PDA

View Full Version : last nights performance makes me feel...

belchardo
27-05-2014, 04:18 PM
just interested to see how people feel after the game last night. has it improved or reduced your feeling about how we'll go in brazil?

Blackmac79
27-05-2014, 04:21 PM
Where's Holger?

Would have been better to lose 6-0 in each game under him at the World Cup than under Australia's "best" coach.

parksey
27-05-2014, 04:22 PM
definitely a reality check for me. i thought we could spring a bit of a surprise by being competitive and maybe jagging a win, probably against Holland. now I'm rather worried.

still, we were understrength ourselves last night. jedinak, bresh, spiranovic etc. will improve us but i'm not sure just how much improvement we have in us.

belchardo
27-05-2014, 04:23 PM
gee guys, give me a chance to post the poll! :D

Grimario
I couldn't give the slightest shit about how we go in Brazil, if I am honest.

The fact we played with some attacking intent and played some young players is what I was excited about. Throw in Jedinak/Spira/Wright (hopefully) and someone better than Troisi and I am excited just at the team sheet, completely without regard for results.

I think when people realise that, under Holger, we probably would have got smashed by an aggregate of 12-15 goals without having a single shot and under Ange we will do the same amount of losing but make an effort at scoring something, things might be a bit better. And throw in a random red card to a Dutch striker to give us a man advantage and who knows what could happen under Ange? Whatever it will end up being is a far better viewing than having four centre backs at the back with 3 centre backs in front of them like we played once sometime last year.

joel31
my expectations our now lower. After seeing our defence... (besides Davidson)

q-money
27-05-2014, 04:30 PM
i reckon we'll ****en walk this piss ant competition

Premy
27-05-2014, 04:35 PM
I couldn't give the slightest shit about how we go in Brazil, if I am honest.

The fact we played with some attacking intent and played some young players is what I was excited about. Throw in Jedinak/Spira/Wright (hopefully) and someone better than Troisi and I am excited just at the team sheet, completely without regard for results.

I think when people realise that, under Holger, we probably would have got smashed by an aggregate of 12-15 goals without having a single shot and under Ange we will do the same amount of losing but make an effort at scoring something, things might be a bit better. And throw in a random red card to a Dutch striker to give us a man advantage and who knows what could happen under Ange? Whatever it will end up being is a far better viewing than having four centre backs at the back with 3 centre backs in front of them like we played once sometime last year.
I second this sentiment, although we didn't light the world on fire you can see Ange has changed the dynamics of the squad and cleaned out the Dinosaurs. I always thought well before Holger got boned that we should of been building for the Asian Cup, now I'm a little more optimistic we're not going to be embarrassed on home soil.

plague
27-05-2014, 04:50 PM
Makes me feel happy that I won't have to get up at ungodly hours to watch it.
Thank Griff for being in a better time zone.

Mark325
27-05-2014, 05:12 PM
Going into this game I thought Australia were gonna get ****ed in Brazil, after the game my opinion didn't change at all. Our defence leaves a whole lot to be desired, our midfielders give the ball away too much, and I can't see our attackers getting as many chances against Chile, Spain and Holland as we did against South Africa

MFKS
27-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Makes me feel happy that I won't have to get up at ungodly hours to watch it.
Thank Griff for being in a better time zone.

I tell you what Plague the Spain game worries the shit out of me. Not because we are gonna get pumped.
Spain have 65%-70% of the ball when they play very good teams. An inept side like us then the figure may reach the 90% mark.

I actually find matches involving Spain boring to watch. It ain't a captivating contest. It is gonna be painful watching this shower of shite get owned by espania.

Then again on second thoughts after watching the Jets ineptness week in week out in recent years and still fronting up for more I should be well prepared for the shit us Aussies will endure in a couple of weeks time:whistling: