19-06-2014, 04:00 AM
Taggz to run riot against the Spanish
Timmy to be well rested for the knockout stage

Blackmac79
19-06-2014, 04:02 AM
Ryan still yet to make a save?

Blackmac79
19-06-2014, 04:09 AM
What is with all the gypos. They must be sucking ange off or something. Ffs.

Blackmac79
19-06-2014, 04:12 AM
Second round yeh? (Haha I said it!)

westjet
19-06-2014, 04:12 AM
Almost worth forgiving you for being a gypo. Cmon Aussies!

Bremsstrahlung
19-06-2014, 04:18 AM
Tags warming up!

belchardo
19-06-2014, 04:21 AM
Bit of a roller coaster this game.

It's time to RELEASE THE TAGGZ!!!!!!!!!!!

Bremsstrahlung
19-06-2014, 04:24 AM
Halloran ffs

Blackmac79
19-06-2014, 04:26 AM
**** Ryan.

westjet
19-06-2014, 04:26 AM
How the **** did that beat him.

belchardo
19-06-2014, 04:27 AM
Bugger.

boz-monaut
19-06-2014, 04:29 AM
'absolute credit to Ange, his tactics have been superb' – Craig Foster, 19 June 2014

Blackmac79
19-06-2014, 04:33 AM
Taggart!

Bremsstrahlung
19-06-2014, 04:33 AM
Let's go tags! Yeww! To score and give a shakka

Blackmac79
19-06-2014, 04:34 AM
What a moment for newy.

westjet
19-06-2014, 04:34 AM
Cmon Taggz

westjet
19-06-2014, 04:36 AM
Gotta love it when the dutch complain of diving when they have Robben in their team.

belchardo
19-06-2014, 04:36 AM
Woo!

TAGGART :yay::yay:

Bremsstrahlung
19-06-2014, 04:37 AM
Best news: "we've just lost commentary from Brazil"

Blackmac79
19-06-2014, 04:41 AM
Best news: "we've just lost commentary from Brazil"

Sabotage!

WolfMan
19-06-2014, 04:42 AM
Foster's mic still not working. Basheer has taken the plug out. Well played

Bremsstrahlung
19-06-2014, 04:43 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if leckie gets picked up somewhere in epl or bundesliga.

Lolololol.
Issues with fosters microphone.

belchardo
19-06-2014, 04:53 AM
What a great effort.

Bring on the stinky spaniards!

Full 90 for taggz please ange.

Blackmac79
19-06-2014, 04:53 AM
The cameras caught wilkinson asking schnijder for his kit, he said no!

Jetmaster
19-06-2014, 04:55 AM
Oar and Leckie still don't convince me....they run and run but you can't see them scoring many.

westjet
19-06-2014, 04:56 AM
Great tactics from ange and well played by the boys. Unfortunate to be out but I am starting to get excited about 2018 already. Can only guess how good we can get when ange has had another 4 years with them all.

furns
19-06-2014, 05:25 AM
Leckie has already signed a 3yr deal with Bundesliga 2 club Ingolstadt

He may never even play for them if someone decent comes in for him after the WC

furns
19-06-2014, 05:26 AM
Great tactics from ange and well played by the boys. Unfortunate to be out but I am starting to get excited about 2018 already. Can only guess how good we can get when ange has had another 4 years with them all.I dunno about you, but considering the rapid improvement I am thinking we are looking good to go deep in the Asian Cup

plague
19-06-2014, 05:27 AM
Too many Gypos.
We'll never be much chop while this policy remains.
America cheering for RVP and don't know anyone else.
I'm in hell.

turbo
19-06-2014, 05:58 AM
One of the Chilean players has Michael Jordan tattooed on his neck!?!?!

turbo
19-06-2014, 06:44 AM
And Spain are going home!

joel31
19-06-2014, 07:57 AM
Although it was a valiant performance and for a large part of the game we dominated Holland. We have got through 2 games which we played exceptionally and could have had 4 points but we concede soft goals and waste good chances.
Matt Ryan and Alex Wilkinson were main contributors to Hollands goals
Spiranovic and Leckie should have scored as well
I have a feeling Cahill's goal and our performance won't be remembered for that long because we threw away the game and lost

Grimario
19-06-2014, 08:05 AM
Matt Ryan and Alex Wilkinson were main contributors to Hollands goals

Blame gypos all you want but the sole contributor to their second goal was Davidson not stepping up with the entire defensive line. Too busy watching his man, ignoring his defensive duties and kept RVP onside.

joel31
19-06-2014, 08:16 AM
Blame gypos all you want but the sole contributor to their second goal was Davidson not stepping up with the entire defensive line. Too busy watching his man, ignoring his defensive duties and kept RVP onside.
Wilkinson let Robben through for the first goal and should have tracked RVP for the 2nd although I agree about Davidson
Ryan should have saved 1st and 3rd but we also should have pressed better on 3rd

pv4
19-06-2014, 08:27 AM
1st goal wilko got turned and beat by Robben. But so did Spain multiple times in their game vs Robben :rof: spira did his best to both shut out the option to rvp whilst closing robben down and unfortunately for us Robben is world class and managed to shoot in the only spot that could have gone in.

2nd goal there were multiple issues. Neither of our 2 holding mids shutting the play down on the edge of the box, thus spira and wilko jumping up (and wilko leaving rvp alone) to shut the ball down, and davidson being left man marking robben and too inexperienced/non-confident to leave him to jump up with the centre backs.

Third goal was a serious lack of pressure and poor goalkeeping.

leftrightout
19-06-2014, 09:00 AM
1st goal why didnt Wilkinson drag him down? he looked like he half tried and then let him go. Surely at half way just take the yellow.
2nd goal as been said, multiple things went wrong but in my opinion davidson mainly. Thats a shame because he has been brilliant for us.
3rd goal should have been more pressure on scorer. Matt Ryan will be dirty on himself, It was a keeper error but it wasnt hugely bad, ball dipped and swerved. I blame no one shutting the ball alot more than ryan.

Tagz got on, did he touch the ball? they shut the game out very well as soon as they went up 3-2.

belchardo
19-06-2014, 09:59 AM
1st goal why didnt Wilkinson drag him down? he looked like he half tried and then let him go. Surely at half way just take the yellow.
2nd goal as been said, multiple things went wrong but in my opinion davidson mainly. Thats a shame because he has been brilliant for us.
3rd goal should have been more pressure on scorer. Matt Ryan will be dirty on himself, It was a keeper error but it wasnt hugely bad, ball dipped and swerved. I blame no one shutting the ball alot more than ryan.

thanks for saving me the bother of typing up my thoughts. :)

GazFish35
19-06-2014, 10:29 AM
BK clearly at fault for all three.

6months more experience for the young blokes at the back, and Kruse not injured and we are through.

Tghings are looking good for the Asian Cup, if only arrogant ****s like Niell didnt keep telling the world the young guys werent good enough then maybe thyed have got the experience they needed prior to the WC

leftrightout
19-06-2014, 10:51 AM
6months more experience for the young blokes at the back, and Kruse not injured and we are through.

Tghings are looking good for the Asian Cup, if only arrogant ****s like Niell didnt keep telling the world the young guys werent good enough then maybe thyed have got the experience they needed prior to the WC

Really looking forward to kruse being involved with the team at the moment. Also i know he still hasnt really proved himself but i think Rogic to come in would be massive aswell. Particularly now when Bresc sturggles to get past 60-70 minutes.

Also a good point on the old hacks bring the youngens down. Maybe all along all they needed was some good management.
Ange should get an absolute shit load of credit for what he has done so far. Amazing job!

Jeterpool
19-06-2014, 11:01 AM
I'm so proud of the team after today's performance.

Leckie - I stand corrected. Really good game. Same with Davidson, but he did make a mistake in his positioning for the third goal.

Cahill....wow. Where will the goals come from when he retires? Brescia had another solid game but his wayward pass allowed holland to counter of the first. Did he end up getting injured?

Spira will be overseas next season, no doubt.

McGowan even had a pretty good game. Great to see taggz get a run but he really looked out of his depth a few times...pushed off very easily and he didn't really present much of an option. Look to him getting a run out against Spain but I think ange will put Leckie up top and halloran on.

Ryan is very indecisive. He's very eager to come out at times I wouldn't think a keeper would or should. Still young I know.

Dead rubber for the next game but let's try finish ahead of Spain.

The history books will will show we lost two matches, but I think in reality we we have gained a whole lot more than that.

MFKS
19-06-2014, 11:37 AM
500 faarrkking cervajas today can not diminish a great game and the lingering memory we got done over by a useless faarkking Gypo.

The **** ought to be deported for that.

We were faaarrkkinng fantastic and should have got something out of the game if it wasn't for our useless keeper who hasn't saved shit all tournament.

Useless Faarking Gypo ****

Put me on suicide watch tonight por favour

GYPOS OUT

Thomas477
19-06-2014, 11:44 AM
Really hoping that Langerak gets a run in the next game. He can't do any worse than Ryan has.

Actually, **** that, send BK over, he can't do much worse.

Grimario
19-06-2014, 11:52 AM
I hope Langerak, Wright and Luongo all get a run next game.

leftrightout
19-06-2014, 12:07 PM
I'm so proud of the team after today's performance.

Leckie - I stand corrected. Really good game. Same with Davidson, but he did make a mistake in his positioning for the third goal.

Cahill....wow. Where will the goals come from when he retires? Brescia had another solid game but his wayward pass allowed holland to counter of the first. Did he end up getting injured?

Spira will be overseas next season, no doubt.

McGowan even had a pretty good game. Great to see taggz get a run but he really looked out of his depth a few times...pushed off very easily and he didn't really present much of an option. Look to him getting a run out against Spain but I think ange will put Leckie up top and halloran on.

Ryan is very indecisive. He's very eager to come out at times I wouldn't think a keeper would or should. Still young I know.

Dead rubber for the next game but let's try finish ahead of Spain.

The history books will will show we lost two matches, but I think in reality we we have gained a whole lot more than that.

Leckie for me has been the biggest positive so far. Has really changed my mind from thinking he is so so to making me think he has a lot of potential. Certainly not the finished product, has a lot to improve on that final pass/option but certainly looks to be promising.
Davidson has also been good, its nice to finally have a left fullback, the guy can potentially play alot of games for the socceroos if he keeps his club form decent enough, he will be pencilled in every time.

It was sad to lose the game but "proud" is most definitely the word that sums up this morning.

Grimario
19-06-2014, 12:26 PM
Davidson has been the standout for me. I've caught a few dodgy streams of Eredivisie games the last year or so and he has impressed but nothing quite as good as I think he has been these two games. Only blight is that failure to hold the line, other than that he has been excellent.

Imyourhero
19-06-2014, 12:52 PM
Honestly I feel like it's a great day to be an Australian, we have one game to go but so far I'm as proud of the boys and I was in '06. A big F*** YAAA to the negative hacks who were quick to write off the boys, we are Australian, we never shy away from a battle.
Leckie = awesome performance, i think this experience will really open his eyes to the improvement he is capable of making.
Davidson = great game from this boy (apart from keeping RVP on side) and credit to him for coming back from copping so much shit in pre-world cup to give 120% for his country and 2 good performances, his showings should give his networth and interest a big push.
Cahill = f**king jesus christ, have my babies, give him a knighthood, gold statues in every major city, this man is a classic Aussie and a perfect example of a footballer and human being. What a way to end your playing days for a country you have always given your everything.Easily Australia's greatest player ever IMO
Bresc = so sad to see him come off, sad way for him to end his reign as well. Honestly feel why yes, we all know he's a great player, that he's drastically underrated. Thankyou Bresc
Spiranoivc= "A-league is shit", "Aww they'll take the piss", this bloke has absolutely killed it. If he isn't in europe soon i'm rioting in the streets.
McGowan, Wilk, Mckay = we all know these boys are quite up at others levels however you've gotta give credit to them, they left nothing on the pitch.

All in all the only 2 players I wish I would have seen more from was Oar and Ryan, I felt like Oar was hardly ever involved and while he's fast he isn't quite as nippy as he could be to make up for his lack of size and strength, crossing from set pieces could have been better too. Ryan would be dissapointed in himself as while our defending for some of the goals was off he probably could have done a little better especially after a strong season for his club. Still did their country proud though.

MFKS
19-06-2014, 01:07 PM
:fap: To be perfectly fair to Oar he has had to track back to offer protection to Davidson who had Alexis Sánchez and Robben to deal with and he done a good job at that.

On the other hand Leckie has offered faarrkk all support to his right back most of the time.

Might be why the attacking contribution has been there from Leckie and not Oar

Imyourhero
19-06-2014, 01:13 PM
Definetly good point.
How was the feeling from our supporters over there, MFKS? Everyone happy with the boys?

WolfMan
19-06-2014, 01:22 PM
Am I the only one that thinks McGowan was our weak point today? Constantly getting turned inside-out by old mate down the left there. Never looked like stopping him.

Grimario
19-06-2014, 01:24 PM
Am I the only one that thinks McGowan was our weak point today? Constantly getting turned inside-out by old mate down the left there. Never looked like stopping him.

Only because Leckie offers zero support tracking back. Franjic would have been just as caught out.

leftrightout
19-06-2014, 01:30 PM

The dutch left midfielder did play well though, i thought he was close to their best.
I think McGowan is a better option than Franjic but also think we would have someone better than both of them, im just not sure who that is!

Grimario
19-06-2014, 01:32 PM
The dutch left midfielder did play well though, i thought he was close to their best.
I think McGowan is a better option than Franjic but also think we would have someone better than both of them, im just not sure who that is!

It's a bit of a worry that those are the two best options. Would Rhys Williams be first choice there or central/midfield?

leftrightout
19-06-2014, 01:37 PM
I would have thought central, but with good and sainsbury there and wilkinson doing a good job obviously spira absolutely smashing it, williams seems the most versatile so he maybe able to go in there.

Grimario
19-06-2014, 01:44 PM
I think his preferred position is centre back but pretty sure he was moved to right back last year when Aitor Karanka came in.

*edit*

Yep - http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2013/12/13/williams-unfazed-position-change

pv4
19-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Yall need to stop bagging Franjic. He is a god. I don't mind if people pull me up on this but Franjic could seriously play right back for any team in the world and not look out of place IMO.

Sainsbury has flirted with right back a bunch.

While we're talking about the future, we are also forgetting a certain right back who made Ange's 30 man squad but was cut in the 27man squad.

Grimario
19-06-2014, 02:16 PM
Apart from all of those times where he is literally out of place.

leftrightout
19-06-2014, 02:29 PM
While we're talking about the future, we are also forgetting a certain right back who made Ange's 30 man squad but was cut in the 27man squad.

True, Brillante is a really good, reliable player. I would love to see him given a chance in Asian cup

Bon
19-06-2014, 02:32 PM
True, Brillante is a really good, reliable player. I would love to see him given a chance in Asian cup

I agree, but I still think he is wasted at RB..
Definitely better in the mids..

Skirt Boy
19-06-2014, 03:18 PM
We lost...........................what is there to be happy about?

lquiquer
19-06-2014, 03:44 PM

We still in front of Spain

Jetmaster
19-06-2014, 05:25 PM

Very happy a predicted Armageddon hasn't happened - the performances will have long term consequences.

Remember what happened against France and Brazil very recently.

Admit though, if Ange had been in charge six months earlier we would probably have four points in the bag.

baldrick
19-06-2014, 07:41 PM

5 reasons

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-19/five-reasons-to-be-cheerful-about-the-socceroos-loss/5534934

Mark325
19-06-2014, 09:12 PM
The big thing people need to take from this world cup is that we were expected to not only lose every game, but get slaughtered every game. In another group, with the way we played against Chile and Dutch, we easily could have made it through. In four more years hopefully some of the younger boys will really start to come into their own, Kruse coming back into the squad and hopefully a slightly easier group stage and we could definitely make an impact.

Jetmaster
19-06-2014, 09:26 PM
In years to come Timmy's World Cup winning goal will be discussed in the same hushed tones as Griff's GF winner...

MFKS
19-06-2014, 09:34 PM
Yall need to stop bagging Franjic. He is a god. I don't mind if people pull me up on this but Franjic could seriously play right back for any team in the world and not look out of place IMO.

Sainsbury has flirted with right back a bunch.

While we're talking about the future, we are also forgetting a certain right back who made Ange's 30 man squad but was cut in the 27man squad.This bloke have Gypo roots we don't know about???

Any club in the world your kidding. Bloke is barely a HAL player who can't defend. Not useful really for a fullback

MFKS
19-06-2014, 09:42 PM
Positive mood amongst fans cause we have aimed up and have been in positions to win. Which is much more than most expected. He'll most are delighted to see us score a goal and not get beaten 5-0 5-0 5-0

We are also winning pladuits from the locals who are amazed at us sticking it to teams and having a go.
Most had low opinions of us but are amazed at how well we are doing considered the calibre of our opponent

Our fans are loud and get behind the team. Yesterday you only heard the Dutch when they scored and after Gypo cost us the game. Everyone here loves us. You have an inflatable kangaroo and you are mobbed for photos and the locals can't stop coming up to talk to you if they know some english

GazFish35
19-06-2014, 09:52 PM

We aren't Spurs fans.

Jetmaster
19-06-2014, 10:49 PM
Just watched Foz interviewing Ange....is that the first time since the famous stoush years ago?

parksey
20-06-2014, 01:02 AM
nah they've talked on air plenty of times since he took the brisbane job.

Tommyjet
20-06-2014, 06:07 AM
It's a bit of a worry that those are the two best options. Would Rhys Williams be first choice there or central/midfield?

Centre back next to spira

GazFish35
20-06-2014, 08:35 AM
Just watched Foz interviewing Ange....is that the first time since the famous stoush years ago?
Nup, they have even shaken hands and Foz somewhat apologised.

I'd love to see him actually really really apologise in person Live on TV with tears and hugging and all that.

Grimario
20-06-2014, 10:06 AM
Centre back next to spira

Would have thought Good would be laying claim to one of those.... though at his age, I guess he has to earn it.

Skirt Boy
20-06-2014, 11:24 AM
5 reasons

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-19/five-reasons-to-be-cheerful-about-the-socceroos-loss/5534934

See this is why we will never become a football powerhouse.............Unlike other sports where it's expected we will defeat everyone, in football we always do the "Oh the boys tried unlucky result" yadda ****ing yadda

And lets be honest here. Ok yeah sure we played some awesome football. But every single goal scored against we played utter shiate. They were soft and unless these serious issues are fixed we will be ****ed.

Far out. Take the glasses off.............We still have major problems..........."Oh but the boys tried hard and took it too em" Yeah **** that shit............We still lost and are out of the tournament.

Harden up. Trying hard is no longer an excuse IMO

Jetmaster
20-06-2014, 11:39 AM
If this was the golden team I'd agree - but the circumstances we found ourselves lent to possible humiliation.

Nowhere near the finished product, but overall the performance has exceeded expectations.

At the Asian Cup the expectations will be far higher.

parksey
20-06-2014, 01:42 PM
See this is why we will never become a football powerhouse.............Unlike other sports where it's expected we will defeat everyone, in football we always do the "Oh the boys tried unlucky result" yadda ****ing yadda

And lets be honest here. Ok yeah sure we played some awesome football. But every single goal scored against we played utter shiate. They were soft and unless these serious issues are fixed we will be ****ed.

Far out. Take the glasses off.............We still have major problems..........."Oh but the boys tried hard and took it too em" Yeah **** that shit............We still lost and are out of the tournament.

shut up

leftrightout
20-06-2014, 01:51 PM
shut up
:lulzturtle:

pv4
20-06-2014, 01:56 PM
shut up

Lrn 2 deal with differing opinions better, parksey.

SB the things I'm stoked about from this WC so far:
- we haven't been spanked like it seemed we would when the draw came out
- spira
- davidson
- leckie
- just in general putting our young promising players in the international spotlight

Spira moving and playing at a good euro team will strengthen the NT. Same goes for all our other players. The more exposure we give them in competitive, international games the better the team becomes.

No, we haven't exactly gone forward as a nation since 06. No, qe haven't got results in the world cup. But finally, after 8 years of being in a decline, we're looking up.

Skirt Boy
20-06-2014, 02:17 PM
Lrn 2 deal with differing opinions better, parksey.

SB the things I'm stoked about from this WC so far:
- we haven't been spanked like it seemed we would when the draw came out
- spira
- davidson
- leckie
- just in general putting our young promising players in the international spotlight

Spira moving and playing at a good euro team will strengthen the NT. Same goes for all our other players. The more exposure we give them in competitive, international games the better the team becomes.

No, we haven't exactly gone forward as a nation since 06. No, qe haven't got results in the world cup. But finally, after 8 years of being in a decline, we're looking up.

I agree we played some awesome football................but that's as far as I'm going.

Grimario
20-06-2014, 02:24 PM
All we've done is get back to the level we were under Guus. However, the improvement in football from the days of Pim and Holger is the real thing to be upbeat about, especially as it has come with a massive slashing and burning of the old folk.

If you then think about the players we are missing with injury and the massive improvement they would make to a few of our weak spots... why wouldn't you be pleased with this WC showing and the positive future that it suggests?

Mark325
20-06-2014, 03:25 PM

You make it out like we ever planned on making it through the tournament. No one, you included thought we were going to win, and a lot of people were expecting a massacre every time we played. So, why be upset that we didn't make it through, they exceeded expectations. This mentality will not fly come Asian Cup and come World Cup 2018, but for now I feel it's a pretty acceptable attitude to adopt

Premy
20-06-2014, 05:13 PM
The most important thing is to carry the momentum on and off the park.
No one, No one has the right to an Australian shirt if you're not performing you get dropped, the last thing I want to see is 8 years from now we have to throw a new batch of kids in all at the same time. Blooding young players needs to happen progressively just look at Spain it can happen to the best of them.

GazFish35
20-06-2014, 07:43 PM
Skirtboy watched "my left foot" and left the cinema complaining the bloke is too one footed.

Thomas477
20-06-2014, 10:10 PM
Skirtboy watched "my left foot" and left the cinema complaining the bloke is too one footed.

:lulz:

Bremsstrahlung
21-06-2014, 12:23 PM
You make it out like we ever planned on making it through the tournament. No one, you included thought we were going to win, and a lot of people were expecting a massacre every time we played. So, why be upset that we didn't make it through, they exceeded expectations. This mentality will not fly come Asian Cup and come World Cup 2018, but for now I feel it's a pretty acceptable attitude to adopt

This. Given the decline and lack of development from 2006, this year was a "wipe the slate clean" year. Our group was always going to be tough. In another group, and in hindsight, we probably could've made it to the 16. Come asian cup, we need to at LEAST make the semis, expect a final and hopefully win.

My biggest hope, is that our players get picked up by good clubs. Leckie was impressive and should get an upgrade to a better club after his efforts. Spira will hopefully get picked up. Halloran may get picked up by a first division team. Taggz and another striker need to emerge, go somewhere where they are playing first team football, in the most competitive league possible. If that's the A-league, so be it. Unless you're at a big club, being in reserves won't do much, even though the training itself is probably better.

I do agree with some points SB has. We've come a long way with football in this country. 3 consecutive world cups. We need to start expecting more. FFA need to raise their standards and expectations and we need a coach (whether it be Ange or somebody else) who can implement this. Merely qualifying, shouldn't be our goal anymore. R16 should be our goal for 2018. Cahill and Bresh will be massive losses. We need somebody to score our goals. and a creative midfielder to step up.

Bremsstrahlung
24-06-2014, 03:19 AM
Hoping tagz has a good game!! would like him to score

Foster should stfu. Spain are protected species.

belchardo
24-06-2014, 03:22 AM
Foster in particularly annoying form today.

Bremsstrahlung
24-06-2014, 03:35 AM
Half want him to put his pride where his mouth is and have a go at coaching somebody. But instead he will just sit there and criticise.
But the other half doesn't want him anywhere near a football team.

Has a decent point about how poor we keep possession.
I think leckie has impressed a lot, a new club would probabaly be interested.

belchardo
24-06-2014, 03:49 AM
Taggz has seemed really slow and out of sorts. Service hasn't been great though.

plague
24-06-2014, 03:49 AM
We don't look good at all.

Bremsstrahlung
24-06-2014, 04:00 AM
Tagz looks out if his depth tbh. Loses the ball or hits a stray pass most of the time. Needs to keep it.
Everybody else isn't much better. Leckie getting closed down easily. Oar probably would have more luck.

Villa getting his first look at Australian defences.

Jetmaster
24-06-2014, 04:11 AM
This just reinforced my doubts with Taggs going to a physical league like the Championship....on the other hand he needs to harden up.

WolfMan
24-06-2014, 04:17 AM
McGowan again doing a poor impersonation of an international footballer. McKay also less than impressive

Agree RE: Taggart. But the answer doesn't seem to be pushing a natural wide-man into the middle, only to see him hug the line every chance he gets.

belchardo
24-06-2014, 04:26 AM
This is our worst performance of the cup.

belchardo
24-06-2014, 04:30 AM
FFS! WE AREN'T WEARING BLACK! Stop bloody passing to them!!!!!!

Jetmaster
24-06-2014, 04:36 AM
Think we needed that second right back...ie Wilkshire.

belchardo
24-06-2014, 04:38 AM
Netherlands up 1-0 in the other game

belchardo
24-06-2014, 04:41 AM
So poor. Hasn't been the greatest tournament for Ryan.

Imyourhero
24-06-2014, 04:45 AM
My 3 2 1 for the tournament.
3 = Davidson
2 = Spira
1 = Cahill

Probably some interesting decisions there for some but all comes down to how much the top 2 exceeded my expectations.
Special mentions to Bresc and Leckie.

Jetmaster
24-06-2014, 04:48 AM
Overall play has been good but we have nobody who can score goals, we make too many poor passing decisions and our defence has conceded three each match.

GazFish35
24-06-2014, 05:07 AM
Craig foster sure uses a lot of words to say nothing.

pv4
24-06-2014, 05:48 AM
Spira is love. Spira is life.

joel31
24-06-2014, 06:47 AM
Our 4th World Cup is now over and it's been full of valiant performances yet no reward. The boys have provided us some great games and great moments and we haven't embarrassed ourselves against the best. A lot of the young players have done well and this has been a great learning curve, despite the limited time left with Timmy Cahill, the future is bright!

pv4
24-06-2014, 07:28 AM
Really just did not rate Wilkinson this whole tournament. He had a big part in at least half, if not more, of the goals we conceded IMO.

A shame that da memba backed him so much to make the squad - makes me feel sick tbh.

leftrightout
24-06-2014, 08:56 AM
My 3 2 1 for the tournament.
3 = Davidson
2 = Spira
1 = Cahill

Probably some interesting decisions there for some but all comes down to how much the top 2 exceeded my expectations.
Special mentions to Bresc and Leckie.

Yep they are the 5 that our good performances were based around.
I couldnt put them in 3-2-1 order though.

leftrightout
24-06-2014, 09:01 AM
Really just did not rate Wilkinson this whole tournament. He had a big part in at least half, if not more, of the goals we conceded IMO.

A shame that da memba backed him so much to make the squad - makes me feel sick tbh.

Remember Williams, Good, Sainsbury all likely to come in for Asian cup. Just keep looking forward

Jeterpool
24-06-2014, 09:30 AM
Tagz looks out if his depth tbh. Loses the ball or hits a stray pass most of the time. Needs to keep it.
Everybody else isn't much better. Leckie getting closed down easily. Oar probably would have more luck.

Villa getting his first look at Australian defences.

My thoughts after the first half too

Jeterpool
24-06-2014, 09:37 AM
Remember Williams, Good, Sainsbury all likely to come in for Asian cup. Just keep looking forward

It's our attack where I fear for us going forward. Without Cahill I've wondered for a while whee the goals are coming.

Taggz certainly looked out of his depth as was said above, but hey it was his first World Cup, his first start. I thought he'd have done alright playing on a crap surface. He's had plenty of experience. If you look at someone like Leckie, he's grown with every game. Jedinak has bulked up since his time in the a league. Some better coaching, some bulking up and training on his left foot and he could do it. He didn't get a great deal of service but I hope this doesn't rule him out for future squads. I don't think it will.

We've got kruse to come back too. I agree with imyourhero that spira, Davidson and Leckie were big pluses for the future of the team.

It was a disappointing way to end the tournament after the promise of the first two games. But let's use them as a benchmark.

The Asian cup was what we were building for so let's see what we have learned in 6 months time, and who actually gets released from their European clubs!

Jeterpool
24-06-2014, 09:44 AM
Oh yeah....and Forster should just give up

leftrightout
24-06-2014, 10:01 AM
It's our attack where I fear for us going forward. Without Cahill I've wondered for a while whee the goals are coming.

Taggz certainly looked out of his depth as was said above, but hey it was his first World Cup, his first start. I thought he'd have done alright playing on a crap surface. He's had plenty of experience. If you look at someone like Leckie, he's grown with every game. Jedinak has bulked up since his time in the a league. Some better coaching, some bulking up and training on his left foot and he could do it. He didn't get a great deal of service but I hope this doesn't rule him out for future squads. I don't think it will.

We've got kruse to come back too. I agree with imyourhero that spira, Davidson and Leckie were big pluses for the future of the team.

It was a disappointing way to end the tournament after the promise of the first two games. But let's use them as a benchmark.

The Asian cup was what we were building for so let's see what we have learned in 6 months time, and who actually gets released from their European clubs!

Kruse to come in. Hopefully Rogic can get fit, get game time and start to reach his potential, plus the fullbacks mentioned. If Cahill and Bresc use Asian cup as a last hurrah, i think we are looking quite good. No other Asian teams have hugely impressed so far. We havent gotten results but i think we have been the best. Japan have been hugely under expectations, Korea have been woeful, Iran have been fighting hard but we should still get past them on home soil.

Also, don't the Euro clubs have to release players for the Asian cup, euros, africa cup of nations etc? I thought they had to.

pv4
24-06-2014, 10:08 AM
It'll be interesting to see if the possession-based styles of Japan & Korea give us trouble or not in the Asian Cup. Iran are the real threat IMO.

Premy
24-06-2014, 10:23 AM

Lucas would not of done any better IMO, Ange's choices have been justified. This World Cup has been much about preparing for the Asian Cup, add Good and Williams to the squad and I don't think Wilkinson will be getting much game time.
Not picking Neill was a clear sign from Ange that no one has a mortgage on a shirt and it was time to change the guard.

leftrightout
24-06-2014, 10:26 AM
Lucas would not of done any better IMO, Ange's choices have been justified. This World Cup has been much about preparing for the Asian Cup, add Good and Williams to the squad and I don't think Wilkinson will be getting much game time.
Not picking Neill was a clear sign from Ange that no one has a mortgage on a shirt and it was time to change the guard.

Yeah i agree, Wilkinson was best available but not best when everyone is available.

Skirt Boy
24-06-2014, 10:41 AM
Three games and we didn't even get a draw..............We are ****ing shit.

pv4
24-06-2014, 11:00 AM
Three games and we didn't even get a draw..............We are ****ing shit.

I disagree, I think that view is too harsh.

There were a few hard groups, but we were pretty much in the Group of Death. Both finalists from last World Cup, and a group that not even the number 1 ranked team in the world pre-tournament could make it out of. Netherlands and Chile are just on fire, and destroyed the group. And Spain had the luxury of resting/dropping 7 or so players, and still fielding a team that had Cesc & Juan Mata (among others) on the bench.

No, we didn't get a point. But I find it extremely harsh to say we were "****ing shit" due to the context.

I'm confident we would have at least got a point if we were swapped groups with Iran, Korea or Japan.

hawk
24-06-2014, 11:29 AM
Some broken thoughts in a sleep deprived stupor which aint gonna get easier with 4 games a day -
-Rememeber when we had timmy and hope
-Deflated, we did well under the circumstances but prep was stupid. New coach, philosophy, blooding young players within a few months of WC. FFA were the jerks for sh1thouse organisation.
-shouldve fkd off Neil 2yrs ago
-We did ok but If you’re accepting that’s good enough you’re settling for under achievement
-In general play with ball with Bresh we look like we belong in the cup without we look like amateurs trying hard
-I think its more the golden triangle (bresh, Cahill, Kewell) then golden generation
-Taggart and Halloran shouldnt be near a WC pitch. Go through the friendlies and learn how to play like everyone else
-Anyone who is not going to be at the next WC gets the arse after the “Shocking Asian Cup” forever exemptions go to tim bresh for late subs
-Jed, Leckie, Bozanic, Trioisi and McKay did look ok at this level
-At 22 Davo did quite well
-Who tf is Baily wright?
-Who wont be there next time due to age? Jedinak, McKay, bresh, Tim, wilkinson(and maybe cause useless gypo)

Finally, who would you development for our first 11 for next WC?

Beeen
24-06-2014, 12:33 PM
Tommy Oar just isn't that good. Ryan McGowan is hopeless.

stormypete
24-06-2014, 02:02 PM
Oh yeah....and Forster should just give up

Imagine Forster and Harper together ... :fright:

Jeterpool
24-06-2014, 04:06 PM
Imagine Forster and Harper together ... :fright:

That's just mean. And disturbing.

Retro Jet
24-06-2014, 04:10 PM
Tommy Oar just isn't that good. Ryan McGowan is hopeless.

Watch the Villa goal..where he starts his run from and who's supposed to be marking him.
Caught ball watching BIG TIME!

pv4
24-06-2014, 04:19 PM
Watch the Villa goal..where he starts his run from and who's supposed to be marking him.
Caught ball watching BIG TIME!

Agreed but good god what is Wilko doing for that goal? He actually looks like he's tried to synchronize movements with Spira. I put equal blame on both McGowan & Wilko for that goal.

parksey
24-06-2014, 06:25 PM
i blame wilko more than mcgowan for that one.

Thomas477
24-06-2014, 07:54 PM
Ryan still isn't impressing me. Should have given Langerak a game.

redwah
24-06-2014, 09:08 PM
I may be a little wrong but I'm pretty sure 7 of the 9 goals we conceded in this cup were down the right fullbacks side. To me that shows Ange's mistake with going with only 1 right fullback of only A league quality. Not taking proper cover was a mistake. He should have kept wilkshire in the squad as cover for either side of the defence and a bit of experience. One of the extra midfielders that didn't get a kick should have been left out.

I think if Spain had played us first they would still be in this cup.

Thomas477
24-06-2014, 09:13 PM
Or even if he wanted another midfielder, should have kept Brillante who can play at RB.

GazFish35
24-06-2014, 09:18 PM
I may be a little wrong but I'm pretty sure 7 of the 9 goals we conceded in this cup were down the right fullbacks side. To me that shows Ange's mistake with going with only 1 right fullback of only A league quality. Not taking proper cover was a mistake. He should have kept wilkshire in the squad as cover for either side of the defence and a bit of experience. One of the extra midfielders that didn't get a kick should have been left out.

I think if Spain had played us first they would still be in this cup.

Wiltshire apparently didn't look after his injuries to a standard the medicos wanted, or upload his training and nutrition data ange wanted.

He didn't do what the coach asked, he's hardly gonna get picked.

redwah
24-06-2014, 09:35 PM
Wiltshire apparently didn't look after his injuries to a standard the medicos wanted, or upload his training and nutrition data ange wanted.

If that's the case he stuffed up royally. He should have played all three games and we could have got something from all. Franjic and McGowan were both caught out of position or ball watching and it cost us big time.

Bon
24-06-2014, 09:49 PM
Just saw this going on facey..

http://pedestriantv-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images%2Farticle%2F2014%2F06%2F24%2FNblpUPP.gif

GazFish35
24-06-2014, 10:31 PM
Foul, not fight.

But the "get ****ed ****" gif is undeniable.

GazFish35
24-06-2014, 10:33 PM
If that's the case he stuffed up royally. He should have played all three games and we could have got something from all. Franjic and McGowan were both caught out of position or ball watching and it cost us big time.
Who stuffed up? Ange or the player?

If a coach sets a standard and a player doesnt meet it, the coach would be a fool to turn a blind eye, it'd undermine his own authority.

I read somewhere ange wanted all the lads to use an app to record training and nutrition data, Wiltshire didn't..... What's a coach to do.

Jeterpool
24-06-2014, 11:18 PM

If a coach sets a standard and a player doesnt meet it, the coach would be a fool to turn a blind eye, it'd undermine his own authority.

I read somewhere ange wanted all the lads to use an app to record training and nutrition data, Wiltshire didn't..... What's a coach to do.

Exactly.

Premy
24-06-2014, 11:22 PM

I've also heard a rumour and I don't know how much truth there is to it, that Wilkshire played up while in Brazil.

parksey
24-06-2014, 11:48 PM
still it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to take guys like mass luongo and bailey wright, who were never going to get a game, instead of someone who could have proven to be valuable to the squad.

redwah
25-06-2014, 07:30 AM

Player.

Couldn't agree more. To many players think they are above the game. If you cant or don't put in the effort why think you deserve the rewards.

plague
25-06-2014, 07:56 AM
2nd best World Cup ever IMO.
1. Germany '06
2. Vegas '14
Caaaarrrnnnn

GazFish35
25-06-2014, 08:32 AM
still it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to take guys like mass luongo and bailey wright, who were never going to get a game, instead of someone who could have proven to be valuable to the squad.

Milligan went to Germany. Never got game time. Same in sth Africa, now he's one of our first picked. Sometimes you've gotta take a few for the experience.

Ange was ****ed over by Pim and Holger not blooding blokes earlier.

leftrightout
25-06-2014, 09:07 AM
Did you guys see Wilkshire against south africa? he really did look like he was carrying some condition!

parksey
26-06-2014, 12:25 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/fifa-world-cup-2014/australia-2014/craig-foster-robbie-slater-feud-flares-up-again-on-twitter-20140625-zskoz.html

it's pretty rich of slater to criticise someone else's commentary considering he can barely string a coherent sentence together.

i might be in the minority but i personally loved foz's commentary.

seldom
26-06-2014, 01:51 AM
Slater and Foster... both players...neither commentators IMO...give me Ned Zelic anyday

Premy
26-06-2014, 07:02 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/fifa-world-cup-2014/australia-2014/craig-foster-robbie-slater-feud-flares-up-again-on-twitter-20140625-zskoz.html

it's pretty rich of slater to criticise someone else's commentary considering he can barely string a coherent sentence together.

I don't rate Slater much as a Commentator either but I agree with him, I had to watch the Australian games in mute. Foster was and is terrible at Commentating, small things like Timmy's off side goal versus Chile Foster said "Cahill is arguably offside" when blind freddy could see he was clearly 2ft offside. There were many more I can't think of off the top of my head but I give up and mute was the better option.

leftrightout
26-06-2014, 09:26 AM
Foz is a shocking commentator. Some of what he said was cringeworthy and embarrasing. So much so that when i was out for the chile game people were really laughing at him.

In saying that, Slater saying anything is like Hey Dad having a go at Uncle Rolf!

sammydog
26-06-2014, 10:06 AM
Fosters big problem during a game is that he doesn't commentate. Its 90mins of analyisis. It bores the shit out of me and sucks the fun out of any game. There is a place for analysis, but its not during the game.

And for FFS, he sounded like he was going to top himself at the end of the Spain game when we were 3 down.

Problem is, the Fox commentary is equally bad in other ways.

Slater calling someone else on bad commentary though is ****ing hilarious, as was fosters response on twitter.

Craig_Foster: @RobbieSlater17 Rob, your thoughts are excretions. I long ago tired of your intellectual bowel movements. Bit harsh, eminently constructive

Two powerhouse intellectuals going toe to toe.

pv4
26-06-2014, 10:09 AM

Same here TBH.

Grimario
26-06-2014, 10:12 AM
I love him because he clearly isn't a commentator. He is an analyst who can't help but let his MASSIVE football fan come to the fore. Doesn't hide his bias at all and let's his emotions overflow.

If you start thinking that he is actually a commentator when he isn't, that's where hate comes from. And hate leads to fear. Fear leads to loathing. And fear and loathing lead to Las Vegas.

Skirt Boy
26-06-2014, 10:22 AM
I love him because he clearly isn't a commentator. He is an analyst who can't help but let his MASSIVE football fan come to the fore. Doesn't hide his bias at all and let's his emotions overflow.

If you start thinking that he is actually a commentator when he isn't, that's where hate comes from. And hate leads to fear. Fear leads to loathing. And fear and loathing lead to Las Vegas.

We need to bring out some of the British blokes. They may make games between Perth and Wellington actually exciting.............Actually screw that when watching games at home I struggle to stay awake.

pv4
26-06-2014, 10:29 AM

Agreed. I loved how near the end of the Spain game Foz just went "we're 3 down. We have to get going here. Come on boys, let's do this!"

Bremsstrahlung
26-06-2014, 11:05 AM
Can't stand him to be honest. To me it's the constant "I know what is best for football in this country, we need this, we need to do that, we need to focus on this, you're a shit coach, you're a shit coach". I get he's an analyst (questionable), but if he think he knows all the answers,give it a go, get out of your air conditioned office with all your cheat sheets of statistics and drawing triangles on a tv screen and jump into the pressure cooker of coaching.

I understand his job is to analyse, and that generally involves being critical, but i really just want him to give it a crack, since he seems to know how to be number 1 in the world.

Bon
26-06-2014, 11:19 AM
Same here TBH.

Yeah me too..

I can't stand Slater commentating.. Getting up Foz and telling him to be more professional in the com box is a bit hypocritical..
He doesn't stop whacking off and giving massive reach-arounds to the gypos or smurfs when either of those two are playing..