PDA

View Full Version : Bridges In...... I'm out.

GazFish35
26-04-2014, 12:17 AM
The forgotten man in all of this In/out business.

I heard Dodd, Catlin and deans gave his tapas bar a bad review on tripadvisor so as new gaffer he had them fired. You know the poms love neighbours and it's exactly what Paul Robinson would do if someone bagged lassiters.

Bridges may well be the boss come Monday, not Arnie.
Why have we seemingly lost this possibility in all the ccm hate.

la bazzle
26-04-2014, 12:23 AM
More speculation threads plz

MFKS
26-04-2014, 09:03 AM
Good Call Mr Fish.

Bridges Out. Bloke has done nothing to warrant a coaching position and should not be near our first team until he has.
Give him a position running one of the Emerging Jets teams and let him learn how to coach

What's the odds the mystery bloke the club have interviewed besides Gypo Arnie and Zane is this bloke???

joel31
26-04-2014, 09:35 AM
do we really want to teach our youth to hog the ball, do aimless tricks and be too slow in possession?

GazFish35
26-04-2014, 09:41 AM
We be the best team in the corner, in the final 30seconds of each game.

Jeterpool
26-04-2014, 09:49 AM
This is ridiculous.

MFKS
26-04-2014, 09:59 AM
This is ridiculous.

What that people want him nowhere near the first team as a coach or the fact that although having a career where he played in the EPL about 100-200 times due to his monotonous injury list that qualifies him to be a coach of the first team at our club without any other coaching experience to show??

No offence but their are plenty more people with first hand experience of top flight football in England in this country such as Jacob Burns Kewell Viduka Bozza Slater Foster etc that have no coaching experience so why don't we give them a plum gig also???

Jetmaster
26-04-2014, 10:09 AM
Anybody who seriously thinks Bridgey will be head coach next week needs their head read, and I don't mind the bloke.

I call troll...

GazFish35
26-04-2014, 10:14 AM
I call troll...

What gave it away?
Was the tapas bar a step to far, or the Paul Robinson comment.

joel31
26-04-2014, 10:44 AM
What that people want him nowhere near the first team as a coach or the fact that although having a career where he played in the EPL about 100-200 times due to his monotonous injury list that qualifies him to be a coach of the first team at our club without any other coaching experience to show??

No offence but their are plenty more people with first hand experience of top flight football in England in this country such as Jacob Burns Kewell Viduka Bozza Slater Foster etc that have no coaching experience so why don't we give them a plum gig also???
Craig Foster coaches the under-16 NSWIS Football boys. he got them playing his tiki taka football

Jeterpool
26-04-2014, 02:37 PM

Ok, he's doing his badges so presumably he wants to go into coaching at some level. We bang on about how this club shows no loyalty to the players who want to be at the club like Griffiths. Well here's a player that has been at the club for a long period (in A-League terms) and he wants to move into a new career now his playing days are over. The club can facilitate this. How else is he going to get experience?

Just because he wasn't, in some people opinions, the best player we've seen automatically mean he'll be a terrible coach? There are plenty of examples of average players becoming good managers and vice versa.

And no offence taken, but he's in the right place at the right time to take an opportunity to take a coaching position at the club. That's how a lot of people get jobs. And do you know what, you listed a heap if players and if they were seriously wanted to coach then I wouldn't be against them coaching at the right level.

Bridges isn't ready for a first team coach, I agree. But if he starts at a emerging level and works his way up, good luck to him. As long as he is set goals to achieve and held accountable if he doesn't achieve them, all good.

sammydog
26-04-2014, 05:29 PM
They have him in a coaching capacity at a youth level. Following the clean out its nowhere near the first team by all reports, so why the uproar?

Seems like a logical place to start a coaching career.

I'd be disappointed if he was installed as first team coach, but it appears to be not on the clubs radar anyway. If he is in the club in a youth capacity while he learns the ropes, then I have no issues with that.

MFKS
26-04-2014, 05:31 PM
Ok, he's doing his badges so presumably he wants to go into coaching at some level. We bang on about how this club shows no loyalty to the players who want to be at the club like Griffiths. Well here's a player that has been at the club for a long period (in A-League terms) and he wants to move into a new career now his playing days are over. The club can facilitate this. How else is he going to get experience?

Just because he wasn't, in some people opinions, the best player we've seen automatically mean he'll be a terrible coach? There are plenty of examples of average players becoming good managers and vice versa.

And no offence taken, but he's in the right place at the right time to take an opportunity to take a coaching position at the club. That's how a lot of people get jobs. And do you know what, you listed a heap if players and if they were seriously wanted to coach then I wouldn't be against them coaching at the right level.

Bridges isn't ready for a first team coach, I agree. But if he starts at a emerging level and works his way up, good luck to him. As long as he is set goals to achieve and held accountable if he doesn't achieve them, all good.

Agree with what you said.

My main gripe is that we are in a position to offer him either the yoof team role or coaching any of the Emerging Jets teams. Would be more than content if he got one of these jobs learned the trade and paid his dues.

To me giving this bloke a position in the first team panel with no level of experience is a farce and a poor reflection on HSG and the decision makers at our club. It is also a slap in the face for the likes of James Pascoe and others in the Jets system or other clubs for that matter doing the hard yards with little reward and learning the trade whilst coaching yoof and NPL teams and not getting the opportunity

GazFish35
26-04-2014, 06:11 PM
If it does happen I'll be interested to see who pv4 rates as the biggest "old boys" club, the jerks or man Utd.

stopper2
26-04-2014, 11:32 PM
They have him in a coaching capacity at a youth level. Following the clean out its nowhere near the first team by all reports, so why the uproar?

Seems like a logical place to start a coaching career.

I'd be disappointed if he was installed as first team coach, but it appears to be not on the clubs radar anyway. If he is in the club in a youth capacity while he learns the ropes, then I have no issues with that.

I'm not sure if it's in an official capacity yet but Bridges was definitely there last week coaching the Emerging Jets U/18's against Magic U/22's. I see this as a good start for him and to work with younger players before he makes the big step up into senior level....if he can cut it. Crazy that some people are saying for him to take over the coaching reigns next season, obviously some people didn't take notice of the disaster at the Heart where placing a rookie coach (John Aloisi) in charge of a team where most of the players were his former team-mates....just doesn't work.

hawk
26-04-2014, 11:57 PM
non issue. maybe youth, next

Thomas477
27-04-2014, 01:00 PM
Can confirm Regz trains a squad as well on Wednesday nights.

Regz to be next youth coach?