PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation to The Squadron Football Supporters Club

hausmann
07-07-2014, 11:20 AM
Following on from my comments on the "Idiots" Thread in Ask the Club, as a Squadron member, I want to make a recommendation to the committee. At your next meeting, can you have a discussion about adopting the following set of values? Look, this is a symbolic thing mainly, but I believe that it can be a foundation you can look to when things are starting to go awry. It is also something you can communicate to the club (who are currently in the search of a new cultural direction) and you can ask them to consider adopting a similar set of values, not only to align with the supporters, but because they are values which bring success.

I formed these set of values independently but found that they were almost identical to the stated values of FC Barcelona, one of the most successful and community orientated football clubs in the world, so they can't be too far off the mark:. I have summarised them in a similar way to FC Barcelona but added Stability as a value:

Respect
Effort
Ambition
Teamwork
Humility
Stability

The goals of the above values are Success and Joyful Participation of the football community in the activities of our football club.

If the Newcastle United Jets FC and the Supporters adopt the same set of values, it will go along way towards achieving these goals, as shared values works toward shared goals. Someone has to be the one to start these things, and it can be US! People up to their necks in the day to day operations of football clubs rarely have time to put these things up for consideration. It is usually a board of directors who mandate these things. As far as I know, the Jets don't currently have a board of directors. So this is something we can do.

Please, can we have a thoughtful discussion about this? I know that when issues such as these are raised, people tend to fall silent or find it silly or unnecessary to articulate such things, but I firmly believe that when you look at the most successful organisations in the world, they do articulate these things and they put things in place so that these values are a daily lived experience in those organisations. And the end result is they achieve the goals they are seeking to achieve.

Local Rules
07-07-2014, 11:37 AM
Respect
Effort
Ambition
Teamwork
Humility
Stability

If you rearrange the letters, without stability, they form the word HEART. As supporters of the club we are the heart of this organisation and need to strive to be heard as such. I think the attitude and maturity shown is a step in the riht direction. Keep up the good work

hausmann
07-07-2014, 12:01 PM
Respect
Effort
Ambition
Teamwork
Humility

If you rearrange the letters, without stability, they form the word HEART. As supporters of the club we are the heart of this organisation and need to strive to be heard as such. I think the attitude and maturity shown is a step in the riht direction. Keep up the good work

Didn't realise that. That's pretty cool

Humility
Effort
Ambition
Respect
Teamwork

The question is whether or not Stability is an important value. Looking at our history from KB United to now, I think that it is very important for us so I think it should be in there.

There might be a case to say that all the other values create stability. I guess you can argue that Stability is a goal, not a value. You can also argue that it is a subset of Teamwork.

To me, it is so important to the survival of the club that it should be forefront in our minds somehow. May be it is better to say that the HEART values are aimed at achieving:

Success
Joyful Participation
Stability

Cheers. I was hoping people would comment because the contribution of many people makes something like this more valuable.

GazFish35
12-07-2014, 10:44 PM
Reminds me of an old "the fast show" skit.... But that's for another thread

I would like to second haussman's recommendation.

hawk
26-07-2014, 04:11 PM
Following on from my comments on the "Idiots" Thread in Ask the Club, as a Squadron member, I want to make a recommendation to the committee. At your next meeting, can you have a discussion about adopting the following set of values? Look, this is a symbolic thing mainly, but I believe that it can be a foundation you can look to when things are starting to go awry. It is also something you can communicate to the club (who are currently in the search of a new cultural direction) and you can ask them to consider adopting a similar set of values, not only to align with the supporters, but because they are values which bring success.

I formed these set of values independently but found that they were almost identical to the stated values of FC Barcelona, one of the most successful and community orientated football clubs in the world, so they can't be too far off the mark:. I have summarised them in a similar way to FC Barcelona but added Stability as a value:

Respect
Effort
Ambition
Teamwork
Humility
Stability

The goals of the above values are Success and Joyful Participation of the football community in the activities of our football club.

If the Newcastle United Jets FC and the Supporters adopt the same set of values, it will go along way towards achieving these goals, as shared values works toward shared goals. Someone has to be the one to start these things, and it can be US! People up to their necks in the day to day operations of football clubs rarely have time to put these things up for consideration. It is usually a board of directors who mandate these things. As far as I know, the Jets don't currently have a board of directors. So this is something we can do.

Please, can we have a thoughtful discussion about this? I know that when issues such as these are raised, people tend to fall silent or find it silly or unnecessary to articulate such things, but I firmly believe that when you look at the most successful organisations in the world, they do articulate these things and they put things in place so that these values are a daily lived experience in those organisations. And the end result is they achieve the goals they are seeking to achieve.

i suggested a supporters charters a while back but it was pretty much ignored. Maybe its time to look at one

boz-monaut
26-07-2014, 07:37 PM
Reminds me of an old "the fast show" skit.... But that's for another thread

this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvjk47UORFs

GazFish35
27-07-2014, 03:16 PM
Nah, it was one with ron manager, about modern footballers swearing.....