PDA

View Full Version : Official Manchester City Supporters Thread

q-money
05-07-2012, 10:18 AM
On behalf of the chairman, I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome Robin Van Persie to Eastlands from our feeder club, Arsenal FC.

http://assets.pakwheels.com/forums/2009/5/11/n517145783_440204_1327_3EC_PakWheels(com).jpg

v-tec just kicked in yo!

GazFish35
05-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Good luck to keeping him fit.

Skirt Boy
05-07-2012, 02:58 PM
Does this mean we can keep Emmanuel Adebayor and you lot still pay his wages?

pv4
05-07-2012, 03:10 PM
we done it, boys.

q-money
05-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Good luck to keeping him fit.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UH14lpVbAs4/T9kCIhkQbwI/AAAAAAAAAQU/d97hLPJeS34/s1600/dawson%2520crying-thumb-500x375.jpg

he only has to play one game a month, 5th choice striker mind

GazFish35
05-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Lol.
He's Dutch too! Great for team harmony..... Heard he gets on famously with Nasri.

I just hope we sell him to citeh now and get some cash for him. Would hate to see the club get nothing from him leaving after standing by him through his injury prone 7seasons

russjaybee
06-07-2012, 10:04 AM
In eight seasons at Arsenal, van Persie has only twice started over half of their league games (08/09 and 11/12).

q-money
06-07-2012, 10:12 AM
why are you blokes having such a sook then? you've still got bendtner out on loan

pv4
06-07-2012, 10:13 AM
talking him down won't hide the fact that he's equally as big a loss as vieira, henry & cesc.

if rvp stays until the end of the season, or until jan, will his captaincy be taken off him?

if it does, or if he leaves, who's the captain now? is there anyone influential enough to give it to?

russjaybee
06-07-2012, 10:29 AM
This is a bigger loss than Henry, Henry was planned for and was a mutual agreement between Henry and the club.

He can't stay this season, he's made that pretty much impossible with his friendly little letter.

The reason Arsenal supporters are hurt over this is not so much the fact he's leaving, but the way which he has gone about it.

pv4
06-07-2012, 10:42 AM
would there have been any way he could have gone about it which wouldn't have hurt though?

snake
06-07-2012, 10:43 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UH14lpVbAs4/T9kCIhkQbwI/AAAAAAAAAQU/d97hLPJeS34/s1600/dawson%2520crying-thumb-500x375.jpg

:lulz:

fix the emoticons

also this should be one - get onto it, petec

russjaybee
06-07-2012, 10:59 AM
Errr yes pv4, he could have gone out without slinging shit at the club and publicly airing dirty laundry with the hope of getting the fans on his side against the club.
http://arseblog.com/2012/07/this-is-how-it-feels/

GazFish35
06-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Man city eh!

Skirt Boy
06-07-2012, 12:29 PM
Errr yes pv4, he could have gone out without slinging shit at the club and publicly airing dirty laundry with the hope of getting the fans on his side against the club.
http://arseblog.com/2012/07/this-is-how-it-feels/

The irony in this whole situation is that Arsenal done exactly the same thing to Spurs years ago with Sol Campbell and now that something similar is happening to them the behavior of their fans, ect is simply quite hilarious as all shit.

Wish the lad all the best at Man City!

pv4
06-07-2012, 12:37 PM
the way i see it, rvp said "i won't be re-signing, but i'll always love arsenal. it's not because of money, which hasn't even been mentioned, but more a conflict of interest in the direction the club is heading. sozzle".

if he just said "i won't be re-signing. laterz, sozzle." everyone would be hounding him as a money-hungry so-and-so that never cared for the club. he cares for the club, he's admitted it, he just doesn't want to taint his own reptuation & is basically just re-confirming what the likes of cesc, nasri & clichy have done last year (and please don't get caught up on the money-hunger of the city boiz because that's not what i'm trying to point out in this case, i'm just trying to say that it's a problem that was brought up well before rvp and seemingly will get re-introduced every offseason).

no matter how rvp did it, in what timeframe & in what manner, arsenal fans would find it "the worst way possible he could have done it".

GazFish35
06-07-2012, 12:43 PM
The irony in this whole situation is that Arsenal done exactly the same thing to Spurs years ago with Sol Campbell and now that something similar is happening to them the behavior of their fans, ect is simply quite hilarious as all shit.

Wish the lad all the best at Man City!
agreed. its football, move on.

the way i see it, rvp said "i won't be re-signing, but i'll always love arsenal. it's not because of money, which hasn't even been mentioned, but more a conflict of interest in the direction the club is heading. sozzle".

if he just said "i won't be re-signing. laterz, sozzle." everyone would be hounding him as a money-hungry so-and-so that never cared for the club. he cares for the club, he's admitted it, he just doesn't want to taint his own reptuation & is basically just re-confirming what the likes of cesc, nasri & clichy have done last year (and please don't get caught up on the money-hunger of the city boiz because that's not what i'm trying to point out in this case, i'm just trying to say that it's a problem that was brought up well before rvp and seemingly will get re-introduced every offseason).

no matter how rvp did it, in what timeframe & in what manner, arsenal fans would find it "the worst way possible he could have done it".

no, he could have left it till th eend of next january.
hes givent he club plenty of time to sort their shit out.
two signings dont make a EPL winning side, he wants trophies, we want no debt, in the EPL the two do not exist together.

russjaybee
06-07-2012, 12:44 PM
PV4 can you not see the things very delicately included in rvp's letter to attack the club? his jibes at the CEO etc? none of that was needed.
He could have simply come out and said "thank you to arsenal for the faith they put in me over the years and the fans etc, i have chosen to move on to another club but arsenal will forever hold a special place in my heart".

We've seen better players come and go and the Arsenal will go on, fairwell rvp, thanks for the goals, you were a great captain over the last season and a half and provided some fantastic goals. I'm done with the subject, forge forward!

goaliepersempre
06-07-2012, 12:46 PM
he is no nasri but... what a kent...

GazFish35
06-07-2012, 01:53 PM
PV4 can you not see the things very delicately included in rvp's letter to attack the club? his jibes at the CEO etc? none of that was needed.
He could have simply come out and said "thank you to arsenal for the faith they put in me over the years and the fans etc, i have chosen to move on to another club but arsenal will forever hold a special place in my heart".

We've seen better players come and go and the Arsenal will go on, fairwell rvp, thanks for the goals, you were a great captain over the last season and a half and provided some fantastic goals. I'm done with the subject, forge forward!

agreed.
name on the back of the shirt never bigger than the badge on the front.
We shall break even!

parksey
06-07-2012, 03:25 PM
can't blame the guy though

GazFish35
06-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Not all. He wants to win stuff. And that ain't happenning at emirates till we aren't just sponsored by the middle east, but owned by them.

parksey
06-07-2012, 05:26 PM
if he was smart he'd go to somewhere like real or bayern.

GazFish35
06-07-2012, 06:17 PM
Or Celtic.

la bazzle
20-08-2012, 04:37 AM
Bluuuuuuueee mooooooooooonnnnnn