PDA

View Full Version : 2014 FFA Cup - Rd of 32 Newcastle Jets vs Perth Glory 5/8/14 k/off 730pm

Pages : [1] 2

furns
24-07-2014, 03:12 AM
http://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/2014/07/2014-ffa-cup-round-of-32-match-preview-newcastle-jets-vs-perth-glory/

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/newcastlejets-212x300.gif VS http://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/perthglory-226x300.gif

2014 Westfield FFA Cup
Round of 32
Newcastle United Jets FC vs Perth Glory FC

When: Tuesday 5th August, 2014
Where: Magic Park, Cnr Curley Rd & Denny St, Broadmeadow, NSW
Kickoff: 730pm AEDST (gates open 630pm)
Tickets: http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/Newcastle-Jets-FC-tickets/artist/10***46
Pre-match: from 530pm District Park Tennis Club, Cnr Lambton and Curley Rds Broadmeadow

The Newcastle Jets will donate $1 from each ticket sold for this fixture to the RiseForAlex Fund.

Watch: Telecast details TBC
Listen: ABC Newcastle 1233 or ABC Grandstand online
Tweet: @newyboys #NTUA #NEWvPER #RiseforAlex

Statistics

Overall – 27 games between the two teams.
Jets Wins – 6, Glory Wins – 15, Drawn – 6

In Newcastle – 14 games
Jets Wins – 5, Glory Wins – 7, Drawn – 2

Goals in Fixture
Jets – 30, Glory – 49

Cards in Fixture
Jets – 53 (52 Yellow, 1 Red), Glory – 46 (46 Yellow, 3 Red)

Recent Form
Jets – WDLWL
Glory – LWWLL

Leading Scorers
Jets – Adam Taggart 16, Glory – Shane Smeltz 4

Last Result -
Jets 1 (Taggart 61’) – Glory 2 (Marinkovic 84’, Harold 85’) at Hunter Stadium, Round 25.

Biggest Win
Jets 4 (Haliti 13’, Brockie 54’, Petrovski 68’ pen, 69’) – Glory, Round Mid Week 1, Season 6 at Energy Australia Stadium, 10/02/2010.

Heaviest Defeat
Jets 1 (Parisi 71’) – Glory 5 (Mori 33’, 62’, Harnwell 46’, Despotovski 52’, Sekulovski 81’), Round 7, Season 1 at Energy Australia Stadium, 08/10/2005.

Leading Scorers in fixture –
Jets – 6 (Joel Griffiths)
Glory – 7 (Jamie Harwell)

Coaches Head to Head – 0 matches

Newcastle Jets Coaching Records –
Gary Van Egmond – 16 matches (3 wins, 6 drawn and 7 losses = 19% win ratio)
Richard Money – 3 matches (1 wins, 0 drawn, 2 loss = 33% win ratio)
Branko Culina – 6 matches (2 wins, 0 drawn, 4 losses = 33% win ratio)
Nick Theodorakopoulos – 1 match (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)
Clayton Zane – 1 match (0 wins, 0 drawn, 1 loss = 0% win ratio)

Average Home A-League crowd – 9398

Key facts:
• The Jets haven’t beaten Perth in the last 8 meetings between the two clubs.
• This game will be the first time Ruben Zadkovich faces his old club.
• The Jets haven’t scored against Perth at home since March 2013 and haven’t beaten them at home since November 2011.
• Ben Kennedy has kept 3 clean sheets in 11 appearances against Perth, the most of any Jets keeper.
• These teams have never met on a Tuesday night.
• Joel Griffiths is the only member of the current squad to have previously scored for the Jets against Perth.
• The Jets have never lost to Perth when leading at half time. However, they have lost 11 times from 12 occurrences when they have been trailing at half time.
• The two teams have tended to score more goals in the second half than the first in these fixtures.
• There have been 10 penalties awarded in the 26 fixtures.
• The Season 4, Round 11 match is the 9th dirtiest game in A-League history.

Jets v Perth Trivia:

1. Who has more yellow cards in this fixture – Adam, Joel or Ryan Griffiths?

2. Who is the only Jet to have been sent off in this fixture?

3. Who was the first player to score for the Jets in the fixture?

4. Two Jets players have scored own goals against Perth. Who are they?

5. Which former Perth keeper was a substitute for the Jets in Season 2?

MFKS
24-07-2014, 08:07 AM
Jets v Perth Trivia:

Lord Griffo
Piorkowski??

DURANTE

leftrightout
24-07-2014, 08:13 AM
I like the trivia idea Jeterpool!
When i get to work ill make time to have a stab at them.

MFKS
24-07-2014, 08:14 AM
Actually Number 3 has to be Parisi being that it is written between the lines in the stats

BodyNovo
24-07-2014, 08:23 AM
reading this morning that because biraz has been picked in the all-stars game he will miss the FFA cup game

which game is the glorified friendly? The new cup competition game or the a-league all-nobodies + del piero v juventus

what a disgrace

GazFish35
24-07-2014, 08:44 AM
reading this morning that because biraz has been picked in the all-stars game he will miss the FFA cup game

which game is the glorified friendly? The new cup competition game or the a-league all-nobodies + del piero v juventus

what a disgrace

The irony of it all is that the FFA want teams to take the cup seriously..... And even WSW fans are calling the FFA idiots.

Jeterpool
24-07-2014, 08:59 AM
I like the trivia idea Jeterpool!
When i get to work ill make time to have a stab at them.

Thanks. I hope I can keep it going. I was trying to do work on the stats and stuff over the off season but my sources completenes has been varied.

Actually Number 3 has to be Parisi being that it is written between the lines in the stats

Hmmmmm....shit. Very observant!

Jeterpool
24-07-2014, 09:00 AM
The irony of it all is that the FFA want teams to take the cup seriously..... And even WSW fans are calling the FFA idiots.

:blink: Someone should be losing their job.

WolfMan
24-07-2014, 09:09 AM
What's to say BK wouldn't have got the nod anyhow?

I take your point though, if Taggart was still around we would be crying bloody murder

borat
24-07-2014, 11:05 AM
The big question is will Perth turn up and refuse not to play.

Jeterpool
24-07-2014, 11:09 AM
Perth are only missing Hersi, I believe. Why would they refuse to play?

borat
24-07-2014, 11:26 AM
Perth are only missing Hersi, I believe. Why would they refuse to play?

They walked out of a friendly last night against Sydney Olympic because they weren't allowed to warm up on the pitch

Jeterpool
24-07-2014, 11:34 AM
They walked out of a friendly last night against Sydney Olympic because they weren't allowed to warm up on the pitch

Really!??! Ha ha! There you go

borat
24-07-2014, 11:41 AM
After it had promoted all week as a reunion of sorts from 2003?? NSL Grand Final. Fans had arrived, corporate packages had been sold. 1 hour before kick off Perth left.

hausmann
24-07-2014, 12:47 PM

The whole thing stinks. FFA charging $250,000 if individual teams arrange friendlies, and taking players away from clubs playing in competitive matches for this meaningless friendly.

What is the big picture behind this? Noone supports the "A-League Allstars". It is pure entertainment fluff. That's fine in its own place, but if clubs are penalised for trying to use a bit of enterprise, or to establish links with other football clubs around the world. The A-League as a whole will be the loser and it undermines the real culture of football.

Personally, I would love it if the Jets established a link between one Japanese team, one Chinese team, one Korean team and one MLS team and rotated a friendly game between the four every four years. The purpose behind it would be to open up and develop real and lasting relationships with four specific clubs in our part of the world that aren't dependent on us getting into the Asian Champions League.

It just seems to me that prostituting ourselves to a big European club is both out of our league and of no real long term benefit.

But if the FFA would demand $250,000 for such a scenario each year, just so their A-League Allstars are not outshone, it paints the FFA in a very bad light. Friendlies need not just be about financial returns.

GazFish35
24-07-2014, 01:33 PM
the 250K was not to make sure the allstars werent out shown, but to ensure ony big clubs come out. stipulating the huge fee means that only clubs with huge drawing potential would even be considered.

its ridiculous that clubs struggling financially arent able to go aftera atracting a club they can afford, and take a calculated risk, FFA fee essentially means they have to take a bigger gamble, lay out bigger capital to get a bigger club here..... or have a pronmotre do it.... thne the profit goes to them not the club.

Id love to see the jets host 3 teams Asia in a four team tournament, far cheaper an exercsie than chasing an EPL team.

but forcing clubs to release players when they have FFA cup matches is absurd if they want the FFA cup to be taken seriously.

Bon
24-07-2014, 01:47 PM

Really!??! Ha ha! There you go

Wait, is this a gee up or for real???

GazFish35
24-07-2014, 01:51 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4021/a-league/2014/07/24/4980083/lowe-defends-sydney-olympic-no-show

GazFish35
24-07-2014, 01:51 PM
Wait, is this a gee up or for real???

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4021/a-league/2014/07/24/4980083/lowe-defends-sydney-olympic-no-show

Grimario
24-07-2014, 02:50 PM
Jets v Perth Trivia:

Velaphi

Jeterpool
24-07-2014, 03:01 PM

Nice one!

hawk
25-07-2014, 05:57 PM
After it had promoted all week as a reunion of sorts from 2003?? NSL Grand Final. Fans had arrived, corporate packages had been sold. 1 hour before kick off Perth left.
good.

Premy
25-07-2014, 06:11 PM
Any chance of getting a similar thread set up in the local foz for the Magic and Southy games. Info, stats, ect someone with more time then me maybe could set it up.

Merlot
28-07-2014, 10:18 PM
Zads, Rostyn Griffifths and Hersi are all out.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/soccer/a/24565724/glory-set-sights-on-ffa-cup-grand-prize/

Blackmac79
28-07-2014, 10:19 PM
Good news. Lets hope plane food give smeltz food poisoning.

Thomas477
28-07-2014, 10:35 PM
Good news. Lets hope plane food give smeltz food poisoning.

He's with Sydney now, so it doesn't mata.

Blackmac79
28-07-2014, 10:38 PM
He's with Sydney now, so it doesn't mata.

Even better. All this time....

BodyNovo
29-07-2014, 10:26 AM
From Squadron FB

Announcement: FFA CUP game v Perth

The Squadron will be operating and active for the its inaugural FFA Cup game versus Perth Glory on the 5th August at Wanderers Oval.

We will be positioned at the Northern End (see photo) and will be setting ourselves up like any normal home fixture at Hunter Stadium.

We will be holding our pre-game drinks and food specials at the Newcastle Tennis District Club (‘The Tenzo’) from 5pm through till Kick-off.

We encourage all supporters to get involved for this historic occasion and help get the boys home.

We would also like to wish both Broadmeadow & South Cardiff the best of luck in there fixtures tonight.

hawk
29-07-2014, 12:04 PM
speaking of helping out young Alex, id like to donate #shootforgriff, Baz set it up

MFKS
29-07-2014, 02:10 PM
speaking of helping out young Alex, id like to donate #shootforgriff, Baz set it up

Pretty unimpressed with our club helping this young bloke out in his hour of need.

Considering the bloke has actually struck it quite lucky (Not being smart) and was injured during work and will have his medical bills workos compo and couple of year contract to fall back on to help him out having us throw a few dollars more his way is really smart.

Lets not forget the bloke will probably be looked after by the Knights/NRL for employment for the rest of his life and then lets not forget whatever money the NRL raised the other month and am pretty certain the bloke isn't eating Whiskas on bread for the rest of his life.

Many others in the community suffer similar injuries and don't have the luxury and support this bloke has had and who have far worse prospects than Alex does and are most likely in need of the assistance at a more pressing rate it is rather offensive to me that we are having a whip around to benefit him.

Not trying to make light of his predicament but it is not right when there are so many more people worse off and in more need for it

What next a whip around next time James Packer falls off his polo horse to cover his medical bills???

q-money
29-07-2014, 02:27 PM
ffs you're a negative c*nt sometimes herr KFC

Wilso8948
29-07-2014, 02:27 PM
Have to say.. That's one of your more shit posts. Stick to what you're good at.. negative football banter. I agree that many others need help but don't speak low of a bloke that may well never walk/run/kick or jump for the rest of his life. That's a feeling I'm sure that no amount of $$ can put a price on.

q-money
29-07-2014, 02:30 PM
further, the whole reason they're kicking the tin is thus....

"most players are uninsured for severe injuries as negotiations between the NRL, players' union and clubs have failed to agree on a policy acceptable to all parties. A new proposal was sent to players on Friday and they have been asked to vote on it soon. Fairfax Media understands the cost of insurance would be split evenly between the player, his club and the NRL.

However, there are concerns that it only covers 75 per cent of a player's contract, and is capped at $500,000. It is also understood the policy does not provide cover for any existing injury, mental health or illness.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/nrls-rise-for-alex-mckinnon-appeal-nets-more-than-11-million-20140720-zv2cv.html#ixzz38pFNtdej "

Thomas477
29-07-2014, 02:31 PM
Why didn't we do the same thing for Neil Young though? The knoughts completely ignored that incident.

q-money
29-07-2014, 02:34 PM
why does it have to be tit for tat? suck it up and get over yourselves, a young bloke is possibly paralysed and you can help him simply by buying a ticket to a football match, and you're having a cry over what the knights didn't do three years ago, get a f*cking grip.

BodyNovo
29-07-2014, 02:37 PM
why does it have to be tit for tat? suck it up and get over yourselves, a young bloke is possibly paralysed and you can help him simply by buying a ticket to a football match, and you're having a cry over what the knights didn't do three years ago, get a f*cking grip.

100%

the NRL & The knights/HSG should be praised for what they did for alex, they have set a standard now for what sporting entities should do for individuals when this freak of an accident happens.

Disinterested Bystander
29-07-2014, 02:40 PM
Have to say.. That's one of your more shit posts. Stick to what you're good at.. negative football banter. I agree that many others need help but don't speak low of a bloke that may well never walk/run/kick or jump for the rest of his life. That's a feeling I'm sure that no amount of $$ can put a price on.

Where was he having a go at the guy who got injured? It reads to me that the member was merely questioning the media attention and resultant fund raising that has gone on for a guy who is probably getting the best available medical/rehab attention, will likely continue to do so, and has a 'job for life' from the NRL. Compare this to the average punter off the street who suffers a similar injury - once their workers comp insurance runs out, assuming the injury happened at work, they'll go back to bare basics in terms of rehab/medical unless they've got the cash to fund it for themselves, plus they'd have a remote chance of getting a job of any type post injury.

Jeterpool
29-07-2014, 02:50 PM
Considering the bloke has actually struck it quite lucky (Not being smart) and was injured during work and will have his medical bills workos compo and couple of year contract to fall back on to help him out having us throw a few dollars more his way is really smart.

Lets not forget the bloke will probably be looked after by the Knights/NRL for employment for the rest of his life and then lets not forget whatever money the NRL raised the other month and am pretty certain the bloke isn't eating Whiskas on bread for the rest of his life.

I bet he'd trade it all for the ability to walk again.

What next a whip around next time James Packer falls off his polo horse to cover his medical bills???

:facepalm:

Pico
29-07-2014, 02:56 PM
So is it a dick measuring contest for who the shitest fans/organisation is? Can there be a proud winner of that sort of competition.

Just a side note too, workers comp does not cover professional athletes, except for jockey’s who been considered a special case due to the severity of the types of injuries they suffer.

The Australian Athletes' Alliance, which includes the players' associations of most major sports, is also pushing for professional athletes to be covered by workers' compensation laws – as jockeys are.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/nrl-alex-mckinnons-legacy-will-ease-pain-of-horror-injuries-in-future-20140718-zuht5.html#ixzz38pGgHHUH

Having said that I do find it a bit rich for the NRL to be shouting from the roof tops how they are helping Alex when if they had shown greater leadership and invested a portion of that $1b TV rights they could have had a policy up and running now similar to the international rugby policy.

Blackmac79
29-07-2014, 03:19 PM
Bloke is in for a life time of shit.

I do hope however that the rise for Alex foundation or whatever it is called helps others who have similar injuries.

I know a lass who did her neck in a quad bike accident. Expensive injury that almost destroyed her family were it not for the genourosity of the community around her.

- did get shafted for posting a similar post to the members a few months ago on a different topic, I can see what the member is saying but still every little bit helps.

parksey
29-07-2014, 03:19 PM
Pretty unimpressed with our club helping this young bloke out in his hour of need.

Many others in the community suffer similar injuries and don't have the luxury and support this bloke has had and who have far worse prospects than Alex does and are most likely in need of the assistance at a more pressing rate it is rather offensive to me that we are having a whip around to benefit him.

Not trying to make light of his predicament but it is not right when there are so many more people worse off and in more need for it

you're embarrassing

MFKS
29-07-2014, 03:54 PM
Where was he having a go at the guy who got injured? It reads to me that the member was merely questioning the media attention and resultant fund raising that has gone on for a guy who is probably getting the best available medical/rehab attention, will likely continue to do so, and has a 'job for life' from the NRL. Compare this to the average punter off the street who suffers a similar injury - once their workers comp insurance runs out, assuming the injury happened at work, they'll go back to bare basics in terms of rehab/medical unless they've got the cash to fund it for themselves, plus they'd have a remote chance of getting a job of any type post injury.

Precisely Right.

Glad there are people out there who can actually read what is written and not go jumping off half cocked over something that was never said

Would rather we were kicking a tin around for some poor battlers from Woodberry who are struggling to make ends meet at the best of times and need to fly their sick child to the US for life saving bone marrow transplant treatment or something like that. There are plenty of them out there and we do **** all for them

Alex has been well looked after by the Rugby League community as well as being looked after by the fact he was injured whilst at work and not in his own time like the fate many others are unfortunate to suffer.

We would be better off helping these people rather than someone who doesn't need it as much.

We were talking about values we want in our club yet we do absolutely **** all for the needy in our society yet we have people here defending the middle class welfare our club are kicking into a cause that has already been well supported to the tune of $$$1.1million with the Rise For Alex Round the other week and doesn't need our assistance.

Go Figure??

q-money
29-07-2014, 03:57 PM
maybe we should have a whiparound every week and you can be the CEO of the MFKS foundation, helping out the downtrodden battlers of newy

furns
29-07-2014, 05:19 PM
can we get back to the football please ffs
do we really need to be debating the merits of fundraising for someone who will never walk again?

Couscous
29-07-2014, 05:24 PM
Completely agree with MFKS.

The growth of charity has coincided with the government's gradual withdrawal from the welfare sector. I'd prefer a public safety net that treats everyone who is harmed according to their need.

Why should the quality of your care depend on your fame, on whether celebrities campaign to raise funds for you, or on whether you employ good torts lawyers?

hawk
29-07-2014, 05:24 PM
fairdinkum i was only trying to help Griff And Al

but since there's terrible public outrage, why is there not a whip round for MH17? i would think death is serious enough.

plague
29-07-2014, 06:22 PM
Ok, a few of you on here making massive assumptions about the poor blokes finances need to shut up because you're embarrassing yourselves.
Fact is the max payout he was entitled to under the existing insurance policy is $70,000.
That's it.
The bloke may never walk again.
$70,000.
That is a fact.

Think, it's free.

parksey
30-07-2014, 12:21 AM
Completely agree with MFKS.

The growth of charity has coincided with the government's gradual withdrawal from the welfare sector. I'd prefer a public safety net that treats everyone who is harmed according to their need.

Why should the quality of your care depend on your fame, on whether celebrities campaign to raise funds for you, or on whether you employ good torts lawyers?

haha as if this is what he meant

GazFish35
30-07-2014, 11:22 AM
Think, it's free.

Agreed, but for some it's painful. ;)

Nou Camp
30-07-2014, 12:09 PM
Ok, a few of you on here making massive assumptions about the poor blokes finances need to shut up because you're embarrassing yourselves.
Fact is the max payout he was entitled to under the existing insurance policy is $70,000.
That's it.
The bloke may never walk again.
$70,000.
That is a fact.

Think, it's free.

is entitled to $500,000 according to this
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/alex-mckinnon-would-have-received-up-to-three-times-the-insurance-payout-if-he-played-in-a-rival-football-code/story-fni3gf5j-1226999104249

wouldve got heaps more playing AFL or Union

the a league is a bit of a worry

plague
30-07-2014, 12:31 PM
is entitled to $500,000 according to this
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/alex-mckinnon-would-have-received-up-to-three-times-the-insurance-payout-if-he-played-in-a-rival-football-code/story-fni3gf5j-1226999104249

wouldve got heaps more playing AFL or Union

the a league is a bit of a worry

Re: the $500k.
It's been widely reported but it's not the real number.
Trust me.

Don't get me wrong, the insurance company 'could' pay that amount but according to them the most they are the hook for is the $70k.

PR nightmare for them if they take the cheaper option.

Jeterpool
30-07-2014, 12:45 PM
So Why is Hersi ruled out of the game? Zads and Griffiths have knee injuries I see.

MFKS
30-07-2014, 12:46 PM
Whatever issues the NRL have with their insurance contract for their players is down to their incompetence no one else.

The bloke is still going to be reasonably well off financially after the incident.

It ain't like many others in the community who's family life is destroyed short term medium term and long term when someone loses their income making ability due to an injury sustained.

May I also point out as the bloke was also the victim of a tackle that is illegal the option of civil suit is there.

Point stills stands WHY IS OUR CLUB DOING VERY LITTLE TO HELP THE LITTLE GUY IN THE COMMUNITY WHO HAS BEEN ****ED OVER BY CIRCUMSTANCE OUTSIDE THEIR CONTROL ???

Yet we can help someone who's circumstances are a bit more fortunate???

Jeterpool
30-07-2014, 01:17 PM
Can we move this to the Rugby League thread if we want to keep debating the issue?

plague
30-07-2014, 02:53 PM
Can we move this to the Rugby League thread if we want to keep debating the issue?

No, because Member is pointing out faults with our club and society in general rather than Rugby League itself.
Member has obviously never done anything nice for anyone ever in his life.
Top bloke. Liberal preselection is on soon, he should consider running.

Premy
30-07-2014, 03:30 PM
No, because Member is pointing out faults with our club and society in general rather than Rugby League itself.

:roflz:

His me thinking all along that you were a righty

MFKS
30-07-2014, 03:30 PM

So here I am calling for us to do the nice thing for people not in a position to receive assistance and worse off than Alex yet apparently I am a **** of the highest order.

BIZARRE WORLD :facepalm:

MFKS
30-07-2014, 03:33 PM
On another note those actually planning on going to the game Parking is a bit of an issue around Magic Park last night.

Basketball Stadium and Tennis were in full swing

Add in the crowd for the Magic Strikers game made the area a bit packed.

Being the Jets will probably get more than 1.5k for their game may need to factor this in for your arrival transport plans etc

Jeterpool
30-07-2014, 03:43 PM
On another note those actually planning on going to the game Parking is a bit of an issue around Magic Park last night.

Being the Jets will probably get more than 1.5k for their game may need to factor this in for your arrival transport plans etc

Cheers

parksey
30-07-2014, 04:21 PM
So here I am calling for us to do the nice thing for people not in a position to receive assistance and worse off than Alex yet apparently I am a **** of the highest order.

BIZARRE WORLD :facepalm:

only because you're trying to save face with a lame attempt to recontextualise your earlier disgraceful post

belchardo
30-07-2014, 04:27 PM
only because you're trying to save face with a lame attempt to recontextualise your earlier disgraceful post

that must be the first time "recontextualise" has been used on this forum.

Merlot
30-07-2014, 07:25 PM
So Why is Hersi ruled out of the game? Zads and Griffiths have knee injuries I see.

Seems he is blocked by all-star selection.

MFKS
30-07-2014, 08:35 PM

Where am I recontextualising my original post???

If you read it again I am still saying the same thing.

Another one who supports welfare for the middle class I see

Jeterpool
30-07-2014, 08:49 PM
Seems he is blocked by all-star selection.

Of course. Cheers

LiverJet
30-07-2014, 09:15 PM
Sounds like they are having a good trial tonight 5-1 up after 63 minutes, don't think they hae won that big in a preseason for a while

Jeterpool
30-07-2014, 09:54 PM
Looking forward to next Tuesday night. Should be a good game.

hawk
30-07-2014, 10:29 PM
Sounds like they are having a good trial tonight 5-1 up after 63 minutes, don't think they hae won that big in a preseason for a while

who we playing?

Mark325
30-07-2014, 10:42 PM
Someone told me last time out against Weston we picked up an 8-1. Not sure if he was right, but if he was should stop playing Weston since they seemingly offer up nothing worthwhile

plague
30-07-2014, 10:44 PM
:roflz:

His me thinking all along that you were a righty

what makes you think I'm not?
http://images.askmen.com/money/investing_300/309_401k-tips-from-gordon-gekko-flash.jpg

parksey
31-07-2014, 12:13 AM
Where am I recontextualising my original post???

If you read it again I am still saying the same thing.

Another one who supports welfare for the middle class I see

the first post was pretty much just a dig at the club supporting a rugby league player with a bit about the community tacked on to the end. now you're pretending that you're some beacon of morality fighting the good fight for the people of newy.

Wilso8948
31-07-2014, 12:21 AM

Lucky if Alex wanted to attend the game he could of parked in the disabled parking..

You criticise if they did nothing. You criticise when they do it all.

To quote your favourite saying .. "FFS"

furns
31-07-2014, 03:38 AM
Can we end this discussion please? If you dont want to donate, then dont buy a ticket.
I think Newy people like to help wherever they can, its something to be celebrated not used as a stick to beat people with.

MFKS
31-07-2014, 08:26 AM
the first post was pretty much just a dig at the club supporting a rugby league player with a bit about the community tacked on to the end. now you're pretending that you're some beacon of morality fighting the good fight for the people of newy.

Where is the dig at the club for supporting a rugby league player???

I was quite deliberate not to make any point of rugby league V Football as codes and what I personally think of it.

Secondly where did I claim to be a beacon of morality fighting the good fight for the people of Newy?? Other than Plagues sarcasm about Foundations for this and that there has been no mention of me big noting myself about my contributions in this area

I am of the opinion our club should be a beacon of morality fighting the good fight for the people of Newy. Instead of throwing their support to the cases that are already being supported to throw their support to the ones who are not being supported and who desperately need it.

Beside the Positive PR they would get it is actually the right thing to do.

As for the bit about supporting the community bit being tacked on at the end.May need to re read my posts as I have continued to emphasise that point in subsequent posts.

Jeterpool
31-07-2014, 08:43 AM
So how do people think we will line up Tuesday? I'm particularly interested in hearing from those that have attended the games in Weston. We've played a 3-5-2 and a 4-4-2 diamond, haven't we?

-----------BK-----------

JP----KJ------AM-----CG

-------BK-----------

JV---------JS (*)-------DC

-------JN-----JG-----

(*) not looking for Steele to be a Number 10. expect Jeronimo to drop back off Griff.

Is my guess

snake
31-07-2014, 09:28 AM
this thread was a hell of a lot more interesting than the title suggests

agree with the member - there are so many needier recipients of charity who are handicapped (figuratively) by their low profile

plague
31-07-2014, 12:26 PM
this thread was a hell of a lot more interesting than the title suggests

agree with the member - there are so many needier recipients of charity who are handicapped (figuratively) by their low profile

This whole biz hasn't just been about Alex though. It has highlighted the NRL's lack of cover for all of thier players (which is the players own fault not doing it in thier last CBA).
During the last few weeks money has been raised for 2 former players who both suffered career ending injuries yet were hung out to dry (they are only going to get the same $70k payout). Also there was a young bloke from Foster who broke his neck and money and attention has been given to him which otherwise might not of happened without the rise for Alex thing going on.
Thurston, Smith etc wearing the wristbands is in part helping thier mate but it's also about them realising they are screwed if something similar happened to them. They want pressure put on the players a association and NRL to fix it.

(Also soz Jeterpool I know you're trying to get back on topic).

Jeterpool
31-07-2014, 12:54 PM
(Also soz Jeterpool I know you're trying to get back on topic).

That's fine Plague. It's a lively debate and is worthwhile. I'm just trying to chat about football.

sammydog
31-07-2014, 01:02 PM
So how do people think we will line up Tuesday? I'm particularly interested in hearing from those that have attended the games in Weston. We've played a 3-5-2 and a 4-4-2 diamond, haven't we?

-----------BK-----------

JP----KJ------AM-----CG

-------BK-----------

JV---------JS (*)-------DC

-------JN-----JG-----

(*) not looking for Steele to be a Number 10. expect Jeronimo to drop back off Griff.

Is my guess

How would you change that once Flores is fit and Montana turns up? I'm assuming Flores will slot straight in causing a slight reshuffle, Montana is still a relative unknown for us.

Blackmac79
31-07-2014, 01:08 PM
Tenzo opens at 12. Everyone on here is required to come and support it by buying at least 1 cold drink. More if you think that putting money in magics coffers is bad for northern NSW Football (not the association but the actual state of the game)*

* May not actually represent my view, however if it gets more of you along to support the tenzo then so be it!

Jeterpool
31-07-2014, 01:11 PM
How would you change that once Flores is fit and Montana turns up? I'm assuming Flores will slot straight in causing a slight reshuffle, Montana is still a relative unknown for us.

Honestly mate, I don't know. I haven't watched the boys this year and they've played two different formations. I guess once they settle on a formation it might be easier to understand (however we might be surprised and have the ability to switch and change formations this year!)

I'll have a go:

-------BK---------------
-----------JS-----------
JN-----MF----------DC

-------JG-------------

Without seeing Montano I don't know either. This conundrum I discussed in the Joel Griffiths thread. If he's out of this world, where would he fit? Because if he sits on the bench I can see the inevitable questions about why waste a Visa spot on a bench player.

parksey
31-07-2014, 01:58 PM

RedMexican
31-07-2014, 08:47 PM
Tenzo opens at 12. Everyone on here is required to come and support it by buying at least 1 cold drink. More if you think that putting money in magics coffers is bad for northern NSW Football (not the association but the actual state of the game)*

Im hoping to have atleast 7 cold drinks.

* May not actually represent my view, however if it gets more of you along to support the tenzo then so be it!

Im hoping to have atleast 7 cold drinks.

Grimario
02-08-2014, 05:04 PM
Thwaite has just been added to the All Stars team so that's another one missing for them.

Jeterpool
04-08-2014, 08:54 AM
Jets v Perth Trivia:

Answers to the trivia questions:

1. Ryan Griffiths (3) - Adam has 2 and Joel 1.
2. Daniel Piorkowski
3. Franco Parisi
4. Allan Picken and Andrew Durante
5. Tando Velaphi

BodyNovo
04-08-2014, 09:03 AM
Answers to the trivia questions:

1. Ryan Griffiths (3) - Adam has 2 and Joel 1.
2. Daniel Piorkowski
3. Franco Parisi
4. Allan Picken and Andrew Durante
5. Tando Velaphi

Parisi :wub:

that dura own goal still would be one of the funnest nights at turton road.

poured rain all game and 11k rocked up on memory as well.

GazFish35
04-08-2014, 09:52 AM
anyone know how tickets are going?

i just bought one for my old man GA213

MFKS
04-08-2014, 09:54 AM
anyone know how tickets are going?

i just bought one for my old man GA213

Rather odd as I bought one a week ago and my GA number was in the 300's

furns
04-08-2014, 01:28 PM
yep, now we are with ticketmaster, those numbers are meaningless. Many formulas have been attempted to try to explain the meanings of the PAX numbers, all of them useless.

Blackmac79
04-08-2014, 03:10 PM
Anyone wanting to help out with tifo for tomorrow. I will be at the tenzo from 12.

Also anybody wishing to sign up as a member of the Squadron prior to the AGM will also be able to, I will have my shit together for once....

The Dunster
04-08-2014, 03:33 PM
What size crowd should we expect for this game ? I'm going to guess it will be the usual pre-season type affair and guess 1800 or so.

furns
04-08-2014, 03:39 PM
with it being a meaningful game against A-League opposition, i would be expecting bare minimum 2k. Anything over 3k would be great.

sammydog
04-08-2014, 03:48 PM
I've still got to get my ticket, but I am going. Id hazard a guess there are a heap of lazy people like me that just haven't purchased yet and will leave it till the last minute.

furns
04-08-2014, 03:50 PM
I would hate to think what the price for walkup tickets will be....

sammydog
04-08-2014, 03:52 PM
$17 if I read correctly, but I was indenting to buy and print it off myself to save enough for part of a beer.

MFKS
04-08-2014, 04:07 PM
What size crowd should we expect for this game ? I'm going to guess it will be the usual pre-season type affair and guess 1800 or so.

Considering it was 1500 last week Magic V Olympic you would expect a much larger turn out considering the size of the Jets support add in the HAL opponent and also the Griff factor.

We don't get 3k then questions need to be asked as to why

sammydog
04-08-2014, 05:32 PM
Whats the ground capacity?

Grimario
04-08-2014, 05:41 PM
Whats the ground capacity?

http://www.ultimatealeague.com/stadium_detail.php?stadium_id=66

Says 1,000... then says highest attendance 4,000. :gent:

Magic wiki page says 3,500
Soccerway says 1,000
worldfootball.net says 10,000 :lulz:

sammydog
04-08-2014, 05:45 PM
I'd heard 4,500 but I'd have thought you could pack more in.

If 3,000 turn up though, it should still be a decent atmosphere.

plague
04-08-2014, 06:25 PM
We don't get 3k then questions need to be asked as to why

To be fair though, we could get 10k and you'd still blow up about something.

MFKS
04-08-2014, 06:35 PM
To be fair though, we could get 10k and you'd still blow up about something.

Considering how many fans we have, this being the first time in the comp, this being the first time for most to see Jeronimo Steele etc, that we are playing HAL opponent and Magic were able to get 1.5k for a game against a no name Queensland State side I think it ain't asking too much for us to have 3k there tomorrow night

Jeterpool
04-08-2014, 06:58 PM
Considering how many fans we have, this being the first time in the comp, this being the first time for most to see Jeronimo Steele etc, that we are playing HAL opponent and Magic were able to get 1.5k for a game against a no name Queensland State side I think it ain't asking too much for us to have 3k there tomorrow night

Given it's a school night, clubs training and the middle of winter I'd be happy with 2k but expect 2.5. I hope for broadmeadow's sake they get a good turnout.

Are they selling beer at the ground?

Jeterpool
04-08-2014, 06:59 PM
I'd heard 4,500 but I'd have thought you could pack more in.

If 3,000 turn up though, it should still be a decent atmosphere.

Without a doubt

Superdylan
04-08-2014, 07:24 PM
Given it's a school night, clubs training and the middle of winter I'd be happy with 2k but expect 2.5. I hope for broadmeadow's sake they get a good turnout.

Are they selling beer at the ground?

Yeah at first I was thinking a packed ground, now thinking it will be closer to half full. At least the atmosphere will be better then hunter stadium. The cooler weather plus the lack of seating may keep some families & older fans away.

Of cause they will be selling beer.

Thomas477
04-08-2014, 08:12 PM
Brisbane Strikers are hardly no names, they were in the NSL at the end.

newi24-2-08
04-08-2014, 08:30 PM
Is this game on telly?

plague
04-08-2014, 08:32 PM
Got offered the night off training if we all went as a team.
A resounding no was heard throughout the meeting.
Would rather burpies and shuttle runs that pre season Jets.

lquiquer
04-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Got offered the night off training if we all went as a team.
A resounding no was heard throughout the meeting.
Would rather burpies and shuttle runs that pre season Jets.

Come to train on the hill, plenty grass

WolfMan
04-08-2014, 08:40 PM

Can't see Steele's name on the Squad List...

But strangely, Hoole (shoulder surgery) does appear.

Tuesday, 5 August 2014
Newcastle Jets v Perth Glory
Magic Park, Broadmeadow (NSW)
Kick-off: 7.30pm local (7:30pm AEST)
Referee: Kris Griffiths-Jones

Radio Broadcast: 1233 ABC Newcastle, online at abc.net.au/newcastle or on the 1233 ABC Radio App