PDA

View Full Version : commonwealth games thread

belchardo
26-07-2014, 11:44 PM
Post your rants about how shittingly annoying the channel 10 coverage is.

Even Mel can't save this tripe.

Trying to watch the hockey- cut to an ad break at a ridiculous time, cut to a shot of usain bolt looking like a dickhead.

Watched a bit this morning as well. After watching 30 minutes I was certain the only event that happened overnight was the 4 x 100 mens relay.

Blackmac79
27-07-2014, 07:47 AM
Ha. I had a conversation with a work colleague that said that noone cared about the world cup and that the commonwealth games was going to be a far greater event......

Looking forward to comparing the first couple of TV ratings with her.

Skirt Boy
27-07-2014, 12:19 PM
Where are the shots of the highly skilled and athletic female athletes?

IMO they are better athletes then men. :chant: :chant:

Jeterpool
27-07-2014, 12:22 PM
Ha. I had a conversation with a work colleague that said that noone cared about the world cup and that the commonwealth games was going to be a far greater event......

This x1000. Please let us know how it goes. Ask her what the brazillisns, Germans, Spanish, French and Americans all think of it

boz-monaut
27-07-2014, 01:09 PM
if they had u23s football at it the way they do at the Olympics it might be interesting

and we could always bring out the old chestnut about having Australian states compete separately

there really are a whole bunch of loser countries in the Commonwealth though

hawk
27-07-2014, 03:46 PM
beer swilling aussie held his nerve and pint very well in the 10m pistol

Jetmaster
28-07-2014, 05:31 PM
Haven't seen Mel yet - when is she usually on?

MFKS
28-07-2014, 05:43 PM

I take it you straightened out the stupidity and didn't let it go through to the keeper????

Oxygen Thiefs like that need to know how ignorant they really are

Bremsstrahlung
28-07-2014, 10:10 PM
Interview with James magnussen is cringe worthy to say the least. Not even mel could salvage that debacle of awkwardness.

leftrightout
29-07-2014, 08:04 AM
Seems to be so so many ad breaks in the coverage. Last night they came back from an ad break showed 1 aussie guy do one high jump, a quick replay of another, then crossed to the netball that had about 45 seconds remaining in the quarter and went to more ads.

Bremsstrahlung
29-07-2014, 10:14 AM
I dislike how they chop and change between things so quick...

They showed pretty much the full netball game of Aus vs England.
Aus vs NZ in the 7s, they showed about 4 minutes of a 14? minute game...

I do like Thorpey, but he looks like such a sleaze sitting on that couch with Mel.

Bremsstrahlung
02-08-2014, 03:36 PM
Honestly cannot figure hurdles out.
I feel like the primary objective is to jump the hurdle. In the mens 110m, some guy knocked over about 6 of the buggers. Somehow still wasn't disqualified.
Apparently, they don't get any penalties or DQ's unless their intentionally knock it over...
Should penalise people if they knock them over...

Only good thing about hurdles.
http://forums.auscelebs.net/acnet-images/78570/michelle-jenneke-591229.jpg