me for a moment........

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu181/SanFrancisco__/tinyfeyfive.gif

uberdoo
11-07-2012, 03:10 AM
Boofheads.
Discuss.

couldn't agree more

Jeterpool
11-07-2012, 09:04 AM
Sometimes it makes you question Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection....

boz-monaut
16-07-2012, 10:15 AM
clearly all NRL players should be treat as criminals and locked up - even after they've finished playing - http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/former-nrl-star-craig-field-to-be-charged-over-alleged-assault-outside-hotel-20120716-224s4.html

or the more socially capable of them allowed into society under stict conditions such as having to wear GPS tracking devices and blood alcohol monitors

the risk to normal, law abiding members of society (and their dogs) is just too great

moses
16-07-2012, 02:46 PM
clearly all NRL players etc

Page two of "I Hate Rugby league" thread and there is already a footy player being done for a murder.

Hamma12
16-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Former NRL player Craig Field will be charged with murder after a man he allegedly assaulted on the NSW north coast died in hospital, police say.

Kelvin Kane, 50, was found unconscious outside the Kingscliff Beach Hotel on Marine Parade, Kingscliff, by police and paramedics about 9.15pm yesterday.

Mr Kane was given cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and taken to Tweed Heads Hospital, where he remained in a critical condition this morning, a hospital spokesman said. He died in hospital this afternoon, police said.

A 41-year-old man and a 39-year-old man were arrested at a Kingscliff home and taken to Tweed Heads police station, where they were charged with assault occasioning grievous bodily harm this morning before Mr Kane's death.

Police said the charges would be upgraded to murder. The men were to appear in Tweed Heads Local Court this afternoon.

A hotel staff member said there was a fight but that he was unable to comment any further.

Mr Kane's relative said this afternoon that his family were too upset to speak publicly at this time.

Police appealed for anyone with information to phone Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Field, 39, started his league career with Souths in 1990 and was promoted to captain in 1994 before leaving them in 1996. He spent two seasons at Manly before joining Balmain Tigers, which became Wests Tigers in 2000. He was dropped from the club by 2002.

He had a playing and coaching stint with Pia in France in 2002 and 2003 before returning to Australia. Field had most recently been the head coach of the Cudgen Hornets A Grade side in the Gold Coast/Tweed Rugby League competition.

hawk
17-07-2012, 07:39 PM
http://www.spectrumlighting.com.au/images/casestudies/lowes3.png

seldom
18-07-2012, 12:50 AM
Fieldy hitting a new low es

boz-monaut
19-07-2012, 07:37 AM
this utter **** who killed the innocent young fella in Kings Cross the other weekend - bloke just walking along, holding his girlfriend's hand minding his own business, gets king hit and dies

well they've caught the **** - http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/teenager-charged-over-cross-killing-20120718-22ayl.html

arrested "as he sat in the grandstand with a friend watching a Canterbury Bulldogs coaching session"

la bazzle
19-07-2012, 06:47 PM
first thing i thought when i heard was "typical league fan". All the same, scum of the earth. Hang the ****er

hawk
20-07-2012, 08:11 PM
first thing i thought when i heard was "typical league fan". All the same, scum of the earth. Hang the ****er
A vet can fix it

terry
05-08-2012, 09:57 AM
nrl isnt crap. Its just that players and supporters are being picked on by the cops. Cant even swear at c**ts anymore.

hawk
29-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Five U/17 league players were sent off during a brawl in the final between Cardiff and West Maitland. It the 4th brawl in 5 meetings this year. WM coach was sent from the ground for abusing officials. Cardiff players werent bothering to show up to the judicary.

la bazzle
02-09-2012, 06:32 PM
No more knights for a while great news. No more cock noses parking in my spot

Hamma12
02-09-2012, 06:56 PM
No more knights for a while great news. No more cock noses parking in my spot

Yeh It happens to me also.
Fooking twats

plague
13-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Robbie Farah sends nasty tweet last year saying someone should get the PM a noose for her birthday.

Robbie Farah gets sent nasty tweet from someone last week. Now wants laws changed to stop nasty tweets.

Caaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrnnnnn.

sh10
13-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Farah is a dingbat, biggest whinger in the game. Was rather amusing to see him get owned in the media.

hawk
15-09-2012, 07:46 PM
pen is mightier than the bogan bully

Hamma12
16-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Two all in brawls at junior league Grand finals

MORE than 50 players and parents were involved in a sickening brawl during a junior rugby league game yesterday, in which first aid officers had their heads stomped on by parents. Rugby league endured some of its most shameful scenes, as the Greater Brisbane Junior Rugby League grand final day descended into violent chaos that required police intervention.
There were two separate brawls involving parents, one in an under-15 final, the other in an under-18 final both played at Wests Centenary ground in Wacol.
The second incident was so frightening it has even prompted calls for fences to lock parents out of future grand final days.
The second brawl occurred moments after the hooter sounded in the Waterford v Redcliffe under-18 grand final.
Coach of the Redcliffe team Leon Cherry, uncle of NRL star Daly Cherry-Evans, said it was the most horrendous thing he had witnessed during 35 years involved in the game.

"The image I can't get out my head is when I was signing the game sheet, I turned around to see one my players king hit then kicked while he was on the ground. A safety officer jumped in to help him and he was knocked to the ground and had his head stomped on while laying on my player," Cherry said.
"Parents rushed the field. They targeted my players, just attacked them for no reason.
"There would have been 50 or more people involved in the brawl.
"I'm absolutely disgusted with Waterford and what those parents did.
"There should be minimum five year bans handed out to a number of players from Waterford.
"I'm amazed that no one was seriously injured."
Cherry said the fight occurred because Waterford, who had defeated Redcliffe easily in each of their encounters this season, could not handle losing.
"Our guys defended themselves and threw some punches no doubt but half as many as they did and only to protect themselves," Cherry said.
"I honestly think we should consider erecting fences around the ground to lock out parents from grand final days."
The event was supposed to be the highlight of the rugby league season, featuring hundreds of kids from across Brisbane seeking premiership glory.
There were several Brisbane Broncos players in attendance including winger Dale Copley, who used Twitter to vent his shock at witnessing the under-15 brawl.
"Parents running onto the field fighting at junior rugby league... Really?#disgrace" he wrote.
"Should be banned from junior footy forever."
The Queensland Rugby League will launch a full investigation tomorrow.
A police spokesperson confirmed they were called to the field after a "massive brawl" took place.
"We arrived on the scene but the offenders had left, we patrolled the area to ensure nothing else happened," police said.
Police said no formal complaints had been made at this stage.
Ambulances were also called to the scene but no one was taken to hospital.
Greater Brisbane Junior Rugby League operations manager Shane McNally confirmed the brawl broke out at the Wacol field and said officials were helpless if spectators did not follow the rules
"Unfortunately we don't have the control, we cannot be around the fence and stop people from jumping," Mr McNally said.
"People think they have a right to participate in sport, we are looking to take that privilege away from people who behave inappropriately.
"If people are going to go to matches and behave violently than we have to stop then we have to find ways to stop them from coming."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/national/greater-brisbane-junior-rugby-league-game-erupts-into-brawl/story-fndo1yus-1226474871274

Perfect example why its such a lowlife sport

terry
17-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Last week the league fined Wallsend-Maryland $1500 after their fans fought with Windale supporters while watching the preliminary final between Windale and Mallabula at Cahill Oval on September 8.
oops

terry
17-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Three players were sent off and a spectator was ejected from the ground during the Newcastle and Hunter Rugby League D-grade grand final between Hinton Pirates and Abermain Hawks on Saturday at Cahill Oval.
Hinton centre Zach Thackeray was sent off late in the second half for starting a brawl after an Abermain try.
As he was walking from the field, Thackeray began punching Abermain's Craig Lee, which caused a second melee.
A member of the crowd then attacked Thackeray.
refs fault

Hamma12
17-09-2012, 12:44 PM
refs fault

On my phone so I can't post the link...
The above incident made NBN news last night I believe

Jetmaster
18-09-2012, 10:21 AM
More on the weekend brawl...you can't make this shit up !!

AN Abermain Hawks club member will front the Newcastle Rugby League judiciary on Thursday night after a pregnant woman was allegedly assaulted during a grand final brawl that spilt into the crowd.
The alleged incident occurred late in the Newcastle and Hunter Rugby League first-division decider between D-grade sides Abermain and the Hinton Pirates at Belmont's Cahill Oval on Saturday morning.
A brawl erupted when Hinton centre Zach Thackeray was sent off for fighting. He threw another punch at Abermain's Craig Lee as he was walking off the field.
Another melee ensued, spilling over the sidelines in front of the grandstand.
It is alleged an Abermain club member, who was not playing in the game, became involved.
A pregnant Pirates supporter was caught in the wild scenes, and alleges she was hit in the side of the stomach.
Ground security removed an Abermain spectator involved. It is also alleged the ejected fan later shouted at the woman in the car park.
The woman said she went to Maitland Hospital, where her baby was cleared of injury, and later reported the incident to police.
Newcastle Rugby League general manager John Fahey confirmed his organisation was investigating the incident and an Abermain club member would face a code of conduct charge.
He said there were allegedly witnesses who supported the woman's claims: "We're aware of an incident with the lady and she's put reports in that we haven't seen yet."

I noted on NBN last night they had a story about the ONE guy prosecuted over the WSW/SFC "riot"....and then went on for the next five minutes on Homebush being "the centre of the sporting universe" this weekend !!!

moses
19-09-2012, 08:12 AM
Is this one of the brawls mentioned? Or another one.
Note fella in brown shirt near the end of vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mDUqAvtD-s

Jetmaster
29-09-2012, 08:20 AM
Poll hijack required....

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/365691/poll-larrikin-joey-joins-the-exclusive-immortals/?cs=303

Yes - his on field indiscretions should have been taken into account. The guy is an arrogant tool if you have ever met him casually. Then there's the Cricketers incident, the Wests incident...it just goes on.

Personally, I thought Mal Meninga far more worthy at this time.

Superdylan
29-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Part agree jetmaster great player, twit off the field. He never turned up for members events, which was quite dissaponting considering he was an idol to say many. Have only met him about twice, not as easy going as other rugby league players I have met.

parksey
29-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Poll hijack required....

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/365691/poll-larrikin-joey-joins-the-exclusive-immortals/?cs=303

Yes - his on field indiscretions should have been taken into account. The guy is an arrogant tool if you have ever met him casually. Then there's the Cricketers incident, the Wests incident...it just goes on.

Personally, I thought Mal Meninga far more worthy at this time.

Whatever man. Johns was pretty much the greatest player of all time.

The Dunster
29-09-2012, 11:26 AM

Both Noddy and Alf were picked as rep half-backs instead of him on several occasions so it's a stretch to call him the best ever.

Johns was never an automatic selection as half-back for NSW or Australia.

Why Norm Provan doesn't get selected as an immortal is beyond me. Ten straight premierships. Four as Captain Coach.

Ron Coote was a lock and yet when he played rep football he went to 2nd row because he was nowhere near the class of Raper.

Hence, Coote being an immortal is a bit of a stretch as well.

Provan was robbed

seldom
29-09-2012, 11:54 AM

This ^^...Joey was versatile enough to play hooker at the time when Anderson looked after his mate Noddy.Yeah in trouble off the park but people questioning his ability FFS

plague
29-09-2012, 12:31 PM
This ^^...Joey was versatile enough to play hooker at the time when Anderson looked after his mate Noddy.Yeah in trouble off the park but people questioning his ability FFS

So if Messi is the 2nd best keeper at Barca you would put him between the sticks if the #1 got hurt?
No you put him in his best spot cause he's the best player. If versatility was a factor then Kurt Gidley or Matt Geyer should be up for nomination soon.
I don't care about the off field stuff or his personality. He was no worse that probably 80% of blokes who ever played.

I just think Allan Langer was a way better player than Johns and for some reason has been forgotten about in the whole debate.

plague
29-09-2012, 12:38 PM
And that's not to knock Johns' ability. But IMHO I would put
1. Langer.
2. Johns.
3. Lockyer.
As the order the next lot should have gone in.
I have no opinion on Provan because I've never watched him play so it's up for others to decide if he's better than the above 3.

parksey
29-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Both Noddy and Alf were picked as rep half-backs instead of him on several occasions so it's a stretch to call him the best ever.

Johns was never an automatic selection as half-back for NSW or Australia.

Why Norm Provan doesn't get selected as an immortal is beyond me. Ten straight premierships. Four as Captain Coach.

Ron Coote was a lock and yet when he played rep football he went to 2nd row because he was nowhere near the class of Raper.

Hence, Coote being an immortal is a bit of a stretch as well.

Provan was robbed

Alf was only being picked ahead of him earlier in Johns' career because he was more established and obviously a great player as well. Kimmorley was a good half back and had his fair share of rep games, but from memory Johns omission from NSW was usually due to injury. He still played about 13 more Origins than Noddy.

Proven is definitely worthy of an induction.

toad
29-09-2012, 12:58 PM
johns played hooker for nsw simply so that the two best playmakers could fit into the same team. johns was strong enough defensively (and physically) to play hooker and noddy wasn't.

if there had been a top class hooker available for nsw at the time, noddy would never have been picked at half-back.

plague
29-09-2012, 01:13 PM
johns played hooker for nsw simply so that the two best playmakers could fit into the same team. johns was strong enough defensively (and physically) to play hooker and noddy wasn't.

if there had been a top class hooker available for nsw at the time, noddy would never have been picked at half-back.

Fair point.

The Dunster
29-09-2012, 02:36 PM

Noddy started as half-back in all three games in the 2000 origin series. Toovey started as hooker and Johns was used from the bench as a hooker in games two and three.

Therefore, the selectors chose another half-back before Johns to play hooker.

Too many question marks for Johns to be an immortal.

parksey
29-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Noddy started as half-back in all three games in the 2000 origin series. Toovey started as hooker and Johns was used from the bench as a hooker in games two and three.

Therefore, the selectors chose another half-back before Johns to play hooker.

Too many question marks for Johns to be an immortal.

Johns didn't play every game he was eligible for in his career. Someone alert the authorities.

seldom
29-09-2012, 05:52 PM
spose its a matter of opinion...personally I applaud the decision

pistolpete
30-09-2012, 08:49 AM
state league rumours and mods are all over it but here anything goes.....sweet

I think it might be worth deleting all the posts about mental health. The conversation really isn't adding anything and judging from the responses it is not going to be resolved any time soon.

plague
30-09-2012, 10:40 AM
The conversation really isn't adding anything and judging from the responses it is not going to be resolved any time soon.

Good point, well said.

Back on topic.
Footy is crap.
Caaaaarrrrrrrrnnnnnnnn Doggies

GazFish35
30-09-2012, 01:21 PM
I think it might be worth deleting all the posts about mental health. The conversation really isn't adding anything and judging from the responses it is not going to be resolved any time soon.

Done.

boz-monaut
02-10-2012, 03:50 PM
charming league folks at it again, this time on "Mad Monday"

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/allegations-against-bulldogs-serious-arl-head-20121002-26wea.html

disgusting

but at least they're not having sex with dogs this season

q-money
02-10-2012, 03:57 PM
mad monday, legit the stupidest thing any professional sporting team can ever do

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/Hitler%20costume.jpg

slobsy
02-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Some of the comments, made through a slightly opened window, were aired on last night's Channel Nine news.

They allegedly included:

•"There are some ladies here to stick their heads in your pants".
•"S--- me off you dumb dog".
•"I want to go and punch you in the face."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/allegations-against-bulldogs-serious-arl-head-20121002-26wea.html#ixzz287SXgSzG

LOL?

plague
02-10-2012, 06:21 PM
but at least they're not having sex with dogs this season

•"S--- me off you dumb dog"

Not through lack of trying it would seem.

hawk
02-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Nrl is

*tee hee hee*

moses
03-10-2012, 08:16 AM
Craig "pubic hair" Fields is still in prison for a murder.

FORMER NRL star Craig Field remains behind bars after another court appearance where the prosecution failed to provide its murder case to Field's lawyers
Tee hee. Noone cares about ya Pubic.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/13/Craig_Field_outside_Wagga_Wagga_Court_House.jpg/180px-Craig_Field_outside_Wagga_Wagga_Court_House.jpg
http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2012/10/02/439033_crime-and-court-news.html

Jetmaster
03-10-2012, 10:12 AM
More fun - the Man and Patten involved in an altercation in Green Hills carpark !! The Man, to be fair, appears to have appeared as peacemaker.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/373105/police-queries-for-mundine-patten/?cs=305

Fox Sports and NBN/Nine Sports were chalk and cheese last night.....Fox had the biting charge, the hooliganism and flag burning in Bankstown after the game and the Mad Monday shenanigans. NBN I think had a little on the biting and that was it (unless it was in the main news). Rabbitt started off with the Kangaroos selection of a Knigget.

God I'm glad the season is over - it irks me !

au revoir
03-10-2012, 02:36 PM
Fox had the biting charge, the hooliganism and flag burning in Bankstown after the game and the Mad Monday shenanigans

settle down mate, just people letting off a bit of steam after the spectacle of the grand final of the greatest game on earth.

what we need to be focusing on is that sokkah riot involving WSW and sydney fc hooliganz.

hawk
19-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Manly say they will prepare a report for the NRL after rookie winger Jorge Taufua was charged with serious assault on the Gold Coast.
Taufua has been banned from licensed premises in Queensland after allegedly spitting at a police officer in the early hours of this morning
didnt do nuffin man

Retro Jet
22-10-2012, 12:39 AM
(Not League but who gives a flying feek.)

Scores ended up 18 all in the Rugby Onion the other night....and no tries scored.
:what:

pv4
30-10-2012, 09:18 AM
new nrl logo

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/69791_10151140858568074_707004805_n.jpg

very strayan

can see db's with southern cross tats fapping over it.

De-Champ
30-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Isn't there a star missing???? I have always associated the southern cross with 6 stars, or is that just me?

boz-monaut
30-10-2012, 10:19 AM
it's just you

where are you from again?

pv4
30-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Isn't there a star missing???? I have always associated the southern cross with 6 stars, or is that just me?

http://www.anbg.gov.au/images/flags/nation/australia.gif

there's 6 stars total on the flag, but 5 in southern cross.

sh10
30-10-2012, 11:40 AM
needs more cricket bats

Superdylan
30-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Very different type of logo, but I will probs get used to it. Btw the warriors will be wearing a different one that looks more new zealand.

the_butcher
30-10-2012, 12:52 PM
New logo looks shit

pv4
30-10-2012, 01:03 PM
New logo looks shit

it looks pretty awful, but i'd rather it feature on hal jerseys than the monstrosity we've got.

the_butcher
30-10-2012, 01:18 PM
it looks pretty awful, but i'd rather it feature on hal jerseys than the monstrosity we've got.

Really? I think ours looks pretty good. I like the 8 "A"s representing the foundation clubs. The nrl one looks like something that could be whipped up on paint

pv4
30-10-2012, 01:29 PM
i really hate the hal logo. i probably allow the fact that it is insisted on being on the front of the jersey, as opposed to moving it to the sleeve, cloud my opinion of it. but man, it's gash ugly. ruins most kits.

la bazzle
07-11-2012, 08:53 PM
gee whizz

Penrith Panthers has sacked under 20s rugby league player Jake Galvin after he was convicted of assaulting a 77-year-old man, the NRL club says.

Galvin and former Wests Tigers junior Isaac Hekenui were found guilty of assaulting pizza delivery driver Arthur Taylor in Southport District Court on the Gold Coast earlier this week.

The court heard that in July last year Taylor was attacked in his car in Hollywell by the former Keebra Park High schoolmates.

The duo stole four pizzas, which they ate while watching the third game of last year's State Of Origin series at a friend's house.

Galvin, 18, and Hekenui, 19, pleaded guilty to robbery in company with personal violence.

Galvin told police that Hekenui had told him he had no money for food and wanted "to find somebody to rob".

Taylor was knocked unconscious and suffered a heart attack on the way to hospital as a result of the vicious attack.

Hekenui also pleaded guilty to two separate robberies and received three five-year prison sentences, which are to be served concurrently.

Galvin was handed a 12-month suspended sentence.

The incident occurred before Galvin joined the Panthers this year on a two-season deal.

"On the basis of new information now available to the club, a decision has been made to terminate Jake's contract," a statement from Penrith said.

"Jake's behaviour and work ethic since arriving at the Panthers had been nothing short of exemplary.

"The Panthers wish Jake all the best with his future endeavours.

sh10
07-11-2012, 08:58 PM
shoot him in the head, please, the world is better without scumbags like that

Zico
07-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Just heard that Andrew "punch ya grandmother" Johns is now assisstant coach at Manly. I bet this makes those Knights wankers happy.

Hamma12
07-11-2012, 09:02 PM
gee whizz

Penrith Panthers has sacked under 20s rugby league player Jake Galvin after he was convicted of assaulting a 77-year-old man, the NRL club says.

Galvin and former Wests Tigers junior Isaac Hekenui were found guilty of assaulting pizza delivery driver Arthur Taylor in Southport District Court on the Gold Coast earlier this week.

The court heard that in July last year Taylor was attacked in his car in Hollywell by the former Keebra Park High schoolmates.

The duo stole four pizzas, which they ate while watching the third game of last year's State Of Origin series at a friend's house.

Galvin, 18, and Hekenui, 19, pleaded guilty to robbery in company with personal violence.

Galvin told police that Hekenui had told him he had no money for food and wanted "to find somebody to rob".

Taylor was knocked unconscious and suffered a heart attack on the way to hospital as a result of the vicious attack.

Hekenui also pleaded guilty to two separate robberies and received three five-year prison sentences, which are to be served concurrently.

Galvin was handed a 12-month suspended sentence.

The incident occurred before Galvin joined the Panthers this year on a two-season deal.

"On the basis of new information now available to the club, a decision has been made to terminate Jake's contract," a statement from Penrith said.

"Jake's behaviour and work ethic since arriving at the Panthers had been nothing short of exemplary.

"The Panthers wish Jake all the best with his future endeavours.

typical grubs

GazFish35
07-11-2012, 09:06 PM
The riff's finest.

Hamma12
07-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Just heard that Andrew "punch ya grandmother" Johns is now assisstant coach at Manly. I bet this makes those Knights wankers happy.

rumours suggest he's on coke and ice 24/7

Jetmaster
16-11-2012, 01:34 PM
All is forgiven for Willie Mason according to the Herald today.

I just shake my head, knowing what that bloke has done in the past.

parksey
17-11-2012, 12:17 AM
what? pissed on a wall?

terry
17-11-2012, 09:27 PM
what? pissed on a wall?

No, allegedly duffed his grandma

seldom
17-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Wow

belchardo
18-11-2012, 07:36 AM
No, allegedly...

good thing that you put in allegedly. that'll protect you in a court of law.

Jetmaster
20-11-2012, 12:08 PM
what? pissed on a wall?

I know a Coffs Harbour detective - I'll say no more, other than he and Thurston shouldn't even be on the streets let alone playing the game.

Superdylan
21-11-2012, 10:42 AM
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/gallen-shocked-at-shoulder-charge-ban-20121120-29nxc.html

Not sure where this belonged, but the arl commission has outlawed the shoulder charge from the game. Thoughts?

Big change for the game but I kinda don't mind it, might encourage more smaller players in the game now.

GazFish35
21-11-2012, 10:57 AM
they will still do it.

abuse of women and using your drinking glass as a weapon is outlawed too.

Retro Jet
04-12-2012, 10:34 AM
I see Israel Folau is playing his 3rd...sorry..turd football code.
Gee...bet he couldn't make the transition to the one fooball code where he actually has to use his feet!

parksey
04-12-2012, 06:37 PM
I see Israel Folau is playing his 3rd...sorry..turd football code.
Gee...bet he couldn't make the transition to the one fooball code where he actually has to use his feet!

he already played aussie rules, bruss

boz-monaut
04-12-2012, 06:40 PM
and what a great success he was at that

hawk
04-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Israel is getting everyone offside

militiamon
04-12-2012, 09:18 PM
:rof:

northern_swan
04-12-2012, 11:00 PM
To be fair, if he did play the round ball code, he might get more than 2 kicks a game.

hawk
05-12-2012, 06:37 PM
The Canberra Raiders have confirmed representative centre Blake Ferguson has been punished by the National Rugby League club after allegations he spat on patrons at the recent Foreshore Festival in Canberra.
http://www.watoday.com.au/rugby-league/canberra-raiders/raiders-punish-spitting-ferguson-20121204-2atsl.html
guess who's a hero. Why would you get punished for alledgedly spitting on someone? :blush:

plague
05-12-2012, 06:42 PM
guess who's a hero. Why would you get punished for alledgedly spitting on someone? :blush:

Would prob just have been some woman or fag.
Totally deserving of a good spitting.

goaliepersempre
06-12-2012, 09:52 AM
how things never cease to amaze.... nutters in a nutters game.

hawk
06-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Would prob just have been some woman or fag.
Totally deserving of a good spitting.

:rof: I'm sure stax of people read this foz not knowing any bachground of meaning or intent.

belchardo
06-12-2012, 08:01 PM
bachground

http://www.geraldelias.com/images/bach_portrait

pv4
04-01-2013, 08:11 AM
from da herald

http://i47.tinypic.com/1j9cy.png

but sokkah is gay, carnts

q-money
04-01-2013, 08:54 AM
lol!

weston
18-01-2013, 11:08 AM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/parramatta-player-jon-mannah-has-passed-away-after-battle-with-hodgkins-lymphoma/story-fn2mcuj6-1226556337361

A guy named Jon Mannah has died aged 23 of cancer (Hodgkin's Lymphoma).

I have heard of his brother Tim Mannah but not so much this bloke. He played for Parramatta.

Preety sad and way to young.

Superdylan
18-01-2013, 11:27 AM
R.I.P Jon Mannah

MFKS
25-02-2013, 12:16 PM
HE Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have stood down 2012 Dally M Medallist Ben Barba immediately and indefinitely.
See your ad here

Barba, who was due to open the National Rugby League season at a gala launch in Sydney on Wednesday night, said he was battling ‘‘personal issues’’ and hopes to return to the club and to the game ‘‘a better person’’.

“Today is a very difficult day for me as I feel I’ve let my family, children, club and supporters down,’’ Barba said in a statement issued by the 2012 NRL minor premiers and runners-up.

“My issues relate to seeking help for personal issues that I face day to day.

‘‘I’m incredibly sad to be stepping aside as I’ve been so blessed with what’s happened to me over the past few years, but I feel as though I would be wearing a mask if I didn’t confront the matters I’ve been dealing with until now.

“I feel it is best to deal with these problems front on and I believe that by doing so this will make me a better person and player in the future.

“This will be a step by step process for me and whilst I hope to return to football soon, I hope that through this next period you can respect my privacy so that sooner rather than later I can return to playing rugby league as best I can.

“When I do, I hope that everybody sees a better person.”

Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg, who will front a media conference later today to further explain the club’s position, said the 23-year-old fullback had been suspended indefinitely from all contractual duties until further notice.
See your ad here

Greenberg said the Bulldogs had advised the NRL that Barba would not be available to launch the season as planned, and their decision was made after being told about a number of his ‘‘behavioural issues’’.

“Whilst we all know the undoubted on-field attributes and abilities that Ben displays, we must always maintain our focus on the more important issues of personal development and accountability,” Greenberg said.

“It is our hope that the media and the many rugby league fans understand and respect the need for privacy in order for Ben and his family to make the relevant adjustments that are required for him to return to the playing field.”

Trouble in Paradise:violin::lulzturtle::popcorn::lulzturtle:

sh10
25-02-2013, 12:27 PM
allegedly bashed his missus

Zico
25-02-2013, 12:52 PM
Could this be the first big name to fall on his sword from the drugs in sport?

parksey
25-02-2013, 03:27 PM
**** this is huge

plague
25-02-2013, 03:41 PM
**** this is huge

Ya reackon?
Footy head with off field issues? Been done a million times before in NRL except this time the club got in first before the story inevitably broke.
Bloke will play again and everyone will go back to blaming sockah hoolies for all the worlds problems.

Pico
25-02-2013, 05:54 PM
Ya reackon?
Footy head with off field issues? Been done a million times before in NRL except this time the club got in first before the story inevitably broke.
Bloke will play again and everyone will go back to blaming sockah hoolies for all the worlds problems.

Nah its all the Music hools fault now....

http://cdn.scahw.com.au/cdn-1ce127c617204b0/ImageVaultFiles/id_144345/cf_7/Soundwave_Flare628.jpg

http://images.theage.com.au/2013/02/25/4059347/729flare-620x349.jpg

plague
25-02-2013, 08:58 PM

http://cdn.scahw.com.au/cdn-1ce127c617204b0/ImageVaultFiles/id_144345/cf_7/Soundwave_Flare628.jpg

wow, those Angus and Julia Stone Ultras are ****ing animals aren't they.

northern_swan
25-02-2013, 10:14 PM

you not see MMM Rock News tweet last night???

"people, this isn't the A League ;)

Taken down funnily enough

q-money
25-02-2013, 10:24 PM
mag flare, serious business

should have got a strobo to go with the smoke would have looked much more pro imo

parksey
25-02-2013, 10:49 PM
Ya reackon?

well when the guy is pretty much the best/most exciting player in the game it is.

plague
26-02-2013, 11:55 AM
well when the guy is pretty much the best/most exciting player in the game it is.

What? Like when Benji Marshall, Brett Stewart and Greg Inglis all had pre season off field dramas when they were the "face of the game"?
Sponsors stayed, Mongs still watched and the NRL doubles its TV revenue?

No one will care in a week.
Bloke will come back in a month, media will talk about his 'inner demons' and 'redemption' then Sydney FC will sign him under the cap or something........

RedMexican
26-02-2013, 06:20 PM
the curse of being the face of rugby league strikes again.

hawk
26-02-2013, 11:36 PM
This raging party goer who couldnt give a fk about the world is now in humble sulk land as the league proposes illness and help. epic

moses
27-02-2013, 08:54 AM
the word is he has a serious illness....gambling addiction. That's a pretty serious disease,he his going to need help to get through that one.
Also has a bit of alcohol addiction as well as a little pill problem. And if that doesn't work he has a little depression on the side.

boz-monaut
27-02-2013, 09:24 AM
he's very, very sick

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155157/daddys-very-sick

Lionel Hutz
28-02-2013, 08:15 AM
I heard on the radio this morning that the Knights are the only team not to appear in the new NRL tv advert....hahaha!

Jeterpool
28-02-2013, 09:26 AM
I heard on the radio this morning that the Knights are the only team not to appear in the new NRL tv advert....hahaha!

Their logo appears at the end - does that count?

Grimario
06-03-2013, 09:37 PM
http://www.sportal.com.au/league-news-display/sharks-brace-for-nightmare-scenario-224787

The Cronulla board met away from their leagues club at a secret location on Wednesday night to discuss the implications of ASADA's findings, which are believed to surround the use of peptides in 2011 when controversial sports scientist Stephen Dank was at the club.

The peptides were not illegal when first introduced but were later placed on the banned list.

It's alleged some players defied the ban and continued to use them.

The players have reportedly been offered six-month bans up front if they plead guilty but could be outed for two years if they fight the allegations and fail to prove their innocence.

When that scenario was put to a Sharks insider on Wednesday night, he told Sportal: "All that is feasible.

"We are hoping for the best but it could turn into a nightmare."

Officially, Cronulla are saying very little about the matter with coach Shane Flanagan and officials uncontactable on Wednesday.

Betting agencies across Australia suspended betting on Sunday's Cronulla-Gold Coast clash until more information came to light.

Cronulla put out a statement at 6.02pm which read: "Sharks fans and all rugby league supporters can be assured the club has been very proactive in fully cooperating with ASADA and taking other measures that prioritise the integrity of our club and the welfare of our playing group.

"While there are strict boundaries around what we can say while the ASADA investigation is ongoing, fans should be assured that as soon as there is an opportunity to provide further information we will do so."

A Sharks spokesman added: "It's business as usual. It's all speculation at this stage."

The spokesman said the decision to shut the media out from training on Wednesday and to pull players from a promotional meet and greet on Thursday was to avoid adding to the drama.

"Flanno (Flanagan) didn't want the players distracted by having to talk about something they know nothing about," he said.

The Sharks were to head into the season as one of the premiership favourites after adding Chris Heighington, Beau Ryan, Jono Wright and Michael Gordon to their roster.

But the dream of that elusive first premiership would now appear in tatters.

The NRL is yet to comment or confirm the status of Cronulla's season opener against the Titans.

plague
11-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Just received conspiracy theory number #12 about the drugs issue and its by far the most entertaining.
Steve Menzies has rolled over to the ACC and dobbed them all in.
Premierships to be stripped, world to end etc etc.

No wonder Rebecca Wilson has jumped on the WSW bandwagon. The whole world is going to shit.

plague
11-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Granted: Conspiracy theory #11 involved Lance Armstrong and the Teletubbies so you know, grain of salt and all that.

hawk
11-03-2013, 11:38 PM
lowes will be sold out of sloppy joes tomorrow

Superdylan
12-03-2013, 01:05 AM
Hmm seeing a knights fan tonight getting taken away with drugs in his bag by the cops at halftime then decides to tap on my shoulder

Hmm going to be a long season.

Also there was some video camera flying around filming parts of the game, looked like a ufo filming the supporters.

belchardo
21-03-2013, 09:13 PM
billy slater: biggest grub in the sport (on the field). discuss.

seriously, how many times does this guy get to drop the knees, slide in feet first, kick someone in the face before the commentators realise he IS "that type of player"?

parksey
21-03-2013, 11:06 PM
yeah for sure. i think only queenslanders like him anyway.

q-money
21-03-2013, 11:15 PM
Hmm seeing a knights fan tonight getting taken away with drugs in his bag by the cops at halftime then decides to tap on my shoulder

Hmm going to be a long season.

Also there was some video camera flying around filming parts of the game, looked like a ufo filming the supporters.

who tapped you on the shoulder SD? der polizei?

Superdylan
22-03-2013, 12:49 AM
who tapped you on the shoulder SD? der polizei?

Haha wasn't the police.

With tonight's game was abit disappointed Melbourne decided to waste the last 20 seconds and the ref didn't stop the clock. Canterbury had alot of momentum going to. I just don't understand this whole crap of not blowing off time.

WolfMan
22-03-2013, 07:06 AM
I just don't understand this whole crap of not blowing off time.

Hnnnnnggggggg :gent:

pv4
22-03-2013, 07:40 AM
billy slater: biggest grub in the sport (on the field). discuss.

seriously, how many times does this guy get to drop the knees, slide in feet first, kick someone in the face before the commentators realise he IS "that type of player"?

i rarely watch the game, mostly because i think it is a fxxxed split-off from a great sport in union, plus it has developed the shittest society i have ever seen. but the games i do watch is usually an origin here or there, and when it's on a tv that is out of my control to turn off. my dad and i have been saying for years that, even as extremely casual supporters, billy slater is ridiculously dangerous with his tackles. i've seen heaps of times a guy has dived to go for a try over the line, and billy slater slides in studs-up like a football tackle on the guys face.

just watched the clip of that slater catch-and-kick and i'm disgusted tbh. i remember the backup keeper for adelaide united in the hal (was it robbie behich or something? the one under daniel beltrame) caught the ball once and kicked a bloke in the thigh, and he was absolutely blasted for it. slater here has legit kicked a guy straight in the face. he's raised his foot when he's seen him coming. knowing the nrl they'll probably ban him for 6 months, but let him play 2 weeks later for good behaviour or some shit.

shit fxxxing sport

RedMexican
22-03-2013, 06:35 PM
i rarely watch the game, mostly because i think it is a fxxxed split-off from a great sport in union, plus it has developed the shittest society i have ever seen. but the games i do watch is usually an origin here or there, and when it's on a tv that is out of my control to turn off. my dad and i have been saying for years that, even as extremely casual supporters, billy slater is ridiculously dangerous with his tackles. i've seen heaps of times a guy has dived to go for a try over the line, and billy slater slides in studs-up like a football tackle on the guys face.

just watched the clip of that slater catch-and-kick and i'm disgusted tbh. i remember the backup keeper for adelaide united in the hal (was it robbie behich or something? the one under daniel beltrame) caught the ball once and kicked a bloke in the thigh, and he was absolutely blasted for it. slater here has legit kicked a guy straight in the face. he's raised his foot when he's seen him coming. knowing the nrl they'll probably ban him for 6 months, but let him play 2 weeks later for good behaviour or some shit.

shit fxxxing sport

but the player tackling him was in the wrong ?
i mean, some people are stupid, slater has sighted the player and stuck his leg out an his studs up, its clearly deliberate,
people are ****ed,
rugby league is ****ed

hawk
22-03-2013, 10:18 PM
but the player tackling him was in the wrong ?
i mean, some people are stupid, slater has sighted the player and stuck his leg out an his studs up, its clearly deliberate,
people are ****ed,
rugby league is ****ed

pretty awesome. fwit bulldog gets kicked in da chest. kicking is now ok for the heros of sport as well. mong on.

MFKS
23-03-2013, 11:38 AM
Didn't he once cop a massive suspension for stomping on some **** on the ground??

If so grub of the highest order

MFKS
23-03-2013, 07:48 PM
http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/slater-to-miss-opening-state-of-origin/xpjmx6t?cpkey=48bbd995-5d16-4500-9f14-575b4e791ee0%257c%257c%257c%257c

Found It What a DIRTY ****

MFKS
31-03-2013, 07:22 PM
THE Brisbane Broncos have today ended negotiations with Josh Dugan following his vile social media comments in which he told a Canberra Raiders fan to "end yourself".

The Broncos were willing to sign Dugan to a three-year $2 million deal if the NRL allowed his contract to be registered after he was sacked by the Raiders earlier this month for repeated code of conduct breaches.

The final straw for the Raiders was when he uploaded a photo to Instagram of himself giving the finger with an alcoholic drink in his hand while on the roof of a house.

The Broncos' interest ended today.

"We will not be making any attempt to register a contract for Josh Dugan with the NRL," Broncos’ chief executive Paul White said.

"While there were some negotiations, they are now over.

"In light of some fresh allegations of inappropriate behaviour, the Broncos have decided not to take the matter any further."

I understand Broncos had been impressed with Dugan's attitude during negotiations and thought he was in it for the right reasons.
— Chris Garry (@chrisgarry1) March 31, 2013

Dugan was today forced to apologise after hurling abuse on social media again, this time telling a Canberra Raiders fan to "end yourself".

Dugan went berserk on social media photo-sharing app Instagram late on Saturday night.

After Dugan posted a photo of himself and a friend with their shirts off, Raiders fans began antagonising the 22-year-old.

They criticised Dugan's lack of responsibility and said that the Raiders were better off with replacement fullback Reece Robinson.

A user named @gearbox82 wrote: "There's a man that can not Handel responsibly. Leaves his club, leaves his missus. I'd hate to be your dog.''

Another user named @mark-raider1 then replied: "dw (don't worry) we got Reece lightning Robinson''.

Dugan, who broke up with his long-term partner earlier this month, seemingly had enough of the taunts and wrote a series of vile responses (editor's note: expletives removed).

"I'd hate to be ya nuffie. At least my dog doesn't speak up like you ya loud mouth ... who are ya by the way? I could never play another game of NRL and I've still accomplished more than you.

"haha righto Marky Mark: go get another Raiders Tattoo then end yourself. Your mrs is hot too by the way haha you obviously don't read the news more the fool you haha your a joke.

"All my tats put together are better than your one rubbish one plus your bad head. Should call you don bradman ya batting well above average with her. Send her my way ill show her the time of her life.''

Dugan has since deleted the comments and apologised on Twitter.

Responding to News Limited's story, Dugan explained he was being constantly bullied.

"2 sides to every story and only the bad side of my story has been told over the last few weeks. Yes I stuffed up and yes I’m paying my price but people go on and on about bullying when I am constantly being harassed for simply putting a photo up.

"I apologise to those who I had bad words with but I am a normal person like anyone else.

"Media can write what they want but have not spoken to me personally or seen the abuse I have copped.

"Life goes on and I’m trying to move forward with my life and career.”

The NRL employed Charlotte Dawson as an anti-bullying ambassador this year.

Dawson was also told to kill herself on social media last year, causing her to breakdown and self-admit to hospital.

The NRL has a strict code of conduct when it comes to social media.

What happens when you allow people with low IQ's role model status

belchardo
31-03-2013, 09:16 PM
http://cdn.fairfaxregional.com.au/preview/c1200x678/storypad-5kfsp4NEeEvSvAN3kC8tUn/53132746-7995-49ef-947e-966b937444f0.jpg

caption competition! (wasn't sure where to put this photo. i'm not saying league is crap, but putting it in the awesome thread seemed wrong in some way)

Premy
24-04-2013, 11:54 AM
Show bags and jumping castle's at the handegg now that's funny NRL clutching at straws

Jeterpool
24-04-2013, 11:56 AM
http://cdn.fairfaxregional.com.au/preview/c1200x678/storypad-5kfsp4NEeEvSvAN3kC8tUn/53132746-7995-49ef-947e-966b937444f0.jpg

caption competition! (wasn't sure where to put this photo. i'm not saying league is crap, but putting it in the awesome thread seemed wrong in some way)

"now cough"

boz-monaut
21-05-2013, 06:45 PM
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/opinion/ugly-bruise-on-the-face-of-the-game/story-e6frezz0-1226639979065

****ing hell

hawk
21-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Domestic violence offender ex-Cronulla Shark Isaac Gordon should never be allowed to play in the NRL again. Gordon was also rubbed out for nine matches after he was found guilty of assaulting his then girlfriend Karen Lee Davidson who was seven months pregnant.

It was just over a year ago - albeit after immense public pressure and not the NRL's initiative - that Lui was suspended for the 2012 season after he assaulted his partner Taleah Rae Backo.

On the football field people find it easier to forget Lui allegedly kicked Backo, the mother of his child, in the temple and head-butted her on the Tigers' Mad Monday celebrations in 2011. he physically and verbally abused his then girlfriend, who was seven months pregnant at the time, allegedly telling her: "Hit me, hit me, I'll hit you back. It's self defence, I'll kill you f ... ing bitch."

heroes, get out to the game and support these dogs.
The pink jersey weekend is an initiative of the league bosses, has fkall to do with the fkwits that play the game.

Jetmaster
22-05-2013, 07:58 AM
Can you imagine the media fallout if Timmy slapped his wife in the face ?

The sickening thing about all of this is the continued propaganda, covering up all the ills of the eggball codes, yet highlighting anything remotely negative from football.

It's the sort of stuff the North Koreans do with politics !

belchardo
22-05-2013, 01:29 PM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-22/ben-teo-accused-of-assaultng-brisbane-woman-reports/4706150

same story as above or a different one?

hawk
25-05-2013, 09:42 PM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-22/ben-teo-accused-of-assaultng-brisbane-woman-reports/4706150

same story as above or a different one?

same, someone got paid off

boz-monaut
04-06-2013, 07:23 PM
just watching the news then - some NRL player, actually on the field in an NRL game on telly, had a piss

what sort of ****ing animals are these blokes?

what form of person thinks it's acceptable to urinate in public, let alone in the middle of a field, on television?

seriously - why is this sport not banned? who wants to go and watch rapists urinate in public?

pv4
04-06-2013, 07:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8CKBlmBIeQ

puts a whole new meaning to the term piss ninja

hawk
06-06-2013, 12:16 AM
How can thousands of qld & nsw mongs abuse the fk out of each other and get into fistys but not be regarded as hools? ah thats right its ok in this game

Superdylan
06-06-2013, 03:13 AM
How can thousands of qld & nsw mongs abuse the fk out of each other and get into fistys but not be regarded as hools? ah thats right its ok in this game

Will admit Paul Gallen was lucky he wasn't sent off

He will probably get several weeks for that though. Overall great show of defense by both sides, lucky Nsw got off to such a great start.

Jetmaster
06-06-2013, 07:55 AM
Pfft...I ended up relaxing and being entertained by the Lions on Fox. The biggest criticism of SOO on Twitter last night was the overhype and talk before the game.

BTW - can anyone remember who the Brisbane player was who pissed under the goalposts at Lang Park many years ago - it has happened before.

BodyNovo
06-06-2013, 08:18 AM
Pauline Hanson look a like was more gruesome than that packer bloke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO8wBwysxho&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DzO 8wBwysxho&has_verified=1

plague
06-06-2013, 11:02 AM
BTW - can anyone remember who the Brisbane player was who pissed under the goalposts at Lang Park many years ago - it has happened before.

Yeah it was Don McKinnon playing for Manly at the old Lang Park (Suncorp).
Video is all over the Youtubes.

Biggest issue with State of Origin is that is broadcast in standard def.
It's 2013, pretty much all sport is rubbish in SD.
If you don't want the hype/rubbish just wait til 10.30pm and watch it on replay on Fox. You get it in HD and they cut all the gibbering out.

Jetmaster
17-06-2013, 10:27 PM
Another big day at the office for eggball......

:roflz:

belchardo
18-06-2013, 10:25 AM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-18/burgess-stood-down-following-police-charges/4761600

at least they have moved on from women to inanimate objects...technically you might call that an improvement.

au revoir
18-06-2013, 10:31 AM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-18/burgess-stood-down-following-police-charges/4761600

at least they have moved on from women to inanimate objects...technically you might call that an improvement.

not exactly

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-17/ferguson-formally-charged-with-indecent-assault/4761166?section=sport

Jetmaster
19-06-2013, 10:07 AM
Article in todays Terror from Paul Karnt.....

A "typical" day in the life of an NRL player looks, apparently, like this. After a good, solid warm-up he takes the field and pees in his shorts, shaking it loose with the legs, because, hey, when you gotta go you gotta go, lol.

Halfway through the game he stands and fires a one-two into his opponent, wins the game, then heads out to celebrate with a beer or 10.

Before the clock even reaches midnight he is kicked out, but shows that some of his best footwork comes off the field when he sneaks back in through the kitchen.

He likes the little blonde over in the corner, so he goes over and ends up getting his face slapped. Her boyfriend isn't all that happy.

On his way back to his car he is still frustrated by the knockback and, well, did you see the way that street sign was looking at him?

Nobody looks at him like that and gets away with it, so he rips the street sign out of the ground and puts it through some poor innocent's car window. They can deal with it in the morning. Not his problem.

Then he jumps into his car, unlicensed and with a cabin full of mates, and gets pinched for drink-driving before arriving home with one of the girls his mate pulled earlier where, somehow, she ends in casualty with a fractured eye socket.

Not a lot of players will be happy with that summation of life in the NRL this morning, but who is to blame?

The media, for reporting it? The clubs, who for too long tolerated it? The NRL, who for too long washed its hands of it? How about, for once, yourselves?

Yes, our man above is a composite. But all these incidents have surfaced, in relation to various NRL players, in just the past month.

They have made the game a punchline. A spear for anyone trying to defend the game.

Frustration levels are at an all-time high around rugby league, and if the players are annoyed at being categorised this way, it is nothing on the pain of tens of thousands of fans who are continually disappointed by those representing the game they love.

And, for many, it is a love. They give up their weekends for it, they spend their lives around it. They push their children, their greatest treasure, into it.

So if you're a player who is unhappy about being labelled this way, then do something about it. Grab the teammate stepping over the line. Raise the standards of what's acceptable at your club. Don't tolerate anything you would be embarrassed to tell your mum about.

None of us are immune from poor behaviour on the drink. Occasionally, we all need someone looking out for us when we have too many, and decision-making is compromised.

Be that guy to draw a line, and stop the cycle of self-inflicted wounds.

Thousands are turning away from the game every week.

Realise that the mums, as they keep telling us, really are important. You can't grow a sport if the only people who love it are those who already love it. The game needs to reach new fans.

In a season when the television deal is worth double what it was last year, television ratings are down. Why?

Those who already love the game are still watching, but those who can take it or leave it have left it. They can watch the Socceroos, who don't pee their pants because they couldn't be bothered using the toilet in the dressing room two minutes earlier.

What has rugby league done to make them feel proud? The season started with last year's feel-good story, Dally M medal winner Ben Barba, being stood down after admitting to gambling and alcohol problems.Now, halfway through we have two incidents being investigated involving alleged violence against women.

Many NRL players come from underprivileged backgrounds, a far higher proportion than other codes. It can be reasonably argued that many players, having grown witnessing alcoholic parents, domestic violence and other troubles, are coming from further back than other codes. But when do we stop making it an excuse?

When do we stop celebrating the game's appetite for giving second chances and say our game deserves better? As incidents keep happening, those second chances begin to look like an excuse for weak management.

Mark Bosnich was telling me yesterday about his glory days at Manchester United. Every time a player took his wife out to dinner, he said, they would tell the club and Man U would send a bodyguard.

"You wouldn't see them," he said. "Sometimes they'd just be outside."

Single players would go to nightclubs with bodyguards standing in shadows. If they took a girl home, the bodyguard accompanied them all the way to the door.

"It's a billion-dollar industry," Bosnich said, and so they protected it.

The NRL is also a billion-dollar industry. So why has it gone so long?

Because we have tolerated it too long. Excused it too long.

Blamed others for too long.

Covered it up for too long.

We have done everything but the right thing.

Until now, when the NRL declared tolerance was now zero.

Quite odd how Rothfield, Kent and Wilson are starting to turn against the game lately.

q-money
19-06-2013, 01:23 PM
is that the same mark bosnich that had a massive appetite for drugs and gangbanged chicks and cross dressed with dwight yorke?

furns
19-06-2013, 01:51 PM
lol @ getting Mark Bosnichs comments regarding misbehaviour of high profile sports stars.

Was Joey Barton unavailable?

GazFish35
19-06-2013, 01:58 PM
The NRL player would invite the body guard in to get in on the action.

belchardo
19-06-2013, 02:14 PM
lol @ getting Mark Bosnichs comments regarding misbehaviour of high profile sports stars.

Was Joey Barton unavailable?

Cantona also.

belchardo
19-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Queensland coach Mal Meninga was asked to leave a bar in Brisbane on Tuesday night while celebrating the birthdays of Maroons stars Billy Slater and Cameron Smith.

While the NSW preparation to the second State of Origin match next Wednesday has been marred by incidents involving Blake Ferguson and James Tamou, Queensland's lead-in also took a sour twist north of the border.

Meninga was asked to leave the Down Under Bar and Grill at about 1am on Wednesday after straying into a service area. While a far more minor issue than the ones dogging the Blues – the NRL integrity unit is not believed to be investigating – it is not an ideal development for Queensland as they try and avoid defeat in an Origin series for the first time since 2005.

Fairfax Media understands the group, having travelled from camp on the Sunshine Coast to Brisbane, were at the Regatta Hotel earlier in the night before heading to the Down Under Bar and Grill.

Meninga went to a corner of the bar and asked, "Where do you get a beer?" Then he walked around behind the bar. Staff told him he had to leave the area, before security was called.

"We were celebrating Billy and Smithy's 30th and some of us went to a place called the Down Under Bar," Meninga said. "I had a beer, then another beer and it was pretty busy so I just went behind the bar and asked for another beer and they said 'you're not allowed to be there'. "I said 'fair enough' and then the manager came and said I had to go, so I went. I wasn't intoxicated. I left of my own volition really."

Halfback Johnathan Thurston and coaching assistant Allan Langer were involved in discussions before security asked him to leave. He was given a bottle of water and he left the establishment.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/meninga-evicted-from-queensland-origin-pub-bonding-session-20130619-2oj6b.html#ixzz2WeabkRky

lol, sure you did Mal.

plague
19-06-2013, 08:31 PM

To be fair when discussing these issues he uses himself as am example of what goes wrong when idiots are left alone with drugs, alcohol and women..

In other news how amazing is it that he is only about 10months older than Schwarzer?
what a wasted career.

GazFish35
19-06-2013, 08:43 PM
To be fair when discussing these issues he uses himself as am example of what goes wrong when idiots are left alone with drugs, alcohol and women..

In other news how amazing is it that he is only about 10months older than Schwarzer?
what a wasted career.

Wasted.

Nice pun

seldom
19-06-2013, 11:38 PM
Johnny Rapeher and benny back door elias had nuffin on this current crop... fvckn lol

Jetmaster
05-07-2013, 01:31 PM
THE Newcastle Knights have been fined almost $90,000 for breaching the salary cap last year.
See your ad here

The NRL announced on Friday that it had issued a total of $503,407 in fines to seven clubs after completing its annual salary cap audit.

Two other clubs – Cronulla ($150,000) and Canberra ($144,393) – were hit with more severe sanctions than Newcastle ($88,749).

The Sharks and Raiders made the play-offs, while the Knights finished 12th.

‘‘The breach relates to the interpretation of an individual playing contract,’’ Knights chief executive Matt Gidley said in a statement on the club’s website.

‘‘Our club has had extensive discussions over a long period of time to ensure future breaches in similar circumstances do not arise.’’

The NRL said in a statement the fines had been imposed for a range of breaches across the top 25, second-tier and NYC salary caps.

“The salary cap plays an incredibly important role in the competition and all clubs need to be accountable for staying within the limits of the cap,” NRL chief operating officer Jim Doyle said in a statement.
See your ad here

‘‘This closeness of the competition over many years is tied directly to the fair and consistent enforcement of the salary-cap rules and the effectiveness of the annual audit process.

“The fact that we are looking to review the cap going forward does not in any way alter the importance of clubs complying with the rules as they stand presently.”

Clubs have five business days to appeal against the fines.

The Knights said in their statement they would accept the fine imposed.

Pfft - clubs ignore the salary cap it seems. NRL should just kick the ones out that have been busted before.

Also enjoyed seeing all those empty seats at Hunter Stadium last week.....no matter what the conditions, they should have got more than 9000.

MFKS
05-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Pfft - clubs ignore the salary cap it seems. NRL should just kick the ones out that have been busted before.

Also enjoyed seeing all those empty seats at Hunter Stadium last week.....no matter what the conditions, they should have got more than 9000.

They had lost 3-4 on the trot and it was cold wet and miserable. I am actually surprised they got 9k. If Jets had similar weather we would struggle for 4-5k

Superdylan
05-07-2013, 05:44 PM

no matter what the conditions, they should have got more than 9000.

I was there, luckily avoided getting drenched to as I walked down to the ground early on in the under 20's, the rain started pouring down at around 1pm I believe it was? Rain was almost gone by kickoff.

Still an enjoyable afternoon, funny standing on the hills when they were so bare.

MFKS
05-07-2013, 08:24 PM
I was there, luckily avoided getting drenched to as I walked down to the ground early on in the under 20's, the rain started pouring down at around 1pm I believe it was? Rain was almost gone by kickoff.

Still an enjoyable afternoon, funny standing on the hills when they were so bare.

Just like being at a Gypo home game SD??

No palm trees though:whistling:

Superdylan
05-07-2013, 10:26 PM
Gypos tend to get less then 9000 to a home game.

Will be the lowest crowd the knights get for the remainder of the season, should be back to a 20,000+ crowd against the roosters in a couple sunday afternoons time providing they pick up some form on the road. Gold coast do not really have a large interstate fanbase. Lucky if there was 300 of their fans there on sunday.

MFKS
06-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Gypos tend to get less then 9000 to a home game.

Will be the lowest crowd the knights get for the remainder of the season, should be back to a 20,000+ crowd against the roosters in a couple sunday afternoons time providing they pick up some form on the road. Gold coast do not really have a large interstate fanbase. Lucky if there was 300 of their fans there on sunday.

SD You looking at heading to Brazil next year??

Party time on the Copacabana.

I will find some dodgy joints to take you to to corrupt your mind :pissup:

hawk
07-08-2013, 08:06 AM
WHEN police caught Newcastle Knights player Neville Costigan driving while suspended he told them he was taking his Holden Commodore for a spin so the engine wouldn't seize up.
Costigan failed to appear at Newcastle Local Court yesterday and was fined $500 and was disqualified from driving for a year.
Police pursued him on the afternoon of July 16 when his black Commodore approached the intersection of Chilcott and Croudace streets, Lambton, then reversed and did a U-turn.
Officers found Costigan getting out of the car in the driveway of his home nearby where he admitted that his licence had been suspended.
"I've got it for sale and I didn't want the engine to seize up," said Costigan, whose licence has been suspended on three occasions for driving offences or not paying his fines.
beau garn

Skirt Boy
07-08-2013, 09:08 AM
beau garn

I'm with Neville on this. I just got back from Germany and the first outing in the Cruiser the tranny packed it in after sitting idle for 12 months.

My2BobsWorth
07-08-2013, 04:45 PM
If you were totally pissed and high on crack you would come up with that one

boz-monaut
18-08-2013, 08:08 AM
why does this not surprise anyone? disgusting creatures

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/new-laws-urged-as-spectators-join-the-fight-20130817-2s3k3.html

New laws urged as spectators join the fight
Date
August 18, 2013
272 reading nowBe the first to comment Read later
Adrian Proszenko
Adrian Proszenko
Chief Rugby League Reporter

Players and spectators brawl at Turnbull Oval, North Richmond.
Vicious brawl: Players and spectators fight during the under-19's rugby at Turnbull Oval, North Richmond last weekend.
League officials have called for new anti-violence legislation to curb a rise in brawling at suburban rugby league matches.

Penrith league officials fear there will be a repeat of the vicious brawl that marred a game in the region last weekend unless they are armed with the legislation.

Up to 40 players and spectators were in a fight between the Penrith Waratahs and Western City Tigers under-19 teams at Turnbull Oval in North Richmond last Saturday.

Turnbull Oval, North Richmond, 11 August 2013.
Stepping up: Scott Weekes suffered a bloody head after he was stomped on during the brawl at Turnbull Oval in North Richmond last Saturday.
Panthers group chairman Don Feltis, who has been involved in junior rugby league for four decades, said the fight ''ranks with the worst I've seen. And I've seen a lot of nasty things over the years.''

Advertisement
One parent shouted what Mr Feltis described as ''racist, offensive and abusive comments'' from the sidelines before becoming embroiled in the fight. Two of the spectators involved in the brawl were suspended players.

Scott Weekes told Triple M radio he had his head stomped in the brawl and suffered injuries to much of his body when he went to assist his son, who had kicked the winning goal before being set upon. ''How long before one of these players get killed?'' he said.

At least one victim is pursuing civil action and Hawkesbury Police confirmed they are conducting an official investigation.

But Mr Feltis said league officials were powerless to sanction violent spectators and called for new laws to prevent a repeat of the ugly scenes.

''There should be legislation enacted by the government to give [junior league managers] the right, if they have sufficient evidence, to go to the local police station and make a complaint against people who run onto the field and commit assaults,'' said Feltis, who is also the compliance and legal co-ordinator for Penrith and District Junior Rugby League.

''I hope to bring down my findings on Tuesday and I will be very critical of four parents who ran on the field, who assaulted players and other people. There's virtually nothing I can do about it unless the person assaulted goes to police and lays a complaint.

''That person can just say 'bugger Feltis, bugger Penrith junior league, I'm going along next weekend to do the same thing again.'''

Mr Feltis described photos taken by Fairfax Media, which will be part of his investigation, as ''very damning'' for the individuals involved. One of them appears to show a spectator stomping on the head of a player.

He said the incident was part of a growing trend towards anti-social behaviour at club sporting events.

''These sort of incidents are becoming more prevalent as the days go on.

''You could go back 15 or 20 years and nothing like this would happen on our sporting fields. We may get an all-in brawl among the players, and a trainer and coach might run on and get involved but having spectators invade the pitch and then start attacking the players and then attacking one another, that's a thing that has only happened in the last 10 or 15 years. It's getting worse.''

Former premiership-winning player and coach Phil Gould devotes his Sun-Herald column to the issue of spectator behaviour at the amateur level. ''It's alarming to think we require action from law enforcement to ultimately make all junior sporting venues the safe, friendly and enjoyable environments they were meant to be,'' Gould writes.

Officials have taken several measures, including beefing up security, to ensure there is no repeat at the finals game on Sunday.

Yr 8 kid
29-08-2013, 07:16 PM
The Penrith District Junior Rugby League has handed out suspensions of up to 25 years to players involved a vicious brawl following a match in the region.

Up to 40 players and spectators were involved in fight following a game between the Penrith Waratahs and Western City Tigers under-19 teams at Turnbull Oval in North Richmond on August 11
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1739543/penrith-brawl-boy-gets-25-years/?cs=2453

usual dickheads

la bazzle
11-09-2013, 04:28 PM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-09-11/former-nrl-player-banned-for-low-blow/4951508

Former NRL player Anthony Watts has been banned for eight matches after being accused of biting an opponent's penis during a tackle in a Gold Coast league game.

Watts, who played for the Cowboys and the Roosters in the NRL, was charged following a video review of the Gold Coast match last week.

Footage of the match posted on Youtube showed the 26-year-old Tugun Seahawks utility pulled down in a tackle near the tryline and subsequently involved in a melee by remonstrating players for the opposing Bilambil Jets team.

The video later showed one of the Jets players pulling down his shorts in front of the referee.

"After the judiciary panel reviewed footage as well as reports from medical staff and match officials, it found Watts guilty of contrary conduct," Gold Coast Rugby League said in a statement on Wednesday.

"He has been suspended from playing until the completion of the eighth round of the 2014 season."

Watch footage of the alleged biting incident here

A Gold Coast Rugby League official said Watts had said he intended to appeal the charge, but was yet to file the necessary paperwork.

Watts, who was dumped by NRL team Sydney Roosters in 2011 for disciplinary problems, was sentenced to community service in June for being involved in a brawl between rival motorcyle gangs in the Gold Coast.

That followed a conviction on a weapons posession charge by a New South Wales court two weeks earlier after he was found carrying knuckle-dusters.

Australian football players have been punished for a number of unsavoury on-field incidents.

Peter Filandia, a former top-flight Australian Rules player, was banned for 10 games for biting an opponent's testicles during a minor league match in 2002.

Former NRL player John Hopoate, who represented Australia in rugby league, was banned in 2001 and sacked by his club Wests Tigers for inserting his fingers into opposing players' anuses.

Reuters

GazFish35
11-09-2013, 05:22 PM
Why you no include link to footage?

la bazzle
11-09-2013, 06:50 PM
http://youtu.be/WkF-5mKhN9g

selassie
13-09-2013, 11:15 AM
only 8 matches?

boz-monaut
13-09-2013, 12:12 PM
bet this dude sucks dick like he's eating corn on the cob too

butch blokes never give good head

furns
13-09-2013, 05:53 PM
only 8 matches?he didnt swallow

Superdylan
13-09-2013, 06:34 PM
What was everyone's thoughts on the scum banner the souths fans had last friday night?

tenschooners
13-09-2013, 06:58 PM
some fans lost their membership over that. thought it was fairly tame, people talk about hate between teams all the time, it doesn't mean we are going kick some heads in too.

Swifts
13-09-2013, 07:01 PM
What banner?

Superdylan
13-09-2013, 07:09 PM
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=406&d=1379063338

furns
13-09-2013, 07:13 PM
Direct copy of Muz's Nippon banner ;)

Premy
23-09-2013, 11:40 AM

q-money
23-09-2013, 11:46 AM

hawk
23-09-2013, 01:14 PM
up wests

Superdylan
23-09-2013, 05:43 PM
Good trip to Melbourne though. Even made front page of the herald yeww

Blackmac79
23-09-2013, 06:03 PM
wow.

militiamon
23-09-2013, 06:09 PM
Good to see one of nf.net's finest reaching superstar status.

Just don't forget about all of us when you're off in your new world SD.

Superdylan
23-09-2013, 06:19 PM
Good to see one of nf.net's reaching superstar status.

Just don't forget about all of us when you're off in your new world SD.

:rof::wub:

In all seriousness they are one win from a grand final birth. Pretty massive considering the knights have just knocked out both the dogs & storm in successive weeks on their home grounds.

Premy
23-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Who are the dogs & storm?
Who is that bloke with you SD?

hawk
23-09-2013, 11:17 PM
Who are the dogs & storm?
Who is that bloke with you SD?

thats easy andrew johns

Jetmaster
24-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Any recommendations on good "Knights Free" areas to go over the next fortnight ?

The bandwagoners have suddenly popped up everywhere.

plague
24-09-2013, 11:01 AM
Any recommendations on good "Knights Free" areas to go over the next fortnight ?

The bandwagoners have suddenly popped up everywhere.

Boardrooms, Libraries and Rape crisis centers would be a good start.

hawk
25-09-2013, 08:10 PM
Boardrooms, Libraries and Rape crisis centers would be a good start.

quality clothing stores

Superdylan
06-10-2013, 10:01 AM
Going to be an awful grand final the 2 sides that everyone hates battling out in the big one.

The last time these 2 sides played each other the roosters won 4-0. I hope there is abit more points in this game.

Jeterpool
06-10-2013, 11:13 AM
Going to be an awful grand final the 2 sides that everyone hates battling out in the big one.

The last time these 2 sides played each other the roosters won 4-0. I hope there is abit more points in this game.

Is that on today?

Blackmac79
06-10-2013, 12:15 PM
5 days till the football starts.

GazFish35
06-10-2013, 01:33 PM

Wouldn't a 4-0 result suggest a close tense contest?
Isnt that a good thing?

Superdylan
06-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Wouldn't a 4-0 result suggest a close tense contest?
Isnt that a good thing?

But its just boring is there is no attack

But yes hopefully it is a close game. Tipping roosters 20-16

q-money
06-10-2013, 02:28 PM
it's not boring at all, the game they played the other week was probably the most interesting contest all year

blokes absolutely ripping into each other

GazFish35
06-10-2013, 02:45 PM

Maybe you need to appreciate good defense just as much as attacking play.

pistolpete
06-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Tipping roosters 20-16

Nostradylus is going pretty well at the moment

Premy
06-10-2013, 10:19 PM
Maybe you need to appreciate good defense just as much as attacking play.

Mr Egmond welcome to the forum.

hawk
06-10-2013, 10:39 PM

doyyyeeee

GazFish35
06-10-2013, 10:51 PM
Mr Egmond welcome to the forum.

That's Mr Van Egmond to you!

hawk
12-12-2013, 07:58 AM
Rugby league star Blake Ferguson has been convicted of indecently assaulting a woman at a Cronulla nightclub while out celebrating his State of Origin selection.
Despite claiming he only touched the upper thigh of the woman in a case of mistaken identity, Ferguson was found guilty of grabbing her vagina under her skirt at the 2230 nightclub.
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/blake-ferguson-convicted-of-indecent-assault-at-cronulla-nightclub-2230-20131211-2z64p.html#ixzz2nCaPtbSX

Just another day in grubby league.

plague
12-12-2013, 09:44 AM
To be fair to Blake Ferguson, I too am forever confusing which chicks I'm fingering up in da club.

Jeterpool
06-01-2014, 03:15 PM
Russell Packer jailed for 2-years for assault.

Guess he won't be playing next year!

belchardo
06-01-2014, 03:27 PM
don't count him out too soon. they've already lodged an appeal over the sentence. i'm sure they'll bring on a moving story of how he is really a gentle giant, that his family depend on him to bring in the money, and that his mother is in hospital at death's door.

pity he decided not to think about those things when he was using an unconcious guy as a punching bag.

they've already tossed in the "anger management"/"alcohol issues" line.

plague
06-01-2014, 03:30 PM
don't count him out too soon. they've already lodged an appeal over the sentence. i'm sure they'll bring on a moving story of how he is really a gentle giant, that his family depend on him to bring in the money, and that his mother is in hospital at death's door.

pity he decided not to think about those things when he was using an unconcious guy as a punching bag.

they've already tossed in the "anger management"/"alcohol issues" line.

To be fair that's not just a footy head defence.
Every Tom Dick and Harry up in the courts drags out the sob stories to justify their illegalities.
Stupid hippy judges keep falling for it.

russjaybee
06-01-2014, 03:42 PM
How does having a family depend on you affect whether you're going to stomp on unconscious blokes head or not?

If anything it should mean you're less likely to do it, thus you could potentially up the sentence as a man with heaps to lose still willingly bashed this bloke.

Looking at the photos he looks like a deadset meat-head thug, bullshit if he gets off pretty much scot free.

plague
06-01-2014, 03:43 PM
Oh and don't get me wrong. I wish every dickhead that got pissed and punched on due to the fact they are a mindless moron gets heavy time in the big house.
From the sounds of what this bloke did, he deserves to be locked away. I just wish it happened more often.

Bon
06-01-2014, 03:46 PM

Sounds like the place for him to be..
He can give out or accept as much shitting, fingering and bashing that a meathead could ask for..

The Dunster
06-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Rugby League Player kicks man in the head.
His defence : I thought it was my missus.

belchardo
06-01-2014, 07:02 PM
To be fair that's not just a footy head defence.
Every Tom Dick and Harry up in the courts drags out the sob stories to justify their illegalities.
Stupid hippy judges keep falling for it.

i agree. i was going to say something like: "look forward to this being applied to every similar case from here on, regardless of their profession" but couldn't think how to word it. not sure why, that seems to sum up my thoughts pretty well.

repeat drink-drivers/speeders do the same thing. never seems to occur to them that they are driving a 1+ tonne weapon when they start the engine, or how righteous their indignation would be if it was their brother/wife/child/parent that was killed.

hawk
07-01-2014, 12:35 PM
Bul
ldogs rugby league player Reni Maitua has pleaded not guilty to assaulting a taxi driver in Sydney's south-east and has asked for the case to be dealt with under mental health legislation.
Maitua, 31, is accused of striking the driver, Abdelhamid Bensaidi, at Daceyville at 4.41am on November 25 last year, after a night out in Kings Cross.
Matua, from Kingsford, is the second high-profile rugby league player to face court in as many days for late-night assaults.
On Monday, Newcastle Knight Russell Packer was sentenced to two years' jail for an assault that occurred in Sydney's CBD in November 2013.

being an ***hole is not a mental condition.

russjaybee
07-01-2014, 01:21 PM
Dead set how infuriating is it that this shit goes down meanwhile any little supporter scuffle at a Football match becomes an earth shattering storm in a teacup.

Edit: Yeah flares are dangerous, but so is assaulting people FFS

Jetmaster
07-01-2014, 01:24 PM
Fair dinkum - for every "sockah" hooligan in this country there is two NRL thickwits belting people - and at least hools just take it out on each other.

belchardo
07-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Bul

being an ***hole is not a mental condition.

did you know he attempted suicide?

Bon
07-01-2014, 02:12 PM
Fair dinkum - for every "sockah" hooligan in this country there is two NRL thickwits belting people - and at least hools just take it out on each other.

I was blowing up on the drive to work this morning, Craig Hamilton on ABC radio (typical thugby league wanker) basically saying that he doesnt condone what Russell Packer did, but that its such a huge penalty and that he was perhaps just a poor bloke in the wrong place at the wrong time..
What a load of shit.. What about the poor poor prick who was in the wrong place at the wrong time underneath his boot when he was stomping on his noggin'??

russjaybee
07-01-2014, 02:18 PM
POOR BLOKE IN THE WRONG PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME? ARE YOU SERIOUS? He's trying to turn him in to the victim, that's gold.

Far out.

pv4
07-01-2014, 02:28 PM
To be fair to Blake Ferguson, I too am forever confusing which chicks I'm fingering up in da club.

Will be more like 2 weeks knowing these league stars.

belchardo
07-01-2014, 03:00 PM
POOR BLOKE IN THE WRONG PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME? ARE YOU SERIOUS? He's trying to turn him in to the victim, that's gold.

Far out.

don't forget he was forced to steal the two cigarettes from the friend that caused the other guy to viciously throw himself in front of packer's fists and feet.

russjaybee
07-01-2014, 03:53 PM
don't forget he was forced to steal the two cigarettes from the friend that caused the other guy to viciously throw himself in front of packer's fists and feet.

Poor bloke, bless his soul.

Jetmaster
10-01-2014, 02:41 PM
Been fun for the Knights - three convicted thugs in one week.

Bet all keep their jobs though.

The Dunster
10-01-2014, 03:28 PM
Jets will probably have to trade a few star plyers so HSG can pay the Knights legal bills.

northern_swan
10-01-2014, 04:13 PM
Jets will probably have to trade a few star plyers so HSG can pay the Knights legal bills.
This.

plague
10-01-2014, 05:13 PM

Pffffffft.
'sif Middleby knows how to get money from transfers.

joel31
10-01-2014, 06:01 PM
What star players do we have

weston
10-01-2014, 06:09 PM
What star players do we have

Bridges

Skirt Boy
27-01-2014, 12:43 PM
Mason busted for DUI this morning.

MFKS
27-01-2014, 12:55 PM

Great bunch of role models they are :roflz:

Jetmaster
27-01-2014, 02:00 PM
Tried to get a post up this morning on the Herald but it has failed to pass.

I did not name the player in that post, but I once saw P*** H******n, pick up a takeaway at a Chinese a bit the worse for wear, his shirt was half out and he dropped his keys on the floor - obviously a bit tiddly. No issues at the restaurant, he was quiet and just waited for his order. He picked it up and then staggered out to the car where his wife and child were, and then got into the DRIVERS seat. I was completely gobsmacked he could be so stupid. As he pulled away I thought he would surely be pulled over but such was the Knights clout at the time, the cop would've gone "hey C***f, just take it easy and get your arse home - can I have your autograph !)

The thickhead comments on the Herald include some justifying it because others cop it - however a professional NRL player should understand the impacts of alcohol on his body - it's his job.

hawk
27-01-2014, 02:26 PM
however a professional NRL player should understand the impacts of alcohol on his body - it's his job.

no they dont. why this thread was born cause most novos cant admit that nrl players can do wrong

MFKS
27-01-2014, 03:28 PM
The thickhead comments on the Herald include some justifying it because others cop it - however a professional NRL player should understand the impacts of alcohol on his body - it's his job.

Always baffles me how they are actually allowed to drink during the season. As the game is quite professional with sports science rehab/recovery etc I find it amazing they are allowed to drink during the season.

Player runs around for 80 mins taking a tremendous physical toll on his body then goes out after the game and gets on the piss until all hours. Surely the sensible thing would be to be at home sleeping and recovering from the exertion. No these blokes are out actually hampering their recovery by putting a product into the system that takes out vital nutrients and vitamins from the body.

Considering the clubs pay them 100k 200k 300k etc you would think they would take some ownership of the situation and not tolerate their players ****ing their bodies up and not being at their best to train/play during the season.

plague
27-01-2014, 03:44 PM
Always baffles me how they are actually allowed to drink during the season. As the game is quite professional with sports science rehab/recovery etc I find it amazing they are allowed to drink during the season.

Player runs around for 80 mins taking a tremendous physical toll on his body then goes out after the game and gets on the piss until all hours. Surely the sensible thing would be to be at home sleeping and recovering from the exertion. No these blokes are out actually hampering their recovery by putting a product into the system that takes out vital nutrients and vitamins from the body.

Considering the clubs pay them 100k 200k 300k etc you would think they would take some ownership of the situation and not tolerate their players ****ing their bodies up and not being at their best to train/play during the season.

Even for you this is a fairly baffling comment.
Cause I'm sure you'd love to be told what to do in your spare time.
Even Cliffy Lyons used to suck on a bunger at halftime and he was a ledge. Didn't affect him none.

plague
27-01-2014, 03:48 PM

Couple of quiet beers the day before sir. Didn't eat that much. Wouldn't have driven other than having an early start at training. Very soz, will not do it again*. Might do a PSA if that's cool.

*may or may not be true.

MFKS
27-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Even for you this is a fairly baffling comment.
Cause I'm sure you'd love to be told what to do in your spare time.
Even Cliffy Lyons used to suck on a bunger at halftime and he was a ledge. Didn't affect him none.

Not disputing what Cliffy done back in the day smoking bungers in the corner of the dressing sheds at Ht and all that.

Those days though are long gone.

The argument players shouldn't tolerate being told what they can and can't do in their spare time doesn't wash. They get diet plans , vitamin plans and all the other medical science shoved at them to have their bodies in best nick possible. Then the dumb ****s set themselves back by getting legless on the weekend.

Many other sportsman have things written in their contracts that prohibit them from doing certain activities. Considering the club invests lots of time and money in these players Why can't they protect their investment by banning them from drinking during the season??

To say Alcohol has no effects on the body at their age is bullshit. It effects everyone know matter what the age

FFS I am still struggling after Saturdays shenanigans

Skirt Boy
27-01-2014, 06:25 PM
FFS I am still struggling after Saturdays shenanigans

Maybe should give up the booze then.

GazFish35
27-01-2014, 07:05 PM
Agree with the member. (Shoot me now)

Luke Longley had a clause in his contract with the Chicago bulls from body surfing..... And i think from riding his motorbikes.

Drinking in season or in preseason is ludicrous for a pro-athlete.

plague
27-01-2014, 09:25 PM
Agree with the member. (Shoot me now)

Luke Longley had a clause in his contract with the Chicago bulls from body surfing..... And i think from riding his motorbikes.

Drinking in season or in preseason is ludicrous for a pro-athlete.

Nah, they can do what they want, they are entertainers farkern. Nothing more, nothing less. You should be more concerned with your local rocket surgeon, brain scientist, teacher, pilot and bus driver having their performance affected by booze than your average footyhead.